• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Record of Ragnarok - Big Speed Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. The arrows seemed to be invisible after getting fired. And this shouldn't be invisible as in too fast to be seen since Leo outspeeding it and blocking it was very much visible to everyone. Even Ares is not surprised that he was fast enough to block it but that he could see it. It would be pretty weird to have Leo do a seemingly impossible speed feat for most of the verse but nobody comment on it with everyone perceiving it.

Furthermore I would like to add that even if this change were to be approved, another person who shouldn't be affected would be Buddha who could move so fast even Zeus, Hermes, and Sasaki couldn't percieve. This is consistent with him willing to fight Zeus despite most likely seeing him fight in R2 as well as the bullet feat with Sasaki previously mentioned. Here

This is where I knew interpretation would come into play. I don't see this the arrow actually be fired and being in front of his face, this to me is highlighting his instincts showing him where the arrow will be, as mentioned in the chapter Leo can't see them but thanks to his fighting experience he is able to react on pure instinct to where the arrow would be fired to deflect it despite it being faster, this is also why I believe the panel in color contrast is switched to show its his instincts. So there is that difference between our interpretation. Furthermore if this was the case it would be wildly inaccurate. Assuming this to be the case and this is the arrow right in front of him, not only is the distance inaccurate but for Leo to have it that close and still swing his arm he would literally need to statue the arrow in speed. So it would only make sense if it were his instincts which was stated in the chapter.
As I said at best this means his combat speed is higher than his reaction speed which would be completely fine,

if he can swing his arm to the point something SoL is frozen... good for him, what's wrong? it's what happens, unless you want to say the feat it's a complete outlier then it's another story, but in this case just going by a wrong interpretation on when he started to move his arm because it fits your arguments...
he outright blocked the arrow when it was close to him, the fact he started to move by instinct I don't care much, his arm movement would still start when the arrow was more less 1 m or 0,5 m from his face and it would scale >SOL.

So, if you want to consider it an outlier it's fine, but then, don't calc it at all, because a result less than SOL is wrong.

As I said at best this means his combat speed is higher than his reaction speed which would be completely fine,

if he can swing his arm to the point something SoL is frozen... good for him, what's wrong? it's what happens, unless you want to say the feat it's a complete outlier then it's another story
His combat speed being higher would contradict the story narrative at play, not just by a bit but heavily. This would intern make other characters MFTL because they would scale to or above him in speed. It's contradictory.

but in this case just going by a wrong interpretation on when he started to move his arm because it fits your arguments...
he outright blocked the arrow when it was close to him, the fact he started to move by instinct I don't care much, his arm movement would still start when the arrow was more less 1 m or 0,5 m from his face and it would scale >SOL.

So, if you want to consider it an outlier it's fine, but then, don't calc it at all, because a result less than SOL is wrong.
Interpretation are subjective there is no definitive "you are wrongs" unless told by the author or such. You interpret this being the arrow being in front of his face, I don't, I interpret it being the aforementioned instincts showing him where the arrow would be a allowing him to reflect it. Furthermore if my interpretation fits the narrative and doesn't contradict it would give more credence to it being true.

End of the day, you can interpret the feat how you want, and if you feel that my calcs interpretation is wrong you can do your own.

cat-kissing.gif

Qin should be FTL, considering he was one of the potential combatants to fight Poseidon, which should upscale Hades, too. Not to mention a Kojiro post-Poseidon fight considered Tesla’s punches fast.

Qin should be FTL, considering he was one of the potential combatants to fight Poseidon, which should upscale Hades, too.
Leo was also mentioned and we know how he stacks up to lightspeed. Also people misinterpret that scene, Brun wasn't mentioning fighters that could fight Poseidon, she was going through the roster to see if there was anyone that could. It doesn't mean any of those people could beat Poseidon
Not to mention a Kojiro post-Poseidon fight considered Tesla’s punches fast.
I can accept a possibly FTL for Tesla

But that would have to scale to Beelzebub, too, thus Hades as he’s superior to him, and Qin would downscale.

I can accept likely FTL for Tesla (favorite), but you kinda can’t get around that inevitable chain of scaling.
Then i'd prefer to not scale Tesla to FTL lmao. Being called fast doen't mean faster than Kojiro necceserally
Tesla (favorite)
Based

Then i'd prefer to not scale Tesla to FTL lmao. Being called fast doen't mean faster than Kojiro necceserally
I never asserted he was faster than Kojiro. But if an FTL fighter, who’s seen FTL things, calls someone fast, then it’s more likely than not they are FTL.

Last edited:
I disagree with Tesla being FTL. The issue with this is that Kojiro is able to physically perceive Tesla's moves but with Poseidon he had to use info analysis and his sensory abilities, so him calling him fast would be fast for him on a visual scale and not be something that would be on the level of Poseidon. Furthermore, this would go against the established inverse scaling for speed as mentioned on Zeus out of the current gods we seen is only one to be able to be deal with it.

Same with Quin Shi Heung I disagree with FTL.

Buddha blitzed Kojiros and Hermes' perception, that should be enough for FTL. Idk about Qin and I really doubt Tesla.
Zeus, Adam, Sasaki, and Poseidon are pretty self explanatory.
If anyone else has feats like moving so fast characters with FTL reaction feats outright couldn't see them they should also still scale to FTL regardless.

Buddha only did that after he regained his futuresight and Hades was able to percieve it so i dont take it very seriously as a speed feat
Hades probably didn't actually perceive it (and if he did it just upscales him). He more so expected it. Everyone thought Buddha was dead while he thought Buddha will win so he obviously wasn't shocked.

Future sight shouldn't affect how other people see him besides maybe the person who's future he's looking at. He did do it with Volund which supposedly brings out both people's full potential or whatever.

Maybe it would be good to give him 2 speed ratings. One would be relativistic (or rel+, idk where exactly are people trying to downgrade the characters) without Volundr and one would be FTL with Volund.

Maybe it would be good to give him 2 speed ratings. One would be relativistic (or rel+, idk where exactly are people trying to downgrade the characters) without Volundr and one would be FTL with Volund.
This would make the most sense to me

You also reminded me i need to start working on an explanation page for Volunds

Because they are stated to be light speed. Upscaling them to FTL kinda defeats the whole point of this thread lmao
What about this tho?
The arrows seemed to be invisible after getting fired. And this shouldn't be invisible as in too fast to be seen since Leo outspeeding it and blocking it was very much visible to everyone. Even Ares is not surprised that he was fast enough to block it but that he could see it. It would be pretty weird to have Leo do a seemingly impossible speed feat for most of the verse but nobody comment on it with everyone perceiving it.
Even casual base Zeus jabs were also stated to be near light speed so I feel like this interpretation is more consistent

What about this tho?
What do you mean what about it tho, we have an in universe statement about the speed of the arrows, which is light speed
Even casual base Zeus jabs were also stated to be near light speed so I feel like this interpretation is more consistent
I tend to take everything Heimdall says with a grain of salt especially since actually calcing that initial jab gives somewhere in the hypersonic range

What do you mean what about it tho, we have an in universe statement about the speed of the arrows, which is light speed
I know I'm not denying their speed. I'm saying that the speed itself wasn't an issue, it was the fact that the arrows were invisible. Leo blocking the arrow was something everyone could perceive even tho there are many feats of perception blitzing the audience, and as I said, Ares isn't even surprised that Leo was fast enough to block it but by him "seeing the arrow".

Leo also isn't portrayed as a speedy fighter so him being one of the fastest in the verse would be kinda weird given how other fighters have feats of perception blitzing the gods in the audience.

TL;DR: the arrows speed might not be what makes it dangerous, instead it's the arrows invisibility, which would mean it doesn't downgrade the verse.

I know I'm not denying their speed. I'm saying that the speed itself wasn't an issue, it was the fact that the arrows were invisible. Leo blocking the arrow was something everyone could perceive even tho there are many feats of perception blitzing the audience, and as I said, Ares isn't even surprised that Leo was fast enough to block it but by him "seeing the arrow".
Leo's arrow block is several times slower than the arrows themselves
Leo also isn't portrayed as a speedy fighter so him being one of the fastest in the verse would be kinda weird given how other fighters have feats of perception blitzing the gods in the audience.
The only fighter i remember perception blitzing the audience is Poseidon
TL;DR: the arrows speed might not be what makes it dangerous, instead it's the arrows invisibility, which would mean it doesn't downgrade the verse.
And as i've said before we can't the arrows be invisible because of their speed? What makes more sense the arrows made of literal light that are stated to be increadibly fast somehow having an invisibility property or them being invisible because of their speed?

If there's still an actual discussion going on right now, I'll add this, I feel as if the story makes it clear that its speed is what makes the arrows hard to hit. If it were explicit them being made out of light, thus invisible, the series would've said so. Instead, it emphasizes just how fast they are

If there's still an actual discussion going on right now, I'll add this, I feel as if the story makes it clear that its speed is what makes the arrows hard to hit. If it were explicit them being made out of light, thus invisible, the series would've said so. Instead, it emphasizes just how fast they are
I gave an example of how this isn't really the case tho. Ares being shocked that Leo can see them is a pretty direct implication that it's the invisibility that makes them dangerous, not just the speed. Nobody even slightly praising Leos speed for doing what would be the best speed feat in the series should be enough to say it's not meant to be an impressive speed feat.

Ares being shocked that Leo can see them is a pretty direct implication that it's the invisibility that makes them dangerous, not just the speed.
idk man them being called the "fastest strike in heaven" is a pretty strong implication that it's the arrows speed that makes them dangerous

idk man them being called the "fastest strike in heaven" is a pretty strong implication that it's the arrows speed that makes them dangerous
Isn't the statement something on the lines of "it was the fastest strike in heaven" or something like that?
Because if it's just in general then it would be a massive outlier as TFTST is just so much faster 💀

Isn't the statement something on the lines of "it was the fastest strike in heaven" or something like that?
Because if it's just in general then it would be a massive outlier as TFTST is just so much faster 💀
It's certainly questionable how excact the statement is (Zeus' divine axe kick is faster) but it being present at all means the author intended for the attack to ridiculously fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back