• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

"This is a piece of... a replica Holy Grail! Interesting, it contains a massive amount of power, even in this form... where was this found my lord?" Demiurge said, pleasantly surprised
"A friend gave it me." Belial said, glaring at the piece. "Uncover it's secrets and report back to me whatever you find. I'd usually handle this project personally but... I clearly have business to attend to."

Belial woke up, holding the golden piece in his hand. "I have... to fight.." Belial thought to himself, gripping the piece in his hand. "We all have to fight. I can't keep being half-assed like this... anymore..." Belial threw the golden piece at Demiurge, expecting him to catch it.

"It feels so very cold..." He felt as if he was in Ulric. Alone. Cold. Without Shalor... He didn't know what do do. Would the others truly greet him with kindness as he did them...? "It feels..." Belial stood up, his eyes a deep purple. He snapped his fingers, Mordred disappearing from the group and returning to her king in a flash of red light.

"You've given them the opportunity to dine and rest at their leisure... Bring them to me, Mordred." Belial said.

"As you command, my king." Mordred said, returning to the group mere seconds later.

"The king wants an audience. Now."
David sighed, his cheeks still flushed from what had happened prior. it was clear he wasn't fully paying attention. a vague grin was painted on his face, and he seemed remarkably...relaxed, despite the situation.

"Meet the king huh?" David said.

"Y-yeah...uh..sounds...good." David said, distracted. He glanced at his wife, blushing slightly, before turning back to Mordred.

"I shall investigate it to the apsolute best of my abilities, if there's something to know about it, I'll figure it out! And if this exists in the other singularities, we may even be able to send true military forces there!" Demiurge said excitedly, teleporting away

"Let's go!" Muramasa said with Shalamanye behind them, Pandora's Actor was still polishing a sword to perfection and held it in one hand as he approached Mordred, nodding

(Belial can also stop time. So can Rory, actually.)

unknown.png

(I have rarely ever used her Time Manipulation for anything lol.)

(Ha! Kinda true, though)
(When you've killed trillions including children, mentally scarred people for life, practically had a character try to kill an unborn childBelial, had one of your characters support child-soldiers and create a literal army of them, had one of your characters try to murder off an entire species resulting in the festering of a fish-child's traumatic experiences and rage said fish-child being a goddess of oceans and destruction, had one of your character beat a man to death until he was a smudge, had one of your characters abandon her children... Wait most of this shit is just me.)

(But in all seriousness, this RP is a legit mistake that somehow lasted for 131 pages and I hate all of you.I'm just kidding I love you. Who's ready for the next 100?)

Mordred led the group into the deepest parts of the castle, the air becoming thicker and thicker, so much that you could probably bite into it like bread... "The atmosphere this deep into a planet's crust gets heavy. Stay steadfast." Mordred said as the weight began to slow the group down.

Gabriel powered through, her steps cracking the ground. Rory simply effortlessly continued to walk, "But of course, it isn't some hyper-gravitational field or whatever. At worst, you'll experience shortness of breath and an inability to talk." Mordred said.

(But in all seriousness, this RP is a legit mistake that somehow lasted for 131 pages and I hate all of you.I'm just kidding I love you. Who's ready for the next 100?)

Mordred led the group into the deepest parts of the castle, the air becoming thicker and thicker, so much that you could probably bite into it like bread... "The atmosphere this deep into a planet's crust gets heavy. Stay steadfast." Mordred said as the weight began to slow the group down.

Gabriel powered through, her steps cracking the ground. Rory simply effortlessly continued to walk, "But of course, it isn't some hyper-gravitational field or whatever. At worst, you'll experience shortness of breath and an inability to talk." Mordred said.
David kept walking, his high physical strength allowing him to move through the pressure without much effort. Thank's to Gabriel's earlier modification of his body, David was able to function, even with the increased air thickness.

Lance however, was visibly struggling, his steps cracking the ground like Gabriel's as he tried his best to push through, breathing heavily.

Mordred shrugged, "It ain't supposed to be bad, yah hear. The king made it so that you don't die because of the pressure the crust of this planet creates, as nobody can really visit him if they well... Die before they get there." Mordred said, looking back at Lance.

"It seems your scrawny friend there is having some trouble, though." She said.

David sighed.

"Ay man, get over here," David said, referring to Lance.

Lance staggered over to him.

".....what...what is it" Lance panted.

David simply grabbed Lance, picking him up above his head and throwing him over his shoulder.

"can't have ya falling out on us, I'll just carry ya for now." David said.

David used his power bestowal to grant Lance a forcefield as well, relieving some of the pressure off of him and giving him oxygen to breathe.

".....thank you....kind sir..." Lance said, relieved.

"Let's skip the introductions, shall we?

They reached the Devil King's throne room. Within it lay a towering bastion of obsidian, armed with the mightiest of guards, and clad in the toughest of stone. From within the throne and the ground beneath them pulsated unimaginable heat, more than Demiurge could produce, most definitely.

"We've all been waiting for this, after all. No need to sugarcoat it."​

And there he sat, looking down on them with glowing purple eyes, seeming indifferent but also somehow conscious of their arrival into his throne room. He transformed back into his regular adult form long ago, making it still hard to recognize him who had always been in the form of a small child.

"We all have two options here... No No, let's say you have three and I have one."​

He stood up, walking down towards the group. Surprisingly, there was no imposing feeling or a feeling of fear being released off of him... He just looked exhausted. He just looked... somewhat done.

"Either you join me, or you can run away."​

He turned to his sister and mother, his eyes slightly lighting up, but not anything that could make his apparent exhausted appearance fade. Clearly, he had been working on something the entire time.

"Or if you want, you can fight me. We all know how that ends."​

But suddenly, his eyes became somewhat brighter. As if he was remembering a time... In where he was happy with his life, his family, his friends, everything. Maybe he did remember it.

"And contrary to popular belief... I don't want to have to kill you. Keyword 'have'. If your still convicted to stop me..."​

But that swiftly faded as his eyes lit up, his determination shining through all the despair and all the pain. He glared at them, veins popping in his arms and legs, but more so around his eyes as if his blood pressure was out of wack.

"I can't go back. If you choose to fight... I have no choice but to kill you. And I really don't want to do that, trust me."​

David shivered.

"So it's join or die huh...." David said.

He sighed.

"When you first disappeared, I thought you were planning a genocide, ya know? some mass culling of the weak to make way for some kinda super race."

"But then...I heard about your plan, your real one, not the one I was afraid of..."

David nodded To Belial.

"You have noble intentions. and...personal feelings aside... from the bottom of my heart, I'm...grateful to you....for using your newfound power to try and do good, instead of evil. I'm sure that...from your perspective....you're probably the hero. The man committed to improving the lives of others...no matter how difficult.." David said, his voice was remarkably calm, it was clear that he had matured seen since Belial had last seen him

"But....."

"We didn't come so far to run away. Nor did we go through this just to join you."

"I don't want to fight ya, because your right, we both know how that would end...."

".....but we ain't planning on leaving without ya"

"Yeah, David, you are," Belial said bluntly.

"...Brother, please. If only you would come with us, we could... I don't know..." Gabriel stumbled on her words.

"We could do what, Gabriel? Huh?" Gabriel asked, "Cause it seems that the longer I wait the more this world crumbles beneath me, Gabriel." He said, turning to walk back to his throne.

"I'm running out of time..." Belial thought to himself.

"This is your final warning. Join me, leave, or fight and die. You get no other chances. You'd do well to remember I'm not as nice as Gabriel." Belial said, glaring at Rory.

"......." She didn't know what to say. "B-Belial..." She tried to speak up, but the words just wouldn't come out.

"Yeah, David, you are," Belial said bluntly.

"...Brother, please. If only you would come with us, we could... I don't know..." Gabriel stumbled on her words.

"We could do what, Gabriel? Huh?" Gabriel asked, "Cause it seems that the longer I wait the more this world crumbles beneath me, Gabriel." He said, turning to walk back to his throne.

"I'm running out of time..." Belial thought to himself.

"This is your final warning. Join me, leave, or fight and die. You get no other chances. You'd do well to remember I'm not as nice as Gabriel." Belial said, glaring at Rory.

"......." She didn't know what to say. "B-Belial..." She tried to speak up, but the words just wouldn't come out.
David shook his head.

"Please. Belial. Neither of us wants to fight. Let's just talk this out."

"Maybe...with time...we can find a different way to achieve your goal. I know you're trying to work towards a better dream world. and so am I! Perhaps...we could find a way to...help the dreamworld in a more humane way..." David said.

"I........." David froze, his mind racing.

"......."

"Maybe...we could train them" David said finally.

"Just like we did when Rory formed her army! The major threat to the dream world is the calamities right?! If we can just train them to be better equipped to handle them...maybe...maybe we can make the world a safer place. Like training a new generation of soldiers and superheroes!"

"Wow, I didn't expect you to come up with a cohesive suggestion." Belial said, "But let me ask you... if that was possible, wouldn't we have already tried?" Belial asked.

"Calamities feed off of despair, David. And right now, it's at an all-time high. The amount of training you'd have to do would be crippling for weak dreamers." Belial said, fully turning around as he walked back down.

"Look, what I'm trying to do is swift and effective. You'd have to spend hundreds of years training and helping them, while I can do it in less than two decades. It isn't as if I'm causing anybody harm!" Belial said, gritting his teeth.

"If anything the choice is on you... As a hero, do you want to put people through the slow grind of evolution? Hundreds, thousands, millions of years of a hopeless grind? Besides, if my plan succeeds, it may even be the key to stopping Rory from inevitably embracing her true nature as an agent of destruction..." That was a huge long shot, but it was somewhat true. The chances may have been minuscule, but, Rory's nature fluctuates with her emotional state. If the Dream World was brought to peace, the chances, albeit small, of Rory not destroying the world, may increase.

"Wow, I didn't expect you to come up with a cohesive suggestion." Belial said, "But let me ask you... if that was possible, wouldn't we have already tried?" Belial asked.

"Calamities feed off of despair, David. And right now, it's at an all-time high. The amount of training you'd have to do would be crippling for weak dreamers." Belial said, fully turning around as he walked back down.

"Look, what I'm trying to do is swift and effective. You'd have to spend hundreds of years training and helping them, while I can do it in less than two decades. It isn't as if I'm causing anybody harm!" Belial said, gritting his teeth.

"If anything the choice is on you... As a hero, do you want to put people through the slow grind of evolution? Hundreds, thousands, millions of years of a hopeless grind? Besides, if my plan succeeds, it may even be the key to stopping Rory from inevitably embracing her true nature as an agent of destruction..." That was a huge long shot, but it was somewhat true. The chances may have been minuscule, but, Rory's nature fluctuates with her emotional state. If the Dream World was brought to peace, the chances, albeit small, of Rory not destroying the world, may increase.

"......"

"Damn...." David muttered. He had a point, David knew he had a point.

"Shit...." David thought.

"Am I the bad guy here? Is Belial right?"

"...am I really on the right side here...." David thought. Belial was right, training for strength was a long, often hopeless grind. He knew the difficulties of it first hand. He may have managed to surpass his limits with his hard work, but he couldn't expect the average dreamer to.

"and...if he manages to stop Rory from destroying the dream world...." David thought. That was the most pressing issue. Something that David could never find a solution to. If he managed to achieve that....then what if his plan was essential for the dream world's continued survival.

He stayed silent for a while, obviously conflicted.

"You may not be hurting people...physically, Belial. But....what about the families you're tearing apart with your forced separation...?" David said eventually.

"....you should know....firsthand....how it terrible it feels...to be separated from a loved one...." David said slowly, glancing at Rory.

"........" Belial stayed silent for a few seconds, "I do, David. I know it better than anybody, surely." He said, looking at Rory not with a glare or a sneer, but a look of sadness.

"But... I can't think of that. Not when the paradise we've dreamed about since well... forever, is at stake." Belial said bluntly.

(And just to clear things up, the Dream World isn't the only thing the Apoptosis destroys, the Real World gets obliterated to lol.)

(Yeah lol I figured, I just mostly say the dream world since thats where 99% of the story is)

"A paradise...that's something we've wanted...for such a long time..." David said.

David sighed.

"I.....I'm not sure what to say to you, Belial. I don't want to see other kids go through what you did. All those children...ripped away from their families....partners separated from each other....."

"Wouldnt all that just lead to more despair?" David said, becoming a bit emotional.

"The difference being that I'm strong enough to protect them. We are strong enough." Belial said.

"Guys, you can still join me. You still have a chance to make things right, to right you're wrongs. To make the world a better place under me." He held his hand out to them.

"Belial...." David said. He took a step towards him. The hand was tempting him. Belial was tempting him. The plan.... sounded good. Great even. David wasn't smart enough to come up with long terms plans for the dream world. He had always helped by doing what he could, fighting against villains and saving innocents. But even he was starting to realize that alone would not save the dream world.

he took another step forward.

"And maybe...maybe If I join up with him I can convince my wife to do the same! We could...we could be safe...and together...in a paradise...." David thought. That was his dream. to construct a perfect world that Masayoshi and himself could live in peace. Surely, helping Belial could lead to such a thing...right?

He kept moving.

"A world where being a hero wouldn't be needed....where people wouldn't be slaughtered by the trillions...."

He froze, a few feet in front of Belial.

"No....." David thought

"I...I can't do this. Not to the people of the dream world." He thought. He remembered how it felt to lose his own parents. The tears, the overwhelming despair, the resentment. He began to imagine how he would feel, If Masayoshi was forcefully taken from him. The heartache, the longing, the loneliness. He couldn't abide by that. He couldn't force other people to suffer in that way.

"I'm sorry Belial....." David said.

"I...I can't do it" David said, slowly backing away from him.

"What do you mean!?" Belial shouted, "David, this is our chance! This is their chance!" He shouted out once more. Suddenly, Gabriel spoke up, flying so she reached eye level with Belial.

"This is your chance, Belial..." She said bluntly, "You want peace. You want Harmony. We all do. But this isn't the way... To cause more despair will only put the burden to lead humanity to a better future on yourself. You'll push yourself to maintain that peace until it destroys you..." Gabriel said.

"Y-You..." She stuttered, saying something she never thought she'd say to her brother. "You... need to have more faith in human evolution." Belial glared at his sister.

"What...?" He said.

"Did you know that Dream Abilities didn't exist at the beginning?" Gabriel asked her brother, to which he nodded swiftly. "Of course I do... My past life, as a normal Dreamer... Before I died. I was alive during that time." He said.

"Back then, Dream Abilities were weak, practically useless. One could probably use Activation to make themselves slightly faster at most..." Belial said.

"Exactly, brother. Superpowers only developed through time. Even though we might transcend it, the way to evolution was paved with endless time... From the first Star God who created time, to the last Apoptosis who will destroy it and everything in between. Patience is key, brother..." Gabriel said.

"You want to rush... To move forward quickly to paradise. You want to achieve something people have sought since the Age of Star Gods ended in less than two decades. That's impossible to maintain, Belial!" Gabriel said..

"EXACTLY!!" He shouted out, causing the castle to rumble. "That is exactly what I'm trying to do, Gabriel! I'm giving you all paradise, don't you get it!?"

"Gabriel is right..." Lance said, speaking up,

"What good is a paradise...if it will crumble under its own weight? A true paradise can not simply be created overnight..."

"I...I don't think the dream world can achieve... long-term peace. Not with you're plan, Belial. Something like this....It shouldn't be rushed..."

David nodded slowly.

"...this isn't the right move Belial...."

"So what? You're going to just die?" Belial asked, "You'll never see it, you know... The paradise you so desperately wish for. You'll die before you get there... You'll die fighting. Cold and alone on a battlefield in a dark uncaring multiverse..." Belial said.

Rory breathed heavily as if she was having an asthma attack of some sort. "I- I-" She tried to speak up, but she didn't know what to say... Well, she did, but she didn't know what would happen if she said it. Would Belial try to fight them? Kill them? Pandora's Actor told her that she may have to kill Belial's avatar...

"Isn't that... What I said to you...?" Rory asked her son, "Huh?" He turned to her, perplexed.

"Belial... Wh-When I... I tr-... tried to d-destroy everything..." Rory's breathing gradually slowed down as she talked, "I... I told you the same thing... That you'd never see paradise in your lifetimes... That you'd die before you could. A-And you told me... That it didn't matter..." Rory slowly stumbled towards Belial.

"Y-You told me... That we could make a paradise together... That it didn't matter if we died before we could see it... Are you going to go back on that...?" Rory asked her son.

Belial turned away for a moment, "What...?" He thought to himself, gripping his head.

"What do they... What..." Belial mumbled, leaning against his throne. "This doesn't make any sense..." He said, seeming confused. "What am I supposed to do then...?" He thought.

Back