• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ranking the most powerful characters in Dragon Ball.

Goku absorbs the Big Bang Storm and becomes Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Goku and BAM Tier 1 Goku is born.

Big Bang Goku will defeat the villain of the new movie alongside Gohan Blanco. This has been foreseen...

Peter1129 said:
I'm trying to say Anilaza should be Low 2-C via overpowering Low 2-C Post-Kefla SSB Goku. But Ryu and others say Anilaza isn't Low 2-C because the SSB Goku that he fought didn't have a Low 2-C feat until the second fight with Jiren.
Ah, alrighty then.

SSB is rated as Low 2-C via the second fight with Jiren to begin with.

This is somewhat on-topic, but using FighterZ as a basis here. Let's say that ever since his defeat by Gohan, Cell has been training in Hell (as stated in FighterZ). Now apply this to Super. By the time of the Tournament of Power, how strong do you think Cell would be? I argue at least comparable to if not stronger than SSR Trunks.

Ryukama said:
SSB is rated as Low 2-C via the second fight with Jiren to begin with.
But seriously though why isn't backwards scaling allowed for Anilaza when he was clearly overpowering Post-Kefla SSB Goku with his strongest attack? Android 17 constantly keeping up with Jiren who was clearly much stronger with and without barriers for an entire episode was written off as an outlier. So why shouldn't everybody else keeping up with Anilaza's casual attacks when he is clearly shown to be much stronger?

@Sera Considering that Cell has the DNA of Goku, Frieza and 17 and was initially stronger than all of them, I think he'd easily reach SSB level if he were to train all this time. However that's just my speculation and we especially can't scale that assumption to other continuities.

@Peter Why are you fine with saying that Goku suddenly jumped from 3-A to Low 2-C without explanation or this being said since before and after the fight with Anilaza, yet so against saying that Goku suddenly jumped from 3-A to Low 2-C without explanation or this being said since before and after the fight with Jiren?

Also Vegeta only fights Jiren in the SSBE form. Why are we now scaling this to regular SSB?

Goku during the Anilaza fight was on par with SSB Vegeta. Goku during the second Jiren fight was on par with SSBE Vegeta.

Jiren effortlessly no sold a blast from Anilaza without even showing a hint of his true power. Goku then trades blows with a Jiren who then showed more of this power.

Jiren's simple punch is stated to be much stronger than Anilaza's blast. Then Goku again trades blows with a Jiren who finally showed a hint of his power.

There are multiple showings directly indicating that Goku got stronger since the Anilaza fight.

Ryukama said:
@Peter Why are you fine with saying that Goku suddenly jumped from 3-A to Low 2-C without explanation or this being said since before and after the fight with Anilaza, yet so against saying that Goku suddenly jumped from 3-A to Low 2-C without explanation or this being said since before and after the fight with Jiren?
Also Vegeta only fights Jiren in the SSBE form. Why are we now scaling this to regular SSB?
"Vegeta only fights Jiren in the SSBE form"

What the **** are you talking about?

Because the only possible way he got stronger was via UIO since that's the only thing that's shown throughout the entire tournament that can massively increase Goku's power. He became almost as strong as the Spirit Bomb in just SSBKK after the first UIO. So why isn't it possible for him to have become slightly stronger than the first UIO after going through another massive power boost gained from fighting Kefla in his second UIO?

SSB Vegeta is clearly shown to be massively inferior to Post-Kefla SSB Goku. SSB Goku in his second fight against Jiren was able to keep up with casual Jiren with no problem at all while SSB Vegeta struggled to keep up and kept getting knocked away even when casual Jiren's focus wasn't on him at the time. Only after the ToP is his SSB form equal to Goku once again. The Anilaza fight just made all the remaining fighters seem like they were on par with each other for no reason.

Jiren no sold a random energy blast not the one that Anilaza used against all of U7. In Dragon Ball there's a clear difference in power between a characters strongest attack and a random attack they threw around as an AoE attack.

AntorusTheBurningThrone said:

Vegeta did not fight the less supressed Jiren who "showed a hint of his power" until after he went SSBE.

Vegeta fought Jiren as a SSB but he doesn't scale. He did literally nothing to Jiren.

What? No. Unless you mean the strongest canon incarnation of Cell, then yes of course, Super Perfect Cell is.

Ryukama said:
AntorusTheBurningThrone said:

Vegeta did not fight the less supressed Jiren who "showed a hint of his power" until after he went SSBE.
He fought Jiren in SSBE with SSBKKx20 Goku back in Ep 123-126. And even then, that did **** all. That did NOTHING to Jiren. And he didn't really boost his Power much. Like, at all. Hell, he only started showing more of his Power due to the Timer running out.

Sera Loveheart said:
What? No. Unless you mean the strongest canon incarnation of Cell, then yes of course, Super Perfect Cell is.
But Cell Perfección > Gohan Burger King > SSJ 1,000,111,138 > El Tio > El Grande Padre, I don't see anyone being stronger than Cell until Gohan gets SSJ Mastered Linguistics Instinct.

SSBKK Goku and SSBE Vegeta traded blows with Jiren who had just shown a hint of his true power. That's what they are rated as Low 2-C for.

Well, SSBE Prince Vegetables is still Low 2-C by outclassing and even defeating GoD Toppo. Personally the Jiren stuff shouldn't be used in his AP description for reasons Antorus pointed out but it's not really a big deal since Veggie at that point is safely comparable to SSBKK Goku who by this time would be Low 2-C as well.

You all are forgetting about Mr Perfect Cell and Mr Popo.

The latter is tier -1 and Cell is 0.

Fite me.

Ryukama said:
SSBKK Goku and SSBE Vegeta traded blows with Jiren who had just shown a hint of his true power. That's what they are rated as Low 2-C for/
Except SSB Goku alone made Jiren go that far. However, that was to show Goku who the true strongest was. Nothing more, nothing less.

SSB Goku and SSBE Vegeta still managed to trade blows with Jiren right after that scene. So SSBE Vegeta is Low 2-C. No matter what you think the intention for making Jiren show more of his power was. SSB Goku and SSBE fought against that higher power.

Sera Loveheart said:
Well, SSBE Prince Vegetables is still Low 2-C by outclassing and even defeating GoD Toppo. Personally the Jiren stuff shouldn't be used in his AP description for reasons Antorus pointed out but it's not really a big deal since Veggie at that point is safely comparable to SSBKK Goku who by this time would be Low 2-C as well.

Anyways Both SSB Goku and SSBE Vegeta were able to trade blows with Jiren who had just shown a true hint of his power. That is where the Low 2-C comes from.

Okay even if Anilaza is Low 2-C, Goku still got stronger since that fight. He goes from needing additional assistence from the other fighters to help fend off Anilaza's blast, to trading blows with Jiren's punches, which are explicitly stronger than Anilaza's blast.

I'm fine with whatever the majority decides, however the only real argument is "It's never stated SSB Goku got much stronger since the Anilaza fight", which in that case it was never stated SSB Goku got much stronger since right before Anilaza either.

If the majority wants to say Anilaza still somewhat scales to the Low 2-C, I'm good with that. However either way SSB Goku was directly shown to have gotten stronger since fighting Anilaza. Even if not to such a degree.

Actually Ryu Post-Kefla SSB Goku wasn't able to keep up with Jiren using a hint of his true power he was completely destroyed so he doesn't scale to that lvl of Low 2-C. He's currently Low 2-C via being stronger than the first UIO via making Jiren use a hint of his true power when previously the first UIO couldn't do that. It's basically like how nobody scales Pre-UIO SSBKKx20 Goku to Casual Jiren even though he's able to trade some blows with him. It's only after he went SSBKK when he became capable of directly fighting with Jiren using a hint of his true power.

Ryu Post-Kefla SSB Goku wasn't able to keep up with Jiren using a hint of his true power he was completely destroyed
It's only after he went SSBKK when he became capable of directly fighting with Jiren using a hint of his true power.
Then why do you insist on scaling Anilaza to this? Clearly Goku got a lot stronger since then.

I'm scaling Anilaza to Post-Kefla SSB Goku who is still Low 2-C just a lower end via being slightly stronger than the first UIO. Not scaling to hint of true Power Jiren only Post-Kefla SSBKK Goku and SSBE Vegeta scales to hint of true power Jiren. And like I said there was no indication he got stronger since the only time Goku has shown to have gotten stronger was via breaking his limits with UIO which was even mentioned on his profile.

SSB Goku was not stated to have gotten stronger right before he fought Anilaza either. Yes Goku broke his limits reaching UIO, but it was never stated that right before and after that fight SSB Goku's power skyrocketed astronomically. Either way there's going to have to be an assumed power boost where it isn't directly stated.

But I think it's still better then assuming he got a power boost from fighting Anilaza where there was absolutely no mentions of him breaking his limits during or after the fight. But I guess I'll just drop it here.

I'll drop it too. I'm fine with whichever the majority agrees upon to use for the profiles.

I believe it's safe to assume Goku was still recovering against Anilaza. He did use SSG first iirc. After Ani's defeat, Goku recovered his strength and then proceeded to tangle with Jiren. Therefore even though Goku became significantly stronger after defeating Kefla, he could not display that power until after the fight with Anilaza in which he fully recovered. That's my take.

@Ryu Ehh nobody will even realize this discussion just happened since it's not a content revision thread and I don't want to make one since I know it's going to turn into a sh*tstorm. I only wanted to talk about it here. I didn't really care if his profile doesn't get changed. Even though I do rather have Low 2-C Anilaza.

@Sera before the fight with Anilaza he says he's recovered some stamina to Gohan so maybe. Although stamina hasn't mattered much after the Kefla fight. Though I think that warrants a possibly/likely Low 2-C if your guess is correct.

Back