• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Record of Ragnarok | Upgrading the Gods

No, this isn't 3-A or 4-A RoR, but from a feat that was mentioned and is also listed, but we don't know the true extent of, until now.

In Thor's profile, it is listed: "Planet level, higher with Awakened Mjölnir (Regarded as the Nordic's Strongest Warrior, who had previously always slain his enemies in a single strike[5], Must wear the Járngreipr to protect Mjölnir from his true power before it awakens, which is able to tear apart the land and seas, as well as able to shatter the Earth[2], Capable of defeating Jörmungandr the World Serpent in a single strike[4])"

At the moment, there is no visual of Jormungandr, but this isn't an issue anymore thanks to KingTempest' calc.

It has been established numerous times that destroying the Earth is extremely casual for the gods. Zeus could destroy Heaven as simply a side effect of his fight with Adam. Shiva can create and destroy the world on a whim, and even reduce it to ash and recreate it. Hajun destroyed half of Helheim. This proves that Planet level alone is extremely casual and shouldn't be treated as the cap of the verse and Thor’s feat shouldn’t be treated as an anti-feat.

So thanks to the calc, Thor and pretty much all the gods will be upgraded to 5-A, due to Thor one-shotting the World Serpent. They could be outright 5-A, or even "5-B, possibly 5-A" works as well.

Last edited:
Yeah, no reason it wouldn’t. Thor doesn’t have any other lifting strength feat so he’d scale to the World Serpent
I guess that make sense, true power thor without gauntlet was stated can crush mjolnir, while lu bu was almost to withstand the same technique thor used to blow jormundgar.

I don't agree. I really don't even agree with a solid rating for their 5-B because the evidence for their 5-B is only statement. I support "Possibly 5-B" for them. A solid 5-B with statement would be a good thing.

Last edited:
I don't agree. I really don't even agree with a solid rating for their 5-B because the evidence for their 5-B is only statement. I support "Possibly 5-B" for them. A solid 5-B with statement would be a good thing.
Thor has a 5-A feat in the form of one-shotting the World Serpent and we have a calc of how much AP the World Serpent would yield

The only issue I have with this is that we don't see Jörmungandr in the story. We hear about it and Loki has a statue of his kid in his room, but its never actually shown in the series. The calc mostly relies on mythologies version of Jörmungandr, assuming that Record of Ragnarok's is similar in terms of size. If any series out there would be the type to have Jörmungandr be small as hell, it would probably be Record of Ragnarok.

I'd say possibly Large planet level works best here since it relies heavily on hoping that Record of Ragnarok portrayed something mythologically accurate

Thor has a 5-A feat in the form of one-shotting the World Serpent and we have a calc of how much AP the World Serpent would yield
I am replying for the same reason. CharlesZaGreat I mean, we've never seen Jörmungandr appear in the series. And that calculation is based only on Jörmungandr's legendary size. We have no clear evidence that Jörmungandr was actually the legendary size.

And I still stand by my original statement that even their 5-B is required to use the statement. And there was not even any concrete success. I think we should give them a "possibly 5-B" or "Likely 5-B" instead of a solid rating.

The only issue I have with this is that we don't see Jörmungandr in the story. We hear about it and Loki has a statue of his kid in his room, but its never actually shown in the series. The calc mostly relies on mythologies version of Jörmungandr, assuming that Record of Ragnarok's is similar in terms of size. If any series out there would be the type to have Jörmungandr be small as hell, it would probably be Record of Ragnarok.

I'd say possibly Large planet level works best here since it relies heavily on hoping that Record of Ragnarok portrayed something mythologically accurate
Possibly 5-A works for me. Though here’s the thing, even in Norse myth, we don’t have a visual representation of Jormungandr, all we have is the mentioned size which is that it’s big enough to circle the whole planet, which is the same case as RoR Jormungandr. Which is why the calc should work in this case.

The calc is accepted, the only issue is whether ROR Jörmungandr would scale in size to myth Jörmungandr

The entire pantheon in ROR is seem heavily based and accurate with their own mythology, i don't see any glaring issue why this jormundgar is different, i mean it's even call as world serpent.

Jormungandr myths mostly involve the snake being strong enough to crush the entire world. Possibly rating is really suit them at this rate.

Does that mean the Loki horse thing is canon? 🗿
1706885379917_1.jpg

Possibly 5-A works for me. Though here’s the thing, even in Norse myth, we don’t have a visual representation of Jormungandr, all we have is the mentioned size which is that it’s big enough to circle the whole planet, which is the same case as RoR Jormungandr. Which is why the calc should work in this case.
Norse mythology does, but Record of Ragnarok doesn't. It just mentions that Thor fought Jörmungandr at some point

743d8b24-4d8a-4d31-89a1-adcb4951279d.png

Norse mythology does, but Record of Ragnarok doesn't. It just mentions that Thor fought Jörmungandr at some point

743d8b24-4d8a-4d31-89a1-adcb4951279d.png
The manga uses the Prose Edda a lot and even mentions the Prose by name, so wouldn't it be that this Jormungandr has the exact same size?

Record of Ragnarok's history is much different that with things such as Thor killing the world serpent prior to Ragnarok which in real world myth it kills Thor during Ragnarok, and another major different is the reason for Thor gloves as they directly use information from the Prose Edda only to purposely contradict it (This is also not including differences from reality relating to other pantheons) . So while the world serpent generally would be encompassing the world, we just don't know its actually that big in RoR and not all fictions do have it at that size.

I would say to either give it a possible rating, or have it as a back burner until we get more information regarding the world serpent and the myths in general.

Record of Ragnarok's history is much different that with things such as Thor killing the world serpent prior to Ragnarok which in real world myth it kills Thor during Ragnarok, and another major different is the reason for Thor gloves as they directly use information from the Prose Edda only to purposely contradict it (This is also not including differences from reality relating to other pantheons) . So while the world serpent generally would be encompassing the world, we just don't know its actually that big in RoR and not all fictions do have it at that size.

I would say to either give it a possible rating, or have it as a back burner until we get more information regarding the world serpent and the myths in general.
So 5-B, possibly 5-A could work. Hopefully we get more info from Loki or Odin’s fight.

The manga uses the Prose Edda a lot and even mentions the Prose by name, so wouldn't it be that this Jormungandr has the exact same size?
I'm sorry, can you tell me where outside of: Chapter 2 page 9, Chapter 4 page 1 which Zeus mentions is wrong, and Chapter 5 page 12&16, we have seen the mentions of the Prose Edda? Don't get me wrong 4 times is a bit especially in quick succession with some self-references about with Zeuss saying 'the legends getting things wrong' which we can add that... , but we have not had further mention of it to my recollection since and we sit on chapter 85, each chapter has more than 30 pages on average, but I am going to save myself a headache and say it's at least 30 pages a chapter. 3-4 times out of we will roughly estimate about 2550 (85 chapters x 30 pages) pages of RoR, I reckon to my best knowledge of at most 5 instances, 5/2550 or 0.19% is not a lot. That's just mentions per pages in the stories not compared to the word count or the full number of pages which is likely higher than 2550.

If the Legends of the Prose Edda are wrong in the series itself, as according to Zeus we only know of one with the gauntlets and we saw the other with Mjolnir not having 100% hit chance, I don't think we should assume such points about the accuracy of the Prose Edda being cross applicable from mythology into Record of Ragnarok,
In the Prose Edda it is said the Midgard Serpent and Thor will fight to the death both perishing, in one of the stories Gylfaginning page 78-80. Thor is very much alive after thousands of years (according to Odin) and he was supposed to die after 9 paces from the battle with the Serpent. This fight iirc is supposed to take place during Ragnarok.. it happened so much longer than this tourney called Ragnarok,
Another example Valkyrie are not demigods, though in RoR chapter 1 page 20 Burnhilde is referred to as such, Valkyrie are oft purely spiritual or purely human and are more akin to spirits or a host (a group of special people) than demigods, and then there is the term used in chapter 4 page 27 Einherjar in RoR that is a god killer, however in Norse Mythology those are the chosen warrior dead brought to Valhalla by the Valkyrie and have nothing to do with god killing.

I would personally not try to scale RoR using the Mythologies they were inspired by, as there are notable inconsistencies among all of them...

Some extra examples are:
1) Buddha voting to purge Humans when in no way shape or form would the Buddha do something like that; after all the vote to get rid of humanity was unanimous.
2) As mentioned, the Prose Edda which is a collection of stories in 4 volume there are some contradictions between those stories and RoR
3) Thor not being killed by the Serpent even though if the Prose Edda was true, he should be dead given it's been thousands of years.
4) Satan being a split personality or curse, of Beelzebub. In all the texts he is mentioned, the Lord of Flies and Satan are distinctly separate characters
5) Beelzebub even being able to kill Lucifer makes no sense. If you try and apply this logic of using the Prose Edda as extra material for the Norse Pantheon to the other pantheons to make sense of that it all unravels apart though I know you aren't speaking of that, likewise ... Lucifer being killed by Satan... really?
.. I could go on but I don't think I've made my point, you should not use the Prose Edda as it contradicts the story, additionally this could simply be the Prose Edda of RoR's world rather than the real thing.

Thor is mentioned as the Ultimate Warrior of the Norse Pantheon so if anything, this should not scale across the board for Gods.
Next the calc listed was for Brawlhala for a vague sense of any world encompassing Serpent. Jormungander is mentioned to sit within the World Sea, encircling the planet and biting its own tail, this doesn't mean it inherently sat along a circumference either. The averages are based on a green anaconda not a snake from the region of origin like the Grass Snake, Smooth Snake, or Common Adder which would have been better given the context of the it being Jormungander, I personally am not a fan of the calc as it takes away context that is nice to have. Unseen assumptions like using this one calc for all "ambiguous World Serpents" is a grievous miscalculation given it can end up being vastly out of bounds of what we receive in a particular piece of media or even lower. I am not saying 'no it must always be on screen' but these feel like a house of cards made from varied extrapolations that could never get answered when we have more concise levels to scale characters in this case RoR going to Large Planetary doesn't make sense especially when it's this vague. The math itself is fine from the calc afaik, the issue is the premise and using it for cross application in other verses that have even less detail on the subject. We just know it was Jormungander, we don't know anything else about RoR's version of this enormous creature Thor fought.

MOREOVER, while Thor was able to swing on Jorm in RoR we don't have details of him one shotting it outside of a weird inference we get from saying "everyone couldn't withstand his initial strike" yet Jormungander was worthy of the ultimate attack? Then there is the line about "Thor hoists an awakened Mjolnir, a sight no god had seen this before" and Thor having used the ultimate attack just once against Jorm, but we don't know the context to the fight, it could have been several throws to make the ATH (Awakened Thunder Hammer) stronger, or even many blows before using the centrifugal force for this ultimate attack. So, which is it? If no one can withstand his initial strike how could his nemesis, the Jormungander do survive until the Hammer awoke? Plus, Awakened Thunder Hammer the attack requires his hammer to be awake... but Odin knows it. It is littered with self-contradictions in the first 5 chapters as to the context of Jormungander Thor and their capacities. Additionally, if we say he did kill it with ATH like mentioned he could have destroyed the head from being swallowed, from the underside, there could have been a gap in the snake's scales... he could have just hit it with Multi-Cont levels of power and killed it from brain damage or caused it to bleed out from that strike.
Lethality is an electric connection it just needs to connect to make it happen, lethality is not always 50 sticks of dynamite to destroy a skyscraper.

There is the whole point about it being able to mess up the earth is the point Zeus calls out in fact.

That said using the comment of Zeus possibly destroying the Heavens when we have had repeat showings he IS in the the strongest caliber of the Gods, with him vibe checking Shiva, being named the GFOC (Grand Father of the Cosmos) God of Gods, Defeating Chronus (named the mightiest god in the universe at that time), one of the only to be allowed access to the Bifrost... Ares in Chapter 10 even says the average God wouldn't have seen his attacks and that was before the Adamas form. I don't think Zeus' Adamas form statement applies to most of the verse anyway, like you are saying it does.

I for one am against saying it is large planetary, we don't even know what sort of life wiping all the pantheons would have agreed on just that it should be , we are just assuming it is an attack that they scale too which if anything from the series has shown, doesn't look likely given all the devices and super powerful techniques they have. All we know about that is that in Chapter 1 page 15 and page 16, we see a foot with an X on it likely representative of how beneath Humans are to the Gods who can simply vote to wipe them out rather than just a statement of how insanely strong they are by mortal perception, that said the foot is shown to crush Tokyo Tower and unless that thing is destroying the world or has AP to do so I think this is a stretch to use that as justification towards the gods being Large Planetary.

Side note, the lands and sea link and shatter the earth link are giving me a 404.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, can you tell me where outside of: Chapter 2 page 9, Chapter 4 page 1 which Zeus mentions is wrong, and Chapter 5 page 12&16, we have seen the mentions of the Prose Edda? Don't get me wrong 4 times is a bit especially in quick succession with some self-references about with Zeuss saying 'the legends getting things wrong' which we can add that... , but we have not had further mention of it to my recollection since and we sit on chapter 85, each chapter has more than 30 pages on average, but I am going to save myself a headache and say it's at least 30 pages a chapter. 3-4 times out of we will roughly estimate about 2550 (85 chapters x 30 pages) pages of RoR, I reckon to my best knowledge of at most 5 instances, 5/2550 or 0.19% is not a lot. That's just mentions per pages in the stories not compared to the word count or the full number of pages which is likely higher than 2550.

If the Legends of the Prose Edda are wrong in the series itself, as according to Zeus we only know of one with the gauntlets and we saw the other with Mjolnir not having 100% hit chance, I don't think we should assume such points about the accuracy of the Prose Edda being cross applicable from mythology into Record of Ragnarok,
In the Prose Edda it is said the Midgard Serpent and Thor will fight to the death both perishing, in one of the stories Gylfaginning page 78-80. Thor is very much alive after thousands of years (according to Odin) and he was supposed to die after 9 paces from the battle with the Serpent. This fight iirc is supposed to take place during Ragnarok.. it happened so much longer than this tourney called Ragnarok,
Another example Valkyrie are not demigods, though in RoR chapter 1 page 20 Burnhilde is referred to as such, Valkyrie are oft purely spiritual or purely human and are more akin to spirits or a host (a group of special people) than demigods, and then there is the term used in chapter 4 page 27 Einherjar in RoR that is a god killer, however in Norse Mythology those are the chosen warrior dead brought to Valhalla by the Valkyrie and have nothing to do with god killing.

I would personally not try to scale RoR using the Mythologies they were inspired by, as there are notable inconsistencies among all of them...

Some extra examples are:
1) Buddha voting to purge Humans when in no way shape or form would the Buddha do something like that; after all the vote to get rid of humanity was unanimous.
2) As mentioned, the Prose Edda which is a collection of stories in 4 volume there are some contradictions between those stories and RoR
3) Thor not being killed by the Serpent even though if the Prose Edda was true, he should be dead given it's been thousands of years.
4) Satan being a split personality or curse, of Beelzebub. In all the texts he is mentioned, the Lord of Flies and Satan are distinctly separate characters
5) Beelzebub even being able to kill Lucifer makes no sense. If you try and apply this logic of using the Prose Edda as extra material for the Norse Pantheon to the other pantheons to make sense of that it all unravels apart though I know you aren't speaking of that, likewise ... Lucifer being killed by Satan... really?
.. I could go on but I don't think I've made my point, you should not use the Prose Edda as it contradicts the story, additionally this could simply be the Prose Edda of RoR's world rather than the real thing.

Thor is mentioned as the Ultimate Warrior of the Norse Pantheon so if anything, this should not scale across the board for Gods.
Next the calc listed was for Brawlhala for a vague sense of any world encompassing Serpent. Jormungander is mentioned to sit within the World Sea, encircling the planet and biting its own tail, this doesn't mean it inherently sat along a circumference either. The averages are based on a green anaconda not a snake from the region of origin like the Grass Snake, Smooth Snake, or Common Adder which would have been better given the context of the it being Jormungander, I personally am not a fan of the calc as it takes away context that is nice to have. Unseen assumptions like using this one calc for all "ambiguous World Serpents" is a grievous miscalculation given it can end up being vastly out of bounds of what we receive in a particular piece of media or even lower. I am not saying 'no it must always be on screen' but these feel like a house of cards made from varied extrapolations that could never get answered when we have more concise levels to scale characters in this case RoR going to Large Planetary doesn't make sense especially when it's this vague. The math itself is fine from the calc afaik, the issue is the premise and using it for cross application in other verses that have even less detail on the subject. We just know it was Jormungander, we don't know anything else about RoR's version of this enormous creature Thor fought.

MOREOVER, while Thor was able to swing on Jorm in RoR we don't have details of him one shotting it outside of a weird inference we get from saying "everyone couldn't withstand his initial strike" yet Jormungander was worthy of the ultimate attack? Then there is the line about "Thor hoists an awakened Mjolnir, a sight no god had seen this before" and Thor having used the ultimate attack just once against Jorm, but we don't know the context to the fight, it could have been several throws to make the ATH (Awakened Thunder Hammer) stronger, or even many blows before using the centrifugal force for this ultimate attack. So, which is it? If no one can withstand his initial strike how could his nemesis, the Jormungander do survive until the Hammer awoke? Plus, Awakened Thunder Hammer the attack requires his hammer to be awake... but Odin knows it. It is littered with self-contradictions in the first 5 chapters as to the context of Jormungander Thor and their capacities. Additionally, if we say he did kill it with ATH like mentioned he could have destroyed the head from being swallowed, from the underside, there could have been a gap in the snake's scales... he could have just hit it with Multi-Cont levels of power and killed it from brain damage or caused it to bleed out from that strike.
Lethality is an electric connection it just needs to connect to make it happen, lethality is not always 50 sticks of dynamite to destroy a skyscraper.

There is the whole point about it being able to mess up the earth is the point Zeus calls out in fact.

That said using the comment of Zeus possibly destroying the Heavens when we have had repeat showings he IS in the the strongest caliber of the Gods, with him vibe checking Shiva, being named the GFOC (Grand Father of the Cosmos) God of Gods, Defeating Chronus (named the mightiest god in the universe at that time), one of the only to be allowed access to the Bifrost... Ares in Chapter 10 even says the average God wouldn't have seen his attacks and that was before the Adamas form. I don't think Zeus' Adamas form statement applies to most of the verse anyway, like you are saying it does.

I for one am against saying it is large planetary, we don't even know what sort of life wiping all the pantheons would have agreed on just that it should be , we are just assuming it is an attack that they scale too which if anything from the series has shown, doesn't look likely given all the devices and super powerful techniques they have. All we know about that is that in Chapter 1 page 15 and page 16, we see a foot with an X on it likely representative of how beneath Humans are to the Gods who can simply vote to wipe them out rather than just a statement of how insanely strong they are by mortal perception, that said the foot is shown to crush Tokyo Tower and unless that thing is destroying the world or has AP to do so I think this is a stretch to use that as justification towards the gods being Large Planetary.

Side note, the lands and sea link and shatter the earth link are giving me a 404.
I'm not reading all of that

I agree

Some extra examples are:

Agree

Literally just calc Shiva's statement of being able to turn the world into ash and recreating it. Although I'd also argue this wouldn't scale to anyone since it's done via a ritualistic dance and Shiva himself wouldn't scale since it'd also turn him into ash. Should be fine to list as ED tho.

Honestly there's a lot of tier 5 feats you can calc but nobody ever pays attention to them for some reason.

Alternatively one can wait till the manga is over with, since we'll likely breach into tier 5 feats when Oden fights. There's a lot to work with, you'd just need to dig them up instead of relying on the main feats that everyone pushes.
Disagree, we have no visual or statement of size so we cannot use that calc
Visuals are irrelevant here as the calc doesn't use visuals to calc anything. "World serpent" is pretty self explanatory regarding it's size.

This verse is so annoying to scale since it has literally no visual feats above like city level
Statements are fine to use, visuals aren't that big of a deal in the long run. The issue is that to be frank most of the people who use them can't argue for jack shit.

Literally I have a few legitimate statements in mind that nobody ever bothers paying to attention to because much like any other Fandom people just wanna focus on the same 3 feats.

Literally I have a few legitimate statements in mind that nobody ever bothers paying to attention to because much like any other Fandom people just wanna focus on the same 3 feats.
Such as…?
I kinda stopped paying attention to crossverse RoR halfway through the series so I don't remember much

Such as…?
I kinda stopped paying attention to crossverse RoR halfway through the series so I don't remember much
If you want you can start a private conversation with me. Wouldn't want those arguments to be used by others here.

But they aren't anything relating to the crossover shit. They're just statements and scaling others literally missed because again people tend to solely focus on 2 or 3 things.

Back