• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arceus and the Jewel of Fake Interviews

Basically, on Arceus' profile there's this interesting note:

Note 2: A frequently brought up topic is the fact that Arceus was incapacitated by a simple meteor in the movie Arceus and the Jewel of Life. According to director Yuyama, Arceus was too powerful for the scenario to work in its original setting, which is that of an Omnipotent and Omniscient being, so he decided to create drama by making it incomplete with missing plates, and to make it more convincing by including a time-slip sequence to solve the problem, making this a classic case of Plot-Induced Stupidity. More explained in the link provided.

The problems are two:
  1. The first link doesn't say literally anything about nerfing Arceus for drama purposes, it only gives generic info on the plot and characters.
  2. The second link is a VBW comment which however uses an interview that... simply doesn't exist.
In fact, if I search the kanjis, you'd get very few results:

The first is just something about the remastered of the Mewtwo movie, which doesn't mention anything about Arceus.

Others are either powerscaling sites, a fan article on Arceus' made on Pixiv, or random documents that are completely unrelated to Pokémon.

I dunno if this should've go here or in RVR (given that Sniper and his sock(s) were banned), but this deserves attention anyway.

The note should either be completed removed or reworked with just actually existent information, idrc.

Last edited:
Agree with removing it, but I do think the interview should not be used even if it was real. It says that Arceus was nerfed by giving him less plates, and the context is that this makes him weaker and more vulnerable to Pokemon attacks. In the scene where he's hurt by the meteor, Arceus had all his plates, meaning he wasn't nerfed and this interview statement has nothing to do with it. I'm not saying we should downgrade Arceus but the note is just using the term Plot-Induced Stupidity incorrectly

Gotta nerf Arceus as then there's nothing holding the amount of so-called outliers for the claimed stuff.

Alright, not like the movie isn't a secondary canon that can't even keep it's scaling consistent when self-contained. If it wasn't for the Lunar Wing I'd be fine with even just say it's outdated non-canon with how it doesn't match how Game Freak, secondary canon, or even the anime's own Hoopa movie and Journey's special portrays Arceus.

The citation is right. The link literally gives you the video where the director explains how the movie was made, it's the second video that appears as soon as you open the page.

But it's not an interview really, just a director commentary. He did the same for previous movies of you go back to previous pages.

It would be best if the video itself could be archived properly, but I tried to extract it before when I first shared it, I was unable to. There's a recording on bilibili and we could use it if the source is eventually erased, but while it exists it would be good to keep the original link.

The citation is right. The link literally gives you the video where the director explains how the movie was made, it's the second video that appears as soon as you open the page.

But it's not an interview really, just a director commentary. He did the same for previous movies of you go back to previous pages.
You mean the one where he holds the plushie? Then it'd be better to make a version of the video with the transcript to make it actually believable, with also linking the source, as otherwise this is looking like a DMC incident.

It would be best if the video itself could be archived properly, but I tried to extract it before when I first shared it, I was unable to. There's a recording on bilibili and we could use it if the source is eventually erased, but while it exists it would be good to keep the original link.
Damn, you guys are in a pickle huh.

I downloaded both videos in the first link using Internet Download Manager, did it with utter ease. The only issue is keeping it somewhere without it getting nuked by the Nintendo overlords.

Damn, you guys are in a pickle huh.

I downloaded both videos in the first link using Internet Download Manager, did it with utter ease. The only issue is keeping it somewhere without it getting nuked by the Nintendo overlords.
I usually stay out of Pokemon threads, but **** Nintendo for being so stingy with their IPs. Don’t get me started on what they apparently did to specific kind of Smash tournaments IIRC.

The only issue I have RN is this:

1. The videos are 16 MB and 22 MB each. Too big to keep on the wiki.

2. Nintendo is insane when it comes to copyright. I'm a Bangladeshi so Nintendo couldn't do a goddamn thing to me because we don't have copyright laws (A blessing in disguise) but it could result in the site getting completely erased off the face of the Planet so...

Mind getting the transcript too?

I mean through tools or translators.
That I have no idea how to use. I only got the video.

I did find this tho:

何千年もの昔、人間に裏切られたアルセウス。 人間に復讐するため、激しい怒りとともに現代へと現れたアルセウスは、サトシたちがたどりついた町・ミチーナを攻撃する。
アルセウスのエネルギーを受け、竜巻に巻き上げられるサトシたち。 そこへ遺跡の守り人シーナ、ケビンが駆けつけ、不思議な力でディアルガを呼び出し、助けを請う。
アラモスタウンで壮絶なバトルを繰り広げたディアルガとパルキア、さらに、ディアルガを追ってきたギラティナまでもが姿を現し、かつてない神々の戦いがはじまった!

IDK if this means anything but if it helps you out, glad to be of service.

That I have no idea how to use. I only got the video.
Mind telling the progam you've used to get it? My Video Downloader is ****** up with that site.
何千年もの昔、人間に裏切られたアルセウス。 人間に復讐するため、激しい怒りとともに現代へと現れたアルセウスは、サトシたちがたどりついた町・ミチーナを攻撃する。
アルセウスのエネルギーを受け、竜巻に巻き上げられるサトシたち。 そこへ遺跡の守り人シーナ、ケビンが駆けつけ、不思議な力でディアルガを呼び出し、助けを請う。
アラモスタウンで壮絶なバトルを繰り広げたディアルガとパルキア、さらに、ディアルガを追ってきたギラティナまでもが姿を現し、かつてない神々の戦いがはじまった!
It's only a generic overview of the movie's plot.

Back