• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Mew and Arceus

I believe we are waiting for the low 1-C CRT before we do that, though technically the Profile is actually a Original Spirit one and we would be adding a Key for the Arceus Avatar.

And about the Plates, they are created when the Original Spirit took the power of some unknown giants to make them, and the one who lost them is the very physical and not part of everything Arceus Avatar, not the Original Spirit which is part of everything.

In the myth that talks about the Original Spirit Arceus is described as "a Pokémon that is the physical form of the Original Spirit" so Arceus is indead a Pokémon.

GyroNutz said:
Iirc we don't assume that a 4-D being's powers are all 4-D, god or otherwise.
We do

It makes no sense for a 4-D god's abilities to somehow be unable to only affect people infinitely below them. We don't assume 3-D people's abilities are only able to affect 2-D things.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
GyroNutz said:
Iirc we don't assume that a 4-D being's powers are all 4-D, god or otherwise.
We do
It makes no sense for a 4-D god's abilities to somehow be unable to only affect people infinitely below them. We don't assume 3-D people's abilities are only able to affect 2-D things.
Huh, what do you mean, I can only harm -0 Dimensional beings.

Huh. I guess that's because it would take really long to go through every single move and list all the abilities they grant?

Edwardtruong2006 said:
We do

That equivalency doesn't work when 3-D is the default dimensionality, and especially when said god only gets the ability because a 3-D aspect of it has the ability.

Yeah but that's not explicit evidence that their ability is somehow infinitely weaker than just them punching. It'd only make sense for them to be on the same dimensional level because it's coming from the same source.

You're saying "just them punching" as if potent Multiversal AP is somehow meant to be less impressive than a regular 7-A Pokemon's ability. Said infinitely+ weaker Pokemon are the only things that showcase these abilities, and Arceus gets the same abilities as these Pokemon because they are a part of him.

Said moves are a byproduct of his plates, direct parts of Arceus's being and to add further have the powers of giants that existed before time and space and fought against Arceus So pokemon moves are definitelly 4-D when used by Arceus

I'm fine with the plates argument, but the plates don't provide the abilities of every Pokemon, just the moves.

Imo abilities and pokedex entries shouldn't be given types. That'd just be based on assumptions.

"It sends out psychic power from the red organ on its forehead to foresee its opponents' every move.

"Having traded away its muscles, Alakazam's true power has been unleashed. With its psychic powers, it can foresee all things."

They really could't make it more clear that his precognition is based around his Psychic type powers

Then... the 4D things that arceus would have are: All the pokemon movements (by plates) and maybe other things like Darkrai or hoopa's abilities (by OP's reasoning)?

JustANormalPerson01 said:
Buuump
Maybe if the abilities of all pokemon are just 3D, Arceus could have them, clarifying in a "Note 5" that they only affect a 3D scale
Again, that literally makes no sense since these ablities were originally from a 4-D being passed down to 3-D ones.

If they originally come from a 4-D being, then they were originally 4-D. Plus, like I said before, even the CT have done 4-D stuff with pokemon moves that weren't their signature ones.

If it is accepted that all pokemon abilities are 4D for the original spirit, that would imply a massive increase in hax for arceus.

I see that it makes sense that Arceus abilities are 4D, but I have seen that some think otherwise, that's why my comment

Back