• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Which Bleach characters are NOT souls?

ArachDusa

She/Her
I just checked up on one of the Bleach Fullbringer pages on the wiki and saw it was listed as having soul physiology, even though Fullbringers are human and have physical (Kishi) bodies. Upon closer inspection I realized that soul physiology is listed on every Bleach profile it could find, including characters who are both human and only ever appeared in the living world. That was a bit weird, so I checked the ability page itself to see if there's an explanation, for instance, that the ability actually refers to anyone with Reiryoku and only called a physiology for consistency or something... But no. The page repeatedly said the ability refers to characters who are souls, exist as souls, constructed of Reishi, et cetera. By this definition living humans should be excluded. You could argue that the ones who live in Soul Society like the Sternritter could have converted their bodies to Reishi like Urahara did with Orihime, Chad and Ishida when they traveled to Soul Society, and therefore could potentially count as souls, but then what about the Fullbringers, most of whom were never seen in Soul Society? They have Reiryoku-based abilities, but they're not listed as having Reiryoku-based abilities, they're listed as having the ability whose page defines it as "the innate characteristics of being a soul in the series", which they are not. So what's going on here? Has there been some kind of miscommunication regarding who counts as a soul and who doesn't? This isn't a content revision thread, so I'm not saying there was an error and we should change anything, but if the wiki's definition of soul physiology doesn't only refer to being a soul, I feel like it should have been made a little more clear.

Fullbringers Ginjo, Tsukishima and the butler old dude died as humans. There bodies are now souls of reishi as seen in TYBW and CFYOW where they live with Ganju’s sister in the Rukongai of the Seireitei.

As per Yukio, Riruka, Chad, Orihime and Uryu who are humans. They should have Pseudo-Soul Reishi bodies in their profiles instead. Although those characters are technically human, their bodies were modified by Urahara’s technology so they could enter the spiritual world as pseudo-souls without having to leave their material physical bodies. In a nutshell, their material kishi physical bodies were turn into reishi soul bodies.

It doesn’t change anything in their profiles. Except maybe be more specific on their pseudo soul bodies.

Fullbringers Ginjo, Tsukishima and the butler old dude died as humans. There bodies are now souls of reishi as seen in TYBW and CFYOW where they live with Ganju’s sister in the Rukongai of the Seireitei.

As per Yukio, Riruka, Chad, Orihime and Uryu who are humans. They should have Pseudo-Soul Reishi bodies in their profiles instead. Although those characters are technically human, their bodies were modified by Urahara’s technology so they could enter the spiritual world as pseudo-souls without having to leave their material physical bodies. In a nutshell, their material kishi physical bodies were turn into reishi soul bodies.

It doesn’t change anything in their profiles. Except maybe be more specific on their pseudo soul bodies.
That still leaves Jackie Tristan. I'm pretty sure she doesn't have anything like that, but she's still listed as having soul physiology on her profile.

That still leaves Jackie Tristan. I'm pretty sure she doesn't have anything like that, but she's still listed as having soul physiology on her profile.
Jackie Tristan lost her Fullbring powers at the end. She is a normal human now. I didn’t count her. But yeah, she should not have that but at least have interaction with reishi / souls since that is what Fullbringers manipulative inside of kishi / matter for her Fullbring arc profile at least.

Back