• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
On the topic of ap, didn't want to get into it, but in arc 6, from memory RBD was discussed as being 1 of 2 things, a literal reversal of time, or the world is destroyed, and recreated how it was before at an earlier point in time.
Eeyup

"So a loop or time slip, huh... I mean, I'm used to this sort of thing happening in manga, but I saw somewhere that realistically it was really hard to explain time travel to the past... like, that it would be easier to remake the world from scratch rather than slip back in time." —Volume 1, Chapter 4, Section 2
「記憶をなくした時点で、死者扱いにされてるか……『タイゲタ』の『死者の書』は、あの記憶の回廊は、俺が死んだ世界のことも観測してる……?」
"Am I being treated as deceased, ever since I lost my memories... the 『Books of the Dead』 of 『Taygeta』, that Hall of Memories, is even observing the worlds I die in……?”

だとしたら、何らかの形でスバルの『死』を写し取り、『死者の書』として形にしていることは考えられなくはない。だが、その場合、『死に戻り』とは。
If that were the case, then in no way is it inconceivable that it was depicting Subaru’s 『Deaths』 in some type of form through the 『Book of the Dead』. However, in that case, what did that make of 『Return by Death』.

「時間を遡ってるのか、世界そのものを作り直してるのか、どっちなのかって考えたことはあったが……」
“Whether it rewinds time, or does it rebuild the world itself, I had given a thought to both but……”

仮に、『死者の書』が『菜月・昴』の本を生成する方法を仮定した場合、最も高い可能性は後者のように思えてならない。だとしたら、このナツキ・スバルを取り巻く現象は『死に戻り』なんて可愛げのあるものではなく――、
For the argument’s sake, in the case that the 『Books of the Dead』 assumed a method to generate the book of 『Natsuki Subaru』, it could not be helped but to reach the conviction that the latter had much more likelihood. If that holds true, then the phenomenon which encased this Natsuki Subaru was not something as charming as 『Return by Death』 butーー, —Arc 6, Chapter 73
「残念ですガ、スバルハ……」
"Unfortunately, Subaru…"

「兄弟は生きてるぜ」
"Bro’s alive."

「――アルちん!」
"――Al-chin!"

首を横に振り、タリッタは哀悼の意を示そうとした。が、その発言は確信に満ちたアルの言葉に遮られ、それを聞いたミディアムがパッと顔を明るくする。
Shaking her head, Taritta tried to express her condolences. But her statement was interrupted by Al’s words full of conviction; hearing them made Medium’s face light up.

当然、アベルの方は不機嫌にも思える目をアルへと向けた。
Naturally, Abel turned his eyes, which seemed to be in a foul mood, towards Al,

「道化、貴様は何故にあれの生存を確信する?」
"Clown, how can you be so sure of his survival?"

「単純明快、そりゃナツキ・スバルってのがそういう奴だからだよ。もっと言えば」
"Plain and simple, it’s ‘cause Natsuki Subaru’s that kinda guy. Or rather…"

「言えば?」
"Rather?"

「世界が滅んでねぇ。それがオレの根拠だ」
"The world hasn’t been destroyed. That’s my basis." —Arc 7, Chapter 60

Back