• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Eugard barely beat Groovy, the current weakest divine general, but also nearly beat Halibel later. If Groovy hadn't passed him the fiend sword he would have lost. We can look at Balleroy and Rowan to see that the zombies don't really grow an absurd amount stronger. Not enough to suddenly jump from the level of the weakest, albeit still very strong, divine general to the level of someone supposedly far beyond any of the others.
Eugard's accelerated development is frankly some of the most batshit insane in the verse, probably only behind the likes of Reid & Garf.

The Eugard that beat Groovy and the Eugard that lost to Halibel may as well be in a totally different dimension. That's why he's selected as one of the 4 primary warriors against Sphinx, alongside Cecilus, Halibel, and Garfiel.
Eugard: [Half a step.]

Next time, he would take half a step further.

Even though Eugard’s swordsmanship had failed to do so just ten-odd seconds prior, he was confident that he would be able to do so the next time around. It was a feat he had never performed during his lifetime or after his death, however, he could envision innumerable derivative techniques.

That was the growth of an undead, greedy to the point of desperation.

――Forced into solitude by the Curse of Thorns, and with his notion of battles having been altered to that of executions, Eugard Vollachia had never had the opportunity to improve his strength as a warrior.

For the purpose of self-defense, his sword could be trained as much as was necessary due to his unique circumstance, but naught more than that had been required.

That swordsmanship of Eugard’s was now rapidly gaining a vast amount of experience, becoming greatly polished.

Eugard was completely unaware that the being he was facing off against was the strongest being of the Kararagi City-States―― namely, a being among the top five most powerful individuals within the current world.

But, absorbing such enormous amounts of combat experience through this confrontation of which he was ignorant, as an undead, Eugard was allowed to grow into a being that greedily became stronger, to an extent much greater than he had been during his lifetime.

Yea, there's also that too which i forgot about, Eugard trained when he was alive, but never fought anyone who he couldn't behead, once he actually fought someone like Halibel, he started growing real fast.

As for the other topic, the Eugard vs Groovy fight is a big point against Halibel, even when I was reading through it, I remember thinking it would cause issues for scaling, even like speed, the idea Halibel is lightning speed like Ceci, but can be kept up with by Eugard, who Groovy, not exactly among the strongest of the Divine Generals, can keep up with, yea....
I think it's fine. People like Cecilus and Wilhelm are supposed to be quite a bit beyond lightning speed. Halibel seems to be someone who is strong but relies more on his hax than them. I think it’s fair to just say that Halibel and now Eugard are lightning speed and Groovy is just close to it. The divine generals are strong as hell.

@VortechsTG Yea true, Grimm and co downscale, i am just spitballing here.

As i said i haven't thought too deep on ap, or anything else really, so i should just let you and Zab, continue your argument, while i continue sorting through all the stuff i got lol.

@VortechsTG Yea true, Grimm and co downscale, i am just spitballing here.

As i said i haven't thought too deep on ap, so really i should just let you and Zab, continue your argument, while i continue sorting through all the stuff i got lol.
No, it's fine really. It gets us talking about this stuff so we can have a clearer understanding.

Valgren is honestly bound to Feel Weird given that the EX Novel version of Battle Ballad will likely be very different from the Comic Alive version. Even at just the minor level, Valgren now dies in Vollachia canonically instead of Lugunica.

Or it really is just insane power-creep, and the once-top-tier meta threat Valgren gets trounced by Ram's Fura or like 10 Shudraqs with a big bow lmao

Re:Zero Post-Arc 8 Speed CRT could be either the greatest or worst thread in the verse's history. I look forward to it.
I am making the thread and even I don't know what it's gonna look like lol.

2 biggest controversies with Re:Zero, are Cecilus, and speed, specifically relativistic/FTL.

Like I have to go through not only stuff from these past 2 arcs, but also previous arcs and the Ex Novels. I only vaguely have an idea that there will be several options, supersonic, massively hypersonic+, relativistic, supersonic with relativistic reaction speed, massively hypersonic+ with relativistic reaction speed.

Eugard's accelerated development is frankly some of the most batshit insane in the verse, probably only behind the likes of Reid & Garf.

The Eugard that beat Groovy and the Eugard that lost to Halibel may as well be in a totally different dimension. That's why he's selected as one of the 4 primary warriors against Sphinx, alongside Cecilus, Halibel, and Garfiel.
Yeah, this is actually fair. You make a good point. But I still don't really think Eugard really has the same level of feats that Garf does after absolutely destroying Mezo.

I think if you want to argue that Cecilus should scale to this feat since him cutting down Al Shario is arguably a parallel to Garf punching out Mezo's storm that would probably be fine. I wouldn't be too opposed to it. It's just Halibel that is really the issue for me. He relies more on hax than on pure power and even with those hax he's clearly not on the same level Cecilus is now. Maybe you can argue he's on Garf's level due to his hax but I don't think he should have the same ap. He would be overwhelming him with his clones and various shinobi techniques not his raw power. He has multiple durability negating techniques between fa jin and deadspots.

Yeah, this is actually fair. You make a good point. But I still don't really think Eugard really has the same level of feats that Garf does after absolutely destroying Mezo.

I think if you want to argue that Cecilus should scale to this feat since him cutting down Al Shario is arguably a parallel to Garf punching out Mezo's storm that would probably be fine. I wouldn't be too opposed to it. It's just Halibel that is really the issue for me. He relies more on hax than on pure power and even with those hax he's clearly not on the same level Cecilus is now. Maybe you can argue he's on Garf's level due to his hax but I don't think he should have the same ap. He would be overwhelming him with his clones and various shinobi techniques not his raw power. He has multiple durability negating techniques between fa jin and deadspots.
I get where you are coming from but he at the very least downscales to Halibel and went from Groovy to Halibel really ******* fast, Currently i would say their AD is relative because both had to "die" for them to achieve it (Eugard did have to regen multiple attacks from Halibel to grow from it)
Either way, Eugards profile is gonna be busted af

It's just Halibel that is really the issue for me. He relies more on hax than on pure power and even with those hax he's clearly not on the same level Cecilus is now. Maybe you can argue he's on Garf's level due to his hax but I don't think he should have the same ap.
The method I'd use is: Mezoreia was knocked out by Garf's attack, feeling it's aftereffects, but she still both withstood the strike and was up again. Kid Cecilus is stronger than Mezoreia, and then Halibel is (or at least was) comparable to adult Cecilus, which we're told numerous times.

That instant, dragon claws thrust into the ground, and the collapsed body raised itself. Immediately, the red-haired man to its side screamed “Uoohhh!?” as he fell onto his backside, but that did not weigh on their mind.

More so than such insignificant things, what mattered now was――.

Madelyn: [Balleroy―― hk.]

The impact of being punched had been far too tremendous, so they were unable to stand up. But, that was no matter. What was needed now was not the strength to stand up, but the might of an empyrean being.
Immediately after their attention had been turned to the south of the Imperial Capital―― a white light beamed north through the city.

Madelyn: [――――PREAHHHHHH!]

In the southern sky, flapping its white wings, the Dragon, clad in the very essence of an overcast sky, roared.

Disregarding the values of life and death, the Cloud Dragon who only fought for the sake of their beloved changed sides, sent forth a breath in opposition to the ruination.
Cecilus: [No blinking allowed, or you’ll go without offering well-deserved applause!]

While weaving eloquent prose, Cecilus’s twin blades of frost shot out with white light.

With a light sound, its scales were penetrated, and the Cloud Dragon was flicked to the left and to the right. Due to the sword dance, it was deprived of its vision, it was deprived of its freedom, it was deprived of any opportunity to counterattack.

And I do mean it when I say Halibel and Cecilus are compared a lot:
Subaru: [――! Hey, do you know about Ceci?]

Halibel: [Hm? Oh, I do know him, yeah? After all, he came ta try ‘n kill me once. Tho’ for some reason, after throwin’ down for a bit, he said somethin’ like “Seems like the conclusion shall not be now!” ‘n he went back home.]

Though the topic of the conversation had deviated from the matter of wolfpeople, Halibel answered Subaru’s question without modesty.

It was an unexpected response, and an unexpected point of contact. Cecilus and Halibel had once fought in a death battle, and judging from the current conversation, it seemed like Cecilus had been the one to pick the fight, but that was also easy to believe.
Halibel: [That’s why there’s people who’re more motivated than me flyin’ around. So long as they ain’t stronger than me, I guess there ain’t no problem.]

Subaru: [People stronger than Halibel-san…]

Halibel: [The only one who’s absolutely stronger than me is the Kingdom’s Sword Saint. Other than that, it depends on compatibility ‘n the circumstances.]

Halibel’s softly-worded response gave Subaru a sense of both relief and trepidation.

Cecilus being included, as an ally, having a strong person take pride in their strength was nothing short of reassuring. That was especially true if they were among the strongest in the world.

Precisely because of that, he could not help but be astounded by how out of the ordinary Reinhard was, who had his strength “absolutely” guaranteed by some of the world’s strongest.
How many people could so casually say such a thing to one of the most powerful creatures in the world, a Dragon, and no other than the Blight Dragon?

And yet, the two immediately proved that it was no kind of jest or boast.

――A flash of blue and black streaked across the sky, instantly catching up with the Blight Dragon that was trying to take advantage of the distance.

In a moment, the Dragon’s wings were torn to shreds as it was pierced by three separate wolfmen in mid-air, creating “death holes”. However, the warriors would not let the Dragon miserably fall to its death.

A flash of lightning, a slash from the sword that manifested dreams, split the black scales of the Blight Dragon vertically, and its life was severed in two.

It was one of the most abrupt and legendary Dragon-slaying acts in the world.

Beatrice: […Those guys are outrageous, in fact.]

Subaru had seen the same thing that Beatrice had, and agreed wholeheartedly.

Even though Subaru was aware of this as information, two of the world’s strongest individuals were unbeatable in ways that went beyond his simple imagination. In fact, with them he felt like he could not lose, just like having Reinhard on his side.

Now that Cecilus had grown up, together with Halibel, that feeling was even stronger――
This situation would not have been possible if anyone else had been there, whether it was someone powerful like Cecilus or Halibel, someone wise like Vincent or Roswaal, or even a cheater like Subaru or Al.

No one other than Emilia could have pinned down Sphinx here.
With a backwards glance towards the undead Blight Dragon which was fading into the sky with its existence severed, Cecilus and Halibel could be seen and heard descending to the ground while pressingly exchanging words, having just killed the Dragon in a literal flash.

As the unmistakable apexes of the world, the two were equally transcendent beings; however, the fact that they could not defy the laws of physics and remain in the sky provided a certain sort of satisfaction――
At the same time that the Blue Lightning and the Witch’s techniques caused tremors throughout the Imperial Capital, similar fierce battles to prevent the activation of the magic circle broke out in three other locations.

???: [――Admirer, Halibel.]
???: [――Witch of Greed, Sphinx.]

???: [――Sixty-first Emperor of Vollachia, Eugard Vollachia.]

???: [――Gorgeous Tiger, Garfiel Tinzel.]

The elite forces, selected by Natsuki Subaru, faced the Witch as a spear to destroy the final stratagem of the Great Disaster, and were subjected to a fierce magical onslaught.
But, in those mere five seconds, Sphinx, who had already been reduced to thirty-six bodies, was diminished by another seven, bringing her total count down to twenty-nine.

Moving with superhuman speed and combat ability, the Blue Lightning and the Admirer were far too powerful.

Even though she was supposed to be able to reproduce the capacity of her creator, the Witch of Greed, she could not hold her own in the slightest. She could not even get a solid hit in. These opponents were on a level such that she could not even overcome them by sheer force of numbers.

Even if she wanted to do something about that, it was not only those two fighting against the Witch.
Al: [A new monster has joined the fray! A Cecilus type!?]

Halibel: [Can’t deny that, but that’s an unpleasant way of classifyin’ me.]

Girl: [It has been a while. I am sorry to be presumptuous, Cecilus-sama and Halibel-sama are so different in their nature that it would be disrespectful. ――Why don’t we protect Schwartz-sama?]

Al: [Oh, Yeah. You’re quick on the uptake! And I’ll definitely welcome strong guys. Let’s protect Bro together!]
Through the countless cracks formed throughout its body, it began to shine, and in the next moment, aiming in every direction with quite literally no blind spots, the rain of light―― nay, the undodgeable mist of light was unleashed.

If it was raindrops, then there was the Sword Saint, Blue Lightning, and Admirer who could evade it.

But, if that were to become particles of mist, then even those transcendent beings would have trouble evading.
Ram:「If we put confidence in Barusu and Emilia-sama’s words then our enemy is of the same caliber as the Knight Reinhard… If as said they truly are equal to the world’s strongest man, then there’s one that’s at least close to his level in every part of the world.」

Subaru:「So essentially Reinhard is the strongest in the Kingdom and each of the other three countries have their own strongest.」

Ram:「In the Vollachian Empire there’s the First General, the『Blue Lightning』Cecilus Segmunt; in the Holy Kingdom of Gusteko there’s the『Crazed Prince』; and in the Kararagi City States there’s the『Admirer』Halibel. But each have different traits to them.」
Abel: [The Blue Lightning of Vollachia, as he is called, is a swordsman of the highest class, ranked alongside the Sword Saint of Lugunica, the Admirer of Kararagi, and the Mad Prince of Gusteko.]

Kid Cecilus is stronger than Mezoreia,
No, he isn't. He was buffed by Cor Leonis. The same kind of buff that can allow a normal dude like Weitz to pummel second class generals. And kid Cecilus is normally already able to put up a pretty good fight against Arakiya and Balleroy. But Balleroy has also been shown to be clearly below Mezoreia so we know kid Cecilus is too.
and then Halibel is (or at least was) comparable to adult Cecilus, which we're told numerous times.
Maybe in terms of overall combat prowess, sure, but Halibel does not use raw power to fight. He uses hax. That's my whole point. Them being equals is not enough proof that they have the exact same ap. And that's assuming you could even scale Cecilus to the Garf feat in the first place.

No, he isn't. He was buffed by Cor Leonis. The same kind of buff that can allow a normal dude like Weitz to pummel second class generals. And kid Cecilus is normally already able to put up a pretty good fight against Arakiya and Balleroy. But Balleroy has also been shown to be clearly below Mezoreia so we know kid Cecilus is too.
Is Cecilus confirmed as affected by the Cor Leonis-induced Mana Excitation? Subaru wasn't aware of his location, and he seemed exempt from the Mana Excitation in the Pleiades Corps ss.

Maybe in terms of overall combat prowess, sure, but Halibel does not use raw power to fight. He uses hax. That's my whole point. Them being equals is not enough proof that they have the exact same ap. And that's assuming you could even scale Cecilus to the Garf feat in the first place.
I think in terms of sheer power, it could be Cecilus > Garfiel > Halibel > Eugard. I also think that they're all in a comparable range of eachother— such that Garfiel could break Cecilus' leg, or Halibel could pierce Garfiel's spine, or Eugard could fracture Halibel's ribs.

Mostly fine, in terms of minya having regen negation, not too sure on that, it's what I though initially too, but if the undead all have a core bug which is near to their heart, and minya crystallizes a person, and then shatters them, the core bug would be destroyed too no? So is it really negating the regen or just destroying the thing which the regen is based on?

Of course could be wrong here.

but if the undead all have a core bug which is near to their heart, and minya crystallizes a person, and then shatters them, the core bug would be destroyed too no? So is it really negating the regen or just destroying the thing which the regen is based on?
That detail in early Arc 8 is weird because the corebug's location can be anywhere, as shown in "A Magical Approach" and Sphinx's corebug specifically being in her head.

Anyways, you can negate their High-Mid regen by doing something like burning them to ash (Todd's strat) which destroys the corebug and forces them to use their Low-Godly resurrection. However— Minya expressly can negate their High-Mid regen without destroying the corebug:
His broken body would then be repaired like a video played backwards, and the zombie would attack as if nothing had happened――,

Izmail: [Wh, at…?]

――But he could not do it.

The amethyst arrows that had pierced the zombie’s body did not shatter its body from there, but rather remade the body into the same amethyst crystals as the arrow. The crystallized part of the zombie’s body then cracked, and this time the zombie’s body shattered, but the parts did not regenerate.

The particular effectiveness of Yin Magic against zombies―― that was the enemy’s weakness that had been identified during their retreat up to this point.

――Although there had not been an abundance of opportunities to check over a long period of time, several common characteristics were observed in the zombies.

For example, a zombie’s fatal wound was closer to the heart than the head.

However, since piercing their chest would not kill them, fatal was perhaps not be the right word. Nevertheless, it was a fact that zombies, their bodies regenerating wounds with abnormal resilience, healed more slowly when the wounds were close to their heart.

Since blood did not flow when an arm or leg was lost, it seemed that the heart probably no longer served to pump blood to the body, but it had not lost its function as a vital part of the human body.

As those characteristics of zombies that could not be beaten were revealed, Beatrice’s Yin Magic came to be recognized as effective at defeating zombies.

Beatrice had explained that Minya, a spell of Yin Magic, had the effect of freezing the time of the target, which was a kind of instant death magic, and it seemed to be especially effective against zombies, who relied on their regeneration.

According to Todd, if one were to burn a zombie’s body down to ashes, they could stop the enemy from regenerating just as if they had hit them with Minya, but there was no use in asking for something they did not have.

Subaru: [This is the strongest use of the hand we have!]

Regardless of the strength of the enemy zombies, they could be defeated if hit with Beatrice’s Minya. —Arc 8, Chapter 5, "Forgiveness"

Yea seem fine then, seeing as Minya specifically hit Izmail's hand, and he couldn't regen.

Sort of all over the place, but anyone have any idea how we will go about calculating Tanza launching houses? As far as I can see we don't exactly have any good visuals for what these houses/buildings look like, the angles/perspectives don't really allow for pixel scaling.

Is Cecilus confirmed as affected by the Cor Leonis-induced Mana Excitation? Subaru wasn't aware of his location, and he seemed exempt from the Mana Excitation in the Pleiades Corps ss.
From ch 104
Emilia: “Come to think of it, Priscilla never said it was cold either, but…”
Cecilus: “Rest assured. I can make up for this inconvenience with the Flow Method, so both myself and the people in the Battalion are fine. Well, I tend to get out of my flow when the Boss and the others are involved, but it’s a fact that I’m especially tokushu for handling it naturally!”
Moreover it just makes natural sense. Why would he struggle with Balleroy if he could easily toss around Mezoreia?

Also uh... Cecilus maybe has hammer space?
He pulled out a myriad of weapons of frost created by Emilia―― weapons created via Icicle Line, one after another, which he had shoved into his clothes.
From his back, his waist, and between his thighs, the items Cecilus had picked up while catching up with Mezoreia, who was escaping into the sky, were swung one after another by Cecilus’s hands while in the air, peeling off Mezoreia’s scales.
Swords, axes, spears, and hammers of ice wreaked havoc, and the Cloud Dragon was put on the defensive due to the violent assault. Or perhaps, even that expression was a misnomer seeing as Mezoreia was unable to defend itself

Forgot to mention I'm working on revamping the Witches' pages. Here's the Echidna (mostly done?) and Satella (WIP) profiles. I plan to also do Pandora, Hektor, Sphinx, and Emilia. I also have a sandbox with the 5 Witches that's pretty much done too.
Looks much better than before however Echidna seems to be missing explosion manipulation as well as Minya's durability negation.

I would also note that the Meteor staff is homing in the equipment section.

I really think her water mirrors should be listed under notable magic techniques. It should mention how they can reflect Jiwald and burst into a flash freeze or into deadly raindrops which appear completely normal. It's clearly a standard tactic for her and a very powerful one at that.

As for Satella, her ability to manifest sorts of... avatars is not listed in any way. Would that just being listed as avatar creation work? She seems to be able to manifest them anywhere, or at least anywhere near Subaru.

Sort of all over the place, but anyone have any idea how we will go about calculating Tanza launching houses? As far as I can see we don't exactly have any good visuals for what these houses/buildings look like, the angles/perspectives don't really allow for pixel scaling.
Volumes 32, 33, 34, 36, 37, and 38 show the buildings in Imperial Capital Lupugana. If there's no good shots in the novel, the potential of using Lugunica Capital's buildings from Season 1 exists too.

Last edited:
Looks much better than before however Echidna seems to be missing explosion manipulation as well as Minya's durability negation.

I would also note that the Meteor staff is homing in the equipment section.

I really think her water mirrors should be listed under notable magic techniques. It should mention how they can reflect Jiwald and burst into a flash freeze or into deadly raindrops which appear completely normal. It's clearly a standard tactic for her and a very powerful one at that.

As for Satella, her ability to manifest sorts of... avatars is not listed in any way. Would that just being listed as avatar creation work? She seems to be able to manifest them anywhere, or at least anywhere near Subaru.
Changes made.

That detail in early Arc 8 is weird because the corebug's location can be anywhere, as shown in "A Magical Approach" and Sphinx's corebug specifically being in her head.

Anyways, you can negate their High-Mid regen by doing something like burning them to ash (Todd's strat) which destroys the corebug and forces them to use their Low-Godly resurrection. However— Minya expressly can negate their High-Mid regen without destroying the corebug:
Yea seem fine then, seeing as Minya specifically hit Izmail's hand, and he couldn't regen.

Would this not mean that Elsa has High mid regen negation resistance?

Isn't Cecilus like, the only one who can use the Flow Method by himself in the battalion?
No?????????
It'd just be a matter of affinity, then.
I'm not gonna deny that there is some degree of affinity involved in this but there's a very clear and massive power difference here. Balleroy couldn't scratch Mogro but he could blow Cecilus' limbs off. Mezoreia melted through Mogro like butter and Cecilus was still able to draw blood from it.

The speed difference is even worse. Mogro managed to hit Balleroy after only a short bout. Balleroy was clearly able to keep up with and managed to hit Cecilus when they fought. Mezoreia was tossing around Mogro, mainly due to its strength, but it was clearly keeping up with Mogro. And just by trying to get past Mezoreia Balleroy got beat up. He couldn't totally avoid it. Cecilus was literally jumping around the battlefield such that Mezoreia could not keep track of his movements at all.
Cecilus’s body moved in and out of Emilia’s vision as if he were a phantom or an illusion. Repeatedly, he entered and exited Emilia’s field of view from side-to-side, from top to bottom, at a tremendous speed.
He was much too fast for Emilia’s eyes to keep up with, so they started spinning round and round.
And it was the same for Mezoreia, whom Cecilus coiled around.
And he's doing this while literally up in the sky. Garf couldn't even come close to this while on the ground. Granted, we never saw him running around once he reached his full strength, but he still should have been beyond the level of someone like Balleroy or Olbart at that point. And Garf is supposed to be a fast fighter. That's why he was able to dodge and parry Kurgan so well in arc 5. That's why Wilhelm straight up told him he's noticeably faster than him. That's why arc 4 states he's just a bit stronger AND faster than Elsa.

Last edited:
Would this not mean that Elsa has High mid regen negation resistance?
Maybe, although I had always been under the impression that her antimagic cloak dispelled the effects of Minya and allowed her to regenerate. If that isn't what happened then yes she'd have resistance to regen neg.

Balleroy couldn't scratch Mogro but he could blow Cecilus' limbs off.
That isn't the case:
To be precise, that was the level of ability known as the “utmost limits of flight”, the domain where the Empire’s strongest flying dragon rider was without peer.

In an instant, white light dispersed, the sound of Moguro’s enormous body being broken by the impact reverberated, and a part of the broken wall grazed Abel’s cheek. Without distorting his countenance due to the pain, he saw it.

Accounting for the enormous difference in mass between Moguro and Cecilus, Balleroy being able to shoot his limbs off is perfectly reasonable. There's also Balleroy's inability to properly damage Mezoreia, but that is nearly certainly due to Dragons resisting magic with their dense coat of mana.

Mogro managed to hit Balleroy after only a short bout.
It's more like:
In addition to protecting Abel from the magic sniping, they had blocked the entirety of the enemy’s attacks until this point. Moguro’s movements were keen, nimble, and precise.

Moguro: [Fast. Meticulous.]

However, even with Moguro’s reflexes and agility, subduing Balleroy, who made the entirety of the sky into his domain as he flew around it, was unfeasible.

Balleroy was clearly able to keep up with and managed to hit Cecilus when they fought.
I wouldn't agree with the idea that Balleroy can "keep up" with Cecilus. He can snipe at Cecilus from kilometres away, and that distance would obviously make a fast target easy to track, it's why planes seem to slowly move through the sky despite often times surpassing the speed of sound.

Even with these advantages of range & invisibility, Cecilus doesn't get hit a single time until he is in mid-air where dodging is nearly physically impossible— until Cecilus is shown where the magic bullet is coming from an evades it immediately. Balleroy even fled as soon as Cecilus grasped his location, fearing a counter-attack.

And just by trying to get past Mezoreia Balleroy got beat up. Cecilus was literally jumping around the battlefield such that Mezoreia could not keep track of his movements at all.
Well he wasn't just trying to get past it, no. He had tried to defeat it. Even then, I think it's necessary to recall the fact that Balleroy had attempted to fight Mezoreia inside of its clouds which it can control at will.
Balleroy: […I had wanted to defeat the Cloud Dragon, and bring ya outta here, though.]

Saying that with wounds that seemed to put him on the verge of death, while stroking the back of his equally battered beloved dragon, Balleroy gave a pathetic smile, and tears streamed down Madelyn’s face.

Cecilus is absolutely far faster than Mezoreia of course, but the fact that Cecilus is tiny & no more than tens of metres away at max, and spending most of the fight running around on their body plays a part as well, compared to Balleroy who had thousands of metres between them while also being in an invisible & constantly-shifting position.

Maybe, although I had always been under the impression that her antimagic cloak dispelled the effects of Minya and allowed her to regenerate. If that isn't what happened then yes she'd have resistance to regen neg.
in the anime she was crystalized and broken apart and came back, i dont think the magic cloak would apply AFTER she has been killed (that would imply Roswaal having a mechanism greater than Felix's healing magic...)

in the anime she was crystalized and broken apart and came back, i dont think the magic cloak would apply AFTER she has been killed (that would imply Roswaal having a mechanism greater than Felix's healing magic...)
I mean that the cloak would return her broken crystaline body to flesh, and then her Curse would repair her.

That isn't the case
Ok, I misremembered. My bad.
There's also Balleroy's inability to properly damage Mezoreia, but that is nearly certainly due to Dragons resisting magic with their dense coat of mana.
A true dragon is entirely made out of mana. Any damage they tank is by mana. The only special resistance they have to magic is special effects like Minya. Pure magical power that has the same energy as another's punch is going to do the same damage.
It's more like:
It's more like:
People would tend to believe that big things moved sluggishly, but that was but an illusion originating from their viewpoints being far away from the events.

In addition to protecting Abel from the magic sniping, they had blocked the entirety of the enemy’s attacks until this point. Moguro’s movements were keen, nimble, and precise.

Moguro: “Fast. Meticulous.”

However, even with Moguro’s reflexes and agility, subduing Balleroy, who made the entirety of the sky into his domain as he flew around it, was unfeasible.

The special trait of a flying dragon rider was not restricted to just speed, but extended to having the potential to move up, down, left, right, front, and back. To move in every conceivable direction, was their greatest advantage that could not be taken away lest they were felled to the surface.
The full quote straight up implies that Mogro is just as fast as Balleroy but Balleroy's ability to freely move around in the air still makes him difficult to hit. Yet that doesn't change the fact that Mogro eventually did hit him, or would have if Mezoreia didn't interfere.
I wouldn't agree with the idea that Balleroy can "keep up" with Cecilus. He can snipe at Cecilus from kilometres away, and that distance would obviously make a fast target easy to track, it's why planes seem to slowly move through the sky despite often times surpassing the speed of sound.
?????
Al: [Though if we’re being sniped, it’s an ironclad rule that snipers are supposed to stay put!]

They were supposed to patiently lie in wait, take aim once their target was in their sights, and strike with a fatal shot.

Those were the fundamentals of sniping, and ought to have been an ironclad rule. Yet, this sniper was defying all that, accurately pursuing the fleeing pair, and was even anticipating their moves to find cover, and firing accordingly.

It was as if they were surrounded by a hundred snipers, or being targeted by a single sniper with the complete freedom to move around at rapid speeds.
And
Once more, Cecilus spoke without a sense of danger, and a tremendous crashing sound followed, prompting Al to look back―― that is, toward the direction they were heading.

Then, within Al’s field of vision, three buildings along their path came crashing down.

From the front of the street and on each side, buildings began to descend upon them. Each had its foundation targeted and hollowed out by the sniper, causing them to tilt and collapse inwards.

If they collided with that, there would be no escaping from being crushed to death. Upon grasping that, Al clenched his molars, and,
In every fight Balleroy has ever been in he has been zipping around the battlefield in order to fire shots from all directions around and the same is true here. That's something that could only be done by being relatively close to his opponent and still being able to keep up with them or being literally hundreds of times faster than them if he is at his maximum range.
Even with these advantages of range & invisibility, Cecilus doesn't get hit a single time until he is in mid-air where dodging is nearly physically impossible— until Cecilus is shown where the magic bullet is coming from an evades it immediately. Balleroy even fled as soon as Cecilus grasped his location, fearing a counter-attack.
Ok, Cecilus is good at dodging. Balleroy is still fast as hell in this fight.
Well he wasn't just trying to get past it, no. He had tried to defeat it. Even then, I think it's necessary to recall the fact that Balleroy had attempted to fight Mezoreia inside of its clouds which it can control at will.
Ok, again, that's my bad. Mezoreia can control all of the clouds across the empire though. They didn't until Garfiel cause they never felt the need to. I think assuming they did here is presumptuous at best. This still suggests to me that Mezoreia was able to keep up with Balleroy well enough to hit him but since he was trying to fight it I'll admit that it is less impressive.
Cecilus is absolutely far faster than Mezoreia of course, but the fact that Cecilus is tiny & no more than tens of metres away at max, and spending most of the fight running around on their body plays a part as well, compared to Balleroy who had thousands of metres between them while also being in an invisible & constantly-shifting position.
Perhaps you are right and he really isn't buffed by cor leonis. He is just really fast. But he still never did anything like Garf breaking its nose, much less him paralyzing it with a single blow. Ceshi couldn't draw blood at all, even with bladed weapons, until he hit its weak points. Just dart around like a pest. I still don't think this is evidence that he should scale to Garf's best strength feats. That would just be an assumption based on something as loose as him being stronger now by a largely unknown amount.

Last edited:
crazy how subaru just has a casual 9-B feat (9-C at worst) in literally episode 1 of the anime and i never knew because SOMEONE (zab) told me not to watch the anime
This has been known I thought. Not this specific feat but just that Subaru's page is hilariously innacurate. He has quite a few of these in the anime. At least one off the top of my head is easily better. Although be should just be scaling to the 9-A characters anyway. At least from arc 5 onward.

Last edited:
This has been known I thought. Not this specific feat but just that Subaru's page is hilariously innacurate. He has quite a few of these in the anime. At least one off the top of my head is easily better. Although be should just be scaling to the 9-A characters anyway. At least from arc 5 onward.
Wasn't the only reason Subaru isn't 9-A is cuz his Gate was broken or smth? Then again, I am not entirely sure what the AP value that the 9-A cast scale to, so eh.

9-A Barusu is mega based, tho. And we could probs throw Beatrice and him at Frisk Undertale if it happens. And maybe others if RbD doesn't protect him from soul destruction.

Back