• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
With consistently good animation, which seems likely, as I have always thought this season could be what takes Re Zero to the next level, which is weird to say, since it's a classic already.

I can't even imagine arcs 7-8, which has even more action in animated form.

But yea if this season brings in even more profits, when Re Zero already is getting Kadokawa so much money, maybe they will finally decide to milk the series and animate the side stories. Idk how a season 4 works without animating the side content.

With consistently good animation, which seems likely, as I have always thought this season could be what takes Re Zero to the next level, which is weird to say, since it's a classic already.

I can't even imagine arcs 7-8, which has even more action in animated form.

But yea if this season brings in even more profits, when Re Zero already is getting Kadokawa so much money, maybe they will finally decide to milk the series and animate the side stories. Idk how a season 4 works without animating the side content.
We might get ex novels as OVAs in preparation for those arcs, I would also die happy if they made if stories as OVAs as well... we can only dream

For Vollachia setup we need Ex4 + its sequel Sword Identity, and for Ex 4 we need Ex 1 for Balleroy's motivations, and for Sphinx we need Ex 2 and PP&Z, and for Stargazers we need Ex 3 & Ex 6, and for Priscilla & Arakiya setup we need Ex 5, and for general Arc 7 events we need Death Unto The Weak, and for Emilia Camp's travel to Vollachia we need Stand By Me Pleiades, and–

Instead of adapting the side stories, they might just do a exposition dump instead.

Like tell, don't show. Not for everthing, but for the majority. Like, I really doubt they gonna full adapt all side stories, considering how they cut content for each season;

That would create a third class of viewers to Re Zero, the anime already cuts stuff, so technically anime viewers are already another class, but even if you follow the web novel, Tappei keeps putting important stuff in side stories, so you don't see everything...

Sure Arc 7-8 can be done without adapting all the side content because stuff is mentioned ie Vincent and Priscilla are related, Sphinx and Priscilla had an encounter back in her domain, but idk, a complaint of arc 7-8 in particular is that it introduces lot of new characters, so it's hard to care about them.

Anyway it's just bad business, you literally have a series you can milk for years, even after the main story is done, and it's already so profitable with just the main content that there is a notable drop in profits when the anime isn't airing.

Last edited:
Kadokawa has infinite money at their fingertips but don't touch it because they think it's safer to just make figurines of the girls forever. Tangentially related to how little I care for the majority of Re:Zero's marketing making the story look like a romcom fantasy.

But I would LOVE to see the Ex Novels and the Tanpenshuu stories animated, it has some of the best Re:Zero content. Things like the No Mercy shop specials honestly work just by slotting them into the main story.

Back