• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragyō Kiryüin vs White Zeref

It does so we measure by potency, for example Ragyo's mind hax Potency is several thousand while star wars mind hax Potency is several trillion

We only measure potency if we need to judge if it can bypass resistance, but Ragyo has no resistance

I vote Zeref since this is FH Zeref and he'll likely time stop/ time travel right off the bat and either kill Ragyo during the time stop or in the past. I know people are going to say that Zeref doesn't time stop in character but I wish to correct his misconception. Zeref has only had two fights on screen. Once, against Natsu where he wanted Natsu to kill him and thus would not fight back. The second time, he wanted to win but at that point Natsu was immune to time stop and would not be effected by it.

So...your argument is that he never used time stop off the bat in his fights but he would here because reasons

No,my argument was he would use time stop here because he didn't use time stop in his previous fights for reasons. Reasons that are not present here.

DragonEmperor23 said:
No my argument was he would use time stop here because he didn't use time stop in his previous fights for reasons.
If he never used them in his previous fights there is no reason to assume he would lead with it here, you need actual proof that he would lead with time stop off the bat

I literally just explained why he didn't use time stop in his previous fights. That was the whole point of four of the five sentences I wrote saying why I voted for Zeref.

Cool, now you need to explain why he WOULD, giving examples of him not using it doesnt prove your point, on the contrary it just proves that he wouldnt use it here

WeeklyBattles , DragonEmperor23 is right. This is Zeref with Fairy Tail so, in character, he would use his time manipulation at the very least. The only reason one might believe the statement above is the opposite if they not have noticed that during his fight against Natsu, Natsu Dragneel was burning(power null) his time magic when Zeref used it offensively.

Since this fight is with Ragyō Kiryüi who go no time manipulation resistance. Zeref would abuse it.

So, I voting for Zeref for this reason

The second part of that sentence doesn't fit the first but I'll continue with as to why he would. I'll say it for both the time travel and time stop. Time travel is because of Zeref's Neo Eclipse which resets the timeline and sends him into the past where he can kill a weaker Ragyo. He's likely to do this because this spell was literally the whole purpose of even getting this transformation in the first place. In canon, after blitzing Natsu he was going to use it but then Natsu got back up and attacked him. The time stop is because in his FH form, he has mastered time magic and uses it in conjunction with his death magic. He uses time magic to reverse time on his wounds and it is also what he uses to reset the timeline. The only reason he didn't stop time from the beginning was because Natsu was immune to it.

As is Ragyo's mind stitching and her other powers as well, she was able to manipulate enough students to fill most of the Honouji Arena which is around 9km in diameter

Zeref range is

Standard melee range. Hundreds of kilometers with death magic.

Hundreds of kilometers is not the size of a city, thats the size of a country. I get the feelingt hats just the rage he can use the death magic at, not the size of the AoE itself

WeeklyBattles, I think that you right in the first case. I can't find the CRT but I think likely scaled to Acnologia's range who get a big boost in his abilities from the Space Between Time which is one of the same power sources as Zeref.

Death Predation range is although is range is at least city size. That's how Zeref kills cities.

Death Predation: The usage of this spell creates a dark wave that kills everything in the user's immediate vicinity.

I've change my mind on several things, Zeref Takes this

for one he can't die and can regenerate from basically anything Ragyo can do, as well he had Death Manipulation, and can end Ragyo at any second, as she has no defense against his Death and Time Manipulation, and if Zeref really wanted to, he could just stop time and then it's GG, but the biggest reason is if she mind controls Zeref, and messes with his mind, she'll set off his Death Predation, every time Zeref has mental problems his Death Magic goes out of control and kills everything around him, so even if Ragyo manages to mind control him, she'll just set off his Death Predation and will be caught off guard and get murdered

Zeref has so many ways to beat Ragyo, and she has only one decent way to win, and it may result in a loss, so Zeref takes this Mid-Difficulty

Back