• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
What I believe is the most thoroughly proofread Arc 7 Translation is the complete Arc 7 document, the manifesto of which reads:
This document is a compilation of all the Re: Zero Web Novel Chapters that correspond to Arc 7, titled “The Land of Wolves”, which were adapted in Light Novel Volumes 26 through 33. Witch Cult Translations, was used as a source of the translations for all the Chapters. Chapters 23 to 46, 48 to 74, 76 to 106, as well as 109 and 110.

The original translations have been proofread, edited and reformatted by myself, on top of whatever original editing and proofreading work was done by the original translators and respective proofreaders.

This means that the formatting should remain consistent no matter which source is used.

I have tried to follow naming conventions present in the Light Novel as much as possible, only diverging when community-given names differed greatly. I have also tried to conserve as many of the original translator notes from the original translators as much as possible.

There are fully human translated chapters too however, such as Todd's named chapter.

It's a lot smother to just update and add stuff as the LN volumes come out, we can look at stuff in depth, instead of being all over the place, and even with that the current profiles still need work.

Edit: Not to mention all the sidestories that are out there with stuff to be revised...

Last edited:
I would say cleaning things up and looking over the side stories is probably a good idea for now.
Also will there be a seperate key for Subaru in arc 7? Like shotabaru, Natsumi Schwartz etc

No but what would the point of a Natsumi Schwartz key be? Slightly higher self confidence?? 😭
Probably a heck of a lot better social manipulation..or whatever it was called. Bro really rizzed up Jamal and apparently is better at it then Reinhard von asspull

I was making my way through nabbing some significant Q&As and just... I love Garfiel...
Q: When Garfiel is getting himself worked up before a battle or the like, what does he do?

A: He thinks "I'll knock 'em flat!!" and fills his head with the will to win. If he ran into someone who could read minds, he could beat them just by doing this.

Understandable skill is always a mess. I spoke a ways back about possibly proposing Reinhard as one of the most skilled swordsman on the wiki, i have no interest in doing that.

I have no time to waste writing essays, and spending hours debating about skill, would rather continue fixing the verse.

Speaking of that, Al seemingly can rewind not just himself, but also others, since by the looks of it he killed Leip over and over, and he was aware of it, which is why his mind broke.

Yes, Al's looping has roles of Victim and Aggressor. Only the Victim (usually Al, but it is a coin flip) can remember the loops, and so from Al's perspective if he is the Aggressor, the opponent will immediately go insane.

I have no idea if this was explicitly confirmed elsewhere, but Reinhard's body is indeed reset when he resurrects.
Q: In the case that Reinhard-san was cut by Theresia's "Blessing of the Reaper", what kind of Blessing would he take care of it with?

A: He couldn't take care of it. Once the "Blessing of the Reaper" has started operating, it's over. Perhaps with spirits endlessly continuing to heal his injury, or dying once and resetting his body with "Blessing of the Phoenix", the effect of "Blessing of the Reaper" could be ended.

Understandable skill is always a mess. I spoke a ways back about possibly proposing Reinhard as one of the most skilled swordsman on the wiki, i have no interest in doing that.

I have no time to waste writing essays, and spending hours debating about skill, would rather continue fixing the verse.

Speaking of that, Al seemingly can rewind not just himself, but also others, since by the looks of it he killed Leip over and over, and he was aware of it, which is why his mind broke.
This is a little too relatable

Ok, I've gathered quite the bucketload of q&a answers that I felt could be even a little relevant, mostly for Reinhard, Garfiel, Julius, Wilhelm, Theresia, Roswaal, and Echidna at the moment.

Some of them are already used in profiles, or just give info we knew already (especially for Reinhard), but there are also many that give new info (at least new to me lol), I particularly think some of Garf's are interesting.

I'll seperate them by character and share them here for everyone to have a look at, if anyone sees something they think is significant then pointing it out would be great. I'll be combing through more later to add to a "miscellaneous abilities to be added" list I'm making, and I've added the ones I find very significant to that list already, but more heads are better than one.

Note that these are VERY long lists of q&as even when limited and seperated out. Please read through at your own pace, if you want to read them at all. And also as always, potential spoiler warning for up to around 2019 content i believe.

Reinhard:
Q: Can he tell Worcester sauce and tonkatsu sauce apart by a blessing?

A: Those two don't exist in that world, but if they existed, and there was a situation where he had to tell them apart, he'd get it. The 'Blessing of Worcester'.

Q: Can Reinhard destroy the world by himself?

A: He can destroy it. Fairly easily.

Q: Why has he received that many blessings?

A: It's often been that, as he thought he'd like one, it came drifting down.

Q: Can he receive unlimited blessings?

A: Well, I wonder. At some point he might not be able take in any more fate, and blow up.

Q: From what Julius was saying, Reinhard was amazing from when he was little, but was he fairly strong even without the Blessing of the Sword Saint? Also, around how many men's strength did he have as a child?

A: If, by 'When he was a child', you're referring to when Julius first saw him, then by that point his strength was at a level where the average royal knight couldn't take him on. Well, he wouldn't be able to defeat Julius or Commander Marcos, so in other words, he was at a level where he could defeat anyone without a name. That's without the 'Blessing of the Sword Saint'.

Q: Does he make mistakes like a normal person?

A: It depends on the definition of mistake, but even Reinhard would make a mistake with flick entry while tweeting, and make spelling mistakes in tweets. After that, he'd get the 'Blessing of Flick Entry' and it would never happen again, though.

Q: How good is his vision?

A: It's probably 10.0 or so, isn't it... (note: I think this means he has ten times better vision than the average person).

Q: Please list the top 5 people with the best eyesight (not perception) in this world.

A: Reinhard > Reid > Theresia > Shaula > 『Gluttony』

Q: Will Reinhard's blessings (cheats) continue to increase?

A: If Subaru continues to tell him pointless things, then as much as he tells him, they'll continue to increase, perhaps.

Q: Around what age did Reinhard begin to hold a sword?

A: He first held a sword around age five. Right after he held it, he defeated his father.

Q: Are the majority of his blessings inherent?

A: That's a delicate question, isn't it. At this point, I think that most of them are acquired.

Q: Does he have any blessings useful against witches?

A: There aren't any blessings that are particularly meant to take down witches. Even without that, he can defeat any of them except the 'Witch of Envy'.

Q: Is there anything that Reinhard can't do?

A: Nothing in particular. Things he can't do, he quickly becomes good at. Things that are difficult to become good at, he gets by with blessings. He multitalented.

Q: He gain gain any blessing that he feels he wants, right? Can he gain even a blessing that someone else already has?

A: From the information in the story, it may look as though that has happened, but it's never been clearly stated that's what happened. Hence, I can't give a hypothetical answer to a hypothetical question.

Q: Can Reinhard destroy the world?

A: He can.

Q: Please tell me Reinhard's weak point.

A: If I had to say, it's his connections to others. Felt has told him to improve them, as well, but it's not the sort of thing that can be improved with effort.

Q: Current number of blessings

A: Pointless, due to being too many to count, and they continue to increase as I think about it. Probably not less than a hundred.

Q: How about Od Laguna versus Reinhard?

A: Od Laguna isn’t really a lifeform with a will, so it isn’t generally hostile towards anyone. It’s similar to the sun. Reinhard would win if they fought, though.

Q: Is it possible to hit Reinhard with an attack?

A: It is possible.

Q: Is it possible to beat Reinhard at Rock-Paper-Scissors, The Game of Life, and things like that? Or is it just not possible?

A: In The Game of Life, there might be a small chance. Not at Rock-Paper-Scissors, though.

Q: Is it possible for Reinhard to cut something in half with an iron pipe?

A: He could do it with disposable chopsticks.

Q: About Reinhard and his mountain of blessings, does he himself fully grasp all of them? For that matter, does the author fully grasp all of them?

A: I don’t grasp all of them, but Reinhard does. It’s fine as long as the author knows the important ones. What’s up with that Blessing of the Flavor King, then? Are you making fun of me?

Q: Reinhard has the Blessing of First Sight and the Blessing of Second Sight, but if he was deliberately trying to be hit, could you hit him?

A: You could hit him.

Q: Even Reinhard dies if you hit him, I see. Even the strongest is not invincible, I see. It’s unexpected.

A: I don’t understand the meaning of trying to be hit by an attack and not getting hit by it, you know… In the same way, I don’t understand the meaning of trying to lose and not being able to lose, you know...

Q: Can Reinhard explain all of the blessings he has?

A: He’s aware of them, after all. He can talk about them with around the ninety-ninth sense. (Note: Possibly a Saint Seiya reference…?)

Q: Reinhard will be given any blessing he desires, but what happens if he has conflicting blessings? For example, something like the Blessing of Not Killing and the Blessing of Certain Killing.

A: When that happens, the needed blessing wins. Of course, there are no Not Killing and Certain Killing blessings.

Q: Reinhard gives the impression of being a perfect superhuman, but now that you mention it, can he not use magic? Also, isn’t there a blessing that would make him able to use magic?

A: He can’t use it. Magic is the one thing he is completely unable to use.

Q: Please tell me the mana level rankings of the people appearing in Re: Zero.

A: Reinhard is last by a large margin.

Q: Since mana and the lesser spirits are Reinhard’s allies, even though Reinhard can’t use magic himself, couldn’t he serve as a pseudo-spirit-arts-user?

A: Reinhard has lost the ability to make the lesser spirits work for him, so right from the start, he has no way to communicate with them. When the lesser spirits try to cooperate with his gestures, all of the different types of spirits say “The one he’s thanking is me!” at once, and they negate each other and start to fight. Then, as they’re weakened, they get absorbed. Their relationship is like the lesser spirits are moths, and Reinhard is a flame.

Q: What ratio of talent and effort make up the basis of Reinhard’s strength?

A: It’s 100% talent. However, it’s certainly not true that he doesn’t make an effort. It’s the kind of issue where continuing Krillin’s training method can’t take you to the level Goku was at when he fought Buu.

Q: Around what age was Reinhard when he became the strongest character?

A: He was five when he inherited the blessing, and from a foreign viewpoint, he was eight when he was forbidden to travel abroad by the "Reinhard Law", so there's no doubt that he was considered a national threat at the time he was eight. Probably around this time, right?

Q: Happy Birthday, Reinhard! Also, Happy New Year! A question: If Reinhard tried to pull an all-nighter without sleeping, how many days could he do it?

A: I thought of saying as many days as he wants, but that's too much even for him. I think he could stay up for around a week, but he's sleep like normal after that. It's just, even if you try a surprise attack when he's sleeping, a blessing would wake him up so you can't defeat him.

Q: When Reinhard receives a blessing, please tell me if he has to know the name of the blessing.

A: It's not necessary. He is sometimes given blessings that don't exist in this world, after all.

Q: For Reinhard to be able to draw his sword against someone, around whose level of strength would they be?

A: There's situations where he can't draw it even against the strongest in the various nations. At the very least, it's beyond the majority of Re: Zero characters.

Q: How many blessings does Reinhard have?

A: Enough that it's bothersome to count all of them, and it's possible that more will be added while you're counting.

Q: In a situation where all his blessings are taken away and he's dueling only with his sword skills, who could beat Reinhard? (His opponent has no blessings either)

A: Spoilers.

Q: If Reinhard entered an eating contest, could he win?

A: He couldn't. I think a blessing for winning an eating contest would be unobtainable, even for him.

Q: If Reinhard's blessings went away, around how strong would he be?

A: Even if all the little tricks were lost, he'd be about the same as he is now.

Q: In the Oboreru story, did Reinhard draw the Dragon Sword Reid while fighting Halibel?

A: No, he couldn't draw it against Halibel.

Q: Can Reinhard win even in things like rock-paper-scissors or amidakuji, and other contents of pure luck?

A: He can win. Since he knows the right answer.

Q: It seems that Reinhard gains any blessing he wants, but is it possible for him to gain a blessing that has never occurred before (in other words, a new type of blessing)?

A: It is. Since it's not Reinhard that chooses.

Q: Supposing that Reid were to face off with Reinhard, what kind of lines would Reid say?

A: "Yer interestin' and dull, punk. Don't close yer eyes, punk. There ain't nothin' on the back of yer eyelids."

Q: In a situation where Reinhard accompanied them to the tower of the dead, how much would the completion difficulty go down??

A: Reid would have gotten more into it, so the difficulty would rise.

Q: Can Reinhard walk while avoiding being hit by the rain?

Q: Even without the Dragon Sword Reid, can Reinhard defeat Satella and Reid?

A: Due to a problem of compatibility, his fight with Satella wouldn't end. Taking on Reid would be difficult, indeed. Since there's a high chance that the Dragon Sword Reid can't be drawn against Reid.

Q: If Reinhard and Reid had a serious fight with chopsticks, who would win?

A: Reinhard.

Q: In last year's questions, it was said that Reinhard could wipe out the world fairly easily, but in concrete terms, how would he do it? If that's a secret, please tell me the sort of pro-wrestling move that Reinhard would probably like.

A: The Brain Buster looks cool, so I think he'd like it.

Q: Reinhard has lots of blessings, but is there any limit to the number of blessings that one person can have? Also, at the current stage, how many blessings does Reinhard have?

A: There's no upper limit to the number of blessings. At the current stage, if you include the silly stuff too, it turns into an enormous number, so even the author hasn't decided on it. I don't think I'll pick a number in the future, either.

Q: Reinhard uses Mana in the air to make himself stronger but has he been able to do that since he was born? Will he be not able to do it in some situations?

A: Yes, Reinhard has been able to do it since birth. For situations in which he will become unable to, I will have to answer, Spoilers. (Mana Circulation Body)

Garfiel:
Q: What was the most troublesome thing that happened to Garf as a result of having the Blessing of the Earth Spirit?

A: Once he decided "I'll do squats until I'm all worn out!" and started it, he was fine for an entire week and wasn't able to stop. Otto finally prodded him into stopping. "Hey! There's limits to carrying out your original intention, you know!?"

Q: In the strength rankings for the Re: Zero world, around what place is Garfiel in!?

A: Speaking within the Kingdom of Lugunica, he's up pretty high. Looking at it from the world rankings, he's still a long way from the strongest of the various nations. I'm planning on Garfiel's hyper strongman battle series in arc seven.

Q: If Garfiel and Frederica fought for real, would it be an overwhelming victory for Garfiel??

A: It would be an overwhelming victory for Garfiel, but he would absolutely never fight for real against Frederica, so Frederica will always win their sibling brawls.

Q: In Sanctuary, I think he was basically training by himself, how did he become that strong?

A: There's a book called "The Legend of Reid Astrea", and in it there's an insane training regimen that Reid supposedly used, and he put that into practice. Incidentally, there's not a single mention in the legend's training regimen of wielding a sword.

Q: In the end, compared to now, how strong will Garf become?

A: Speaking about the end would be spoilers, so I can't.

Q: Can he use any magic besides healing magic?

A: Unfortunately, he can't. He devoted all the time he could use for magic learning to healing magic. If he were start studing now, he might be able to, but that probably wouldn't work out.

Q: Is Garfiel an attack-type shielder? (note: maybe a reference to the Fate games)

A: A~h, that way of putting it is pretty good. Indeed, that's it. Emila and Rem are berzerkers.

Q: Around how strong will Garfiel become?

A: Well now, he's the strongest shield. At the least, that's what he himself aspires to.

Q: Currently, around how strong is he?

A: Stronger than Subaru, weaker than Reinhard. An answer that doesn't help much!

Q: Garfiel was feeling down about being unable to scratch the Sword Saint, but if he trains, does he have the makings of someone in the upper strength class?

A: Honestly, Garfiel is currently already in the upper strength class. At the very least, amongst the knights for the royal selection candidates, no one except Reinhard can beat him. Let's not use Reinhard as a basis for comparison. He's like a Disgaea character that came down into the Dragon Quest world.

Q: Garfiel has put all of his magic talent into recovery magic, but what degree of training does he have in that recovery magic...? I'd be very happy if you could tell me.

A: If we think of Felis as 50, Rem as 6, and Beatrice as 8, then Garfiel's healing magic is around 10. He's around the level that when Subaru had his belly cut open in arc one, he could have healed it without trouble.

Q: Happy birthday, Garfiel! I've like him a lot for a long time now! When Garfiel is getting himself worked up before a battle or the like, what does he do?

A: He thinks "I'll knock 'em flat!!" and fills his head with the will to win. If he ran into someone who could read minds, he could beat them just by doing this.

Q: What is Garfiel's dream for the future?

A: To be "strongest". It's certain that he'll achieve it, so it's less a dream and more a goal.

Q: Garfiel has the blessing of the earth, but does this blessing have any downsides?

A: It's not something that comes up much in the world of Re: Zero, but underwater fights, mid-air fights, fights in the spirit world and such, his fighting strength would be significantly lower than normal. He always feels like the earth is solidly supporting him.

Q: They fought it out with Petelgeuse in the vicinity of the Roswaal manor, but if Garfiel (who was at Sanctuary) and Petelgeuse went at it seriously, which of them would win? If they'd know about Garfiel at that time, maybe they could have done something like leading Petelgeuse to Sanctuary.

A: He'd lose to Petelgeuse's 'Kill-on-sight' ability and die, just like normal. Or perhaps, he'd kill Petelgeuse who was possessing Subaru's body, and Petelgeuse would retreat from the battlefield, and Subaru dies but to Garfiel, it's a victory; something along those lines.

Q: Garfiel is able to beast-change, but he's unable to retain his ability to reason. Is it possible that, through training or something else, he could become able to retain his reason? I think if he could do that, he become incredibly strong. Please tell me not about a half beast-change, but the situation of a complete beast-change!

A: For Garfiel and other half-beastmen like him, the method of controlling their reasoning during a beast-change is something they learn from their parents in their childhood, but Garfiel jumped entirely past that process, so he's in the situation where he can barely control it. Incidentally, Frederica can control it perfectly, so even when beast-changed, she retains her reasoning. Clind prepared her.

Q: If Garfiel and Roswaal fought to the death, who would win? With his blessing, would it be possible that Garfiel could endure Roswaal's chaotic attack, and have his recovery keep up?

A: If he's willing to go to any length, Roswaal can assassinate most opponents, so it depends on things like the distance and the conditions. If they start close enough to touch each other, then Garfiel will certainly kill him, but if he gives Roswaal a chance to start flying, it doesn't look good for him. With Garfiel's recovery methods, if he's hit by Roswaal's spells one after another, he'll be burnt to a crisp.

Q: When Garfiel and Echidna first met at the tomb, what was his first impression of her?

A: Crap, gonna barf. -> Actually barfs.

Q: Can Garfiel use earth magic? I think that, aside from the Blessing of the Earth Spirits, I've only seen him use water magic...

A: Originally there was a chance he'd be able to use it, but he put all of his magic affinity towards recover magic, so he can't use anything besides healing magic. Just as you'd guess, it's only the "Blessing of Earth Spirits".

Q: Garfiel is now around 15, but compared to when they were 15, between him, Julius, and even Wilhelm, which was strongest?

A: If it's at age 15, it's overwhelmingly Garfiel, indeed.

Wilhelm:
Q: How strong was old man Will (Wilhelm) back in his golden age?

A: Enough to rival the successive generations of Sword Saints

Q: Between Wilhelm and Miss Elsa, which is stronger?

A: If they went at it one-on-one, I think Wilhelm would win.

Q: Wilhelm calls himself an ordinary man, but didn’t he actually have a degree of sword skill? Also, when Wilhelm made his name as the sword demon, was Theresia’s skill with the sword already perfected?

A: He’s a genius, frankly. Theresia had already gained her full strength. For the sword demon to defeat that… there’s no way he’s ordinary. It’s true that he wasn’t loved by the Sword God, though...

Q: Was Old Man Wil in his prime stronger than Theresia?

A: Well, I’m not sure. Did Wilhelm win by his tenacity, or did Theresia’s love dull her blade? I think the flowers wouldn’t say, but do you wish to be inelegant about it? (Note: ‘flowers wouldn’t say’ may be a reference to the saying ‘言わぬが花’ (Flowers speak not), roughly meaning it’s better not to say, more interesting to leave it unsaid, or something along those lines.)

Q: If Wilhelm at his strongest point, and the current Reinhard were to fight, what would happen?

A: Under the condition that they’re honestly trying to kill each other, Wilhelm would be instantly killed.

Q: The strength of the golden age Wilhelm-san is said to be enough to match successive generations of Sword Saints but then, is it okay to recognize that only Reinhard is outstanding among the Sword Saints?

A: Reinhard > Reid >>> Wilhelm (power of love) > successive Sword Saints (Theresia)>normal young Wilhelm >> old Wilhelm is what it looks like.

Q: Will we see a strong weirdo who fights only with their honed body, and not blessings or magic?

A: He’s not a weirdo, but Wilhelm is that sort.

Q: Wilhelm was moving in superhuman ways while wielding his sword, is that done with magic or using magic power? If it’s not, could Subaru move like that if he trained with the sword for decades?

A: Warriors use the mana in their bodies to support them in combat, sort of like fighting spirit. It’s not done consciously, more like the mana responds to what they want to do. So, although Subaru could manage a certain level of it, he doesn’t love the sword enough to throw half his life into it, and he wasn’t blessed with sword talent, so it’s probably impossible. Wilhelm humbly says that he lacks any talent, but a person with no talent could not have defeated a Master Swordsman through effort alone. In this world, differences because of inborn talent are fairly severe.

Q: In a comparison purely of swordsmanship, which of Wilhelm in his prime and Cecilus would be stronger?

A: I'd like to say that they'd be evenly matched. Since Cecilus is really strong.

Q: I thought of this while reading Ayamatsu, but if Subaru were to Return by Death, would he have a chance to win [against Wilhelm]?

A: If it doesn't have to be a face-to-face fair fight, then Reinhard is pretty much the only one Subaru can't beat.

Q: Like Cecilus, Wilhelm-san is a person who gave everything to the sword, but it feels like Cecilus is stronger. If Wilhelm-san didn't have Theresia-san, would he have turned out about as strong as he did? Or was he about the same strength back in his prime? Is Cecilus only strong because of his magic sword?

A: They only differ in the way they became strong, and if Wilhelm hadn't met Theresia he'd die partway through the civil war, so that would be the end of his path. The current route where Wilhelm met Theresia is the one where he's strongest. There's no particular reason why Cecilus is strong. It's the sort of reasoning where tigers are strong because they're tigers.

Q: Between Wilhelm-san in his prime, and the current Julius, which is stronger?

A: It's Wilhelm-san.

Q: Please tell me the strength ranking out of Wilhelm, Ricardo, Julius, Elsa, and Roswaal!

A: At short range it's Wilhelm, at long range it's Roswaal, in overall strength it's Julius, in tenacity it's Elsa, in vitality it's Ricardo, so out of these five, the victory changes depending on the conditions.

Q: Wilhelm-san said that he had no talent with the sword, but can you become that strong simply through effort?

A: You can't. Wilhelm-san was simply comparing himself to someone who was too strong, and he's humble. There's no question he's a genius.

Q: In a head-on swordfight with no blessings, in his prime, would he have been the strongest?

A: If you mean in that era, he'd be classed the strongest, but if it's about all of Re: Zero then there's Reinhard and Reid, so it's impossible.

Q: Between Wilhelm in his prime and Reinhard, which is stronger?

A: It's overwhelmingly Reinhard. Compared to Reinhard, everyone turns out like that.

Theresia:
Q: Comparing Old Man Wil’s line from Arc 3, chapter 58, “I find it hard to believe this mabeast got the better of my wife, a Sword Saint.” and his Arc 5, chapter 45 line “The Sword God looked away from her in the middle of a battle, and she was left with no choice but to carry on as a normal woman.”, the first seems to carry the nuance that she was fighting with a blessing, and second seems to carry the nuance that she lost the blessing in the middle of a battle. What can you tell us about this? Sorry it’s long.

A: The blessing was taken away in the middle of a battle. However, even without the Blessing of the Sword Saint, Theresia is a monster.

Q: Is the affinity bad between the Sword Saint and the White Whale?

A: Not particularly, there isn’t such a thing as an opponent that the Sword Saint has a bad affinity with. You will understand what happened to Theresia-san before long.

Q: I saw your response “The Sword Saints aren’t the strongest, Reinhard is the strongest.” previously, but is there a particular reason that you made Reinhard that strong, compared to the rest of the Sword Saints? Also, is it not only Reinhard, but all the Sword Saints, who are undefeated and the strongest in the world?

A: Theresia lost, ya know?

Q: If there's an episode with Heinkel, I'd like you have you tell us about it.

A: When Heinkel was insisting that he would be the next "Sword Saint", and inherit the famed sword "Astrea" that Wilhelm held, Thearesia would gently tell him "There's no need to be in such a hurry.", as she could see his skill with the sword.

Q: How does Thearesia's strength compare to Reinhard's?

A: She'd lose in one blow.

Q: If Theresia had trained with the sword would she have gotten even stronger? Or had she reached the upper limit of strength the moment the Blessing of the Sword Saint was bestowed?

A: In terms of sword skill, that's the upper limit of strength. However, the more one battles, the more one gains the thing called experience, so I think the "Ability to Respond" could be gained and change her actual strength. In a fight between the truly strong, that's what becomes the bottleneck. Reinhard is a separate matter.

Q: If Theresia fought with Cecilus, who would win?

A: That's a very delicate question, isn't it. Theresia has no experience with fighting with an equal and being pressured, so I think Theresia would lose due to the difference in experience.

Q: Out of the Sword Saints, around how strong is Theresia?

A: Around the upper part of the middle. Stronger than the predecessor, her uncle, perhaps.

Q: Theresia's first words on meeting Reinhard.

A: "You are Reinhard, a child blessed by your family. Please remember that before you learn about the world."

Q: I'd like you so speak about her feeling when Reinhard was born!

A: She was joyful like normal, but at the same time she could tell at a glance that "A child that could destroy the world has been born", so she prayed that "Please, let this child have healthy, peaceful days.". Two years later, her son's bride became unable to wake from sleep.

Q: If she'd been able to use her full power, would Theresia have been able to defeat the White Whale?

A: Honestly, the White Whale can kill anyone the first time around, so it's one thing if she was operating alone, but with her attention being taken by trying to protect the members of the subjugation force from the fog, I think she probably couldn't win.

Q: In her Sword Saint era, how many swords did her sword style use at once?

A: There's no need to use more than one, so I think she was one-sword-style. Rather than using two swords, she'd swing it twice as fast, wouldn't she?

Q: Out of Sword Demon Wilhelm, Sword Saint Theresia, and Sword Saint Reinhard, who is strongest?

A: In the world of Re: Zero, no matter who you're comparing, once Reinhard shows up, it's Reinhard. Reinhard > "Sword Demon" > Theresia.

Q: In the case that Reinhard-san was cut by Theresia's "Blessing of the Reaper", what kind of Blessing would he take care of it with?

A: He couldn't take care of it. Once the "Blessing of the Reaper" has started operating, it's over. Perhaps with spirits endlessly continuing to heal his injury, or dying once and resetting his body with "Blessing of the Phoenix", the effect of "Blessing of the Reaper" could be ended.

Q: Between Theresia and Segmunt, who is stronger?

A: The white side will win. Sorry, it's not white. The blue side. Cecilus Segmunt wins.

Q: Reid was called a club-wielder or something, but did he practice with a club?

A: He was able to cut down low-level dragons with a club.

Q: The Sword Saints are supposedly the strongest, so why were they unable to defeat the Witch of Envy, Satella?

A: The Sword Saints aren’t the strongest, Reinhard is the strongest. Also, though it wasn’t a one-on-one fight, the Witch was defeated by the first Sword Saint.

Julius:
Q: About how strong is Marcos?

A: Stronger than Julius.

Q: Julius is able to work with all types of spirits, but does that mean that he has all the magic affinities then? Will we see this in Arc 5?

A: Rather than saying he has all the magic affinities, it’s more like the quasi-spirits that travel with him are able to use those magics for him. Julius’ own affinities are mostly wind and water, you see.

Q: Julius’ Clarista was made up of six colors of magic, but is that something he came up with himself? Or is there a person or book that instructed him in six-color magic?

A: People who can use six colors are rare, but Clarista itself is not so much his own original work as his trump card. I think Roswaal would be able to do something similar, but it wouldn’t work the same way. He put it together in honor of the hero of his childhood fairy tales.

Q: I dreamed that Reinard and Julius were drinking alcohol. Do the two of them drink?

A: Julius enjoys it, but Reinhard is completely unable to get drunk, so he only drinks on social occasions.

Q: What swordsman has Julius made his goal?

A: Reid.

Q: About Julius after he's had his records deleted, how have the other characters had their memories modified of their earlier interactions with him?

A: Essentially, as the author, I think it's like the way you don't look back at the fact that you don't remember something. Hence, they never reach the action of recalling their memories before they were altered. In situations where there's a reason do delve into it (like Subaru's influence), that's when they first realize that their memories have become clouded; it's that sort of mental image.

Q: Before encountering the Archbishop of Sloth, had he encountered any of the other archbishops or something?

A: He hadn't. Archbishops are rare encounters, and when normal people encounter an archbishop, they die, after all.

Q: Between Julius and Wilhelm before his training, which is stronger?

A: I get the feeling that it changes depending on what you mean by 'before his training'; are you perhaps referring to when, in "Sword Demon's Love Song" when he disappeared for two years after learning Theresia was the "Sword Saint"? Either way, it's Wilhelm.

Q: If Julius had the Blessing of the Sword Saint, how would that turn out?

A: Nothing would come of it. "Blessing of the Sword Saint" simply draws out your skill with the sword. If your skill could go up to 1000, then in a moment, your skill is 1000. If your skill could go up to 10, then in a moment, your skill is 10, that's all. Julius has, under his own power, reached the limit of his skill in the sword, so he wouldn't become any stronger than he is now.

Q: Among the knights, around how strong is Julius?

A: He's third. First is Reinhard, second is Marcos.

Roswaal:
Q: I’m confident that Ros-chi can use Finger Flare Bombs and Betan, but can he use Medoroa? (note: spells from the Dragon Quest series)

A: If he’s in the Heaven-Earth Magic War stance, it’ll work, yeah. (note: also a Dragon Quest reference)

Q: It was stated that experience points are dependent on the body, so Subaru can’t use Return by Death to become stronger, but does Ros-chi also reset his experience points when he changes bodies? It seems odd that long-lived Roswaal can’t use healing magic, but is it a problem not of experience, but of aptitude?

A: Roswaal’s magic is a problem of aptitude. Also, experience points don’t reset in his case. Subaru really has no talent. Not even a little.

Q: Between the original Roswaal and the current Roswaal, which is stronger?

A: It’s the current Roswaal.

Q: It seems to me like Roswaal, who can manipulate even the weather, could have defeated the Great Rabbit, but setting aside that he didn’t intend to defeat the Great Rabbit, could he have won?

A: To defeat all of them, if he fought without taking the damage to the surroundings into consideration, and turned everything into scorched earth, perhaps it’s not impossible he could have won. There’s a small chance he might have lost to their numbers, and run out of mana without being able to destroy them all. I really didn’t think of any way to win besides Al Shamac, hmm.

Q: I think that Roswaal, who was able to make it snow over all of Sanctuary’s area, would have been able to freeze all the Great Rabbits at once and defeat them, but setting aside if he would have done that, in terms of raw power, could Roswaal defeat the Great Rabbit?

A: On the condition that he draws the Great Rabbit into a well-prepared area, it’s possible. There’s no guarantee that none of them have gotten away, so whether he can kill all of them is a different matter. It would work if he uses Subaru as a lure.

Q: If he had one-on-one fights with the archbishops, who could he beat? Is Petelgeuse an easy win?

A: In one-on-one fights with the archbishops, they're all specialized in 'Killing at First Sight', so not just Roswaal, but everyone would lose to them. Against the archbishops, no one besides 'Subaru' and 'Reinhard' can win without a serious difference in compatibility.

Q: In arc four, it was revealed that Roswaal (L)-san is also capable of unarmed fighting, but is he also capable of martial arts that use weapons and such...?

A: Arc seven. (This came true)

Q: If it's just hand-to-hand combat, who is stronger between he and Garfiel?

A: That'll be Garfiel. Overwhelmingly.

Q: What kind of people has he had children with? Sorry for the direct expression.

A: At the time of L, it was to have a body with the best suitability for magic. In other words, he takes the shortest route towards his purpose.

Q: In order to leave behind descendants, what standard does Roswaal use for selecting children?

A: When it was time for L, it was in order to produce a child with the greatest suitability for magic.

Q: Roswaal is able to fly, but how fast is his maximum speed?

A: I haven't thought about it much, but I have the impression that it would have to be faster than a ground dragon, so it's probably over 100 km/h. He might be a good match for a flying dragon.

Q: When Rem died at the mansion, if he'd fought with Beatrice how would that have turned out?

A: Inside the mansion, Beatrice would give him quite a good fight, but since Roswaal didn't intend to kill Beatrice, and once Subaru fled Beatrice stopped trying to buy time, it seems like the fight is undecided.

Q: Please tell me if, when Roswaal possesses his descendants, they inherit all his talent in magic, etc.

A: No, they don't inherit it. He brings along his knowledge, so he rebuilds from step one. Despite that, so as to make it become easier, he's chosen his bloodlines to improve his aptitude.

Q: Is Roswaal's combat strength at a level where he could fight with witch cult archbishops? (Setting aside compatibility)

A: I can't really follow the thinking of setting aside compatibility in combat (people with characteristic abilities include their characteristic ability when thinking about combat), but if they fought cleanly, all the archbishops except Regulus would be burned and ended. Of course, the archbishops aren't so reckless as to fight until they die against an opponent they can't defeat.

Q: If Roswaal correctly grasped that Subaru's power is Return by Death, how would that turn out?

A: I think that it would have him being killed a lot, but "That won't happen.".

Q: Is there a magic that he had the most difficulty acquiring?

A: There's no affinity that he's not suitable for, so there's basically no magic that Roswaal had difficulty acquiring. It's just that, because he just can't manage to learn healing magic, so he struggled to learn it but was unable to do so...that sort of situation. He probably enjoyed teaching Rem, and seeing her learn it.

Q: If Roswaal had been there, would taking the Pleiades Tower have been easier?

A: If Phantom (note: Metal Gear reference?) had lost his memory, and a suspicious man wearing clown makeup appeared before him, what do you think? Does that seem like it would be easier?

Q: How does the true strength of the first Roswaal compare with characters that have appeared so far?

A: It's around Emilia.

Q: I'm always enjoying reading Re: Zero. Is there any magic or something that Roswaal has modified and newly made? If there is, I'd like you to tell me the strongest spell. Please keep on doing your best with the writing!

A: There's lots of them, but Roswaal didn't bother attaching his name, or he made up a spell to match the atmosphere of the moment and fired it off, so it's difficult. In episode seven of the anime, when it looks like he was about to fight with Beatrice, he had four colors of mana floating above his hands, and that was probably an extremely strong spell.

Q: Between the original Roswaal and the current Roswaal, which of their magic affinity and strength was greater?

A: The current Roswaal is overwhelmingly higher. The original was quite a genius, but the current Roswaal has arranged his bloodline to become the strongest.

Q: If Roswaal was to destroy the world, how long would it take?

A: Reinhard would get in the way, so it would be impossible. Not just for Roswaal, it would be impossible for anyone.

Q: Between the original Roswaal and the current Roswaal, which is stronger?

A: The current Roswaal is overwhelmingly stronger.

Info From a Re: Zero Talkshow Held in 2018, Roswaal can use lightning magic, though it's classified as wind magic. To be more specific about the Lightning Magic, there is no Lightning Attribute, but people like Roswaal can use it by combining wind with different attributes.

Echidna:
Q: What style of fighting does she use?

A: Sorry, spoiler. It's pretty cool.

Q: Around how strong is Echidna?

A: She's up there with the strongest, but if Reinhard is there, she won't even slow him down. Reinhard is just too useful, hmm. She'd be a good match for a serious Roswaal.

Q: The wisdom that she possesses, is that something that was born from the Authority of Greed? Or is it her own creation?

A: It's closer to being something that popped out from the Authority, yes. It's not something that she desired to create, more that the Authority itself has a tendency to reflect the cravings of the holder of the Witch Factor, so it's more correct to say that it turned out like that even if she didn't want it.

Q: I'd like to know how Echidna fights. In other words, is it like she uses magic like Roswaal does if he's serious?

A: That's right. Basically, Echidna can use all the magic that exists in the world. For the most part, only Roswaal, who has all six magic affinities, could do that, but Echidna has the same level of power. She's the sole magic user who can do the same thing, that sort of feeling.

Q: There are around four kinds of Echidna, but do you think of them all separately, just like that? Or are Omega and Graveyard Echidna the same?

A: Omega and Graveyard Echidna are the same.

Q: Are the Books of Wisdom that Echidna gave to Roswaal and Beako something produced by the Authority of Greed?

A: You could say that they are, and you could say that they aren't.

Q: The effect of vomiting on seeing Echidna; is that a mana sickness sort of thing? Also, would normal people also vomit on seeing Professor Echidna?

A: They wouldn't vomit for Professor Echidna. Vomiting on seeing Echidna is an instinctive sort of thing. Basically it's a sanity point check. (note: Call of Cthulhu game reference)

Q: Is it alright to think of the Books of Wisdom as something produced by Echidna's Witch Factor; in other words, the Books of Wisdom themselves are born from her thirst for knowledge? If it's a spoiler, there's no need to answer...!

A: That sounds about right. She doesn't want to use them, despite that they came from her.

Q: I was surprised because having a birthday is so unlike Echidna...congratulations. Is Echidna's tea party dimension in arc four a pseudo hall of memories based on arc six's hall of memories? Or is it a different alternate dimension? Is there some relation?

A: The basic principle is similar.

Q: Is Echidna aware of the existence of the current archbishops?

A: She was aware of some, and unaware of others, but after leaving the grave, she's aware of them all.

Q: Why do people who look at Echidna vomit?

A: A threat to their life is standing before their eyes, so their whole body cramps up in fear of it.

Q: Sorry about your flu! Please pardon a question! Can Echidna kill Emilia?

A: That's a good question! I don't know the answer!

Q: Echidna is Roswaal's instructor in magic, but is there any magic or anything that the current Roswaal can't use?

A: No. The current Roswaal has reached Echidna's level.

Q: Has Echidna ever been so caught up in magic research that she forgot to eat or sleep? It seems she lacks stamina, so maybe she'd collapse or something.

A: Echidna doesn't to magic research and such. If she thinks it, she can do it, so there's no need to worry about trying to make it take form. But, she does lack stamina.

Q: Is Omega able to use the authorities of the other witches?

A: That's impossible, even for her.

Q: Out of the witches, what place would Echidna be in terms of strength?

A: Around fifth place, wasn't it?

Q: Supposing that Echidna were to bestow her authority on Subaru, what would happen?

A: Authorities aren't really something that witches bestow, so that wouldn't happen.

Q: 400 years ago, did Echidna hold tea parties with regular people?

A: Regular people vomit when they see Echidna, so even Echidna probably wouldn't want to drink tea in that environment.

Q: In terms of fighting ability, Echidna is around whose level?

A: Around Roswaal.

Q: If Echidna and Regulus were to have an argument, who would win?

A: I don't know why everyone's trying to pair up Echidna and Regulus-san, but Regulus-san will strike with his hand before his mouth, you know that.

Q: How do the books of wisdom appear? Do they just 'pop' and show up all by themselves?

A: My mental image of it is sort of like Greed Island where they show up when you say 'Book!'.

Q: What magic affinity was Donadona suited to? Was it shadow, as you'd expect.....

A: Echidna has all of them.

Q: Around how high is Echidna's suitability to magic?

A: Out of all the characters appearing, she's at the maximum. About the same as Roswaal.

Q: If Echidna and Regulus-san were, for example, to have a conversation, how would that go?

A: Regulus-san would lose his temper right away, so there's no way he could hold a conversation, Echidna would be blown to bits, and that would be the end.

Q: If the witches held and arm-wrestling contest, around what place would she come in?

A: She's weak. She'd be a good match for Carmilla, and only Typhon would be below her.

Q: Is there any magic Echidna is able to use that the current Roswaal cannot? If so, what sort of magic is it?

A: There isn't.

Q: What magic affinity does Echidna have?

A: Echidna has suitability for all magic affinities.

Q: Does Echidna have any combat options besides her authority and magic?

A: She doesn't have any, and she doesn't need any.

Q: I'd like you so speak about her feeling when Reinhard was born!

A: She was joyful like normal, but at the same time she could tell at a glance that "A child that could destroy the world has been born", so she prayed that "Please, let this child have healthy, peaceful days.". Two years later, her son's bride became unable to wake from sleep.
Wow 🗿
Tappei, the comedy genius

Q: Does he make mistakes like a normal person?
A: It depends on the definition of mistake, but even Reinhard would make a mistake with flick entry while tweeting, and make spelling mistakes in tweets. After that, he'd get the 'Blessing of Flick Entry' and it would never happen again, though

I need somebody to add this to his profile, bro has a built in auto correct

Q: Can Reinhard destroy the world?

Still wonder how long it would take

Q: Is it possible for Reinhard to cut something in half with an iron pipe?
A: He could do it with disposable chopsticks

So he can do the same thing Reid does but not on the same level as him. We can add this in the skill blog as more evidence of Reid>Reinhard in skill

Q: In a situation where all his blessings are taken away and he's dueling only with his sword skills, who could beat Reinhard? (His opponent has no blessings either)
A: Spoilers

This is probably talking about Reid, another thing(?) That can possibly be added to the skill blog

Q: Can Reinhard win even in things like rock-paper-scissors or amidakuji, and other contents of pure luck?
A: He can win. Since he knows the right answer

Another point which can be added in his godly instinct para

Q: In a situation where Reinhard accompanied them to the tower of the dead, how much would the completion difficulty go down??
A: Reid would have gotten more into it, so the difficulty would rise

Another point which can be added in the skill blog since we know Reinhard>Reid in power which means that Reid can in fact fight with stronger opponents

Q: If Reinhard and Reid had a serious fight with chopsticks, who would win?
A: Reinhard

Reinhard has superior chopsticks

Q: Garfiel was feeling down about being unable to scratch the Sword Saint, but if he trains, does he have the makings of someone in the upper strength class?
A: Honestly, Garfiel is currently already in the upper strength class. At the very least, amongst the knights for the royal selection candidates, no one except Reinhard can beat him. Let's not use Reinhard as a basis for comparison. He's like a Disgaea character that came down into the Dragon Quest world

Julius and Wilhelm cant actually defeat him in battle even with Wilhelm's major skill difference

Q: Currently, around how strong is he?

A: Stronger than Subaru, weaker than Reinhard. An answer that doesn't help much!

Too bad for you Tappei, thats enough for me. Give Garfiel resistance to shamak, dura neg resistance by minya, Space-time manipulation via EMM and magic negation resistance by EMT!!

Q: Garfiel has put all of his magic talent into recovery magic, but what degree of training does he have in that recovery magic...? I'd be very happy if you could tell me.
A: If we think of Felis as 50, Rem as 6, and Beatrice as 8, then Garfiel's healing magic is around 10. He's around the level that when Subaru had his belly cut open in arc one, he could have healed it without trouble

We should probably upgrade his healing, its severeky underrated here

Q: Happy birthday, Garfiel! I've like him a lot for a long time now! When Garfiel is getting himself worked up before a battle or the like, what does he do?
A: He thinks "I'll knock 'em flat!!" and fills his head with the will to win. If he ran into someone who could read minds, he could beat them just by doing this

Supernatural willpower and mind manipulation resistance?

Q: Garfiel is now around 15, but compared to when they were 15, between him, Julius, and even Wilhelm, which was strongest?

A: If it's at age 15, it's overwhelmingly Garfiel, indeed

He can beat people on a whole another level of skill to the point where just looking at it shivers his timbers but he can still beat them

Q: Theresia's first words on meeting Reinhard.

A: "You are Reinhard, a child blessed by your family. Please remember that before you learn about the world."

Well this became oddly ironic....

A: He couldn't take care of it. Once the "Blessing of the Reaper" has started operating, it's over. Perhaps with spirits endlessly continuing to heal his injury, or dying once and resetting his body with "Blessing of the Phoenix", the effect of "Blessing of the Reaper" could be ended

This implies that Reinhard wouldn't die from the reaper blessing but he would just keep on bleeding, shouldnt he have immortality type 3 then?

Last edited:
Q: Julius’ Clarista was made up of six colors of magic, but is that something he came up with himself? Or is there a person or book that instructed him in six-color magic?
A: People who can use six colors are rare, but Clarista itself is not so much his own original work as his trump card. I think Roswaal would be able to do something similar, but it wouldn’t work the same way. He put it together in honor of the hero of his childhood fairy tales

Al Clarista isnt his trump card meaning he is likely to use it in combat, this should be added to his standard battle tactics section

Q: What kind of people has he had children with? Sorry for the direct expression.
A: At the time of L, it was to have a body with the best suitability for magic. In other words, he takes the shortest route towards his purpose

It seems like he gave up his J physique to make up for it by having higher magic power of the same level

@SatellaTheWoE I'm NGL I can't help but think you are purposefully making matches that are either very one-sided or straight up stomps in a Re:Zero characters favor.
That's a heavy accusation. Especially when looking at their recent matches there are quite a few where the ReZero character straight-up loses like Wilhelm vs Kirto and Shadow vs Reinhard and quite a few matches where debate is pretty split. That feels unfair to claim just because one match was a complete stomp (which he didn't seem to realize).

Back