• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Record Of Ragnarok Discussion Thread #1

Planet level (Stated to be able to tear apart the land and seas. With awakened Mjolnir he is able to shatter the Earth).

Is that scan the only thing that makes Thor 5-B?
tbh the verse page is a bit of a mess atm, iirc it was agreed to have a revision later (I also plan for a revision) on it when more information and stuff comes out. For now this is just how it is

for example: I've made a record-verse page for later. (Record-verse)

tbh the verse page is a bit of a mess atm, iirc it was agreed to have a revision later (I also plan for a revision) on it when more information and stuff comes out. For now this is just how it is
Ok well the raws say earth as in land.

大地 = ground; earth; the solid earth; the (vast) land

So it's already wrong anyways.

Kanji for planet earth is 地球 = Earth; the globe

RAW

Ok well the raws say earth as in land.

大地 = ground; earth; the solid earth; the (vast) land

So it's already wrong anyways.

Kanji for planet earth is 地球.

RAW
Yeah, this was brought up in the old discussions. I remember getting one of the vsbw translators and off site, both saying it was "ground" and depending on context can mean "earth" (planet)

Planet level (Stated to be able to tear apart the land and seas. With awakened Mjolnir he is able to shatter the Earth).

Is that scan the only thing that makes Thor 5-B?
I’m pretty sure a lot of the 5-B ratings come from just pretty much saying “he’s not going to be feared by everyone and be massively weaker than every other god there”. Record of Ragnarok scaling is shit though, to be frank. We genuinely barely get any indication of how strong certain people are.

9-B everyone.

Edit: Although I jest, 7-B seems like a reasonable tier to scale everyone off of considering Lu Bu's feat.

Lu Bu scales to literally nobody but Thor, though. Thor also doesn't scale to anybody.
This^. At best you can argue Zeus and Adam via Zeus' omnipotent statements but even then it would still only scale to the first four fighters. Rest are left out to hang with only wall to building feats iirc.

You TECHNICALLY can argue something via a narrative implication. Odin is the head of the Norse pantheon the same way Zeus is the head of the Greek one, and they're often shown as the "big bois" or the group. Remember the scene where the 7 lucky gods and humans were gonna fight and Odin and Zeus came in to scare the shit out of everybody?

I'm saying that Odin is narratively implied to be comparable to Zeus. If Thor is the "Strongest Norse God" then you can get him scaling above Odin at best. It's a very flimsy argument, but it's something you can make.

I know. I'm waiting for Odin to fight and be compared to Zeus so peeps will finally accept Thor and Lu Bu > the rest. Adam and Kojiro stans are exhausting.

Its really sad that because the verse is set in an arena they can't show them how truly strong they are, because the audience would just die.

Well, a revision is needed. Like, Zeus on raw says he collapsed the universe in the fight against Cronos and 9-A Sasaki is a joke

Furigana is any Japanese text laid over kanji so yes, it's in reference to that.

Although to my knowledge, Titanmachy is the name of the long year battle between Zeus and his siblings versus their father and the rest of the titans.

IDK how bad they ****** up the universe or world but it was long enough for either sides until Zeus and his siblings eventually won.

The manga even notes this in the English version if you search back Zeus vs Adam chapters.

In this example of a case, 「全宇宙崩壊大戦」has ティタノマキア laid next to it. That's furigana, or a kind of ruby text.

Normally furigana is meant to help you see how certain kanji's are pronounced and read in Japanese. Sometimes, like this, certain words will have non-Japanese style characters like ティタノマキア (that's what Katakana is btw) instead of pronouncing what said kanji means. Maybe it's just another way to refer to what that kanji word(s) is or of another reason, IDK. I just know this is a thing present in all other manga's that does this and even Japanese novels for that matter.

Last edited:
I mean, there's a reason the English translations use the text in furigana rather than the actual kanji.

That seemingly takes priority over that seeing as Maou Gakuin and Tensei Slime has cases of this. Same for Bleach with stuff like Yhwach's Almighty. Even I eventually started to do this with some novels I translated in a blog of mines.

Then there's ofc the other examples in RoR here like Shiva's Tandava Kava being used even though the translations made a note to mention the big kanji name of his move thing.

And it's happen right about all the time in all other Japanese translated media like light novels and whatnot, I'm sure.

We're waiting on revisions until information on scaling becomes more clear.

It's not the usual practice but this series has proven very difficult in terms of the characters having rather ambiguous power levels and statements being difficult to discern as hyperbolic or not.

Almost every fight has a quote like this

"Yo Lu Bu, the strongest human"
"Yo Raiden, the physically strongest in humanity"
"Yo Adam, the human that defeated the omnipotent"

Okay so anime Thor teleports into the arena with his lightning, Terminator style, so that's different from the manga.

Back