• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Record of Ragnarok: Whatever the hell happened to this verse

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main “contradiction” was that Ultimate Straight Punches “were stated to be his fastest attack” which was wrong.
The main contradiction is Zeus constantly spamming the attack and everyone being perfectly able to keep up with his movements, which means the very impressive first showing it had isn't even remotively consistent to literally every other time it is used.

The main contradiction is Zeus constantly spamming the attack and everyone being perfectly able to keep up with his movements, which means the very impressive first showing it had isn't even remotively consistent to literally every other time it is used.
He didn’t spam it, he was shown using it TWICE after going into Adamas. That’s a non-argument, as it’s just blatantly wrong and misleading.

This was addressed already, if you had actually kept up with the thread, you would know.

Now, i’d like if you actually answered my question instead of attempting to stonewall.

He didn’t spam it, he was shown using it TWICE after going into Adamas. That’s a non-argument, as it’s just blatantly wrong and misleading.
Twice
Literally have a scan of him using it multiple times on the page
Sure
Now, i’d like if you actually answered my question instead of attempting to stonewall.
I'm not attempting to stonewall, you haven't brough any argument as to why this is valid beyond trying to appeal to old takes like "PIS" whenever a contradiction comes up.

The scan shows him using it twice. The kanji for it is shown twice on the page. He was only shown using it a total of 3 times, and there’s nothing stating or implying that it was perceivable any of these times. It was mixed in with other attacks as well, and those were the perceivable ones. Logically, that checks out, as the first showing of the move wasn’t perceivable.
I'm not attempting to stonewall, you haven't brough any argument as to why this is valid beyond trying to appeal to old takes like "PIS" whenever a contradiction comes up.
I have, but you blatantly haven’t kept up with the thread enough to know.

Please, answer the question. You have blatantly ignored the question multiple times.

It was mixed in with other attacks as well, and those were the perceivable ones. Logically, that checks out, as the first showing of the move wasn’t perceivable.
Or, hear me out, don't nictpick the scene and say only the parts that don't support your argument didn't happen.
I have, but you blatantly haven’t kept up with the thread enough to know.
I've literally been around here for quite some time now, so I would like to know how far your "debunks" are to read them.

Or, hear me out, don't nictpick the scene and say only the parts that don't support your argument didn't happen.
Literally the scene only shows it twice. I’m not nitpicking. I’m literally stating exactly what happened.

What part “doesn’t support your argument”?
I've literally been around here for quite some time now, so I would like to know how far your "debunks" are to read them.
The debunks were literally Ultimate Straight Punch NOT being stated to be his fastest attack, Adam not having trouble dodging the attacks themselves but his ability being overloaded through constant use for an extended period of time. There was basically no other point.

Are you ever going to answer the question? You’re still ignoring it.

It was a weird example, i’m saying Zeus was just trying to keep constant pressure on him to run down his stamina with a constant strain instead of just trying to outspeed/outstrength him.

It isn’t stated. I was saying that none of his attacks are actually stated to be the fastest, but TFTST logically is.

I don’t want to stonewall, but please name the contradictions for Infinite that haven’t been addressed already. The few that you have said have been addressed and explained.
How is it logically faster?

How is it logically faster?
It was imperceivable in the first use, and there’s nothing implying, stating, etc etc that the attack is perceivable the other 2 times he’s shown using it. The rest of the attacks are perceivable, because they’re literally stated to be, but those 2 hits logically aren’t, as they’re not stated to be, the first use wasn’t, etc. Occam’s Razor applies here and imperceivable > perceivable

It was imperceivable in the first use, and there’s nothing implying, stating, etc etc that the attack is perceivable the other 2 times he’s shown using it. The rest of the attacks are perceivable, because they’re literally stated to be, but those 2 hits logically aren’t, as they’re not stated to be, the first use wasn’t, etc. Occam’s Razor applies here and imperceivable > perceivable
Yet said “fastest” punch was unable to touch him unlike Zeus’s adamas punch which nicked Adam twice

Yet said “fastest” punch was unable to touch him unlike Zeus’s adamas punch which nicked Adam twice
“nicked Adam twice” from the scans shown previously in the thread, it was only once.

Also, outliers. Even if it was twice, 2/hundreds of punches at bare minimum since they’re FTL is clear outliers. He doesn’t even get touched again till his nerves pretty much explode and he goes blind.

“nicked Adam twice” from the scans shown previously in the thread, it was only once.

Also, outliers. Even if it was twice, 2/hundreds of punches at bare minimum since they’re FTL is clear outliers. He doesn’t even get touched again till his nerves pretty much explode and he goes blind.
No, it was twice

7714391-fea013b7-c1e2-4dd5-91c7-36df94440024.jpeg

7714392-33a95134-c298-4c52-98f0-cccf2217a712.jpeg

probably because he was pushing his eyes to there limits trying to avoid getting hit

The second one was his blood vessels exploding, u can see his vessel pop

Also the punch was from the right side and the injuries on his left side

Ok, well, there’s not really any reason to take the “possibly Infinite” rating off of the profile then. The Massively FTL+ could be changed to just FTL, or we could put “FTL, possibly MFTL+, possibly Infinite with TFTST”.

If anything, there’s no real reason for a “possibly” before infinite anymore, but if that’s the compromise we have to go with to end this thread, then so be it.

Ok, well, there’s not really any reason to take the “possibly Infinite” rating off of the profile then. The Massively FTL+ could be changed to just FTL, or we could put “FTL, possibly MFTL+, possibly Infinite with TFTST”.
There is seeing as vs battles dosen’t except time manlplation in any way shape or form as infinite speed
Edit:expect accelerating time

Tftst litterly comes from the personification of time itself, there is no reason to believe that there isn’t time manlplation involved
Other than

1. The narrator states the move is somehow powered through “the hate and respect for his father” not the exact quote, but you get the idea.
2. Why would Zeus also have time manipulation? It’s a move Zeus uses in respect of his father’s fighting prowess. There’s no reason for him to have time manipulation as well. If Zeus somehow got Time Manipulation hereditarily, why wouldn’t that be stated? Why wouldn’t he use it in other situations?

Even if we say time acceleration, wouldn’t that mean that the move would have gotten faster as he used it, not been instantaneous? Either way, wouldn’t that mean Adam just flat out has Infinite reaction speed with Eyes Of The Lord since he reacted to the attack?

Other than

1. The narrator states the move is somehow powered through “the hate and respect for his father” not the exact quote, but you get the idea.
2. Why would Zeus also have time manipulation? It’s a move Zeus uses in respect of his father’s fighting prowess. There’s no reason for him to have time manipulation as well. If Zeus somehow got Time Manipulation hereditarily, why wouldn’t that be stated? Why wouldn’t he use it in other situations?

Even if we say time acceleration, wouldn’t that mean that the move would have gotten faster as he used it, not been instantaneous? Either way, wouldn’t that mean Adam just flat out has Infinite reaction speed with Eyes Of The Lord since he reacted to the attack?
Um no, the narration out right states he takes the move from chronos

u8QU8pv_d.webp

he stole it, he never inherited it

That’s if it’s time acceleration

Um no, the narration out right states he takes the move from chronos

u8QU8pv_d.webp

he stole it, he never inherited it

That’s if it’s time acceleration
broken image

Any other form of time manipulation just doesn’t work with the current evidence, it’s entirely contradicted, so there’s really nothing to say time acceleration atm

Time Accel also implies that Chronos’ got faster over time, which literally does not make sense and is never stated.

If time accel or manipulation of any form is the case, we’d have to give Zeus power mimicry. I doubt anyone agrees with that.

broken image

Any other form of time manipulation just doesn’t work with the current evidence, it’s entirely contradicted, so there’s really nothing to say time acceleration atm

Time Accel also implies that Chronos’ got faster over time, which literally does not make sense and is never stated.

If time accel or manipulation of any form is the case, we’d have to give Zeus power mimicry. I doubt anyone agrees with that.
Ok then how about this one?

7714953-b010d130-2da4-4dba-b07a-76774976b5fd.jpeg

what current evidence contradicts other forms of time manipulation

How dose one move imply he got faster over time

Why would it be disagreed on when the narration litterly says he took the move from chronos, it wouldn’t even be full power mimicry it would be more limited if anything

Ok then how about this one?

7714953-b010d130-2da4-4dba-b07a-76774976b5fd.jpeg

what current evidence contradicts other forms of time manipulation
The series commonly explains how abilities work and how things happened, this entire fight implies raw strength and speed. The only implication for any form of time manipulation is the Chronos thing at this point since the rest was already addressed. And even then, the Chronos bit never even shows any kind of time manipulation, just that the attack was somehow instant.

Basically, the story commonly explains/shows how things work and the only explanation we get for this is raw strength and raw speed
How dose one move imply he got faster over time
If his abilities happened through time accel, he would logically get faster over time, since, y’know, acceleration of his own speed
Why would it be disagreed on when the narration litterly says he took the move from chronos, it wouldn’t even be full power mimicry it would be more limited if anything
I suppose we can give limited power mimicry to Zeus then.

The series commonly explains how abilities work and how things happened, this entire fight implies raw strength and speed. The only implication for any form of time manipulation is the Chronos thing at this point since the rest was already addressed. And even then, the Chronos bit never even shows any kind of time manipulation, just that the attack was somehow instant.

Basically, the story commonly explains/shows how things work and the only explanation we get for this is raw strength and raw speed

If his abilities happened through time accel, he would logically get faster over time, since, y’know, acceleration of his own speed

I suppose we can give limited power mimicry to Zeus then.
Um no it dosen’t, what dose chronos showing the move have to do with anything? His time itself, it’s pretty logical to assume it was time manlplation seeing as the narration went out of its way to say he is time itself.

What are you talking about? There is no implication of tftst just being raw speed if anything it dose the opposite

Ya that’s if said move was time accle which I’m not seeing a lot of evidence saying so

Um no it dosen’t, what dose chronos showing the move have to do with anything? His time itself, it’s pretty logical to assume it was time manlplation seeing as the narration went out of its way to say he is time itself.
He is the personification of time, but if his big thing is time manipulation, why does he only hit Zeus once? He would logically use time stops/jumps/skips/accel very often to hit Zeus if that was the case.
What are you talking about? There is no implication of tftst just being raw speed if anything it dose the opposite
other than the rest of the fight being about the characters being faster and faster through physical ability
Ya that’s if said move was time accle which I’m not seeing a lot of evidence saying so
I’m not arguing time accel, i’m literally arguing against it. Any other form of time manipulation just doesn’t make sense, time stop is contradicted, time slow is contradicted, and there’s not really any other form of time manipulation that would have the effect this move had.

He is the personification of time, but if his big thing is time manipulation, why does he only hit Zeus once? He would logically use time stops/jumps/skips/accel very often to hit Zeus if that was the case.

other than the rest of the fight being about the characters being faster and faster through physical ability

I’m not arguing time accel, i’m literally arguing against it. Any other form of time manipulation just doesn’t make sense, time stop is contradicted, time slow is contradicted, and there’s not really any other form of time manipulation that would have the effect this move had.
Maybe because all he could do was time stop with said move

And that some how makes tftst raw speed because?

what contradicts time manlplation then?

Maybe because all he could do was time stop with said move
Why would the personification of time itself not be able to properly manipulate time?
And that some how makes tftst raw speed because?
I said imply, not that it solidly makes, but logically with the story implying it and the context of the fight being about how the characters are just getting faster over time, it makes more sense to say this was speed
what contradicts time manlplation then?
Time Stop and the other time-based abilities that were argued had their main argument for it be the visuals, which gets entirely contradicted later in the fight when Zeus uses the move in Adamas form twice

Why would the personification of time itself not be able to properly manipulate time?

I said imply, not that it solidly makes, but logically with the story implying it and the context of the fight being about how the characters are just getting faster over time, it makes more sense to say this was speed

Time Stop and the other time-based abilities that were argued had their main argument for it be the visuals, which gets entirely contradicted later in the fight when Zeus uses the move in Adamas form twice
Because that’s how this manga is, posiden being the god of the ocean and earthquakes never uses any of his supposed abiltes in his fight agianst kojiro, or how Thor only used his lighting powers like once(I think) in his fight with lu bu or how shiva hasn’t done anything that would give him the title of god of destruction and creation. Said beings just use abiltes maybe once or twice then just go for a slug fest

And seeing as he got it from time itself it makes just as much if not more that it time manlplation

I don’t remember him ever using it more then once, can you so me this?

Because that’s how this manga is, posiden being the god of the ocean and earthquakes never uses any of his supposed abiltes in his fight agianst kojiro, or how Thor only used his lighting powers like once(I think) in his fight with lu bu or how shiva hasn’t done anything that would give him the title of god of destruction and creation. Said beings just use abiltes maybe once or twice then just go for a slug fest
But the thing is, Zeus is the god of the sky. He’s not the god of time, he doesn’t have time powers, he’s the god of storms, the sky, etc.
And seeing as he got it from time itself it makes just as much if not more that it time manlplation
Except the fact that Chronos only seemingly uses 1 ability with time manipulation, and if time manipulation was one of his basics, he would use it more and hit Zeus more
I don’t remember him ever using it more then once, can you so me this?
The visuals aren’t shown, but the kanji is shown on screen twice. I’ll find the page real quick.

Slightly off topic but, I've done a draft update of Record of Ragnarok page. Only real issues is that I can't separate the paragraphs in the RoR Summary and the "Power of the Verse" will be changed once the thread is concluded.

This discussion does not seem to ever be likely to get solved, so we desperately need a good summary of all the most important arguments so far to restart this thread, after which I can ask several staff members to help us out.

This discussion does not seem to ever be likely to get solved, so we desperately need a good summary of all the most important arguments so far to restart this thread, after which I can ask several staff members to help us out.
I mean, the entire debate right now is just about the speed, despite all the other points that needed to be adressed, such as the AP and the scaling, so the issue is definitely far bigger than just that.

Well, summaries of those issues would need to be included as well then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back