• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And his best bets for the fight get nullified. Then he's left to fight against an opponent that can bypass his regen by destroying his soul.

EDIT: Heck, the neo generator drains the soul slowly, gives Dante a perpetual devil trigger and you still have to run like crazy in that mission, absorbing energy from the other enemies you kill lest you die from that. Ragna's soul attacks are way stronger than that. It's a decisive factor here.

And he can bypasses Dante's regen via soul manipulation, but that doesn't remove the dozens of weapons and abilities Dante can use in the fight which can still harm Ragna

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
This irks me, Dante can't do a single thing to ragna, but ragna can soul destroy Dante and other things.....classic definition of stomp right there

Looks at the dozens of abilities Dante has that Ranga has no resistance to*

How exactly can he not do a thing to Ragna?

Here we go again with the "this is a stomp", but now the roles are reversed, Ragna is the one "stomping". If every thread where a character can deal with the other's hax and win was considered a stomp - despite both of them having similar stats and a reasonable ammount of abilities - we might as well only have inconclusive matches.

Looks at the dozens of abilities Dante has that Ranga has no resistance to*

How exactly can he not do a thing to Ragna?

I was only basing of what I read from you guys...and what you guys said is that none of dantes hax attack could harm ragna totally ignoring the fact Dante could still hurt ragna using his other abilities

Just reopening this for a bit of a question, but seeing the verdict, why is it that Ragna wins via being immune to most of his hax and having soul manipulation, something that Dante's resistance should at least stall?

Especially when Dante has sealing, light/ dark manipulation, minor pre-cog, and teleportation (While Ragna has dealt with teleporters before, this would still have an impact when combined with the rest)

That's ignoring the potential AP advantage (At least 5-B vs Possibly 5-B) as well.

Seeing as the debate apparently was brought back from the depths of conclusion, I'll just pull the "I'm the OP, I don't vote, I don't debate, I just count stuff" and wait to see how this stuff turns out.

well i think i will change my vote to Dante as SD said sealing is an option and ragna's basic attacks won't do much to Dante because Dante has soul resistance and DT does increase his stats and heals better. I also forgot royalguard helps guard and self-heal and precog does work. Time manipulation wouldn't be as affective but it still has minor affects until Dante could land hits on Ragna and Yamato may not bypass durability because of the spatial manipulation resistance it still would be affected due to it not being immunity so yeah i think Dante wins

TISSG7Redgrave said:
well i think i will change my vote to Dante as SD said sealing is an option and ragna's basic attacks won't do much to Dante because Dante has soul resistance and DT does increase his stats and heals better. I also forgot royalguard helps guard and self-heal and precog does work. Time manipulation wouldn't be as affective but it still has minor affects until Dante could land hits on Ragna and Yamato may not bypass durability because of the spatial manipulation resistance it still would be affected due to it not being immunity so yeah i think Dante wins
Ragna can cancel sealing via the Phenomena Intervention with the IDEA Engine and Dante only has minor resistance to soul manipulation, and Ragna's soul manipulation is far superior to the gradual soul damage Dante took

minor resistance yes but it won't be as affective as before and i don't exactly understand IDEA engine

>> Has Soul resistance.

I'll clarify on this point: Dante's Soul Resistance is as crappy at it gets, if a soul sucking artifact that gives him perpetual devil trigger can still kill him in a minute or so unless he gets those energy orbs from defeated enemies. I still remember running like crazy to kill the enemies one after another or else Game Over.

But anyways...

Dante: 2 (Jjp7123, TISSG7Redgrave)

Ragna: 6 (WeeklyBattles, Brunout, Zeldasmash, Huesito88, Drellix, Sir Ovens)

SomebodyData said:
Just reopening this for a bit of a question, but seeing the verdict, why is it that Ragna wins via being immune to most of his hax and having soul manipulation, something that Dante's resistance should at least stall?
Especially when Dante has sealing, light/ dark manipulation, minor pre-cog, and teleportation (While Ragna has dealt with teleporters before, this would still have an impact when combined with the rest)

That's ignoring the potential AP advantage (At least 5-B vs Possibly 5-B) as well.

Dante has little resistance to soul manipulation/damage. He had a lot of troubles with the neo generator which drains the soul REALLY slowly. Ragna's azure and blood scythe drains way faster. And the more he drains, the more he heals himself

Dante never sealed anyone who was at their peak. He only was capable of sealing when the enemy was heavily weakened

yea, pre-cog... This really never helped him in a fight. Even with pre-cog he was defeated by Nero Angelo in their first fight. And Dante was using Alastor, the same weapon which gives him pre-cog.

uh.. I don't see how he being able to manipulate darkness and light would change anything

Can't see Dante winning this.

Did you guys ever think that the reason why its slowly gradual was because of the soul resistance?

A minute is a very long time at their speeds.

Uh, count me in for Dante I guess.

@Brunout

1. See earlier post

2. How damaged? It doesn't seem right that you would seal someone you're already beating

3. That would be a bigger feat for Nero than evidence that Pre-cog somehow isn't effective in being pre-cog.

Because the Neo Generator soul sucking slowly (Jester himself said it starts to suck the soul in exchange for power, I don't see an artifact like that just soul sucking in a second) does not equal a planet lvl ap opponent throwing tons of attacks on him, one of which can destroy the soul in a single hit of other opponents of similar lvl. And again, Dante only lasts that long with the Neo Generator if he keeps killing enemies and getting heal orbs.

But anyways, vote counted.

Dante: 3 (Jjp7123, TISSG7Redgrave. SomebodyData)

I do believe Dante may have good cards to play here, but his "Soul Resistance" is not one of them. It fails hard.

SomebodyData said:
@Brunout
1. See earlier post

2. How damaged? It doesn't seem right that you would seal someone you're already beating

3. That would be a bigger feat for Nero than evidence that Pre-cog somehow isn't effective in being pre-cog.
The neo generator drains the soul at the same low rate, regardless how much resistance to it has Dante. Jester said that.

It was never shown dante sealing someone who was at full power. If he could do it, then why he didn't with arkham? Why he needed Vergil's help? Why he needed weaken Arkham?

Not only with Nero. With mundus, Trish, etc.

Both Mundus and Trish were able to take him off guard.

How fast is the Neo-Generator normally? Because if it can easily suck a normal soul, then it goes to show that the soul manipulation in this case is at all that effective.

Also, wouldn't the heal orbs be game mechanics?

@SomebodyData Not really sure on that one. They fall when Dante kills stuff and description is as follows:

DMC 2 >> "A crystal with condensed demon fluid, it will recover your vitality."

DMC 3 >> "A magic green stone of crystallized demon essence. It returns lost life power."

Not sure if it qualifies for canon or game mecanics.

that is a game mechanic @fate you can't logically surivive fighting a horde of enemies in game and be a pacifist so they gave u green orbs to live in the game...

Note: This could be edited because i can't watch it yet cause school but this is from memory alone

Ok once Dante got the thing Jester explained for i think a minute or less but Dante did waste some time there and then DT which seemed to slowed the process (i said in theory but that's 100% vague considering you can't exit the form). Dante can at least hold it for 5 minutes (based on the mission + cutscenes) as the cart section is manditory as well so it should be at least around that time as he has to get a ton of back tracking and fighting back I will change the comment if necessary when i watch the vid

I'll start off by saying that by looking at dante and ragna's page i've come to this conclsuio

Ragna:

-Ragna is immune to Mind,Soul,Space attacks and Power Negation

-Ranga can dish out Soul deystroying attacks

-Has Energy Maniplation and Barrier Creation

-Can transform into the Black Beast

Dante:

-Dante has Energy Manipulation, Elemental Manipulation, Darkness Manipulation, Light Manipulation, Time Manipulation, Energy Absorption,Spatial Manipulation via Yamato,Self-Healing via the Royalguard Style, Preternatural Senses/Minor Precognition and Flight

-Dante is Resistance to Soul-Based/Spiritual Attacks and Absolute Zero attacks

-Can induce mental incapacitation via dark voids

-Can transform into his devil trigger state

let's get to my verdict

Ragna is immune to dantes Time,Space,and Mind manipulation but is not immune to his Elemental,Darkness,and Energy Manipulation

as stated above dante can hurt ranga with his Elemental,Darkness,and Energy Manipulation

Ragna can only hurt dante via his soul and physical attacks

Dante's Yamato can bypass Ragna's barries via Spatial Manipulation

As you can see there both evenly matched, but it's dante's precog, elemental,darkness,and energy manipulation that give him the win

That was a very good insight to justify your vote, Peter.

Dante: 4 (Jjp7123, TISSG7Redgrave. SomebodyData, Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff)

Ragna took down Terumi, who had seen every timeline there was. Terumi couldn't consistently, but the fact of the matter is that Ragna took down someone who already knew what was going to happen way before it did.

Ragna also managed to take him down the Japanese God Susano'o (Terumi), technically twice, by taking him out of the Susano'o Unit by sheer force and finally finishing him off by obliterating him with his Astral in the Azure Horizon.

Terumi in the Susano'o Unit = 100% Hakumen

I don't exactly know what it means to beat a person no matter what even though he knew ehat was going to happen that just seems like fate resistance or something???

Again, I can't see how Dante pre-cog would help him in the fight. It never helped him in the middle of a battle.

Even with his pre-cog, he was taken off guard by Nero Angelo, by Trish, and Mundus

Not to mention that isn't he who has pre-cog. it's the alastor.

Or Dante uses Yamato/force edge, or he uses Alastor.

Also, Ragna already fought people who had both energy and elemental manipulation. Like Nine the panthom.

Brunout said:
Again, I can't see how Dante pre-cog would help him in the fight. It never helped him in the middle of a battle.
Even with his pre-cog, he was taken off guard by Nero Angelo, by Trish, and Mundus

Not to mention that isn't he who has pre-cog. it's the alastor.

Or Dante uses Yamato/force edge, or he uses Alastor.

Also, Ragna already fought people who had both energy and elemental manipulation. Like Nine the panthom.
So? just becasue he fought people with energy and elemental maniplation doesn't mean anything, he can still be hurt by them

I didn't said that he can't be hurt by them.

Just saying that he already has experience fighting people who can do these things.

Yea

But in one of your comments, you said that Dante takes this via energy and elemental manipulation. Like this would give Dante his victory.

Darkness manipulation, though...

Also, I'm surprised that no one even mentioned Majin form here

TBF Full power Ragna is probably gonna have to be upgraded considering CF's ending

As it stands its close, I wouldn't say Ragna is immune to Dante's hax he is just somewhat resistant to them as he has been teleported and ****** with all the time by space and time magic.

Though the people screwing with Ragna are all arguably much more magically inclined then Dante.

Personally I think they both counter eachother pretty hard, Ragna is strong against Yamato and Quicksilver, Dante is strong against Drive: Soul Eater and the Azure in general (Though not by much) a fight between them will be long and drawn out with an equalized speed though you can make the argument that it is gonna boil closer to who is more skilled then who can out hax the other.

Ragna isn't nearly as skilled as Dante is and would arguably be taking many more hits then he would be and Ragna's regen even with Soul Eater is pretty crappy mainly compared to Dante's.

Look at it like this Ragna slashes Dante his physical body heals but he notices the damage to his soul and begins avoiding it more with his superior skill, Ragna gets hit with Rebellion? The wound might close up if its shallow enough but if Dante nails a limb or cuts deep enough that physical wound will slow Ragna down for the rest and the damage would start taking its toll and he wouldn't really be able to heal with Soul Eater.

They both counter eachother in a way that puts them closer to just dueling with swords in which case I belive Dante would probably win at least 6 - 4 even with Ragna's superior albiet hard to use HAX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back