• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regenerationn Page Missing Type Clarification on Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matthew Schroeder said:
There is no proof of erasure in this scene, you can't even prove that Aizen was destroyed on a subatomic level. So that ain't happening. And Bleach souls are made of physical particles so no mid godly is happening.

Nani? Matt, this is proof you literally aren't knowledgeable about Bleach in the slightest. Just like in the Almighty thread you agreed with the weaknesses blindly. You were literally disagreeing with it via Assalts reasoning despite him never rejecting it. Which proves that you haven't read any of the arguments here and are acting out of a bias. There is proof, Aizen's body disappeared without a trace, no vapor or anything, his soul was destroyed. Also no, Bleach Souls are still souls they're just composed of Reishi. The constant downplay is getting ridiculous. You've been debunked when it comes to Bleach how many times now? The evidence speaks for itself. You cannot ignore facts, Aizen doesn't have atoms to regenerate from making your point moot. Even ignoring this feat there's still the fact that the Soul Society could not kill him, Yamamoto can erase you from existence and even he wasn't able to kill Aizen. Furthermore the Mugetsu also includes his Quincy powers and Quincy destroy souls completely. There is nothing you can say to "debunk" this without inserting your own fanfic.

Hmm, but why are you guys using Yama-jii's Bankai? We don't know if he can completely erase someone from existence, as shown with the fake Yhwach. We just know it can erase the existence of what it touches, not that it will erase someone entirely. His Zanpakutō is probably too small to do the job.

Though I think I agree with the Low-Godly or whatever based on the other things above.

Yama Bankai is just used as an assumption to be honest because of the multiple statements claimed by SS members that they cannot kill him.

We won't know the full extent of Yama existence erasure but it looks to be in the low tier of existence erasure? I don't think it's anything like say Hakai based on the way it's applied.

Regenerating from a chunk of your body being erased from existence should still be regenerating from Existence Erasure.

Spirits in Bleach are made of Reishi - spirit particles - which are in fact physical. They are simply a different kind of matter than atoms, which is a very common trope in fiction.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Spirits in Bleach are made of Reishi - spirit particles - which are in fact physical. They are simply a different kind of matter than atoms, which is a very common trope in fiction.

This is false, Reishi and atoms don't mix well together. No no they aren't pshical. Souls in Bleach are souls no matter how you cut it, and again Ichigo's Mugetsu involved his Quincy powers. And they straight up destoy them. Mid Godly Regenerationn cannot be debunked here.

It was literally stated reshi doesn't mix well with kishi lmao. They're souls and not physical beings like at all.The only time they're physical is when they wear a gigai lmao.

Nothing suggest spiritual matter consist of any of the traditional elements matter consist of, it literally the opposite.

mugetsu had ichigos quincy powers. aizen in his monster form was part hollow. quincies erase hollows from existence..... which is what happened to monster aizen.... and despite this fact aizen still regenerated..........how is that not mid or low godly Regenerationn?

Honestly I don't know what to think at this point.

Was Auden hit by an EE attack or not?

If so, he has Mid-Godly. If not our system doesn't account for regening from partial soul destruction. We cover all kinds of bodily destruction, up to outright physical erasure in Low-Godly, so totally erasure of every aspect of the character in Mid-Godly.

• Quincy are stated to erase Hollows, Mind body and soul. It's why Shinigami hunted Quincy down to make sure they don't ruin the Balance of Souls. Aizen in this form was also a Hollow, and a Shinigami. Souls and well Quincy destroy souls making reincarnation impossible.

• The Mugetsu is all of Ichigo's power, Zangetsu is his Quincy side and his Shinigami side.

• The text bubble could imply E.E but I'm not sure

• Aizen was completely destroyed, not partial soul destruction. His entire soul was destroyed.

His entire body(which is just a soul) was completely destroyed via Mugetsu. The only indication we have of what the attack is was the last page where it said "everything returns to nothing".

I don't remember souls in Bleach being portrayed as physical. It certainly seems like they aren't, considering there are souls who linger on the human world and never pass onto Soul Society, and Chains of Fate represent the separation between the physical body and the soul, aka Kishi and Reishi.

Not sure if this is Low-Godly or Mid-Godly, though.

Personally I'd rate it like this just to be safe. "At Least low Godly, at most Mid Godly." ( Regenerated after having his Soul destroyed by the Mugetsu. )

Shinigami are demonstrably physical and biological beings. They age. They bleed. They can have children. They feel exhausted from physical exertion. And they are made of particles.

To suggest otherwise is to ignore the entire Manga.

And champion, please stop derailing this thread with yor petty insults.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Shinigami are demonstrably physical and biological beings. They age. They bleed. They can have children. They feel exhausted from physical exertion. And they are made of particles.

To suggest otherwise is to ignore the entire Manga.

And champion, please stop derailing this thread with yor petty insults.

They bleed due to being attacked with weapons called Zanpakuto's. They aren't pshical, but it isn't going against thr entire premise of Bleach to say that they aren't souls. The only one ignoring the Manga is you

Shinigami and Soul Reapers bleed because they are hit with weapons that can affect them. It's explained that they lose Reishi, which ends up making them collapse. In fact, you can say the "blood" is nothing more than Reishi leaking.

Ulquiorra basically dissipated after losing enough Reishi.

Having their own, separate biology proves nothing in the way of them being physical. And aging doesn't either. It's a common trope that some spirits eventually fade away after hundreds of years stuck on a plane.

From the moment a soul gains Reiatsu, it begins to age, it needs to eat, rest, and so on, but that does not change the fact that they are souls, and zanpakutos were made to hurt souls.

@ Matt, I know you are used to hearing this but, you really have a poor knowledge about Bleach, I am not saying that you have not read Bleach, probably have read but have almost no knowledge about.

Champion234 said:
Twas nice talking to you too mister lowballer. have a jolly day now!
You are doing nothing more than throwing ad hominem arguments at Matt instead of arguing. Whether he's biased or not, you're the one in the wrong here.

Also, guys, it doesn't matter if they are souls within the universe of the manga. Show me another setting where souls age, bleed, sweat by working out, and have babies.

Within a wider context, souls in Bleach do not behave like they do in a more general understanding, or indeed any other fiction that I know of.

They are even made of particles. Which differ from how human particles work because they are from a different dimension / plane of existence. Just like say Cthulhu and his children having matter not made of atoms because they are from an older universe.

There's literally nothing to address. You've been debunked and out voted by a large margin. Even if we assume Shinigami aren't souls ( They are.) there's still the fact that Aizen was also part Hollow and Ichigo's Mugetsu is all of his Hollow, Quincy and Shinigami powers in one attack. Quincy's destroy the Souls of Hollows, Hollows are souls which is why Shinigami had to kill Quincy so they wouldn't mess up with Balance of Souls. To say that Bleach souls aren't souls is to completely ignore everything. So if you really wanna say that Bleach souls aren't souls then The Soul King maintaining the Balance of Souls wouldn't matter.
Fa1db63606fc1e360c10595fc3b9f6a0c5fae953 288703 760 1200 (2)
Bleach-3294433
9f4b8f82f60c9c381791f4d7cf9b2d4d973f4cfe hq
Bleach-3294435
C67365d897609f118c5a62c9301476e05b2a546f hq

There's absolutely nothing you can say to prove that these aren't souls without inserting your own headcanon.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Also, guys, it doesn't matter if they are souls within the universe of the manga. Show me another setting where souls age, bleed, sweat by working out, and have babies.

Within a wider context, souls in Bleach do not behave like they do in a more general understanding, or indeed any other fiction that I know of.

They are even made of particles. Which differ from how human particles work because they are from a different dimension / plane of existence. Just like say Cthulhu and his children having matter not made of atoms because they are from an older universe.

1: We don't need to, this is Bleach we're talking about. Stop using different verses to try to debunk things whenever it's perfectly explained in Bleach.

2: They do and I've proved it. At this your you're just being daft and denying it for no reason.

3: Refer to 1.

Not comparable, Kep. Zanpakutou being special weapons that affect them doesn't debunk anything else that I said.

They are still biological beings that are physical in their own way. Their aging isn't comparable to a soul dissipating like in some other settings. It's literal old age that effects and changes their bodies.

Shinigami can also pass down their genes and have children, which indicates that they have some form of DNA. Which they wouldn't have if they were these fully ethereal, spiritual beings you suggest them to be.

Souls fading away with time isn't anything unheard of in fiction.

Them bleeding is them losing their Reishi. After enough of a loss, they dissipate, such as what happened to Ulquiorra.

Souls having to spend energy isn't unheard of. It's a common trope, including in modern day African religions, where ewntities are portrayed as having limited energy.

Having babies has literally nothing to do with whether they are physical or not. It's a property of theirs.

Reishi is not a psychical substance. Earth-bound souls are non-physical souls, intangible to all but humans with Quincy powers, that stick to Earth for a long time before passing onto Soul Society.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Not comparable, Kep. Zanpakutou being special weapons that affect them doesn't debunk anything else that I said.

They are still biological beings that are physical in their own way. Their aging isn't comparable to a soul dissipating like in some other settings. It's literal old age that effects and changes their bodies.

Shinigami can also pass down their genes and have children, which indicates that they have some form of DNA. Which they wouldn't have if they were these fully ethereal, spiritual beings you suggest them to be.

1: It's comparable. Zanpakuto's can effect other spirits which is why why bleed. It debunked everything you just said.

2: Bleach souls do age, they just don't age quickly. As seen with Barragan.

3: How's that for mean anything?

@Matt

It may be best you just stop for now. If you want to debink this, it would be best you go through and read in depth the series yourself and do what you did with Devil May Cry if you think this is wrong.

Why do I say this?

1) This is becoming circular.

2) This will end with nothing but insults being thrown out. You see what Champion did. That will only continue.

3) You are already accused of being biased and being someone whose spiteful towards the series due to grudges. This thread, is not going to help remedy that whatsoever.

Continuing this is only going to make shit worse and this entire thread be full of personal attacks. i.e every other Bleach thread. There is a time one has to "cut their losses". If you want to continue to go against this, it's best you fully read the series and every nook and cranny because to be blunt, as a friend, you lack the ammo to keep shooting. So I am asking you to quit here, a pick it up again later.

@Unite My Rice

Completely wrong and also ignoring of context.

We see how souls look like in Dragon Ball: They are shapeless ghosts. It is an entire plot point that some certain people, like Goku, are allowed to keep their bodies in the afterlife.

And even then, they neither age nor die.

Matthew Schroeder said:
@Unite My Rice

Completely wrong and also ignoring of context.

We see how souls look like in Dragon Ball: They are shapeless ghosts. 'It is an entire plot point that some certain people, like Goku, are allowed to keep their bodies in the afterlife.'

And even then, they neither age nor die.

Much like how it's a plot point in Bleach. And Shinigami do age and die.

Yeah, while I agree with Matt 100%, I also have to agree with DragonMaster that it's probably best to fine a perfect timing, just like he did with the DMC and Halo downgrade threads. Bleach threads have been pretty much have been basically prone to flame wars, especially as of late. The best way to defeat an army of aggressive people who throw stones is to walk away and and gather some prep time. I can help out with you, preferably PM's, but it's best to avoid Bleach threads for the time being to avoid any unnecessary hostility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back