• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arceus Avatar Upgrade (Technically? More Clarification)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everything12

The Heavenly Fount
VS Battles
Administrator
So I'm basically doing this preempt any questioning, also having been gone for some time is a perfect excuse to get some clarification on this stuff. Arceus' avatar is 5D, not all of it's hax is. Let's look at Arceus current ability descriptions and figure out which are.

First up is it Creation. This should be easy, Arceus' avatar (the Original One) was made 5D alongside it's dimension, as the Original One who originally alone before making everything it made that realm.

This also scales to it's Dimensional Travel (which it can use of others, so BFR), but that's pretty specifically mentioned in it's P&A. So I don't think clarification is needed.

Existence Erasure, Volo was going to use it to erase the world so that could it could be remade. Does this scale to it's own 5D realm it created, not out the realm of possibility.

Here is some harder stuff. The Original One's Concept Manipulation states this "Emanated the concept of time, space, willpower, emotions and knowledge into existence.", not only were this originally part of it's being before it spread them through creation through the making of the creation trio, but its also said:
"Within the newborn spirit, time and space were intertwined as one. People and Pokémon, too, were but the same presence. As I understand it, people and Pokémon shared the spirit and awareness.They should have understood and accepted each other then. Because they shared the same spirit, people and Pokémon intermingled. People took the place of Pokémon, and the opposite also held true. That interpretation could give us an idea about how our world came to be. A Pokémon is said to have shaped this world. Could that Pokémon be the physical form of the original spirit? Hmm... The spirit came to be, and from it, time and space were born... That seems to point to Legendary Dialga, the Pokémon of time, and Palkia, the Pokémon of space...And they lead back to Arceus, the Pokémon that made them arise."
This states that before the concepts of space and time were released upon creation as Palkia and Dialga by the Original One they were part of the Original Spirit. Now, I'm not arguing that they should be 6D, nor that the Creation Trio should get Tier 1 Concept Manipulation. That's not what this CRT is for, and I personally can't say even I fully agree with such thoughts, but I do think this is enough to say that the Original One has the ability to manipulate concepts that exist somewhere around it's own level of existence.

Here comes the fun stuff, the Plates. Described as "fragments of an all-encompassing diety (Arceus)", which is likely what is meant by:
"The Original One breathed alone before the universe came. When the universe was created, its shards became this Plate."
*The It being the Original One, not the universe.

They are closely tied to Arceus, and are used to call upon it and draw upon it's power. Beyond all that, the newest Plate, the Legend Plate, given by Arceus itself in it's realm is described as:
"A stone tablet imbued with the essence of all creation. When used on a certain Pokémon, it allows that Pokémon to gain the power of every type there is."
So I personally think that they, and the powers associated with them to scale to the Original One's full abilities (5D).

Now this wouldn't scale to all the Plates abilities, nor would it upscale the powers the Original One from other Pokémon and humans to the Plates max, but they should scale to:

Power Absorption and Power Bestowal (second one), these are the abilities it uses to create the Plates and utilise their power.

Power Nullification and Invulnerability, sorta, any 5D power that the Plates have imbued in them can be used to negate attacks of the same power.

Body Control too I guess, as the Plates being part of them makes them unbreakable and allows them to call them to it went it wants.

And it's resistance to Power Mimicry, Power Absorption and Power Nullification as (Only the rightful bearer of the plate draws from the power it holds, and the rightful bearer is the only one who can use it because the plates are fragments of Arceus)

Edit: Minor addition
It drives others mad because of it's power, which is 5D. However, it shouldn't drive other 5D characters mad because they would also possess 5D power.

Edit again: This one isn't 5D though, it involves the true form, but it also mainly affects the avatar key so I think it is relevant to the discussion.

The avatar Arceus is what the it's true form uses to interact with the rest of creation, as is noted.
Immortality (Type 9; Is the physical manifestation of the Heart)
However, originally we thought of them as true separate but related entities, but Legends: Arceus made it clearer that the ture form, actually uterlises it to directly interact with the rest of creation. Acting as the mind of the avatar that sees and walks the world through it.

Which he also have noted through the Intelligence section of Arceus not being separated by its key of avatar and true form.
Intelligence: Omniscient (The Heart holds all creation as part of itself, existing purely as consciousness that holds the concept of knowledge, Uxie; who has dominion of knowledge in the multiverse, as an extension/aspect of it's avatar)
What I'm asking it how do we categorise this beyond the Immortality Type 9 and Intelligence? Do we attach true form Arceus' Higher-Dimensional Existence to the first key for its mind having that, or what?

Edit, third times the charm:
The Eternal Battle Reveries place in Arceus' 5D realm, it takes you there through your dreams.
Dream Manipulation (Eternal Battle Reverie is accessed by going to sleep and meeting Arceus in a dream, with Pokémon being able to gain experience, evolve and players wake up with items they won in the dream)

While fighting there Arceus can place affects on yourself or the opponent.
Healing (Can heal HP and PP to max under player request in Eternal Battle Reverie.)

It also has this effect that I can't find on its profile?
Sacrifice HP for double points: Sacrifice 20% of a Pokémon's max HP to double the points earned in the upcoming battle. Fainted Pokémon cannot be selected.
I think this would be Life Manipulation?

Last edited:
Oh nice, agreed

And now that i finished writting my big homestuck CRT, I should continue making the CRT to give him UES and make all the plate abilities fully scale to 5D

Now this wouldn't scale to all the Plates abilities, nor would it upscale the powers the Original One from other Pokémon and humans to the Plates max, but they should scale to:

Power Absorption and Power Bestowal (second one), these are the abilities it uses to create the Plates and utilise their power.

Power Nullification and Invulnerability, sorta, any 5D power that the Plates have imbued in them can be used to negate attacks of the same power.

Body Control too I guess, as the Plates being part of them makes them unbreakable and allows them to call them to it went it wants.

And it's resistance to Power Mimicry, Power Absorption and Power Nullification as (Only the rightful bearer of the plate draws from the power it holds, and the rightful bearer is the only one who can use it because the plates are fragments of Arceus)
I guess those are the only abilities that scale to 5-D, right? I hope I'm not missing something.

Eh, no. Pretty much the whole thing is talking about 5D?

First part is about abilities that scale to its 5D realm.

Second is about it's ability to manipulate concept being on its level, because of the concepts relation to it and it's true form.

Third is the Plates scaling to it, because of being parts of itself and holding the power of all of creation.

Edit again: This one isn't 5D though, it involves the true form, but it also mainly affects the avatar key so I think it is relevant to the discussion.

The avatar Arceus is what the it's true form uses to interact with the rest of creation, as is noted.

However, originally we thought of them as true separate but related entities, but Legends: Arceus made it clearer that the ture form, actually uterlises it to directly interact with the rest of creation. Acting as the mind of the avatar that sees and walks the world through it.

Which he also have noted through the Intelligence section of Arceus not being separated by its key of avatar and true form.

What I'm asking it how do we categorise this beyond the Immortlaity Type 9 and Intelligence? Do we attach true form Arceus' Higher-Dimensional Existence to the first key for its mind having that, or what?

So I added something else to the CRT based off some questions I had that I felt was relevant.

@Elizhaa @Maverick_Zero_X @Starter_Pack @Planck69 @LephyrTheRevanchist @DarkDragonMedeus @LordGriffin1000

The changes look good to me. To be clear the abilities that scale to Tier 1 are the creation of its realm, possibly Existence Erasure, the manipulation of concepts it created and the innate Plate powers?

Theirs also the question of the Higher-Dimensional Existence thing. But yeah, that's all the 5D stuff.

Edit: Several months away and my constant edits and typos haven't changed, dying inside here.

Dream Manipulation should be 5-D as well, no? I am 90% sure Arceus also said the eternal battle reverie is beyond space and time, like his realm, but don't quote me on that

Otherwise, I agree with the OP

The higher-dimensional existence I think we could add it, specifying it is for his mind

Well I did wonder about that, but I also haven't reached the Reverie myself so I wasn't going to comment on that here, but if you say then I can check it out.

Well I did wonder about that, but I also haven't reached the Reverie myself so I wasn't going to comment on that here, but if you say then I can check it out.
I can't play the game myself, don't have an external memory for my switch..goddamn Tears of the Kingdom is a thicc game

I could check some old scans I had of it, let me look it up

I can't play the game myself, don't have an external memory for my switch..goddamn Tears of the Kingdom is a thicc game

I could check some old scans I had of it, let me look it up
Ah, I had indeed asked about this before in translations. Executor basically explains here that by the context of how Arceus refers to talking "beyond time and space" doesn't necessarily apply to the EBR, but rather that he himself is watching beyond time and space the protagonist living in Hissui.

Ah, I had indeed asked about this before in translations. Executor basically explains here that by the context of how Arceus refers to talking "beyond time and space" doesn't necessarily apply to the EBR, but rather that he himself is watching beyond time and space the protagonist living in Hissui.
That's the final battle against Arceus in the story not the DLC. And whether the Battle Reverie actually is the same place is a discussion people had that I don't want to bog down this thread with by restarting it here.

That's the final battle against Arceus in the story not the DLC. And whether the Battle Reverie actually is the same place is a discussion people had that I don't want to bog down this thread with by restarting it here.
Eternal Battle Reverie takes place in the same dimension of the final battle

What about the other parts of the thread?
The first part with creation, dimensional travel and existence erasure look ok, so dose the second part regarding concept manipulation (Though that isn't my expertise), madness manipulation is good. As for the plate stuff, I'm neutral on the last part regarding the rightful bearer thing, can't anyvPokemon get boosts from those things in game or am i mistaken.

The first part with creation, dimensional travel and existence erasure look ok, so dose the second part regarding concept manipulation (Though that isn't my expertise), madness manipulation is good. As for the plate stuff, I'm neutral on the last part regarding the rightful bearer thing, can't anyvPokemon get boosts from those things in game or am i mistaken.
That's only a fraction of the power of the Plates which is allowed because the very energy that allows Types and moves originates from the Plates themselves, if they try to use anything beyond that without Arceus' permission then you get stuff like this happening.

They can get the boost, but they can't access their further powers. Like Arceus using them to negate attacks, changing his own type, etc.

Edit: Ninja'd

That's only a fraction of the power of the Plates which is allowed because the very energy that allows Types and moves originates from the Plates themselves, if they try to use anything beyond that without Arceus' permission then you get stuff like this happening.
Hmmm, alright then, I don't have a problem with it.

Also added this after discusion:

The Eternal Battle Reveries place in Arceus' 5D realm, it takes you there through your dreams.
Dream Manipulation (Eternal Battle Reverie is accessed by going to sleep and meeting Arceus in a dream, with Pokémon being able to gain experience, evolve and players wake up with items they won in the dream)

While fighting there Arceus can place effects on yourself or the opponent.
Healing (Can heal HP and PP to max under player request in Eternal Battle Reverie.)

Sacrifice HP for double points: Sacrifice 20% of a Pokémon's max HP to double the points earned in the upcoming battle. Fainted Pokémon cannot be selected.

Also added this after discusion:

While fighting there Arceus can place effects on yourself or the opponent.

Well, I brought it up, so gotta agree now

But yeah, agreed it should scale

Would you count this:
As Life Manipulation? Not sure if that is right, but I can't think of an alternative?

I don't think the point doubling counts as an actual things, they aren't tangible or even metaphysical. But also why doesn't they have Status Effect Inducement for Battle Reverie already when they have the Resistance Negation for it on their?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back