• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Mew and Arceus

If I'm not wrong, among the most important would be: Manipulation of death and absorption of life (Yveltal), also manipulation of life (Xerneas), Wonder Guard (I think it qualifies as nullification of power, but I'm not sure), Reflection of declining statistics (Corviknight) and all state movements (Mega Diancie, Mega Absol among others), dynamax (I suppose it is obvious, but not very important either). Dark Matter has low godly Regenerationn over time, but it is the embodiment of negative emotions, so I don't know if it will count as pokémon that it was originally part of arceus. You might also get limited vector manipulation and stat amplification (pokemon go trainer, although this implies friendship, so I'm not sure). Also passive manipulation of nightmares (darkrai), immunity to movements based on sound (soundproofing), passive decrease of statistics when entering combat (Intimidate), etc.

Actually now that I think about it, is there any particular reason why Arceus and the CT dont get abilities granted by Dynamax?

Dynamaxing is literally given to pokemon via space-time distortions. Why would mon who are the concepts of space-time, and the mon whos one with the Multiverse itself, not be granted abilities given from smaller-localized space-time distortions?

ah, arceus would also receive double stat boosts per move simple and his physical / same type moves would do double damage (huge power + Adaptability)

But there are also bad skills! Normalize would be one of them (converts all user movements to normal type). Although, since Arceus has control over types / tables, maybe it shouldn't matter

JustANormalPerson01 said:
Perhaps these pokemon appear in expansion passes, if so, they would get them in a totally assured way.
They are. Dialga, Palkia and Giratina are confirmed to be coming in the DLC with the other legendaries.

Dunno about Arceus though.

Going back to the main thread topic, wouldn't Arceus become very difficult to deal with if given all abilities? I remember that there are abilities that nullify the side effects of pokémon, while others enhance them. There are also abilities that passively convert normal movements into other types, how would that be treated?

Maybe DMax is like the mega evolution, which has various origins, like the death ray of the ultimate weapon and the meteorite that fell on Sootopolis City.

JustANormalPerson01 said:
Going back to the main thread topic, wouldn't Arceus become very difficult to deal with if given all abilities? I remember that there are abilities that nullify the side effects of pokémon, while others enhance them. There are also abilities that passively convert normal movements into other types, how would that be treated?
^

NeoZex6399 said:
It's hard for me to see the Original Spirit with a skill like Slow Start.
I honestly doubt that's a real skill and is more so Regigegas being slow and cranky.

Well was it even agreed for Arceus to get all the pokemon abilities? Moves yes, but abilities? It was mentioned for Mew and agreed to not be applicable outside of transform. So what about Arceus?

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Well was it even agreed for Arceus to get all the pokemon abilities? Moves yes, but abilities? It was mentioned for Mew and agreed to not be applicable outside of transform. So what about Arceus?
Technically, if Pokemon are part of Arceus, why could they only use their moves and not their abilities?

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
It would be cherry picking to not include the negative abilities

most if not all of the negative abilities are because of either a personality or a biological weaknesses, which wouldn't apply to Arceus

Overlord775 said:
most if not all of the negative abilities are because of either a personality or a biological weaknesses, which wouldn't apply to Arceus
Or special circumstances, with Slow Start being Regigigas waking up after his 1000s of years slumber.

honestly, the negative skills I see it as follows:

Truant is described (at least on the vsbattles slaking wiki) that the pokemon must rest after each attack. Arceus and his infinite stamina would solve it

Normality and abilities that change type to arceus would make no sense even applying them. Arceus has control and created the types of the pokémon (the tables), so I don't see that a mere ability should prevent him from using the movement in his original type

Regigigas ability would be a problem, but with huge power and speed boost it would be neutralized

Regarding the imposter ability, arceus as a non-corporeal spirit should not be harmed by the ability.

Now the countrary ability, which would only hex Arceus if he wanted to increase his own statistics (he has abilities that prevent him from lowering statistics by returning this to the sender)

The last ability that would have a certain problem would be Sheer Force, this ability could mean a problem and the only possible way to deny it would be Serene Grace. Although I don't think doubling the chance of side effects negates them entirely. Still, this ability doesn't affect status moves as toxic, so I don't see it causing much of a problem

@Crop

most aren't, like for exemple Wonder Guard or Magic Bounce

@Uld

i categorized it under biological weakeness TBH, as Regigans needs time to re-start his metabolism after having been asleep/stone for thousands of years

Overlord775 said:
i categorized it under biological weakeness TBH, as Regigans needs time to re-start his metabolism after having been asleep/stone for thousands of years
Fair, I didn't consider Regigigas' ability as Biological as I'm not sure if he's a Weird natural Machine or an anima/elemental like the other Regis.

As far Slow Start goes, Arceus doesnt even need other abilities to cancel out Slow Starts hinderance. The movie by itself just shows this.

A weakened Arceus has canonically slept for far longer than Regigigas and he was immediately able to leave his realm and wreck shit in the Pokemon world upon waking up. Plus, even in his sleep Arceus has done actions. Like colliding Dialga and Palkia's dimensions and causing space-time distortions in the Multiverse just by twisting and turning in his sleep. Hell, Dialga by itself has shown to be able to use his time hax despite passing out after getting the snot beaten out of his Avatar by Arceus.

For many reasons, Slow Starts hinderance wouldnt apply to Arceus at all.

Back