• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puella Magi Discussion Thread XI or I: The Eternal Story

I just glad that Uroboutcher is finally back to his comfort zone after bunch of really awful stories he made (Aldnoah Zero and Godzilla Earth Trilogy), its like PMMM was his true heart

I know there is FGO LB3 but still
Alright, he only wrote the first 3 episodes of Aldnoah, the people behind that anime just used Urobuchi as a marketing gimmick for their story, that's all.

Godzilla Earth Trilogy wasn't good, though that feels more like an issue of them stretching out a script for 1 movie to 3. If you view all 3 movies as 1 big movie, it does work better as a story, not amazing or anything, but still.

Besides that, Urobuchi has been writing some of his best work yet on Thunderbolt Fantasy, so you should be watching that if you're missing him.

I guess new mg with green hair will manipulate time by replay or pause film,because her costume is related to film so I think that's her weapon

Alright, he only wrote the first 3 episodes of Aldnoah, the people behind that anime just used Urobuchi as a marketing gimmick for their story, that's all.

Godzilla Earth Trilogy wasn't good, though that feels more like an issue of them stretching out a script for 1 movie to 3. If you view all 3 movies as 1 big movie, it does work better as a story, not amazing or anything, but still.

Besides that, Urobuchi has been writing some of his best work yet on Thunderbolt Fantasy, so you should be watching that if you're missing him.

Thunderbolt Fantasy

Shit, how i forgot about that, still outside of Thunderbolt Fantasy and FGO LB3 he didn't done something epic so i hope this new movie will proof that Urobutcher is still a "monster"

Sorry about being inactive, have mostly been dealing with work lately. And when I am actice, I'm mostly just looking for feats for the 7-A problem, so I haven't responded much.

Which ones Random?

Nice, Delta. Seems like lately anime movies have been the craze, so its not too surprising it'll be coming next year.

Delta

The return to Walpurgis seems pretty separate from what we were shown in the concept movie tbh, think it might be out the window.

Random

Just need better reasoning / feats for the 7-A reasonings in the verse.

...So, about that AU Tart event on Magia Record.

This might make Magia Record's cosmology more complex or make the anthologies canon, depending on how this plays out.

I mean currently both of them already has many versatile haxes(devil homura has even shown her 4-D mind hax that infinitely above baseline on screen)but yeah if heaven has more contexts in the next movie Madoka,Homura and UKG can be low 1-C

I want ultimate madoka and devil homura to show some insane feats and hax because honestly on screen they don't have that many.
They already have some crazy hax like passive law hax which is a tough thing to deal with, and Conceptual Manipulation Type 2 which can stomps a lot of verse.

Passive Law Manip also technically works as passive ohko, but at the moment only against low 2-C characters and below.

Yeah, kinda got preoccupied in the middle of the updates, but I'll probably start resuming them soon; if not today. I will say ahead of time, I won't just be updating Kazumi Magica. I plan on finally bringing the majority of the antagonists and Saints to VSBattles.

@AnimeGod I expect either more causality-related abilities or some very funky empathic manip

Last edited:
I swear people on the death battle thread on spacebattle are really underestimating madoka. I said death battle should do madoka vs sailor moon and someone said that sailor moon would stomp madoka like wtf? Do you even know anything about madoka.
Yeah, kinda got preoccupied in the middle of the updates, but I'll probably start resuming them soon; if not today. I will say ahead of time, I won't just be updating Kazumi Magica. I plan on finally bringing the majority of the antagonists and Saints to VSBattles.

@AnimeGod I expect either more causality-related abilities or some very funky empathic manip
Does the madoka or homura have faith manipulation? Yeah I agree.

That's interesting. I thought SpaceBattles' interpretation of the verse is also 2-A (Even on the same level of 2-A) just for very different reasoning. Maybe they just have a stronger Sailor Moon?

As I'm pretty sure we're getting close to the last of the general updates, I'm kinda forced to make an ultimatium here on a few issues we have left, mostly from wiki revisions and just being outdated:

1. Tart Final Ver. - Either we downgrade her to unknown for now or wait til I produce the mirror witch profile, in which case she'll remain where she's at. But idk when that story will ever be completely translated.

2. Mami and tier 7-A in general - If we don't find a feat, she'll have to be downgraded to 'at least 7-B' or upgraded 'at most 6-C'. Given how the current upscaling thread is headed, she'll probably be upgraded, though I'm not sure how I feel about it.

3. There still a perception that PMMM is mostly pocket reality feats (Even though currently the only one that still relies on it is tier 7-C, which probably has a few decent character feats there if we just look around a bit.) How do we change that?

Back