• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Just finished phase 4 of arc 8, now just have phase 5 to go. Sphinx is a genuine threat, these turn of events are pretty interesting.

Having seen Sphinx in Ex Novel 2, was wondering what exactly she could bring to the main story, pleasantly surprised. The insane drive for knowledge and improvement is very scary, every time she is on the ropes, she finds a way out.

Been a while since I read Ex Novel 2, so don't remember who exactly helped her escape, but they made one of the biggest mistakes ever.

Anyway lots of stuff to sort through, organize, discuss etc. Probably going to need my staycation in a month to get through everything. Last summer I was working on Re Zero, this summer, will be working on Re Zero lol.

Last edited:
Wrote this little argument for Murasame's CM up, did I miss anything/make any mistakes?
The Fiend Sword Murasame is an enchanted blade, which possesses the ability to sever the concept of the "Point" of anything it slashes. Within all things there is an appropriate "Point", no matter the object, phenomenon, or even concept, there exists a "Point" which signifies its essence.

Essentially, it's made clear that this "Point" is an metaphysical aspect present in all things— an essential concept that objects, phenomena, and concepts cannot exist without, and that the destruction of which by Murasame's blade will cause said things to cease to exist.

Some feats Murasame has include:

Last edited:
Fate Manip.... also, Priscilla just dropping this bombshell?? "Hmm yes I knew you both had Authorities this whole time, bye now!"
Priscilla: [The Authorities held by yourself and Al may possess the power to warp even the laws of fate. But, you ought to remember this. Regardless of what use you make of your powers and prayers, there are some who desire that things remain unchanged.]

Priscilla: [You had best remember this, you who have decided to carry “heroic reveries” upon your backs, possessing the means to defy predetermined fate.]

This feels like it's taking the description a bit literally. Here's the WCT translations btw (it's the same between the WN & LN)
In any case, it was a woman in black. It was as if she were wearing a black wedding dress, with a black veil that made it impossible to see both into it and out of it. This black veil completely concealed her face.

“――I love you.”

However, the words which emerged from the lips of the woman who was shrouded in darkness contained an unimaginably strong emotion.

Just how many emotions he could concentrate within, to get close to the words that slipped out from her lips?

There was quality, there was quantity, there was a sense of time, there was weight, there was worth, and that was just the general concept. —Arc 6, Chapter 39, "Ruins"
――I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you.

I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you.

Love akin to a curse that would never, by any means, leave, transcending every conceivable dimension, was blotting out the existence called Natsuki Subaru.

A hellish world devoid of love; that, he knew.

That his own self was still loved; that, Natsuki Subaru knew.

However, at the same time, that not all forms of “love” should be something to be affirmed, that he also should know.

Exactly because of his ignorance, there would be retribution.

Exactly because of his ignorance, of why everyone dreaded it, ran from it.

――It morphed into a sable shadow, swallowing all things, cheering while destroying. —Arc 7, Chapter 54, "The Utopia of Chaosflame"

There was also some stuff about Od Laguna being Ying and Yang, thus above platonic concepts, interesting stuff.

The person who made pages based on all that, is a member of this wiki too, and they are very confident in defending their ratings.

Eh, Od Lagna is the source of the world and Mana, but I don't believe it's said to be responsible for the existence of Magic and Attributes, which seems to come from living beings.

I can't get behind using merely the name of two attributes to justify the cosmology in that way... I think if higher dimensional stuff gets involved, it'll be due to the Observers rather than Magic.

Robo... (I'm missing a few scans from that album, that show her love is akin to her power)

There was also some stuff about Od Laguna being Ying and Yang, thus above platonic concepts, interesting stuff.

The person who made pages based on all that, is a member of this wiki too, and they are very confident in defending their ratings.
I can't take all the credit, had a decent amount of help from a few others, and to clarify it's not neccssarily platonic concepts (that would be a long discussion)

And I mean like yeah, as I say on the profiles, I'm not trying to push it as a meta or anything, it's just that when I looked at the raws of Regulus and Satella especially in the LN, they said some interesting things, and WCT at times messes up for the wn (and we all know about yawnpress, whom really downplayed Subaru looking at the raws).

Funnily enough, I asked Ultima about the Od Laguna stuff and aside from his usually vague "maybe", his response was that his only issue is if "mana and magic/the elements" are universal in nature or just physical phenomena, if not he could see it I sent scans of them being universal in nature afterwards and he didn't reply 😭 though he said it should be 2-C and that the hall of memories was really good (too bad a lot has been scrapped from the LN)

Binged the remaining chapters of Arc 8, now I am an emotional mess

200.webp

As for the arc itself, it's top 3 no doubt for me, where exactly it stands would have to think, arc 8 was a good combo of action, and character development. In terms of actual antagonists, Sphinx is definitely #1 for me, and Priscilla is an easy top 3 female character .

Didn't really think much of Al before either, but he has moved up a lot for me too.

But anyway there is a lot of info to sort through, so until I have all that organized in sanboxes, don't really have strong opinions when it comes to power scaling. Speed will be a messy thread no doubt, and probably what I will get to first.

prediction

Arc 9 shall be in Lagunica and be more lore based and focus on the royal selection
My full prediction: It'll be based on the royal selection. We'll get more time with the characters and all their interactions. Even more with their families and estates. As the royal selection happens, the archbishop of Lust will make her grand return and try to take over the throne and lagunica for herself since she is the "rightful" air to the throne being a member of the royal family. Then a civil war happens in Lagunica between the candidates and their supporters, those who want Capella to become the next ruler and the witches cult.

Last edited:
Lugunica seems fine in the side stories at least. I think after wrapping up Vollachia's loose ends, they'll break the news of Priscilla to the Council, and whatever Arc 9's plot is will go from there. Arc 10 is supposedly the "Royal Capital arc", so I don't think Arc 9 will spend a lot of time there.

Back