• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regenerationn Page Missing Type Clarification on Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Previous thread: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1713233#122

Last thread turned into a joke, and since it was going nowhere, I decided to close it and bring the new topic that arises from staff members saying that basically "Since souls are not intangible or the souls are made of a fictional material" compare to the other verse they should NOT have Low-Godly regen.

It feels kind of bias (I am not insulting anyone, just talking about the concept in general ) to exclude a certain type of soul just because its different from the rest. I want to suggest to include all types of souls or specify what type of soul should get the type of regen in the page. Because a soul is a soul.

I've seen some weird threads in Bleach Wtf, so Low Godly seems the best to follow, and why are you arguing about souls in bleach being really souls?

They proved to be intangible in the human world, and only fullbringers and people who have little reishi were shown attacking a soul, Yammy absorbed the souls of humans, and Tatsuki who could see ghosts and hollow ..

The previous scans end on part of his body still existing. He is pretty messed up, but he did not stop existing.

Also, even if he disappeared, minuscule particles could still be present. Unless the attack that killed him proves EE, we can't assume EE.

We aren't assuming EE , we all disagreed with it. What we did go with that his body was completely destroyed, he's a soul made of Reishi aka Spiritual Particles. The Mugetsu destroyed his body and he regenerated

Aizen is only composed of spirit particles Assalt since he is only a soul, he is pretty much completely gone. The thin black line is most likely the slash and you can see debris floating around.

Bleach-2399347
Bleach-2399349

Assaltwaffle said:
The previous scans end on part of his body still existing. He is pretty messed up, but he did not stop existing.

Also, even if he disappeared, minuscule particles could still be present. Unless the attack that killed him proves EE, we can't assume EE.
If you're talking about the Gif image the feat is not completed. Its not completely shown. But I can link you a full video if you want.

Well I'll say this. I don't know the context well enough. However...

1. If he truly was completely erased, all normal and spirit particles totally erased, not just dispersed, then I think Mid-Godly applies. Mid-Godly involves coming back from nothing. If your verse acknowledges no spirituality or, in this case, souls are composed of matter, as long as the character is completely obliterated to the point of being absent from existence, then Mid-Godly applies.

2. If he wasn't completely erased and still exists in some form or fashion, this isn't Mid-Godly.

I don't think Low-Godly works. At all. Low-Godly implies that your body has been destroyed, but you, in some way, are still around. It doesn't matter whether it is your mind or soul or something in between, but if you still exist yet can remake your body, that is Low-Godly.

If you're completely gone and you have no soul/disembodied consciousness, I can only think that is Mid-Godly.

Assalt I thought the same thing, it doesn't work like that. Low Godly is simply having your Soul destroyed. Mid Godly is having your Soul erased from Existence. And the former is what happened in the feat, Sosuke Aizen a Shinigami who's a soul composed of Spiritual Particles had his body or "soul" destroyed by the Mugetsu.

This feat better fits Low-Godly since he is a soul and was completely destroyed, he regenerated back in about 3-4 pages which were only a couple of seconds.

The Shinigami don't have physical bodies since they're just souls.

@Knight

No, Low-Godly isn't having your soul destroyed. If your soul is gone, it is Mid-Godly.

Destroyed and erased can be interchangeable in this context. "Erased" is just flowery.

@Frantzy

Can the shinigami exist as disembodied consciousness, or do they need those soul particles? If they need those soul particles, and his were destroyed, he is gone and works for Mid-Godly (so long as he really was gone and not just vaporized/dispersed).

From what I know, a character with Mid-Godly usually has statement of them getting "erased", not destroyed, "erased".

The key word is "Erased" here.

But again, we have a literal cake which got Mid-Godly despite never been mentioned that it got "erased" from existence.

@Homu

I'd leave the cake out of this... it's weird.

But "destroyed" and "erased" are basically the same thing, wording wise.

HOWEVER, "erased" shows you're completely gone, while "destroyed" supports it. However, this is either Mid-High or Mid-Godly. I don't see this being anything in-between.

Mid-Godly: The ability to regenerate even after being completely erased from existence, including mind, body, and soul.

@Assalt I'm not sure, Aizen pretty much has the best regen in the verse but I've never that before. Although it was stated that nothing in soul society can kill him, and they have an existence erasure bankai and previously an execution device used to "vaporize" the soul of the target, but this was destroyed earlier in the series.

Assaltwaffle said:
@Knight

No, Low-Godly isn't having your soul destroyed. If your soul is gone, it is Mid-Godly.

Destroyed and erased can be interchangeable in this context. "Erased" is just flowery.

@Frantzy

Can the shinigami exist as disembodied consciousness, or do they need those soul particles? If they need those soul particles, and his were destroyed, he is gone and works for Mid-Godly (so long as he really was gone and not just vaporized/dispersed).

1: Are you sure about that? Matt and many other seemed to have agreed that erased is meant to be taken literally. I'd also agree with them on that matter.

2: He was completely gone. The Mugetsu disappeared and there are no traces of Aizen left after until he regenerated. Which forced him into a previous state. All his Spiritual Particles were destroyed and since he's a soul he'd also be destroyed

@KazuiK

Not sure if this is at me or someone else. If it is at me, I am well aware of our definition. However, "completely erased from existence" is the key part here. If Aizen was ONLY a soul, if it was destroyed and he had no disembodied consciousness left, it is Mid-Godly, not Low-Godly.

@Assalt

When Shinigami die.....its unknown, I always assumed they get reincarnated as humans.

Otherwise they need those particles

@Knight

If vaporized was used, we cannot assume that he was totally gone, as such wording is evidence to the contrary.

If his soul was vaporized, it implies particles of it survived. If particles survived, he was not removed from existence or totally "destroyed" but rather "vaporized", which is a physical description that implies the survival of minuscule particles.

@Assalt

Vaporized was never used in the content. Vaporized comes from the death penalty from the Soul Society that they use but its been destroyed for a long time. I'm talking about the Mugetsu that left no trace of him. Mid Godly also makes since considering Ichigo is also a Quincy who completely erase Souls.

It wasn't vaporized. I think your confusing the Mugetsu for the thing back in the SS arc.

Assalt seems to be confused on the context of the feat. This isn't the Flame bird from the SS that only vaporized people. This is Ichigo Mugetsu, an attack that destroys souls from his Quincy side. Aizen was indeed gone.

But why is it still has Mid-Godly on it? </div>

IDK maybe because as I said it's getting downgraded

Yama was not able to kill Aizen, Yhwach was not, neither was Ichigo.

Yama Bankai has erasure of existence, Yhwach and Ichigo are Quincys, and Quincys can erase from existence ...

After a shinigami dies, his reishi becomes part of the SS and reincarnates in the human world. Well, for me it does, I'm neutral here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back