• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragnarök-RP Thread

Meanwhile, Belial searched the planet vigorously to find his mother or Kiara, but came up with nothing. "They probably went to another planet to train... Or perhaps a honeymoon? That's cute." Belial thought to himself as he continued to walk, soon coming up to a semi-large city. "I guess I'll stop here..." Belial said, entering the city with the thought of food on his mind.

"I can't get hungry... But I guess some food would calm me down." Belial thought as he walked around the place for a few minutes.

"Wow... This place kind of sucks." Belial thought to himself. It wasn't strange to see a city in such a hard place, but he couldn't help but acknowledge the struggle. Barely any people outside, the air was dry and desolate, and the sound of the vicious battle against calamities reverberated throughout the entire place.

"Nightmare World still describes this world, I guess," Belial said jokingly in an attempt to lighten his mood. "But seriously though..." Belial said out loud, crossing his arms as he stood in the middle of a street. "The sun of this solar system is freaking dying already."

1KWaVf_GxbMcEomIBxBeLcxU16__gaNkktYnG8UM670sb1M-OecTYkwX30PZj3FxOC5568suPUFA3nbRloqIgryhZGn5SeHxkbWjl9ZR4OC3zCdVv8YBr114SRD4I4Dw

"I'm definitely grateful... But I can't imagine any normal person would enjoy living in an accursed world." Belial said, sighing. "Hey hey, boy! Want some ramen?" An old man yelled over to him from a very small ramen stand... A very old man. The guy must have been over 100 years old, which was surprising for somebody who seemed to be a normal human.

"Sure," Belial said, nodding as he went over to the stand. "Your quite young... No parents, I see." The old man said, "I do have parents. A mother... No, two mothers. I just don't know where they are..." Belial said to the old man. "I see. How about some ramen to relax, then? A nice steaming bowl of ramen always calms me down." The old man said.

"You're oddly optimistic for someone living in this dying world," Belial said to the old man. "Gonna die anyway right? May as well make it quicker with optimism. The more hope you have, the easier it is to get it crushed, after all." The old man said as he prepared Belial's food.

"True that, man." Belial said in a friendly tone, chuckling. "So, you want to die?" Belial asked, "I assume most of us normal people do. Living in this world is hell after all... And it ain't any better in the Real World. May as well die on your own terms than live in sorrow." The old man said, handing Belial a bowl of ramen.

"So... If I killed you, you wouldn't mind?" Belial asked, "Well that depends on how you do it, boy! Haha!" The old man said jokingly, "What ya thinking about, boy? Nobody who hasn't gone through some stuff would ask this kind of stuff to someone they just met." The old man asked.

"I'm just contemplating whether or not I should just destroy everything or not." Belial said, "Quite a bold statement!" The old man said, laughing. "You... Aren't afraid?" Belial asked him, confused.

"So, what conclusion have you come to?" The old man asked, "I... Don't know. I feel like every cell in my body is telling me to destroy everything right now. But I can resist shit like that easily... So I'm just contemplating whether or not this world can truly be fixed. Whether or not being grateful for what you have will actually make you... happy in such a hell." Belial said.

"It won't." The old man said, causing Belial's eyes to droop. "Being grateful doesn't feed the hungry. Being grateful doesn't heal the sick, nor is it gonna revive the dead or stop them damned monsters from ripping the weak to shreds. Superficial stuff like that ain't how I've lived so long, boyo!" The old man said, chuckling.

"Then what's the point of even living if you know nothing that you can do will even work...?" Belial asked. "Well, I mostly just do whatever I want and await the inevitable." The old man said, "And your happy with knowing you'll just die?" Belial asked.

"As happy as can be, boy. This stand is all I need to feel happy. The act of feeding the hungry makes me feel warm. Even if me doing that won't prevent them from dying, that's just life." The old man said, "Eat your food. It's gonna get cold." Belial nodded, holding a pair of chopsticks as he slurped up the noodles.

"It's... delicious." He said to himself, "Glad you like it, kid." The old man said. "I hate this world. It's disgusting and painful, and there isn't anything to like about it besides the mysticism which can also screw you over." Belial said as he began to stress eat his ramen.

"And people you love die, and sometimes the people you love can be the murderer!" Belial said, a bit louder this time. "Hope isn't going to fix anything!!" Belial said before the old man cut him off. "Then what do you want to do?" He asked.

"...To make sure that people don't die in vain. But literally everyone disagrees with that. They want to continue fighting until the end. They want to stay hopeful, and so do I. But what I want to know is how hope is going to fix anything. It would be objectively better to clean off the current canvas and start repainting... But nobody wants to hear that. I can already feel the hero speech being blasted into my ear..." Belial said, finishing his ramen.

"I am hopeful. Hopeful that this world can be fixed. But to do that we would need to completely wipe the slate clean. Humans create despair and despair creates calamity. I would need to completely rewrite the current world laws... And that would be way too hard, nor would anybody agree with it." Belial said, "Wait... Don't I sound just like my mom...?" He thought to himself.

"That is true..." The old man said, "And because of this, you're just going to suffer from your feelings in silence?" He asked. "It's all that I can do, alright? If I tell anybody about this I'll get an unsatisfactory answer. Just a speech. And if I act on it I'll be reigniting the past I left behind... A past of destruction and death. Mindless carnage." Belial said.

"I guess you're right. But what if there was a to somehow fix this world without mass destruction and rebuilding? Would you take it?" The old man asked, "Of course I would! I'd take it in a heartbeat. A world where I could peacefully live with the people that I love sounds... euphoric." Belial said.

"I get what you mean boy, but it ain't possible. Nothing can be gained without first destroying something else..." Belial nodded, "Exactly. All great empires must first tear down the previous one to establish the new regime." Belial said, "Yharon hasn't established anything new, he just took over an already existing empire. And that has helped nothing... It only helped to slow it down. What we need is a system where the most promising can thrive for the good of the world itself..." Belial said.

"Basically kill off the weak and let the strong survive and thrive." The old man said, "...Something like that. If the most promising were allowed to live future generations would most likely be stronger than normal, and also healthier. That'd take centuries to kick in, though..." Belial said, "Although with my intelligence it may be possible." He thought.

"Haha, well, this has been a fun chat, boyo! You're idea is definitely solid. But how do you plan to pull it off?" Belial stared at the roots on his body, "I think I may have an idea. I haven't decided to do this definitively, though. There are a lot of variables to consider." He said, getting up.

"Thanks for the meal, old-timer. I'll consider this talk... thoroughly." Belial said before teleporting away, "My idea isn't ethical at all. I sound like Hitler or whatever. But could it work...? In theory, maybe. But the problem is whether or not I really have the power to... subjugate. Not a chance in hell. I could take on Yharon and Ivan as long as they don't team up... Merlin, well, I have no idea what he'd do. Weaklings like Lance and King Tiger will be easy to defeat... But Rory and Kiara." His plan wouldn't work with all the opposition.

"Shalor..." It wasn't plausible, ethically or theoretically. "Yeah. I can't do something like that." But the thought of his idea still lingered in his mind... It was basic now, but to him, all he had to do was build off of it. Subjugation to preserve the world peacefully. But he couldn't bring himself to betray his loved ones, not now.

"Guess this world is just going to suck forever, then." But the roots wouldn't allow him to stay dormant.

Metatron tapped his foot, sitting at a table. "Mortal, where is the dinner that I requested!? I have another chill up my non-existent spine and I have a hankering for some home cooking! Chop Chop!" Metatron yelled to Lance.

((I like how both of my characters fall solidly in the weakling category at this point lmao))

Metatron tapped his foot, sitting at a table. "Mortal, where is the dinner that I requested!? I have another chill up my non-existent spine and I have a hankering for some home cooking! Chop Chop!" Metatron yelled to Lance.
"Coming right up my good sir!" Lance said.

He moved into the room, levitating dozens of silver platters, containing a large variety of dishes for the angel.

"Well prepared and served with flair, I present to you...your dinner"

The lids on top of the platters lifted upwards, revealing dozens of world-class dishes. Outside of his Mercenary work, Lance took up the hobby of cooking, and thus had amassed quite the skill for it while in the dream world. This, combined with his speed and precision, allowed him to cook a massive amount of meals in the blink of an eye, using creation to make any ingredient the castle lacked.

"I recommend the Beef Ragout myself, or perhaps would you would rather eat the cheese soufflé? If it's seafood you after, I prepared my world-famous seafood chowder! Or perhaps a platter of shrimp would suit you better?" Lance said, pointing out some of the many dishes he had prepared. it was clear he had worked hard in an attempt to please the angel.

((I mean even when he's not training his ass off, which he did do for like 90% of the RP, he is still fighting. he did 1v1 Yamato for a while, so it's not like he slacked while everyone kept training.)

((but yeah most of the time when David isn't getting his ass beat, helping solve problems, or simping over his wife, he does train a lot, he just doesn't catch up with the others because their literal gods compared to him lol))

(He's not weak, he's the only one playing by the rules in a world of cheaters.)
(Rory gets passively stronger via existence, Yharon is a God-King, Belial is a God-King, Kiara got plopped with an OP summon while also being obsessed with strength, Masayoshi and Towa are just generally stupid at strength. Yep, life is unfair...)

Back