• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about SCP foundation verse

Soooo I want to start reading the series but the issue is I don't know what should I do I searched on the official site but I couldn't understand shit, is SCP Foundation some kind of Novel series or something? Where shoul I start reading? Can anybody give me a direct link?

Also why is the SCP Foundation site full of warnings like :

"ANY NON-AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ACCESSING THIS FILE WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED THROUGH BERRYMAN-LANGFORD MEMETIC KILL AGENT. SCROLLING DOWN WITHOUT PROPER MEMETIC INOCULATION WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE CARDIAC ARREST FOLLOWED BY DEATH."

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED."

Like Is this some kind of a joke or something?

you can start everywhere as long as its an article, from there you can go to the lore and tales of the articles.

Those are warnings because SCP is supposedly real and it give you a warning in case you don't have the authority to enter confidential files, like a govenrment secret files as a comparison, ofc you will always have the authority needed, OR you will not have it, in those case its because the article wants you to feel the suspense of lack of information.
SCP is about anything, comedy, suspense, terror, or just starighforwar the foundation being abosultely OP in some minor cases. Or how insignificant we are in other.

Is this website where the community creates these pages that are fictional articles talking about Eldritch objects, creatures, locations, and events, as well as how to contain them, sort of like a Wiki that treats it like the authors are writing about a real-life thing.

There generally isn't much in the terms of storylines besides small snippets that talk about interactions with the SCPs on the pages, and some separate stories (of dubious canonicity) that give more depth into a few of the SCPs and what they do.

The SCP Foundation is less like a novel series and more like a series of articles based around anomalies which also involve stories written by authors giving detail on or expanding on preexisting articles, so if you want to start somewhere you'd want to find those stories.
As for the memetic agent thing, that's done on the wiki to kind of sell the idea that what you're reading wasn't from horror writers but the careful analysis of highly dangerous artifacts or entities which shouldn't get into the hands of anyone not part of The Foundation

Is this website where the community creates these pages that are fictional articles talking about Eldritch objects, creatures, locations, and events, as well as how to contain them, sort of like a Wiki that treats it like the authors are writing about a real-life thing.

There generally isn't much in the terms of storylines besides small snippets that talk about interactions with the SCPs on the pages, and some separate stories (of dubious canonicity) that give more depth into a few of the SCPs and what they do.
Well should I start reading articles like this for example? Also are you telling me that...... Scp creatures are real or something? I still can't take the agent warning thing seriously tbh

Any article would be a good idea to start whether it's and scp or not. I can get some good starting points.

Okay so do you see the tags underneath the story which say things like tale or brothers death? Click on them, and it'll send you to a hub of sorts with links to articles or stories involving those words/characters.
As for the second chapter? That would likely be Dust and Blood

Back