• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pursued Thread 1

At this point, since the shelves aren't falling no matter what, I move next to one, create a ward around me, and try to push the shelf over in front of me.

[y tho]

With the right leverage, the shelf topples over and falls towards Piscantur.

A voice in Piscantur's head screams "DOOOODGE"

At the sound of crashing and a shout, I burst into the room it came from about to shoot at the first shape I see in the room before it registers as Piscantur.

"The **** is going on?" I ask, looking between her, the fallen shelf and Astefron who seems to have pushed it over.

Piscantur trys to put the shelf back up. "I let you people live in my house, you could at leat be respectful and not desrtroy it..." You hear her mumble.

[I'm assuming i can't use my spells on the dream world]

I don't have time for this.

Seeing the eldritch beasts advancing, i turn around and run as fast as possible. Getting away from them is the objective here, no matter what it takes.

As Rosefelt run, he hears the skittering scratching noises behind him getting closer. The straight road stretches out in front of him. To the right, a small alley curves between two buildings. Thin enough that only one of the monsters could fit at a time, but he can't see anything beyond the entrance. If it gets even thinner further in, or if its a dead end, he'd be trapped too.

I don't trust alleys, so i keep going on the straight road as fast as possible.

[In case there are any trash cans or similar things]

I drop objects on the road, in a atempt to create obstacles.

The streets are empty of all trash cans. Running through the empty streets, Rosefelt hears the creatures scratching increase in speed. With no obstacles and only a straight road to run along, they are gaining on him, their momentum increasing.

He turns around a wide corner, and sees an open door in a house, light streaming out, a vague shadowy figure grinning with sharp teeth, clawed hand outstretched, beckoning him to come in. Before him stretches more road to flee along.

Meanwhile, the ruckus going on in the house causes Rosefelt's eyelids to flicker.

I'd rather deal with these shit eating scum another time.

Rosefelt runs to the house's door, not very worried about the stranger with a claw.

The shadowy figure, who remains shadowy and indistinct despite now being in bright light, slams the door shut. Something pounds on the door, and a baying noise rings out from beyond it, echoing across the cosmos, but the symbols shine on the door and the barrier remains firm.

The walls of the entrance hallway look like they are made of some kind of large golden scales, and they glow, lighting the interior in a golden sheen. The figure places a finger where its lips should be and silently gestures for Rosefelt to go ahead of it, further down the brightly lit hallway to what looks to be some kind of kitchen at the end.

Nothing is in your pockets.

As you enter the kitchen, you hear a clicking noise behind you, and something hard presses itself against the back of your head. A guttural voice sounds from behind you, human words issuing from an inhuman tongue.

"Beware the Father between the Stars"

The sound of a gunshot rings out from behind him, and Rosefelt wakes up in a panic, memories of the dream already fading. Except for those final words.

"...Beware the Fathet between the Stars."

I repeat the words while looking around the room.

"So, what has been going on? The hell happened while i was asleep?" I ask to those in the room.

[Gotcha.]

"Well, great. Seems like i am talking with myself now... What the hell was that dream anyway? Those were dream monsters. What are they doing here?"

I decide to stop asking questions to nobody, put my revolver in my pocket and my artifact around my neck.

I follow into the next room.

An overturned bookshelf is blocking the door from opening fully but you managed to get inside.

You see quite the sight.

Due to firing blindly, the bullet misses and lodge themselves in the door next to Rosefelt.

He feels a strike of pride that he dodged without needing to do anything

An instant before Piscantur bops Eliot on the head, his danger senses start screaming again

Piscantur uses her close combat skills to catch the gun. "If you keep ruining my house I'll be forced to to kick you out." She says camly yet seriously.

"...hehehhehehe."

I laugh, amused that this guy thought he could actually hurt me. I would feel pity... would, if hit stupidy didn't impress me.

"Anyway, seems we have a beast out for us, correct? With me in here, you lot don't need to worry. I will personally say it... but first, we need to prepare."

"Understandable stance to have but seeing as we have eldritch monsters likely coming for us all right now, Rosefelt's suggestion is probably best."

Turning to the man in question (who preferably has a plan in mind), I mutter under my breath. "Asterfron is the one who was flipping over shelves."

Piscantur successfully restores the bookcase to ts original position.

The voices in her head start cheering and booing in equal measure.

Piscantur mentally thanks the cheering voices and trys to ignore the booing one's, she walks back over to the group.

"So, what will you do? I, myself, would rather explore the house, but you can do whatever you want."

I say to my servants.

Piscantur rolls her eye's. "Feel free to explore my house, just dont mess with or break anything." She grabs a random book and starts reading it.

Piscantur finds herself reading a very steamy scene in a cheesy romance novel for middle aged women.

Rosefelt finds various household appliances, a brochure for the town library, several fishing rods in a cupboard, and a dozen cans of non-perishable foodstuffs in the cupboards. He also finds some unopened letters addresses to the house's owner (Mr Mortem)

Heading back to the living room, I flop down on my previous couch and take a short nap.

I'm sure I'll wake up if anything happens.

Back