• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Record Of Ragnarok Discussion Thread #1

Oh right, the other thing I forgot to mention is that its getting an official English translations. On MangaHot by Hokuto no Gun iirc. I don't much about them. All I know is that MangaHot is so far a Japanese exclusive app with no English release and I think there might be a paywall too, which is cringe. So unless there is a English setting on the app, it'll be hard for some of us to navigate it

Which controversy?
Indian god not being the exact same as mythology which the hindus don't like, which they believe is going to cause people to actually believe that Myth Shiva acts like his anime protag counterpart in RoR. Along with it being disresptectful in their religion. And how his wives are also "ecchi" drawn. And President of the Universal Society of Hinduism asking netflix to takw down the anime.

TL;dr:
Hindus find portrayal inaccurate and offensive.

They also tried to get Super cancelled for having a god that vaguely resembled one of theirs.
And SMTIVA for having a villainous Krishna.

Both cases showed that they can be easily ignored.

Indian god not being the exact same as mythology which the hindus don't like, which they believe is going to cause people to actually believe that Myth Shiva acts like his anime protag counterpart in RoR. Along with it being disresptectful in their religion. And how his wives are also "ecchi" drawn. And President of the Universal Society of Hinduism asking netflix to takw down the anime.

TL;dr:
Hindus find portrayal inaccurate and offensive.
This is incredibly dumb. None of the portrayals are accurate. There is no reason to get mad over this since the only thing it does is make people more interested in the religion 😭 😭😭

Sadly yes though with how awesome the manga is, it’s hard to live up to the hype we imagine. They got kinda lazy with Thor’s back story and a bunch of stuff were recycled to take up time which is kinda confusing. Why not just make each fight into one or two longer episodes with the parts between fights added to the episodes that have a smaller run time to make up the difference.

Animation was bad.
Completely different translations
Skimming through events
Different retellings.
Different powers.

I mean I expected bad but this is something else. No way this is connected to manga anymore.

Zeus mentions something about not needing a weapon to defeat Adam at the start of their match although the said weapon Zeus mentioned was never named it's most likely thunderbolt do you think that can provide anything like a possibly higher rating. lighting manipulation is definitely out of question since the weapon was never named

Issue is that we never see Zeus use a weapon, even in his flashback with Chronos, so it wouldn’t be part of his profile or reflected.

First chapter:
-Zero and Buddha fight
-Zero becomes happy in the moment
-Zero and Buddha go fist to fist they do a Frieza and Goku double blow
-Zero looses and but is happy
This is probably because buddha taught him how to be happy.

Second chapter:
-Zero horns fall off and he begins to go crazy.
-no one knows what's happening.
-Two giant dragons come from Zeros mouth and absorb/eat Zero
-Buddha tries to save zero but fails
-There is a scene of beelzebub (A handsome **** boy with a lot of bookshelves and the top PC specs, and a nice cool razor keyboard)
-Zero is in some ball
-Zero breaks out and is a giant version of himself (Biggest person in the series so far)
-Is looking evil

Apparently the new zero form is called Sixth tenmaou, hajime. The closest thing I found was a demon in megami tensei also called tenmaou, who in megami tensei is a demon of the sixth Buddhist realm/heaven and symbolizes lust for power and the desires to attain worldly goals, and tempts Buddhist from their teachings (Kinda similar).

Also apparently from it is also said this new form Buddha can't see the future, so new zero form possibly has Acausality

Say, I'm planning on watching the Record of Ragnarok anime at some point (I've heard that the story makes up for the subpar animation). Is there anything I should know before I start? It doesn't neccessarily have to be stat-related (although this is basically "Tournament Arc: The Series" from what I've heard), I'm just wondering in general.

Say, I'm planning on watching the Record of Ragnarok anime at some point (I've heard that the story makes up for the subpar animation). Is there anything I should know before I start? It doesn't neccessarily have to be stat-related (although this is basically "Tournament Arc: The Series" from what I've heard), I'm just wondering in general.
Okay so like, I say this with no intention of being that guy, or sounding pretentious. This is actually the most genuine scenario where this advice is valid.

Read the manga first.

Like, normally I would never, ever say this but this is a weird situation. The scenes in this series are only done justice in the manga. Literally everything is better.
The artwork, the emotion, and yes, the story. The anime was way worse even in that regard.

And by watching the anime, you will spoil the manga, which really shines when you go in blind.

Okay so like, I say this with no intention of being that guy, or sounding pretentious. This is actually the most genuine scenario where this advice is valid.

Read the manga first.

Like, normally I would never, ever say this but this is a weird situation. The scenes in this series are only done justice in the manga. Literally everything is better.
The artwork, the emotion, and yes, the story. The anime was way worse even in that regard.

And by watching the anime, you will spoil the manga, which really shines when you go in blind.
Unfortunately, I've already started the anime. Granted, I haven't finished the first fight, so I might be able to salvage this, even if I already like the anime.

Though if you don't mind, where can I find the manga online? Apparently, it's only now getting an English release.

Unfortunately, I've already started the anime. Granted, I haven't finished the first fight, so I might be able to salvage this, even if I already like the anime.

Though if you don't mind, where can I find the manga online? Apparently, it's only now getting an English release.
***********.com is where I'm reading it. Was recommended to me by Ion and I'm liking it so far.

Question, how are "Lu Bu HouSen Hishoden" and "Requiem of the Shinsengumi" treated in this wikia?
I understand they are canon for the Shumatsu no Valkerie franchise

So ye let me know if you want the link over discord

Question, how are "Lu Bu HouSen Hishoden" and "Requiem of the Shinsengumi" treated in this wikia?
I understand they are canon for the Shumatsu no Valkerie franchise
I mean, aren't they just shoot-off manga around certain characters backstories and stuff? I see no reason they shouldn't be used.

Iirc, Requiem was already going a decent bit before Okita pulled up in RoR but since it has the exact same author, character designs and characters etc it’s almost guaranteed for them to be the same. I’d say wait for Okita’s fight to be sure but seeing as how Requiem is still going, it might hold off sending him in if his gimmick/skill/power hasn’t been shown yet.

Requiem has 28 volumes, and is still ongoing (Not too sure on that one). Only 8/9 chapters have been translated by a translation group. Okita and his friends design are picture perfect mirrors of them in Requiem. Although they aren't the main character of Requiem.

Requiem also has an anime, but the anime is a chibi version of the series.

Feat wise:
AP= Wall/Wall+ physically, maybe higher with explosives
Speed= Subsonic-ish maybe (blitzing and cutting people in half before they notice)
Hax= Like literally every character in this verse, they have aura and fear via aura

Back