• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Record Of Ragnarok Discussion Thread #1

I went to Mangasee to read it because I knew they used the official manga, and I was like “this can’t be right, this is garbage” so I went to ******** and it was the same.

I don't get at all what was wrong with the translations before? They were no different at all.
Might have seen Arang scans first though.

Last edited:
There were a lot of weird grammatical errors and odd or confusing phrasing. I'm assuming you probably happened to see Arang first after all.

Okay I have a theory.

We said that Raiden didn't use his other forbidden moves, but I'm actually not sure that's true.

I did some sumo research and his other moves he uses against Shiva after getting serious do resemble the real life counterparts of the supposedly unseen forbidden moves. Because iirc the real life meaning of the other hidden moves are an open-handed slap, a grappling move that flings the opponent by their belt, and a strike to the side of the head to offset their balance, all of which he did use on Shiva.

So it could very well be that he actually is using his forbidden moveset, just not naming them. So it may be that Yatagarasu is just his strongest and most self-damaging move, so it was given a second name to distinguish it.

Last edited:
That seems to be the case.

Which is backed up by Shiva winning the clash against Yatagatarasu, which is pretty handily established as his strongest move.

Buddha has precognition but only a fee seconds into the future.

Zerofaku absorbs misfortune and becomes stronger. His axe grows in size and weird shapes.

Buddha's staff can transform, it took a form of a shield to block one of Zerofaku's attacks.

Also, Jesus appears on the human side of the arena.

Another thing to note is Buddha's precog comes from his enlightenment which actual explains Kojiro's ability as his ability to predict is just lesser version of precog, and he yimself become enlightened as well. In-verse enlightenment grants precog like abilities, and assuming the greater enlightenment the better the ability.

You got a link to the raws?

Also why the authors making Buddha so goated? Cool design, flexes on everyone, talks so much shit, and now they giving him feats to back it all up?

The enlightenment thing sounds like something I do for one of my OC's in my personal stories. Except it's not so much being able to see incoming attacks ahead but moreso just enhanced thought speed and perception that see attacks in "slow-mo".

but yeah, Jesus is confirmed in the series and he is standing next to who appears to be Socrates and Confucius. If this the case, it is very much a reference to the book by Karl Jasper "Socrates, Buddha, Confucius, Jesus".

Idk what the book is about, from what I've searched it just talks about the impact that Socrates, Buddha, Confucius and Jesus in history.

Yo what? Actually wot? Buddha even has the best hype squad. Got freaking Jesus, Confucius and Socrates in that shit. He gonna be the strongest, I have no doubts in my mind.

I feel like Buddha will be the hax character in the series. While we know he isn't the strongest in his own pantheon, for now (Unless he was hiding his strength the whole time) I feel he will be the one with 10 different hax abilities. Considering everyone is basically hand to hand with 1 hax ability... him and Loki definitely the hax characters

I dunno. Cuz iirc it said that Shiva was the strongest in India (which was a time before Buddha existed) or among the Hindu gods I believe.

Back