• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor DB Additions/Alterations

So, I noticed that Daimao Piccolo, Cell Jr. and Dabura seem to missing a few things.

As written in DBS Chapter 42, Demons Negate the ability to be Resurrected. At least, Negate the ability to be resurrected by Angels. Eternal Dragons, like Shenron and Super Shenron, are more than capable of doing so. As Demons, Daimao Piccolo and Dabura should gain this. Similarly, Dabura for some reason lacks the Soul Trapping/Banishment ability inherent to all Demons. He should get that as well.

Furthermore, the Cell Jr's on the island that 17 fight are said to potentially be the real deal, citing their regeneration as the cause of their survival. So I think it should be fine to put "possibly Regeneration (Low-High).

EDIT: Current Votes Added...

Vote Count:

Agree: Rutæhh (Both), LuffyRuffy (Both), UchihaSlayer (Both), LordTracer (Agree to both, but apply Res Neg only to Dabura), LordGriffon (Seemingly, Both), OmegaBronic, (Agrees to both, now), DDM (Both).

Disagree:

Neutral:

Unsure: NullFlowerBlush and SamanPatou

Last edited:
So, I noticed that Daimao Piccolo, Cell Jr. and Dabura seem to missing a few things.

As written in DBS Chapter 42, Demons Negate the ability to be Resurrected. At least, Negate the ability to be resurrected by Angels. Eternal Dragons, like Shenron and Super Shenron, are more than capable of doing so. As Demons, Daimao Piccolo and Dabura should gain this. Similarly, Dabura for some reason lacks the Soul Trapping/Banishment ability inherent to all Demons. He should get that as well.

Furthermore, the Cell Jr's on the island that 17 fight are said to potentially be the real deal, citing their regeneration as the cause of their survival. So I think it should be fine to put "possibly Regeneration (Low-High).
Wait, if they have this ability, Cell should also receive it, right?

I will help you with team members.

Yeah, uh, I dunno about Piccolo Daimao getting this, since he's not a "real" demon, in the Dabura sense.
Dabura getting it is fine, though.

And the Cell Jrs. receiving Possible Regeneration is fine, too.
Resurrection Negation is fine for the demons, but not King Piccolo since he’s not a real demon. The Cell Juniors having possible Regeneration is fine.
I thought, Piccolo was from the demon tribe according to kami, but kindness shaped him and he became a good guy

Chapter 207

As for Daimao Piccolo, he should receive this, since he was in fact part of the tribe and those killed by him could not go to the world of the dead.

Wouldn't this only apply to manga variants? Do we have manga profiles for these characters?
Yes we have! A manga scan is used in the profile of the evil Piccolo

For Cell Jr we also have

I'll get busy after this, my head is really hurting and then I'll answer if anyone asks a question.

I thought, Piccolo was from the demon tribe according to kami, but kindness shaped him and he became a good guy

Chapter 207

As for Daimao Piccolo, he should receive this, since he was in fact part of the tribe and those killed by him could not go to the world of the dead.

thing is, the statement is talking about "demons" as in, real demons, Piccolo and Daimaoh Piccolo are not real Demons like Dabura, they are Demon clansman, they are Demons in title, but they aren't real demons like what Dabura is

Yes we have! A manga scan is used in the profile of the evil Piccolo

For Cell Jr we also have

Hmmm, didn't know we used both DBS manga and DBS anime statements and apply them to past characters given we separate the former two. Guess it's fine then.
I'll get busy after this, my head is really hurting and then I'll answer if anyone asks a question.
Hope your headache clears up soon.

thing is, the statement is talking about "demons" as in, real demons, Piccolo and Daimaoh Piccolo are not real Demons like Dabura, they are Demon clansman, they are Demons in title, but they aren't real demons like what Dabura is
No, Daimao Piccolo explicitly has the capacity of preventing movement into the Afterlife. Kami proves that Piccolo isn't a Demon ANYMORE by pointing out Raditz was sent to the Afterlife, and directly cites "that this would not have happened if he was still Daimao./He is not the Daimao of old."

Hmmm, didn't know we used both DBS manga and DBS anime statements and apply them to past characters given we separate the former two. Guess it's fine then.
I might be wrong about this, but I believe it's because both the manga and anime are "canon" sequels in their own right, but they are not canon to each other.

Omega, the explanation is literally talking about Piccolo himself, it doesn't come with this saying it isn't, since the line is literally that, did you really read the manga?

Chapter 207

No, Daimao Piccolo explicitly has the capacity of preventing movement into the Afterlife. Kami proves that Piccolo isn't a Demon ANYMORE by pointing out Raditz was sent to the Afterlife, and directly cites "that this would not have happened if he was still Daimao./He is not the Daimao of old."
I suppose it's fine for Piccolo Daimao as well then.

I might be wrong about this, but I believe it's because both the manga and anime are "canon" sequels in their own right, but they are not canon to each other.
We separated both, this is their manga profile, I looked at Piccolo's profile and it had Scan for manga, so I think it must be from the manga

As for Cell Jr, he sends it directly to the Cell manga, I think it's a manga, right?

Wait, if they have this ability, Cell should also receive it, right?
No-Cell's never been considered a Demon. And it should be noted that Cell only had Piccolo Jr's Cells, and Majunior wasn't a Demon by the time he fought Raditz. We also don't know when Gero co-opted Piccolo's Cells, so the only way you could say he had Demonic Influence is if he got the Cells in the short moment in the 23rd TB. Just generally speaking, it makes very little, to no sense to give Cell this ability. Especially considering Goku passed on, which should not have been possible if Cell had any of Daimao Piccolo's Demonic Influence.

No-Cell's never been considered a Demon. And it should be noted that Cell only had Piccolo Jr's Cells, and Majunior wasn't a Demon by the time he fought Raditz. We also don't know when Gero co-opted Piccolo's Cells, so the only way you could say he had Demonic Influence is if he got the Cells in the short moment in the 23rd TB. Just generally speaking, it makes very little, to no sense to give Cell this ability. Especially considering Goku passed on, which should not have been possible if Cell had any of Daimao Piccolo's Demonic Influence.

At that time I was talking about Cell receiving Cell Jr's regeneration too, lol

I'm talking about Cell Jr's profile having a manga profile and not being a demon, bro

They were asking me if we have profiles of these characters for the manga, you know?

Omega. Daimao gets the ability due to BEING a Demon. Thus, the logic follows, that he would also have the ability to prevent Angelic Resurrection, as he is a Demon.
He isn't a demon, like Dabura for example, he is a namekian demon clansman, he isn't from the makai realm, i don't even understand why you would think that he is a true demon like Dabura

He isn't a demon, like Dabura for example, he is a namekian demon clansman, he isn't from the makai realm, i don't even understand why you would think that he is a true demon like Dabura
Yet again, I reiterate, Demon King Piccolo was confirmed to have the Demonic Power to prevent afterlife ascension due to being a Demon.

This is not hyperbole.

NullflowerBlush:

"異常気象が原因で地球へ来た1人のナメック星人が、神になるために悪の心を追い出した結果、 "悪"が実体化。以降、魔族という悪の集団を増やしていった。

A Namekian that migrated to the Earth due to abnormal weather conditions expelled his evil heart in order to become a god, and as a result, "evil" materialized. Since then, the evil group called "demons" has been increasing.

They are the 魔族, the mazoku, 'demons.'"
With Goku even outright saying he senses a Demon Power. This is reiterated by Kami, who does not say "Clansman," but literally just "Those killed by Demons." That is to say, Daimao Piccolo is a Demon. He was not born into it, but through the means of his existence as literal concentrated evil, he qualifies as one in the world of Dragon Ball. Thus he gains their abilities, such as denial of travel into the Afterlife (as shown by the Manga), and thus, logically, the inability to be resurrected by Angels.

Yet again, I reiterate, Demon King Piccolo was confirmed to have the Demonic Power to prevent afterlife ascension due to being a Demon.

This is not hyperbole.

With Goku even outright saying he senses a Demon Power. This is reiterated by Kami, who does not say "Clansman," but literally just "Those killed by Demons." That is to say, Daimao Piccolo is a Demon. He was not born into it, but through the means of his existence as literal concentrated evil, he qualifies as one in the world of Dragon Ball. Thus he gains their abilities, such as denial of travel into the Afterlife (as shown by the Manga), and thus, logically, the inability to be resurrected by Angels.
Shouldn't he be given abstract existence because he is evil?

This is not hyperbole.

See? Now this makes more sense, make sure to put those evidences in the justification and we are good

The term 魔族 ("mazoku") is exclusively used to describe the Demon Clan of the Namekians, even by Kami; the 族 ("zoku") kanji = "clan". Conversely, Belmod uses the term 魔物 ("mamano") to describe Gicchin's killer, and the East Supreme Kai simply uses the term 魔 ("ma") to describe the Demon Realm race.
With Goku even outright saying he senses a Demon Power.
He uses the term 妖気 ("yōki"), which is "ominous" or "unearthly".

Afaik we don't apply SuperManga stuff to Z characters, but only anime ones, right?

Becausea aside from abilities (and even then maybe even some) we'd get into some contrarictions.

The term 魔族 ("mazoku") is exclusively used to describe the Demon Clan of the Namekians, even by Kami; the 族 ("zoku") kanji = "clan". Conversely, Belmod uses the term 魔物 ("mamano") to describe Gicchin's killer, and the East Supreme Kai simply uses the term 魔 ("ma") to describe the Demon Realm race.
That’s interesting, actually—As the term for even Demon Realm Demons is inconsistent. I wonder if they’re interchangeable terms in Toriyama’s head.
It’s weird to TL it as Demon if it’s simply “Unearthly.”
Yeah, like how King Piccolo's victims were all resurrected by the Dragon Balls.
This isn’t a contradiction, though, as implied by Belmod, the Dragon Balls could revive Gicchin, which to me implies that it’s specifically Anti-Angel, not a total Anti-Revival. Similar to how Daimao Piccolo can destroy a Flying Nimbus/Halt their regen due to their Ki but can’t apply it in combat. That, or that Eternal Dragons have superior revival.

That said, I suppose it’s possible it was more about the Dragon Balls in question (Super DBs), rather than just being DBs, because the SDBs specifically have no limit to their power, since the statement was in reference to them.

However, if this is the case this then would technically contradicted by Kibito being revived by Earth’s Dragon Balls after being killed by Dabura. Meaning we’d ignore such Super Dragon Ball tomfoolery and loop back around—Which means there’s no contradiction.

That’s interesting, actually—As the term for even Demon Realm Demons is inconsistent. I wonder if they’re interchangeable terms in Toriyama’s head.

It’s weird to TL it as Demon if it’s simply “Unearthly.”

This isn’t a contradiction, though, as implied by Belmod, the Dragon Balls could revive Gicchin, which to me implies that it’s specifically Anti-Angel, not a total Anti-Revival. Similar to how Daimao Piccolo can destroy a Flying Nimbus/Halt their regen due to their Ki but can’t apply it in combat. That, or that Eternal Dragons have superior revival.

That said, I suppose it’s possible it was more about the Dragon Balls in question (Super DBs), rather than just being DBs, because the SDBs specifically have no limit to their power, since the statement was in reference to them.

However, if this is the case this then would technically contradicted by Kibito being revived by Earth’s Dragon Balls after being killed by Dabura. Meaning we’d ignore such Super Dragon Ball tomfoolery and loop back around—Which means there’s no contradiction.
Either way, you have the votes to make it happen, just apply.

Afaik we don't apply SuperManga stuff to Z characters, but only anime ones, right?

Becausea aside from abilities (and even then maybe even some) we'd get into some contrarictions.
In fact, the profiles I mentioned are exclusive to Dragon Ball Z manga and not anime, lol

Back