• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dante thinks Ragna is Ripping off his style but Ragna says there is more than one red jacket/badass longcoat out there. Literally a thousand bastards out there with a similar design and he's not that special. Dante doesn't buy it (he's convinced that he bought every single badass red longcoat in existence) and decides to kick Ragna's ass, but maybe it won't be so easy... Or will it?

The Reaper will make the Devil Cry? Or the son of Sparda will slay the Beast?

Rules: Dante and Ragna are in their planet lvl ratings for this match. Both in character and speed is equalized (any of this can be changed if necessary).

Care to elaborate a bit more? I don't see how this is a stomp, frankly speaking. Ragna has resistance to quite a bit of Dante's best hax and it's not like he can't react to anything Dante does or like he doesn't have hax of his own.

EDIT: This is at most a decisive victory. Stomp would be if Ragna couldn't do jack and squat to fight Dante.

Time manipulation, duplications, elemental manipulation, Regenerationn from severe woulds, demonic energy manipulation, years more experience of fighting tougher enemies, teleportation... yeah, this is a stomp.

Read the rules and you'll see that they're both in their planet lvl tiering for this match, meaning no Universal Dante.

Yeah, i just read the rules completely. I apologize for not reading it through the first time around.

As for the fight, both can do plenty of damage to each other, but i think Dante has more versatility in his hax. Ragna has his fair share of hax, but Dante has just more versatility.

Ragna however is immune to most of his hax and can keep up with him quite easily.......

Jjp7123 said:
Time manipulation, duplications, elemental manipulation, Regenerationn from severe woulds, demonic energy manipulation, years more experience of fighting tougher enemies, teleportation... yeah, this is a stomp.
Time >> Ragna resists or no sells. Also Noel has space piercing attacks and he resists them, so don't start on "Yamato one shots".

Elemental Manipulation >> Nothing he's not used to.

Regenerationn >> Ragna can hit the soul.

Demonic energy manipulation >> Did I mention Ragna has something similar to that?

Teleportation >> Ragna is used to fighting Rachel who does that a lot.

And you really expect both fighters to be 100% equal for it not to be a stomp? This is called having advantages over one another, not a criteria for outright being stomp.

Still, I think Dante would win because of his advantages and versatality. He'd have an advatage in close combat, with telekinesis, elemental manipulation and duplications.

That's fine. You think Dante's versatility still gives him the edge in this battle.

Since it's settled then that this is not a stomp, I'll start counting the votes from now on.

Dante: 1 (Jjp7123)

Ragna:

Inconclusive:

Yeah i'll give this to Ragna in a fairly difficult fight. He's immune to all of Dante's major hax (Time manip, Spacial manip, Mind manip, Sealing) and his soul attacks would be able to bypass Dante's minor soul damage resistance, regen, and self healing. Plus he's fought people with most of Dante's powers before.

Rags has pretty much resistance to any HAX of Dante.

And can attack his soul, something that Dante has not shown resistance against

Yamato wouldn't do too much shit, because Ragna already beat hakumen once, who has spatial manipulation

My vote goes to Rags

Yeah after thinking about, i'm switching from Dante to Ragna. Dante can still do some stuff to Ragna (Quicksilver), but Ragna just doesn't care about Dante's hax.

Ragna for reasons above. I don't see any of Dante's hax being a problem for Ragna. And the soul attacks bypass his regen so there's that.

Ragna literally after looking is resistant to all of dante's major haxes sadly yamato can bypass durability but it relies on spatial manipulation so i won't count on it Ragna it is

Ragna: 6 (WeeklyBattles, Brunout, Zeldasmash, Huesito88, Drellix, TISSG7Redgrave)

Inconclusive:

well not yet until it reaches 7 then a grace period happens for a day

I think is worth mentioning, especially since the soul draining properties of Blood-Scythe was key to this outcome is that Dante has actually dealt with something draining his soul before. Remember in DMC3's 12th Mission when Dante got the Haywire Neo-Generator? It was an item that drained the soul of its user while giving them power in exchange. Jester implied that most can't even survive using it at all saying "Even the Devil Boy is no match for it!" (Well, at least, that's what I interpreted from that.)

Here's the cutscene:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZA3ZZ

The neo generator drains the soul really slowly.

Ragna's azure and blood scythe drains way faster than the Neo generator. Especially when he uses his "devoured by darkness" move

i would have argued that long time ago if i didn't know Ragna had a more potent soul manipulation unless Dante can survive soul destroying techniques like ragna has or higher he doesn't stand a chance

Yeah, I'll request it in the thread.

Ragna: 7 (WeeklyBattles, Brunout, Zeldasmash, Huesito88, Drellix, TISSG7Redgrave, Sir Ovens)

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
How would this be added? You said it yourself you that ranga is immune to all of dantes major haxes so how would that be fair?
He's still gonna have a fairly difficult fight via their stats. It would all come down to a physical fight.

What Xmark said. Ragna can deal with all the major hax Dante has to offer, but that doesn't make this a stomp for him. If anything, his ability to negate said hax is what made the match possible in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back