• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Re:Creators CRT #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Space-Time Manipulation comes from this aspect as explained by ExecutorN0 above in his comment where Sanzensekai is in reference to all worlds. Matter of fact even Deagonx agreed with it.

As for void and chaos Manipulation, It is exactly as Planck69 pointed out and so did everyone else including Fujiwara too here:
Okay, but it'd be better if -- instead of quoting users -- you quoted evidence. Fuji is mistaken, this realm isn't an endless void. Or at the very least there are no scans in the blog calling it that.

Second, if it is a void, it cannot be spatiotemporal. If it is spatiotemporal, it cannot be a void. We literally cannot be granting all three of these abilities for the same realm.

Talking solely of the Void Manipulation (since that seems to be the core point of contention), this scan and its translation from the blog itself seem clear enough to me.

image.png

Also, respectfully, it's one thing to defend judgement or decisions on a post. It's another for Deagonx to pester other staff about their votes on a thread. Me not wanting to deal with him isn't "not meeting expectations".

I'm doing this cause I want to get back to my evening. I do hope this nonsense of hyper analysing every single agreement cause one staff can't handle a majority doesn't become common.
Also respectfully, Deagon seeing replies that are vague isn't pestering. Concern ought to be had, especially on upgrades where one finds issues themselves. I don't mean to interrupt your evening- this website will, of course, be here tomorrow if you wished to wait. But I'm trying to say that scrutiny, even sometimes to the point of extremes, is a good thing. It is, in fact, a great thing- perhaps the only thing our wiki may use to survive.

Now: I don't think I would agree with Void Manipulation for that scan alone. Furthermore, Deagon does make a valid point- it being a void destroys evidence of it being a proper normal spacetime, as that is very specifically the antithesis of a void. There is factually something wrong with this CRT there. I can try to look through the evidence provided later.

@Eseseso I will take you to the RVRT myself if you can't contain yourself. Act like an adult or leave.

Okay, but it'd be better if -- instead of quoting users -- you quoted evidence. Fuji is mistaken, this realm isn't an endless void. Or at the very least there are no scans in the blog calling it that.

Second, if it is a void, it cannot be spatiotemporal. If it is spatiotemporal, it cannot be a void. We literally cannot be granting all three of these abilities for the same realm.
Fuji is not mistaken and neither is Planck69 and others in pointing out the fact that a realm where nothing can exist (including forms, meaning, shadows, etc) and where reason returns to chaos implies that the realm itself is a Void realm of Chaos.

Also good job strawmanning. No where in this entire thread does Space-Time Manipulation is stated to come creating this realm. It comes from Ionion Aphoria's statement of Warping Sanzensekai which I have elaborated here and further elaborated by ExecutorN0 here. Matter of fact you agreed with giving the feat Space-Time Manipulation here too.

Also respectfully, Deagon seeing replies that are vague isn't pestering. Concern ought to be had, especially on upgrades where one finds issues themselves. I don't mean to interrupt your evening- this website will, of course, be here tomorrow if you wished to wait. But I'm trying to say that scrutiny, even sometimes to the point of extremes, is a good thing. It is, in fact, a great thing- perhaps the only thing our wiki may use to survive.
All well and good. Questioning Lonkitt's, and by extent the rest of the staff that evaluated here, judgement on these threads, less so. That was my core issue. That we're somehow avoiding judgement of the posts when it's really just that we're not beholden to getting another staff's approval for our own decisions.
Now: I don't think I would agree with Void Manipulation for that scan alone. Furthermore, Deagon does make a valid point- it being a void destroys evidence of it being a proper normal spacetime, as that is very specifically the antithesis of a void. There is factually something wrong with this CRT there. I can try to look through the evidence provided later.
That's fine. My agreement (to space-time manipulation) is largely in part to Executor's comment on the matter. That part I can see how one would have an issue with it though, so I suppose a response from OP about it would be good. All the same, my vote for it isn't really changed.

Fuji is not mistaken and neither is Planck69 and others in pointing out the fact that a realm where nothing can exist (including forms, meaning, shadows, etc) and where reason returns to chaos implies that the realm itself is a Void realm of Chaos.
The scan does not say "nothing can exist." It says: “There is no figure, no meaning. Not even a shadow exists.”
The word "can" isn't present in the raws. You added that yourself.

Also good job strawmanning. No where in this entire thread does Space-Time Manipulation is stated to come creating this realm. It comes from Ionion Aphoria's statement of Warping Sanzensekai which I have elaborated here and further elaborated by ExecutorN0 here. Matter of fact you agreed with giving the feat Space-Time Manipulation here too.
The reference to "sanzensekai" is literally part of the chant for the same ability. In other words, the evidence for spacetime manip and void manip are different sentences in the same activation chant of an ability which BFRs someone to an empty infinite space. So, no, if the realm is a void it can't be spacetime manip, and if it's a spacetime it can't be void manip.

Arguably neither of these are spacetime manip or void manip as, upon closer inspection of the raws (prompted by altered translations that I noticed), the scans don't even say Selesia creates this space, she makes the gate to it appear. I am not even sure it would qualify as void manip even if it were a void, because BFRing someone to a void doesn't mean you have void manip.

I also can't tell what the basis for time manipulation is.

Last edited:

He stated that he agreed with Space-Time Manip, yeah. He doesn't agree with Void Manip, is the thing.

All well and good. Questioning Lonkitt's, and by extent the rest of the staff that evaluated here, judgement on these threads, less so. That was my core issue. That we're somehow avoiding judgement of the posts when it's really just that we're not beholden to getting another staff's approval for our own decisions.
You aren't beholden to another mod, no. I spoke to another administrator about a similar matter on calculations, however, as I had asked an unnamed calc group member to talk to me about a calc and what their positions on it actually meant (there was some vagueness in their evaluation), and I was simply told no. In the face of vagueness, we came to the conclusion, the evaluation may as well not even exist, and can't really be justifiably used. On a calc, if you refuse to elaborate, it may as well be that you didn't evaluate to begin with. Now, that matter solved itself, but I find myself seeing this philosophy in thread evaluations as well- I do strongly believe that elaboration is and can only be a good thing, presuming both parties act in good faith. So I think it is essentially always a good thing to talk about why you think the way you do, when you have the time of course.

I don't mean to come off as pushy in that regard. I've also not practiced what I preached in the past- I'm trying to be stricter on myself as well, here.

That's fine. My agreement (to space-time manipulation) is largely in part to Executor's comment on the matter. That part I can see how one would have an issue with it though, so I suppose a response from OP about it would be good. All the same, my vote for it isn't really changed.
I respect that. I won't pretend to understand Buddhist teachings, so perhaps my disagreement on the matter of space-time and void manip is compromised- as I said, I'll try to take a deeper look later. Your evaluation is fine, I feel that your explanation was satisfactory.

Have a nice evening, if you're able.

I'll clarify, I meant to say "Spatial Manipulation." In that post I said Time Manip needs evidence. Creating a realm (to be clear though, again, the scans don't say she creates it) that is a spacetime doesn't constitute Time Manip unto itself, so that should be removed unless there is an argument to be made for her having the ability to manipulate time. In addition to the fact that I'm just sort of taking it for granted that this realm has time.

Acausality (Types 2 & 4; In the same section of the blog, I have explained how the creations are characters that have been plucked out from their respective stories and are not bound by their narrative yoke/causality as well as constraints of their worlds while also being independent of the events happening in their stories in past, present, and future)
Oh, also. I meant to get to this. This isn't acausality. They were bound by narrative constraints in the lower reality that don't exist in the real world. These are the descriptions of the abilities you're assigning:

Type 2: Temporal Singularity: Characters with this type of Acausality do not exist in either the past or the future, only the present. This means they cannot be affected by changes to the past, while also making them resistant to Precognition that works by viewing the future, as they do not exist within it, and Fate Manipulation, for the same reason. In essence, they are able to choose their own fates, but they remain just as vulnerable at the point in time in which they do exist.

Type 4: Irregular Causality: Characters with this type of Acausality operate on a different and irregular system of cause and effect than regular causality. This grants them resistance to abilities such as Causality Manipulation, Fate Manipulation, and Precognition, among others.

I don't think any of the information you've provided suggests that this is true of these characters. It seems fairly clear, in fact, that their operate with typical causality in the real world. Any causal wackiness is within the relationship between two realms themselves, not a power of the characters.

If they had Type 2, for instance, we'd have to believe that a character with Precog wouldn't be able to predict their movements. I don't see how anything in the blog supports such an interpretation. For Type 4, similarly, I can't see why causality manip and precog wouldn't work on them.

Type 2 is a bit flawed due to
Characters with this type of Acausality do not exist in either the past or the future, only the present.
There is not much evidence to say that they only exist in the present only, at most in the past and not in the future, because their entire plot and future narrative depends on their creators and the acceptance of the audience, so I would limit their existence to only past and present, although I doubt that affecting the past would work because they are already free from the narrative of their world and are only influenced by the power of the audience aka Imaginative Force.

Imo Altair and Sirius should qualify completely, Sirius being a similar existence to Altair in terms of physiology and Altair not existing/belong/no having any background in any history, there is no past or present for her. And to add, Altair precog didn't work on Sirius.

And with Type 4 acausality here I have to disagree with Deagon, since the creations are not bound by Yoke/Casuality of their respective worlds, but these worlds (I can't say much since there will be a next CRT where they are included) are not simple 2-D worlds, they are parallel universes/different realities, the real world refers to the world of the creators, the reality for the creations is like the reality for those of the world of the gods/creators.

Furthermore, they are not governed by the rules of the real world/world of the creators/world of the gods, they are governed by the restorative force of the world that makes everything have reason in the world of the gods that is directly under the influence of the imaginative force that is directly generated by the abyss which is a world that exists beyond the world of gods, so it is not an anti-feat that something that completely transcends them can rule over them, the mere fact that they have been freed from the Yoke/narrative causality of their world is enough to assume Type 4, characters like Altair EoS that transcend the world of the gods and the imaginative Force would qualify for a higher degree of Acausality and even type 5 due to completely transcend the whole verse including Yoke, Imaginative Force, Etc, but that is for when Altair's CRT is proposed.

Type 2:
although I doubt that affecting the past would work because they are already free from the narrative of their world and are only influenced by the power of the audience aka Imaginative Force.
Well, moreover, I don't think we have good reason to believe that their causality in the real world is atypical.
Imo Altair and Sirius should qualify completely, Sirius being a similar existence to Altair in terms of physiology and Altair not existing/belong/no having any background in any history, there is no past or present for her.
I think this is a stretch. Altair may not have a pre-written backstory (and thus, her narrative needn't adhere to preset guidelines of characterization) but I don't believe this is a sufficient to say, for instance, that if a week passes by her actions for the past week no longer "exist in the past" or that she doesn't exist in the future.
And to add, Altair precog didn't work on Sirius.
Can I see the scan for this? It isn't in the blog.

Type 4:
Since the creations are not bound by Yoke/Casuality of their respective worlds, but these worlds (I can't say much since there will be a next CRT where they are included) are not simple 2-D worlds, they are parallel universes/different realities, the real world refers to the world of the creators, the reality for the creations is like the reality for those of the world of the gods/creators.
Right, that's my point in saying that. The only manner in which they have changed, relative to causality, is that they are no longer bound to the narrative. Their existence in the real world shouldn't be thought of as having irregular causality. Or at least, I haven't seen a good reason for thinking that.
the mere fact that they have been freed from the Yoke/narrative causality of their world is enough to assume Type 4,
I don't see in what way they have atypical causality. In the lower world they were essentially being subjected to Plot Manip, and now they aren't, but their causality isn't different.

Edit: I could see a case being made for "possible resistance to plot manipulation" but not acausality.

The scan does not say "nothing can exist." It says: “There is no figure, no meaning. Not even a shadow exists.”
The word "can" isn't present in the raws. You added that yourself.
You do realize that Colloquial Translations and Literal Translations are not the same, yes? If I had to make literal translations, I would have simply used online translators instead of using the help of a (former) translation helper of the wiki offsite to translate them. Because if I did, I would obviously end up with literal translations that are faulty as shown here, here, and here, where "Sanzensekai" is translated Literally as "Three Thousand Worlds" instead of "All of Creation" as it states in my blog, which is what context entails as explained twice in this thread by ExecutorN0. So that was a bold move on your part accusing me of adding stuff when it's up to the best of the knowledge of the translators to translate the text as they seem fit with the context. Furthermore, I asked both ExecutorN0 and Chasekillen offsite regarding the correctness of my translation and they agreed it is fine. Though you are welcome to bring either of them or a knowledgeable Japanese translator on this matter. But I digress with the nitpicking and let's get to the meat of the issue. If a realm has "No figure/form, no meaning, and no shadow" and "where reason reduces to chaos", then as per Occam's Razor, the realm is a chaotic void realm. Whether you need more information or elaboration on this matter to get the ability is entirely your own perspective, just like most of the people here including Planck69, Lonkitt, Dereck03, Fujiwara, etc think it is sufficient to give the ability. In which case, I can obviously put you up for disagree for that part, same as how I put them all up as agree.

The reference to "sanzensekai" is literally part of the chant for the same ability. In other words, the evidence for spacetime manip and void manip are different sentences in the same activation chant of an ability which BFRs someone to an empty infinite space. So, no, if the realm is a void it can't be spacetime manip, and if it's a spacetime it can't be void manip.
Not only is this a Non-Sequitur, but also an Association Fallacy. How did you exactly come to the conclusion that just because a power source is able to warp "Sanzensekai"/"All of Creation" and can create an infinite void realm to trap someone, it automatically means that the realm created is either a space-time or a void? I hope you do realize that Power Sources in fiction are capable of manipulating powers that are contradictory to each other but do not necessarily use them simultaneously. Very much like how Selesia uses the Concept of Hachimon Tonko to warp "Sanzensekai"/"All of Creation" and create a realm is not related to the nature of the realm. They are two different things.

Arguably neither of these are spacetime manip or void manip as, upon closer inspection of the raws (prompted by altered translations that I noticed), the scans don't even say Selesia creates this space, she makes the gate to it appear. I am not even sure it would qualify as void manip even if it were a void, because BFRing someone to a void doesn't mean you have void manip.
There you go again with the accusations. I know you are using machine translations, but if you actually knew Japanese, you would have found that the Kanji for "Appear" which is "出現" is actually synonymous with "Coming to Existence". So in context, it translates to Selesia's power of using the Concept of Hachimon Tonkou, allowed her to create the Infinite Gates realm. So your point is moot here.

I also can't tell what the basis for time manipulation is.
It's not Time Manipulation as an isolated ability. Its Space-Time manipulation as a whole because of "Warping Sanzensekai" as well as using the Concept of Hachimon Tonkou which states to "Manipulate Directions" where directions is associated with both Space-Time as a whole as explained by both me and ExecutorN0 multiple times in this thread.

He stated that he agreed with Space-Time Manip, yeah. He doesn't agree with Void Manip, is the thing.
That is fine and I can obviously take into account the disagreements. However, I do not like his condescending attitude towards me and multiple staff members here as well as his petty accusations when he is corrected by others in this thread.

Type 2:

Well, moreover, I don't think we have good reason to believe that their causality in the real world is atypical.

I think this is a stretch. Altair may not have a pre-written backstory (and thus, her narrative needn't adhere to preset guidelines of characterization) but I don't believe this is a sufficient to say, for instance, that if a week passes by her actions for the past week no longer "exist in the past" or that she doesn't exist in the future.

Type 4:

Right, that's my point in saying that. The only manner in which they have changed, relative to causality, is that they are no longer bound to the narrative. Their existence in the real world shouldn't be thought of as having irregular causality. Or at least, I haven't seen a good reason for thinking that.

I don't see in what way they have atypical causality. In the lower world they were essentially being subjected to Plot Manip, and now they aren't, but their causality isn't different.

Edit: I could see a case being made for "possible resistance to plot manipulation" but not acausality.
For Type 2, I can see your viewpoint and I can lean towards removing it as both Fuji and Dereck03 have explained the reasons. However, Type 4 is pretty much given as Dereck explains it.

We don't need to assume that it is, simply the fact that they are no longer bound by the very narrative causality of their world should be enough.
It is not a strech, as she doesn't have a creator due to being an indepedent existence normal methods of creation can't affect her. She even clarified it here and she is completely free and although she does not belong to any place, her existence is supported by an infinite number of creators, since she takes the powers of people's imagination. But as said, they cannot alter Altair's history in any way nor can they create a future where she would lose, so they simply decided to try to create a narrative where Meteora would be stronger than Altair, which failed.
Here. Even long before Meteora planned the use of the bird cage and the creation of Sirius by Magane and Souta, Altair had already predicted all their action and even Aliceteria's betrayal plan but could not deduce the creation plan or the existence of Sirius. And this is contemplated by Altair's total amazement and the realizations she has at that moment, she who always knew everything at the end did not know about that moment.
Well, they should, since they are not bound to follow the narrative of the gods' world, but are forced to follow it because the restorative force is trying to eliminate the irregularity of the real world. And it should be noted that it is not just a normal narrative, but a narrative causality or narrative yoke.
Here you are saying it yourself, they were bound by the causal narrative in their world, but they broke that narrative in the real world, if it were not for the restorative force they would be an atypical existence that would not be governed by the laws of the world.

You do realize that Colloquial Translations and Literal Translations are not the same, yes? If I had to make literal translations, I would have simply used online translators instead of using the help of a (former) translation helper of the wiki offsite to translate them.
You're overcomplicating this. Either the word "can" is in it or not. It's not the kind of thing that will vary from translator to translator like specific phrasing or word choice.

How did you exactly come to the conclusion that just because a power source is able to warp "Sanzensekai"/"All of Creation" and can create an infinite void realm to trap someone, it automatically means that the realm created is either a space-time or a void?
If you're attempting to assign the abilities based purely on interpreting her chant literally, that's extremely specious. But yes, definitionally the realm cannot be both spatial and a void at the same time, so whichever one is being given for her opening a gate to that realm, the other is impossible.

But there's no evidence of it being a void and her chant just reads like flowery language.

but if you actually knew Japanese, you would have found that the Kanji for "Appear" which is "出現" is actually synonymous with "Coming to Existence". So in context, it translates to Selesia's power of using the Concept of Hachimon Tonkou, allowed her to create the Infinite Gates realm

I just checked five different Japanese to English dictionaries and not one of them included such an interpretation. I'm not saying the dictionary you found is wrong, but it's the very last one listed and appears to be an extremely uncommon meaning for the term, with "appearance" being much much more common.

In conclusion, I don't consider the evidence sound for this being a creation feat, it should just be a BFR feat.

It's not Time Manipulation as an isolated ability. Its Space-Time manipulation as a whole because of "Warping Sanzensekai" as well as using the Concept of Hachimon Tonkou which states to "Manipulate Directions" where directions is associated with both Space-Time as a whole as explained by both me and ExecutorN0 multiple times in this thread.
Okay, so this is back to all the stuff pulled from real world mysticism websites? In which case strongly disagree. Selesia has never demonstrated such a power and its not acceptable to judge such a thing based on real world religion any more than it'd be acceptable to give Rock Lee spatial manip because his eight gates is also called Hachimon Tonkou or Zoro some ability because he has a sword attack called Sanzensekai.

However, Type 4 is pretty much given as Dereck explains it
It isn't. All that really happened is they went to a realm that wasn't being actively plot manip'd. That doesn't grant any form of acausality.

We don't need to assume that it is, simply the fact that they are no longer bound by the very narrative causality of their world should be enough.
It isn't. Anyone that goes to a different universe wouldn't be bound by the causality of their original universe. That isn't an ability of the character.

I'm going to bed now so I'll try to get to the rest later. Ultima also plans to comment on this later today.

It isn't. Anyone that goes to a different universe wouldn't be bound by the causality of their original universe. That isn't an ability of the character.
Your logic does not work here, because in this case they clearly mention breaking the bound of the narrative causality of their own universe, it is the same for any other character in the wiki, they have Aca 4 for existing in an irregular form of the causality presented by their respective verses/universes and that they may be subject to a higher law of causality it's not an excuse to trying to invalidate the feat.

Yeah, absolutely not. Discussion is ongoing and both Bambu and Ultima plan to make their assessments as well. Nice try though.

Your logic does not work here, because in this case they clearly mention breaking the bound of the narrative causality of their own universe, it is the same for any other character in the wiki, they have Aca 4 for existing in an irregular form of the causality presented by their respective verses/universes and that they may be subject to a higher law of causality it's not an excuse to trying to invalidate the feat.
But they don't "clearly mention breaking the bound of the narrative causality of their own universe." They are pulled out of the narrative of their original universe, i.e. "freed from the narrative yoke" and are brought to the real world. This isn't irregular causality in any way, I confirmed such with Ultima. This is not a power on any of these characters' parts, and we shouldn't treat it as such incorrectly.

It is not a strech, as she doesn't have a creator due to being an indepedent existence normal methods of creation can't affect her. She even clarified it here and she is completely free and although she does not belong to any place, her existence is supported by an infinite number of creators, since she takes the powers of people's imagination
This doesn't mean she does not exist in the past or present. I would characterize this as resistance to plot manip, perhaps, but since it seems as though what's actually happening is the plot manip of the creators is being overridden by the fact that the plot manip being applied to her by the audience is stronger, which isn't a power of Altair's, specifically. So, again, this is very blatantly not acausality and we should stop trying to mischaracterize it as such.

Well, they should, since they are not bound to follow the narrative of the gods' world, but are forced to follow it because the restorative force is trying to eliminate the irregularity of the real world. And it should be noted that it is not just a normal narrative, but a narrative causality or narrative yoke.
I just checked through the blog again and there's nothing suggesting the real world has a narrative yoke. So, again, the only thing that the evidence suggests is that they are no longer being subjected to the inherent plot manip that affects the Storyworlds. This is not acausality.

Here you are saying it yourself, they were bound by the causal narrative in their world, but they broke that narrative in the real world, if it were not for the restorative force they would be an atypical existence that would not be governed by the laws of the world.
No, they didn't break the narrative in the real world, it just doesn't exist there. That's not a resistance nor is it acausality.

And the only thing the restorative force did was change them from digital 2-D characters to real life humans. So, again, this is not acausality.

I and Selesia have probably been "transformed" to fit into this world. The reason we are not two-dimensional forms, polygons, or dots, but appear in the same form as Souta and the others is due to the ability to make this world make sense... In other words, it is largely due to the restorative powers.

Yeah, absolutely not. Discussion is ongoing and both Bambu and Ultima plan to make their assessments as well. Nice try though.
beating around the bush isnt discussion. the op is within their rights to close it once grace is passed. dont like it? create a follow up. the fact that ultima needed to be called here as a result of your outbursts is asinine.
For all content revision suggestions, a grace period of 48 hours should be allowed for the reviewing staff members to evaluate and approve them. This grace period applies to both minor and self-evident revisions, as well as larger revisions that may require more input from other staff members. Until this grace period has elapsed since the time of the thread's creation, the revision should not be applied to the profiles.

That's the minimum, that doesn't mean CRTs end immediately after 48 hours. Now, enough derailing.

If people have said they're going to evaluate then we should wait. There's no rush here.

Anyways I'm personally fine with acausality (albeit just type 4), but I'll take a closer look at Deagon's points later.

beating around the bush isnt discussion. the op is within their rights to close it once grace is passed. dont like it? create a follow up. the fact that ultima needed to be called here as a result of your outbursts is asinine.
For verse-specific threads, if the only opposing party does not reply for over 2 weeks without any notice or known/suspected extenuating circumstances, then the moderators should try to get the thread to completion without them, assuming that they'd probably not reply. However, their points should not be discarded, and this should not be treated as that user conceding. Their arguments and votes should be kept in mind while the thread goes on and anybody else is free to argue in their stead.
Although the evaluation of each staff member carries equal weight, the final decision regarding the approval of a content revision may be influenced by other factors such as the expertise and knowledge of the staff members involved, the complexity and controversy of the revision, and the popularity or prominence of the affected series verse. In terms of decision-making authority, bureaucrats are given the highest consideration, followed by administrators, and then thread moderators.

The OP isn't within any right. It falls to the decision of evaluating staff. I certainly would not let this pass when discussion is still on going, and would see it as extremely faulty from our other staff to permit it on these grounds.

I agree with @Deagonx and Fuji on not using Buddhist IRL Buddhist concepts 1-on-1, as well as their other concerns.
btw @RM97, you have enough votes for grace, so in like 12 hours or so, you can just request the thread to be closed and applied. no need to really address anything.
Also, I find this sentiment absurd. You should absolutely address counter arguments in an ongoing discussion instead of just rushing to apply changes.

No, they didn't break the narrative in the real world, it just doesn't exist there. That's not a resistance nor is it acausality.
characters are still affected by a narrative.
■「ひかゆの改変」
大西の完全な趣味でコスプレ少女になった、ひかゆ。だが、外見の変化はこの世界では中」身(能力)もそれに見合ったものに改変されてしまう。「エクストリーム」(極端な、過激な)設定は、彼女をスーパーな格闘家に変えたのだ。「承認力」を得る方法を彼なりに熟知した大西のお手柄。
■「Modification of Hikayu」
Hikayu became a cosplay girl as a complete hobby of Onishi. However, in this world, the change in appearance also alters the "inside" of the body (abilities) to match. The "extreme" (extreme, radical) setting has turned her into a super fighter. Kudos to Onishi, who in his own way knows how to gain "approval".
Furthermore, while the "Flame Chant" powerup for Selesia was temporary, the mechanics behind "Audience Acceptance" was elaborated upon which is when the people of the Real World perceive and approve/sympathize with a story or concept, it becomes reality.
characters get altered by the audience/ writers are gain new abilities in the real world

Last edited:
characters are still affected by their narrative.
I don't understand what within that quote is meant to prove this. This is referring to a situation that occurred within a storyworld. And if they are still affected by their narrative then that means the basic premise through which acausality is being argued for is bunk. I think you're mistaken, but the point is that even if you are correct it doesn't actually help the argument. So I'd prefer if you let Dereck or RM speak for themselves on it.

I don't understand what within that quote is meant to prove this. This is referring to a situation that occurred within a storyworld. And if they are still affected by their narrative then that means the basic premise through which acausality is being argued for is bunk. I think you're mistaken, but the point is that even if you are correct it doesn't actually help the argument. So I'd prefer if you let Dereck or RM speak for themselves on it.
the point is writers and audience members cause characters to gain new abilities that they did not originally have. Also,no it occurs the the real world.
The original blog shows several of these instances.

I'm going to provide a quick summary post so that it is easier for incoming staff to orient themselves, although discussion is ongoing.

If I were to rewrite this CRT myself, it would look like this:

Common Abilities for Creations

1. Aura (All creations have their own aura that can be sensed by each other)
  2. Accelerated Healing (Despite being similar in bodily composition, all creations have a fast recovery system compared to humans)
  3. Vibration Manipulation & Magnetism Manipulation (Passive; As explained in this section of my blog, the arrival of each of the creations in the real world caused abnormal magnetic fields and radio interference)

Selesia

1. Inorganic Physiology (Type 2; Vogelchevalier is a Mecha).
  2. BFR, Perception Manipulation, & Magic (As explained in this section of the blog, Selesia’s Ionian Aphoria can send someone to an infinite space with only a single exit, and manipulate their sense of direction preventing them from finding it.

Aliceteria

1. NPI (Evidence is already given on her page, but was stated to be empowered by Concept Boost to directly attack and affect Altair after it was determined that attacking Altair either by magical or physical means is futile and the only way to harm her is to attack her concept)
  2. Magnetism Manipulation (Created Aurora Borealis inside the Birdcage just as a side-effect of her attack on Altair)

Yuuya

1. Summoning & Flight (Can summon Hangaku, who is capable of flying)
Here are the abilities I removed, and a brief explanation of what the argument was for them, and why those arguments are unsound.

1. Acausality (Types 2 & 4; In the same section of the blog, I have explained how the creations are characters that have been plucked out from their respective stories and are not bound by their narrative yoke/causality as well as constraints of their worlds while also being independent of the events happening in their stories in past, present, and future)
Acausality: These characters were pulled from their fictional narratives, and thus were freed from the narrative constraints they were once under. However, this does not suggest they have irregular causality in any way. I thought maybe it could be resistance to plot manip, but when discussing it with Ultima he said he wouldn't consider this situation to grant any ability at all, so both should be removed.

• Conceptual Manipulation (Type 1), Spatial Manipulation, Time Manipulation, Chaos Manipulation, Void Manipulation, Vector Manipulation (As explained in this section of the blog, Selesia’s Ionian Aphoria employs both ancient mysticism to manipulate the very concept of “Hachimon Tonko” which controls Direction as well as perception. This allowed her to not only summon the power/energy only warp "Sanzensekai"/"All Worlds", but also create an infinite-sized chaotic realm of pure nothingness where not even ideas and shadows can exist and which can be used to trap the victim in an infinite series of gates while also messing with the victim’s sense of direction).
Several problems with this, I'll break each out by ability.

Concept Manip: This is based on Altair noting that Selesia "used the concept of Hachimon Tonkou." However, Hachimon Tonkou is an ability that Selesia was using in that moment, this isn't Concept Manip, let alone Type 1.

Spatial Manip/Time Manip: When Selesia activates her ability she says a chant which, among other things, says "warp sanzensekai" which in real-world Buddhism refers to all layers of existence. I don't see any reason to take the statements in her chant as literal descriptions of abilities because it's very blatantly flowery language and there's no other indication Selesia can manipulate either of these things. Further, she didn't create the space she sent Altair to, so she shouldn't get Spatial Manip for that (and wouldn't get Time Manip for it even if she did).

Chaos Manip: Another part of the chant is the line "It is not a hell of flame, nor crystals of ice, but where reason returns to chaos." I didn't really understand why this means Selesia can manipulate Chaos, and I am still against taking the chant as literal descriptions of abilities when it's clearly poetic. I asked Ultima about this and he said, indeed, he can't even really tell what this phrase is supposed to mean.

Void Manip: This apparently was based on the additional line of the chant in the novelization which says "There are no forms and no meanings. Not even a shadow exists there." It was mistranslated in the blog as "Not even a shadow can exist there" but I digress, this doesn't constitute Void Manipulation. The blog describes the realm she sent Altair to as a "Realm of Nothingness" but this is unsupported by anything in the blog. Further, if the realm is a void then it can't be spatiotemporal, so at the bare minimum this cannot be granted alongside Spacetime Manip for the same feat.

Vector Manip: The Hachimon Tonkou ability is said to manipulate direction, but the guidebook describes this purely in terms of disorienting someone to trap them in the realm so they can't find the exit, and Selesia never demonstrates an ability to "manipulate vectors."

Sealing: Per Bambu: This doesn't seem to actually be Sealing. It's BFR to an infinite space that has one exit and messes with perception to prevent you from finding it. Nothing implies Sealing.

1. AP: At least 2-B via Ionian Aphoria (Ionian Aphoria can create an infinite-sized realm of pure chaotic nothingness using the concepts of Hachimon Tonko. Said realm is developed to trap Altair inside while the creators were also aware of Altair’s ability to move between different worlds, thus logically, it would be big enough to exceed her own range of travel).
Attack Potency: So, this wouldn't be an AP feat even if this ability created the realm, but none of the scans say that she created it, only that she made the gate to it appear, and an infinite sized space would simply be 3-A in any case. She's only able to use this ability to BFR somebody, there's no evidence this is fungible to her direct attack power or durability and we shouldn't treat it as such.

[*]Resistances to Matter Manipulation & Biological Manipulation (The creations are characters that have their data prefixed or set for their physical appearance to not be altered easily, where even if they eat a lot they would not get fat, implying that their physical bodies are not vulnerable to matter or biological manipulations)
Resistance to Matter Manip & Biological Manip: Per Bambu: I wouldn't give these resistances for this, unless it is also shown that they cannot be harmed or changed in any way. This is too vague, and really if we took it to the logical extremes, it would mean they cannot be physically harmed. It's nonsensical to then presume that this contradiction is fine while still allowing them to resist these two abilities. If I had to make it something, probably Body Control.

Last edited:
I appreciate the summary. As a sidenote, this blog we're linking to isn't on VSBW. It should be, as we do require such things to be on the wiki when used- same reason we back up respect threads and old NarutoForums blogs here. If you intend to use this as proper justifications, we can't link to a random tertiary copy-wiki, largely out of security concerns (our blogs cannot be beholden to external powers to maintain).

Resistances to Matter Manipulation & Biological Manipulation (The creations are characters that have their data prefixed or set for their physical appearance to not be altered easily, where even if they eat a lot they would not get fat, implying that their physical bodies are not vulnerable to matter or biological manipulations)
I wouldn't give these resistances for this, unless it is also shown that they cannot be harmed or changed in any way. This is too vague, and really if we took it to the logical extremes, it would mean they cannot be physically harmed. It's nonsensical to then presume that this contradiction is fine while still allowing them to resist these two abilities. If I had to make it something, probably Body Control.

BFR, Perception Manipulation, Sealing, & Magic (As explained in this section of the blog, Selesia’s Ionian Aphoria can send someone to an infinite space with only a single exit, and manipulate their sense of direction preventing them from finding it.
This doesn't seem to actually be Sealing. It's BFR to an infinite space that has one exit and messes with perception to prevent you from finding it. Nothing implies Sealing.

I don't have an issue with anything else you accepted out, Deagon, so I'll now look at what you don't agree with.

Regarding Acausality:

Acausality: These characters were pulled from their fictional narratives, and thus were freed from the narrative constraints they were once under. However, this does not suggest they have irregular causality in any way. I thought maybe it could be resistance to plot manip, but when discussing it with Ultima he said he wouldn't consider this situation to grant any ability at all, so both should be removed.
Your assessment matches my own. I also don't think removing a character from their story is an ability of their own at all.

Conceptual Manipulation (Type 1), Spatial Manipulation, Time Manipulation, Chaos Manipulation, Void Manipulation, Vector Manipulation (As explained in this section of the blog, Selesia’s Ionian Aphoria employs both ancient mysticism to manipulate the very concept of “Hachimon Tonko” which controls Direction as well as perception. This allowed her to not only summon the power/energy only warp "Sanzensekai"/"All Worlds", but also create an infinite-sized chaotic realm of pure nothingness where not even ideas and shadows can exist and which can be used to trap the victim in an infinite series of gates while also messing with the victim’s sense of direction).
Simply using the word "Concept" is never and will never be enough to justify Conceptual Manipulation. The word means many things, rarely does it mean the thing we use it to mean here on the wiki. I also can't really grasp why Concept Manip Type 1 is being argued for here- I don't understand it at all. Me personally, I would not take references to Buddhism as literal either- which seems to negate Space-Time as an argument.

I read the rest of your debunks on this. I agree with all of them, actually. I think Void Manip is the most justifiable ability there, however, if she didn't make this realm, then it wouldn't be tolerable anyways. I would like to ask what the Japanese says when properly translated, as well.

Attack Potency: So, this wouldn't be an AP feat even if this ability created the realm, but none of the scans say that she created it, only that she made the gate to it appear, and an infinite sized space would simply be 3-A in any case. She's only able to use this ability to BFR somebody, there's no evidence this is fungible to her direct attack power or durability and we shouldn't treat it as such.
Yeah.

I agree with your additional exclusions. I felt the same way, and was even considering making an argument against Magnetism Manip, but given how difficult this has already been I backed off, but I appreciate you providing your assessment and I will update my alternative draft with them as well.

however, if she didn't make this realm, then it wouldn't be tolerable anyways. I would like to ask what the Japanese says when properly translated, as well.
I cannot offer a proper translation, but as a primer, the notion that she created it appears to be based on a section of the guidebook describing the ability she is activating, which the blog translates as:

... A wave chant that applies the concept of the "Hachimon Tonkou" to create an infinite number of gates. ...
However, no machine translator I've used have rendered the verb as "create." They all use the word "make appear" and the root word is "appearance" or "arrival."

RM97 found a JP-EN dictionary that listed "bring into existence" as a possible meaning, but I checked several others and none had that as an option, so it appears to be an especially unusual rendering. Also, it should be noted that "an infinite gate" and "infinite number of gates" is rendered identically in Japanese.

So, the translation that I've gotten has been as follows:

... A wave chant that applies the concept of the "Hachimon Tonkou" to make an infinite gate appear. ...
Which seems to fit much more neatly with what actually happens on screen and what Selesia is actually demonstrated as being able to do. The anime also translates it as "infinite gate."

As an aside, I would like to know where @RM97 accessed a digital version of the novelization, as I was unable to find one online.

I appreciate the summary. As a sidenote, this blog we're linking to isn't on VSBW. It should be, as we do require such things to be on the wiki when used- same reason we back up respect threads and old NarutoForums blogs here. If you intend to use this as proper justifications, we can't link to a random tertiary copy-wiki, largely out of security concerns (our blogs cannot be beholden to external powers to maintain).
Dereck03 is copying the blog here, so no worries.
I wouldn't give these resistances for this, unless it is also shown that they cannot be harmed or changed in any way. This is too vague, and really if we took it to the logical extremes, it would mean they cannot be physically harmed. It's nonsensical to then presume that this contradiction is fine while still allowing them to resist these two abilities. If I had to make it something, probably Body Control
They can't be physically changed by any physical means (Such as bloating due to eating), but it is true that they can be physically harmed when attacked. So I have no issues changing this to Resistance to Body Control if it fits the bill, though I'll prefer more input on this from others.

This doesn't seem to actually be Sealing. It's BFR to an infinite space that has one exit and messes with perception to prevent you from finding it. Nothing implies Sealing.
Its sealing because the realm was made to trap Altair inside it with no chance of escape. And no, it has no "One Exit" in it and neither it is stated that the space has one exit. The "One Exit" is in regards to the fact that amongst an Infinite Gates, if there are gates, there will be an exit, which Altair can find out. So yes, it was intended to Seal Altair but she used her ability to find out a single exit amongst infinite gates to escape the realm.

Your assessment matches my own. I also don't think removing a character from their story is an ability of their own at all.
That is fine and I can put you up for disagree on this, but I talked to Ultima regarding this and showed him additional context and evidence, so he'll be coming here shortly to address everything.

Simply using the word "Concept" is never and will never be enough to justify Conceptual Manipulation. The word means many things, rarely does it mean the thing we use it to mean here on the wiki. I also can't really grasp why Concept Manip Type 1 is being argued for here- I don't understand it at all. Me personally, I would not take references to Buddhism as literal either- which seems to negate Space-Time as an arargument.
Context for this is simple. Physical attacks and spells were not doing jack to Altair and thus, to harm Altair, they decided to attack Altair's concept. So yes, they used a concept to attack someone's concept. As for why it's "Type 1", its because the power existed and was created by Matsubara before the realm even spawned. So obviously, the concept is independent of the object.
If you do not take the references to Buddhism and just go with the literal translation of "Warping 3000 worlds", it's still Space-Time Manipulation as worlds in the series is exclusively used refer to alternate universes.

I think Void Manip is the most justifiable ability there, however, if she didn't make this realm, then it wouldn't be tolerable anyways. I would like to ask what the Japanese says when properly translated, as well.
If you read my comment, I pointed out how contextually, the translation made by Qlipoth_Bacikal is accurate. The translation is in the blog section I linked.
There you go again with the accusations. I know you are using machine translations, but if you actually knew Japanese, you would have found that the Kanji for "Appear" which is "出現" is actually synonymous with "Coming to Existence". So in context, it translates to Selesia's power of using the Concept of Hachimon Tonkou, allowed her to create the Infinite Gates realm. So your point is moot here.

As an aside, I would like to know where @RM97 accessed a digital version of the novelization, as I was unable to find one online.
Its in Rakuten Kobo. I have already linked my sources at the start of the blog.

Its sealing because the realm was made to trap Altair inside it with no chance of escape. And no, it has no "One Exit" in it and neither it is stated that the space has one exit. The "One Exit" is in regards to the fact that amongst an Infinite Gates, if there are gates, there will be an exit, which Altair can find out. So yes, it was intended to Seal Altair but she used her ability to find out a single exit amongst infinite gates to escape the realm.
Sealing involves placing a character into another object. Sending them to an empty space isn't sealing.
Also, your argument seems incoherent here. You say that it's not stated that the space has one exit, but then directly quote Altair saying that there was an exit and she found it.

Context for this is simple. Physical attacks and spells were not doing jack to Altair and thus, to harm Altair, they decided to attack Altair's concept. So yes, they used a concept to attack someone's concept. As for why it's "Type 1", its because the power existed and was created by Matsubara before the realm even spawned. So obviously, the concept is independent of the object.
If you do not take the references to Buddhism and just go with the literal translation of "Warping 3000 worlds", it's still Space-Time Manipulation as worlds in the series is exclusively used refer to alternate universes.
The nature of what the statement about Altair's "concept" refers to requires a separate discussion, since it's not in the OP and is a whole can of worms unto itself, but they don't say Hachimon Tonkou was used to "attack" Altair's concept, and there's nothing saying the realm didn't already exist. In all likelihood Matsubara was responsible for creating the realm.

As for "warping 3000 worlds" that still requires taking the chant as a literal description of power even though the ability activated by the chant does not accomplish such a thing, and Selesia has never demonstrated such a power, so I'm still a disagree here.

If you read my comment, I pointed out how contextually, the translation made by Qlipoth_Bacikal is accurate. The translation is in the blog section I linked.
It is not. I may not speak Japanese, but I am a professional translator. The word "can" is not something that would depend on context. At best I could see a sentence like "is it possible for him to [verb] or "is he able to [verb]" could be turned into "can" but these two sentences:

"No shadow exists there"
"No shadow can exist there"

Are substantively different in a manner that can't be handwaved. Perhaps it is some remarkable quirk of Japanese that could allow such a thing but I am extremely skeptical and would require confirmation from somebody other than Qlipoth.

I agree with all the common abilities for the creations. They're very straightforward.

I likewise agree with all of Selesia's abilities. Selesia's power is a world that destroys possibilities. Something having infinite entry/exit points (Gates) means that it's infinite in size. Seeing that possibilities are universes in Re:Creators, this is solid evidence for Selesia having a 2-B rating.

I also agree with all of Alicetaria's.

Likewise agree with all of Yuuya's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back