• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
i'm not sure if Volcanica would even be there this time, in the LN Wilhelm said that he managed to defeat Valgren all by himself
According to the mistranslation document, this is a yenpress mistranslation, Wilhelm does not say he lopped all 3 of Valgren's heads. Just as in the Web Novel, Wilhelm only said "Because there were three heads to lop off."

Changes I'm kind of expecting:
  • More Observer lore from Stride, he was mentioned a bit in Arc 7.
  • Maybe changes to Melinda? Arc 8 seems to imply Evil Eyes are a kind of Divine Protection, so her being able to use it in Picoutatte would be weird.
  • Volcanica may no longer comment on Valgren? Unless its Emptiness of the Spirit ocurred in the last few decades.
  • Valgren must die in Vollachia since Arc 8 retconned that.
Melinda gets an official design (ice is in shambles)

Interesting idea, Garou vs Garfiel, Half Monster vs Halfbeast.

Surprisingly might work.

@Zabazab You upped Garfiel lifting strength to class 10, i assume you will also up everyone who scales to him, which is the whole verse...

Idk why you even bothered, when they are just gonna be upgraded again later. No calcs are being made, so at this point might as well just upgrade them to class 100 based on average house weight

Oh. That's what the Dragon Sword does. Just slapped into a side story. Shocked I missed this on the side story binge, but ok.
“The youngster’s got a point,” he said. “Take it, Felt.”

“Even though you never let me hold it in the past when I wanted to steal it from you,” I said, as I received the sword reluctantly.

The sheath was white, and everything about it was remarkably built; I’d never seen anything like it. Reinhard always had this heavy sword with him. Knowing that it was that precious to him, I even tried to steal it from him several times in the past as a form of payback for not being able to escape. Obviously, I failed every time, so I had mixed feelings about it being handed to me so easily.

“There’s a large nick on it even though it’s your precious sword,” I commented.

I repositioned the giant sword with both hands and traced the groove on the sheath with my fingertip. It looked like the claw mark of a stupidly large creature.

“That’s the claw mark of a Dragon,” explained Reinhard. “According to legend, it was etched by the Divine Dragon Volcanica.”

“When you say the Divine Dragon…you mean that really famous dragon? You’re kidding.”

Even though I didn’t know the details about the event, I knew that it must have taken place a few hundred years ago. There’s no way a sword that old would be around today completely intact. Despite such thoughts, the eerie dignifying air the sword emanated made me consider otherwise. As absurd as it may sound, it was as if the sword was talking to me, saying: “I am the Dragon Sword Reid. I have slayed the Witch, and am still awaiting a worthy opponent.”

“The Dragon Sword Reid, huh?” Old Man Rom muttered. “How surprising to see that you are willing to lend such a legendary sword to Felt.”

“This sword is exclusively reserved for the inheritor of the title of Sword Saint. The Dragon Sword itself chooses its opponent and its place of battle. Its true power is capable of altering the core principles of the world. It’s that powerful.”

As I held the sword in my hand, I couldn’t say Reinhard was exaggerating. I’ve held many swords in my days (albeit, they were all stolen) but none of them were anything like this one. —Felt's Camp Formation Story Starting From Zero

I don't like how Reinhard's immortality justification uses very poorly mistranslated scans, so I rewrote it.

Probably gonna put his "reworked" page into a CRT— though it isn't a very big overhaul since his page is mostly good. I also wanna add Theresia, Wilhelm, and Halibel to that.

The Witchbox has been like basically finished for a while now too, I had been wanting to wait for Omega in Wonderland since all the Witches show up and some show new powers, but alas, it seems the story isn't high on the agenda...

I think his immortality justification is a tad too long.

Like, does It really need so many to explain what od Laguna is? I can see why the need to explain what is ressurecting Reinhard, but also not really, since the explanation is way too long.

It's the only appropriate place to mention Od Lagna on the wiki at the moment, and it is important for the Type 8 explanation.

And if you think that's long...

Just posted the Eugard profile, while doing that realized Halibel's lifting strength isn't even scaling to Ceci, who is scaling to Rai...

Lifting strength is honestly becoming an eyesore especially since we know these guys scale above class 5 or 25.
Nice page, I have a few questions tho

How skilled do you think Eugard is? You say at some point that he’s comparable in skill to Kurgan and Theresia but in the extra sensory perception section you say he’s comparable to Cecilus

In the speed section, you say he’s superior to child Cecilus, why do you think so?

Also there’s a small typo on the lifting strength section I think, but yeah overall looks great

We all know you the buy the Cecilus=Reinhard argument lol. In terms of what's currently on the wiki, Cecilus=Theresia=Wilhelm.

The wording is a little outdated in several profiles though, since Kurgan is no longer considered Awakened Wilhelm level.

As for speed, unless you think child Ceci is faster than Halibel, Eugard would obviously scale, since he is comparable to Halibel.

Personally I'd list the Curse of Thorns as pain manip, since the thorns seemingly have no physicality & cause the undead agony despite being shattered or burning alive being a breeze. That's really the only point I'd disagree on.

Also, listing Dragon Sword Reid's abilities, I noticed how every fan and even the wiki says the sword is indestructable. Invul is a useful ability so I'd like to list it, but I've never seen a scan. It may just be widespread headcanon.

We all know you the buy the Cecilus=Reinhard argument lol. In terms of what's currently on the wiki, Cecilus=Theresia=Wilhelm.
On my knees rn

Actually, why is Theresia=POL Wilhelm in skill? POL Wilhelm literally beat her
The wording is a little outdated in several profiles though, since Kurgan is no longer considered Awakened Wilhelm level.

As for speed, unless you think child Ceci is faster than Halibel, Eugard would obviously scale, since he is comparable to Halibel.
I’d say they’re comparable, because Halibel was getting tagged even before Eugard evolved but fair enough

There is the “dodging a rain of light and having problems dodging a mist of light” statement, which basically confirms that at least in terms of instinctive reaction, Cecilus, Halibel and Reinhard are comparable to each other.

Personally I'd list the Curse of Thorns as pain manip, since the thorns seemingly have no physicality & cause the undead agony despite being shattered or burning alive being a breeze. That's really the only point I'd disagree on.

Also, listing Dragon Sword Reid's abilities, I noticed how every fan and even the wiki says the sword is indestructable. Invul is a useful ability so I'd like to list it, but I've never seen a scan. It may just be widespread headcanon.
Trust tomorrow I’ll go look for the scan

They're still comparable, it was a very close fight.

There is the “dodging a rain of light and having problems dodging a mist of light” statement, which basically confirms that at least in terms of instinctive reaction, Cecilus, Halibel and Reinhard are comparable to each other.
Save it for your Ceci=Rein thread, but this line of argument doesn't work. "If it were Marcos, Mezoreia, or Satella, they could destroy the loot house" is correct without those 3 being comparable.

They're still comparable, it was a very close fight.
From what I remember POL Wilhelm was constantly severing Theresia’s white lines and was stated to have marched on the first step of towards the Heavenly Sword, which isn’t the case for Theresia, but yeah she lasted for quite some time nonetheless.
Save it for your Ceci=Rein thread, but this line of argument doesn't work. "If it were Marcos, Mezoreia, or Satella, they could destroy the loot house" is correct without those 3 being comparable.
Yeah I’ll save this for another time…

Last edited:
Idk when I will get to my next Re Zero thread, I want to revamp my flow method blog and make it an official page. Off the top of my head intuition has to be mentioned, yes the skilled swordsman have a high degree of information processing, but it's the intuition that's broken.

There is some stuff to fix/discuss too like Yorna.

Before all that though have to finish revising a VN (which has some skilled swordsman like Re Zero), and I still got to finish off AWLBA, and revise that too.... And only have a month left to re-read another LN in time for the next volume release, have to confirm the legitimacy of 1-A for that verse.

But anyway I have my popcorn ready for the Ceci=Reinhard thread, whenever it happens.

icegif-504.gif

Reinhard has aura

And also acrobatics/free movement

Reinhard has aura

And also acrobatics/free movement
didnt he already have that?

On my knees rn

they are comparable because it wasnt a shit stomp like PoL Wil vs Kurgan

Also for the Eugard page, there seems to be a lack of justification for his skill section but considering that the skill blog itself is about to get updated we might not need to do so in the end (btw it would shorten the length of the profiles by a lot)

they are comparable because it wasnt a shit stomp like PoL Wil vs Kurgan
I feel like people exaggerate this.

Wilhelm and Kurgan were at the very end of their fight, Wilhelm himself said right before going POL that he wins the fight if he manages to get past Kurgan’s last attack, they were already both cooked from fighting. Wilhelm getting a power up right at the end doesn’t really make me confident…

didnt he already have that?
You can just compare it to his page to see the changes.

Can't you shorten that up to just "All Types"? Since he can do all of types of them.
:alien:

I feel like people exaggerate this.
It was 3 simultaneous attacks from an equal, he got way faster to parry all three and then fatally wound Kurgan. It was a very big difference compared to Theresia who only lost her sword at the cost of Wilhelm breaking his own.

Last edited:
It was 3 simultaneous attacks from an equal, he got way faster to parry all three and then fatally wound Kurgan. It was a very big difference compared to Theresia who only lost her sword at the cost of Wilhelm breakinh his own.
Yeah yeah, it’s just I don’t think it would have been the same had this happened right at the beginning of the fight, POL Wilhelm probably low diffs Kurgan don’t get me wrong.

Undead Busters was pretty cool

"As Cecilus seemed to see through Arakiya’s emotions, his words were accompanied by slashes of lightning speed, and Arakiya’s body, unable to dodge, was obliquely bisected.

――However, she would not die.

Arakiya’s body, having taken in the power of the Stone, Muspel, could deliberately switch her state between a physical and a Mana-based body. The standard method to kill a Mana-based body was to exhaust its Od, but since she was supplied with Muspel’s inexhaustible stores of Mana, Arakiya was effectively immortal."

So you don't need to be able to affect the Od to kill spirits, you just need to kill them until they're out of mana

Also extremely funny that Spica's teleportation made Arakiya drop to her knees and puke lmao, Spica neg diffs fosho

My boy Subaru was actually tanking that shit like a champ in Chaosflame

Back