• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Pain manipulation (People feel pain when they are killed by Halibel) Soul Manipulation (people's soul travels to Od Laguna after being killed by Halibel) Mind and memory manipulation (all information is erased from the people killed by Halibel via Od Laguna)
biological manipulation(people turn into skeletons when they are killed by Halibel), life manipulation(people lose their life when they are killed by Halibel)

I know that "as fast as lightning" is a common simile that's often flowery language, but when someone called "The Blue Lightning" is described this way...

With a pleasant smile, Cecilus calmly drew one of the swords at his hip. Then he took a single, nonchalant step toward Julius and vanished. An instant later, faster than lightning, he delivered a blow that transcended all perception.

“Hrrgh!” Julius only just managed to block this first strike with the upraised hilt of his saber. He hadn’t deflected it consciously; it was an instinctive reaction, one born of the heightened reflexes granted to him by his Quasi-Spirits. Julius had been forced to use his trump card at the very first exchange.

“My! You managed to block that? You kingdom warriors are more capable than I thought.” Julius, keenly aware of the pain in his arm, registered the now-distant Cecilus’ surprise. The general had widened the gap again as quickly as he had closed it. His movements were almost instantaneous, truly as fast as lightning. Such speed certainly lived up to his title.
“And so I shall! Right, excellent, let’s see just how good this newcomer is!” Cecilus took the Emperor’s remark as his cue, striking a fighting stance with his third-best sword and promptly disappearing. He had sounded completely at ease during their banter, but the prowess of The Blue Lightning of Vollachia was on full display now. Julius was unable to see even Cecilus’ ponytail as the general sped forward. The strike, like a bolt from the sky, lashed out at Reinhard’s neck with the power of a storm.
“Pride upon pride… To challenge an opponent without understanding his true strength, and to come out like this… I have had quite enough of theatrics. To be defeated without even a chance to use one’s full strength is not in keeping with the principles of the Empire.”

That's wild tbh. It gets stated so frequently too...
Immediately after he spoke, Cecilus leapt at lightning speed, using a piece of melted debris as a foothold.
Saying so in a calm tone, Cecilus dodged the ray of death that attempted to graze him, and devoted himself to lightning speed in order to implement his statement.
His speed and transience were beyond description―― no, truly beyond description was the deed that was realized directly afterward, mixed in with Cecilus humming a tune.

Al: [No way!?]

Arakiya’s entire body radiated white light in the air, and a moment later, a flash of light scorched the spot where Cecilus was running.

The unleashed spear of light pierced into the magma
, and a beat later, everything within a radius of a few meters around it had compressed, and was immediately blown asunder.

There's even a lightning-cutting feat performed by Mutual Soul Marriage-Amped Priscilla
Whether it was fire or water, wind or earth, light or shadow, the being of infinite transformations that used the entire composition of the world, poured all of her energy towards Priscilla coming in hot.

Priscilla charged in with a shout as if to make her stance apparent, about to take on the streams of water and flashes of lightning rushing toward her with nothing but her body and sword――

Yorna: “――I love you.”

A moment later, Priscilla’s Yang Sword was held aloft, and the attacks of water and lightning right before her both disappeared into thin air as they were about to clash―― No, they had not vanished as if smoke.

Undoubtedly, they had been cut away by a slash of the Yang Sword.

However, the sword flash drawn by the treasured sword of crimson was even more refined and blindingly fast than before.

Priscilla: “This is…”

With a slight, surprised exhalation in her voice, Priscilla’s well-shaped brow furrowed.

Winds of reddish flame approached her from all directions. But, Priscilla did not hesitate to slash away the scorching winds with a strike, easily cleaving them away.

As if to reaffirm it, Priscilla then adjusted her grip on the treasured sword, and came to gently touch her own face. Her fingertips gently caressed her eyes, but she likely did not sense anything unusual.

Yorna already knew. That it was something entirely different from a tangible effect accompanying the flame.

――It was the bond Yorna shared with her beloved child, taking form as the flame that burned in their eyes.

That's wild tbh. It gets stated so frequently too...
just adding some old statements
Cecilus: “――――”

With that name as an expression of power reaching his ears, Cecilus disappeared, cracking the floor of the mansion.

That he had vanished from the world, it was fast enough to mistake for that.

On that moment, the moniker of Blue Lightning truly befitted the man approaching like a bolt of electricity.

The distance was crossed instantaneously.

However, at that same instant, Roswaal weakly parted his lips, muttering,

Roswaal: “So it was you, after all.”

Even before the sound of those words appeared in the world, the Dream Sword drew an arc.

Carping at the weak objection, Cecilus unsheathed the katana on his waist as he sat.

In a flash of lightning that left even the sound behind, the force from the drawn blade rose into the sky, and the thick clouds above the pair of them were cleaved in twain right down the middle.

Arakiya: [──Slicing clouds.]

Cecilus: [Well, it's a bit of a startling feat, isn't it? But if I had said that I couldn't reach the clouds or whatever, I wouldn't have been able to do it ever!]

Last edited:
That does seem to be the final qualifier and hurdle for type 5 i believe
I could absolutely lay out an argument for Type 5 where the key phrase "Regulus Corneas does not experience change." is the statement of the relationship with causality, if what counts doesn't need to use the particular word "causality".

But it's not priority atm.

This is real now💀

Terrified of the day we have to fully face the powercreep of the Empire Arc, because "the strongest of the common person" being like 7-A is insane when the goat Wilhelm is 8-B rn.

The implications are something else....

Terrified of the day we have to fully face the powercreep of the Empire Arc, because "the strongest of the common person" being like 7-A is insane when the goat Wilhelm is 8-B rn.

The implications are something else....
I don't really buy this because I don't think Rowan being able to perform the same technique as Cecilus means it's just as powerful as when he does it. In fact we've seen him use the technique and it's visibly not.

Wilhelm shouldn't be 8-B though lmao

Last edited:
Btw, Subaru’s feat of seeing Garfiel in slow motion should be mentioned in the flow blog because that would imply that every person who can use the flow can slow down their perception.
Heck we can even quantify by how much due to Subarù being human level speed normally but can slow down so much that supersonic characters (garfiel) appear to be moving slow to him

Edit: Just realized this could be used to argue about Ram's feat.

With a pleasant smile, Cecilus calmly drew one of the swords at his hip. Then he took a single, nonchalant step toward Julius and vanished. An instant later, faster than lightning, he delivered a blow that transcended all perception.
“Hrrgh!” Julius only just managed to block this first strike with the upraised hilt of his saber. He hadn’t deflected it consciously; it was an instinctive reaction, one born of the heightened reflexes granted to him by his Quasi-Spirits. Julius had been forced to use his trump card at the very first exchange.

Isnt this a perception blitz that Julius countered via IA alone?

Oh and also, Authorities interfering with the concepts of the world. I do think Regulus deserves conceptual Manipulation atleast, the gluttonies too tbh
Authorities__concept_manipulationm.PNG

Yes, Julius can buff his reaction speed by a huge amount for purely defensive purposes. This is especially evident now since Balleroy is apparently relative to Cecilus. There should definitely be a crt about this at some point.
... In speed? Or just in general physical stats?

Balleroy is a pretty good counter to Cecilus, he can attack with deadly magic from a safe position, although he's not a perfect counter since Cecilus can dodge his invisible magic bullets with bullshit intuition.

Before i forget again
Ram should have AP resistance via being able to become unreadable using her wind magic to Ley
Also, technically Ram's wind magic is 2 layers above baseline as characters like Elsa can still react to their targets even when all of their senses have been cut off. Meaning they dont even need to sense anything to react to that. I am also pretty sure that someone else did something similar like this maybe Juliùs? This would be added onto Ley and Ram's profile and then we would have this scaling chain
Julius sensing invisible attacks(or whatever he did)<Ram and Ley being abĺe to sense invisible attacks<Ram and Ley being able to react to attacks they can't sense<Wind based magic which was unavoidable to both of them

Before i forget again
Ram should have AP resistance via being able to become unreadable using her wind magic to Ley
i don't think AnaPre resistance is a thing anymore, it's part of skill-scaling now.
for example, would some rando martial artist who was called "unpredictable" once suddenly be immune to the predictions of someone who can correctly forecast where every atom in the solar system will be or smth?

i don't think AnaPre resistance is a thing anymore, it's part of skill-scaling now.
for example, would some rando martial artist who was called "unpredictable" once suddenly be immune to the predictions of someone who can correctly forecast where every atom in the solar system will be or smth?
True true, we should still get the 2 layers of invisibility on wind magic though

Saw the post, and looked at the summaries, besides being able to wipe out cities, Madaline/Mezoreia can gather clouds from all over the empire?

Based on this page, probably in the Island level to Small Country level range.

But besides that, more lore drop with the dragons, possible hints Volcanica isn't just senile, but has a dragon kin out there somewhere.

Arc 7 and 8 have been nothing but feats and world building, the backstories are great too.

Vollachia is BIG, gathering those clouds from across the country even in like a minute is insane.
It was fairly understandable when it was just portrayed as a trump card for Mezoreia who is already so powerful but then Garfiel just punches it and actually stops it which is crazy 😭

Reinhard: "There’s nothing wrong with his ambition burning strong. Besides, it’s also true that he’s getting stronger and stronger each day. Before long, won’t there come a time where he will catch up with me?"

Back