• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puella Magi Discussion Thread X: Gacha is Suffering

Status
Not open for further replies.
>Picks up magia record

>"Oh new magical girl"

>"oh she's a weeb"

>"oh. And I thought Tart was the Blast Queen"

Yeah, I made my post on Tumblr at like 2:50 in the morning or something, a little after maitenance ended and I first saw her. Though it seems someone had the idea to call her that on Discord a few minutes before I did.

It's not really that hard a name to come up with, so not too surprising this occurred independently of each other.

@Edward

It's cuz she's American. Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee hawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

@Leaf

I see, I see.

Beast Zero Gudako said:
Also, the reminds me about a question I've been meaning to ask. Does Madoka resides within the Heaven or does she transcendend it as well? Since I'm not sure if the LoC assistants being on the same level of existence as Madoka, despite being part of her.
Hey SD, ^^^

She is Heaven and simutaneously resides in it if I remember correctly.

No, I think it was in the Production Guide, we might still have it on what of the general threads.

Don't wanna spoil anyone, so, uh tell me when you guys have watched it.

Spoiler warning!
This article contains plot details about an upcoming episode.
All the spoilers are inside, I'm just using this as a placeholder.

Damn, they did the episode pretty well to me.

Although the scene between A and B is more cheesy than touching compared to the one from the game, the battle was definitely top notch. We also got confirmation regarding few unamswered questions as well, so that's a plus.

Would have rated the first part 8/10 if they managed to tone down the cheesyness, but for now I'll rate it 7.5/10

Not gonna lie, still have no idea what you guys are referring to as cheesy.

It is hard to explain since it's mostly came from feeling.

But for me, it's probably the fact that the Anime feels a bit "too sweet" and more like your regular Magical Girl anime than a Madoka anime (And I refuse to put Madoka on the same level as any other magical girls anime). And no, I'm not comparing the plot to the og Madoka, I'm comparing "the atmosphere" I feel when watching it. And I think the game did it better in delivering "the atmosphere" close to the og series than the Anime despite the happy ending.

This reminds me that I gotta start reading the game main story later on. Linda stopped at Uwasa Tsuruno Arc due being not translated yet.

@Omega you should ask Schnee, his hate for it is so detailed that it seems he's just a tsundere for it.

Yachiyo vs. Mami was completely physical when Mami is a ranged fighter (Currently she only has Mountain Class with Legs of Gold). Of course, you could also argue Mami wasn't anywhere near serious, just looking at the fight.

Alina has no context to how she 'beat' Mami.

I mean, didn't we always scale Striking Strength to Tier?

Alina did mentioned that Mami is giving her so.much trouble that she had to go all out. And seeing both her and Mami are range fighter, I believes she was implying her matching Mami in range combat.

That aside, Sayaka is a total beast in this episode. She deflected Tiro Finale from Hoky Mami after all. She also ha shown more combat skills feat as well.

But what are we gonna do about her feat deflecting Tiro Finale? While I don't think it would scale to her base stats, it might scale to her amped one since IIRC she got stronger through stats amps when taking damage. Or we just considered it as outlier.

Not for ranged fighters.

We don't know if Alina had assistance (which is likely, given Mami got brainwashed), but even then, Alina would only have to be Town level to actually injure Mami.

She doesn't scale but it ain't an outlier either. Her arm literally blew up from the shockwaves alone. Safe to say that it counts as a feat, but not something we tier.

I absolutely loved this episode. Holy Mami felt just right in terms of power, and I'm glad the girls actually used their Doppels. You know, the thing the game is marketed on, but characters never use unless they're villains.

That moment where Iroha burns through the projector, the way Mami's ribbons covered her eyes and soul gem in that shot, the Tiro Finale cannons breaking to bits after each shot (showing Mami's reckless strength in this form), Sayaka's arm exploding (which was more gruesome than any bloodbaganime explosion out there), Touka's fascist speech, just immaculate directing all around.

>Flawless Legs of Gold Mountain Level

Isn't that because it scales 5o one of her attacks or something? Which one was it?

>Ashley Taylor

Btw, played through Ashley Taylor MSS, she was able to beat a Kamihama Witch, and while she stated it was more difficult than usual, she said she also beat it easy. So I think we can confidently put her in 7-B, as this is similar to Kyoko and Mami's experience.

This is also supported by the fact that she's the daughter of some rich influential figures, and such girls are stronger on average than others, due to higher Karmic Destiny.

Oh yeah, one last thing from the MSS wrt Ashley. Kumanosuke wasn't part of her original kit, and was only added after she received it as a present in Japan. So she was that strong without it, and given she primarily uses him for combat, it's likely that he's a big amo to her strength. Though we'll have to see with the upcoming morning story, as I think that's where we'll see her first use him.

I thnk it was just stated to be on the same level as her rifles.

Currently we have Kamihama Witches at Low 7-B, so "At least Low 7-B, likely 7-B" probably works better in my opinion.

Hey @Beast, when you were updating everyone's range, did you just remove their previous range and plaster on Interdimensional?

Candy is now out. Expect more witches and Uwasa mostly, since magical girls tend to take more research.

So, was rechecking Homura's Doppel Training for Candy's feats, and yeah, its confirmed to be the third timeline but this time Homura realized no one would believe her if she spoke out about Kyubey.

I mean, it depends if we ever see her again after this fate weave, since she's a limited girl ;_;.

Also dropped Gertrud.

I'm almost positive they're going to reveal her doppel tomorrow. Since they've been showing something new for her each monday of March.

SomebodyData said:
Hey @Beast, when you were updating everyone's range, did you just remove their previous range and plaster on Interdimensional?
For Magical Girls, I noted the Interdimensional Range only applies to their Extrasensory Perception.

For Witches, with few exceptions, yeah I did.

I haven't touch Doppel tho.

@Beast Well, Interdimensional doesn't actively replace any range, its more of a "Extended Melee and Interdimensonal" kind of thing.

@Leaf Perhaps, or perhaps not. Who knows how NA is gonna handle this, especially considering how surprising it was that Ashley was limited (at least imo).

@Everyone On a positive side-note: Magia Record seems to be in the top 30 mobile games in terms of revenue. The immediacy of season 2 also probably means the anime was well received. We might see a resurgence of PMMM stuff, which (hopefully) means console games and translations.

Which rank? Also they are still have the unnamed series project aside MagiReco anime right? And the movie too....if they really want to continuing it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back