• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puella Magi Discussion Thread VII: Waiting for Main Story Chapter 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Monarch I seeeeee, link me his pain.

@Everyone So is there any consensus on what the ratings shoulf be? I don't mind upgrading them based on Patricia or downgrading them due to outlier/invalidation of pocket realities as a whole, as long as either option isn't contradictory.

Also, I'm starting to work on the Oktavia calc, not sure how I feel about it though.

I think that 7-C can stay, although they'd become baseline. It meets the size requirements.

I'm neutral about upgrading or downgrading, although imo it isn't particularly outlierish when stronger people have 6-C (Madoka) and 6-B (Tart) feats.

Invalidating pocket reality feats as a whole is a no from me.

Hmmm, well regardless of the method, it would still be in the tier 7-B thru 6-C range wouldn't it?

What do you mean by "regardless of the method"? Size is our only option, and the issue is with determining it. Slapping an arbitrary value like that is not very good IMO.

Method to find size

Nah just wanna know the general range of results so we could determine if its an outlier ahead of time, saving us the trouble of trying to find an exact number.

B-but Wal's own feats are only 7-B...

I know it was done by existing, but so was Patricia's barrier. But what do I know? lol

I mean technically you're right. Only the barrier thing was directly meant to produce energy by the PM system, Walpurgis gives out that level of energy on a daily basis without actually even being there.

Though I do think Patricia is probably an outlier tbh, but there aren't any other feats to confirm that 100 percent

That's also ignoring the issue with Patricia's durability. If it's going to end up at Unknow then, well... we gotta search for something else, I guess.

I feel like something is going on between you two, not sure if I should interfere...

Kaltias said:
Patricia's dura doesn't affect like, anything except Homura's bombs.
So you're saying we're going to scale characters directly to Patricia's barrier? Otherwise I have no clue what you're getting at tbh

I mean that's what we already do.

We scale Madoka's AP from Patricia's because she deflected her attacks, Madoka's AP to Kyoko's dura, and so on

Oh, okay. However, I still have a problem with scaling the barrier to her attacks. But if people are fine with it, I'll go along.

According to the page's revision history Zach has only edited it once throughout its existence.

What has he said/done that makes y'all think he hates it? I'm not doubting it, just wondering.

@Arrogant Some people who dislike a franchise add themselves as neutral, generally to avoid being called bias by participating in threads from what I understand. The ones who do put themselves as opponents don't really try interacting with the verse. As for the hate thing, he's not very subtle about it tbh.

@Rebuble Maybe I can help with your problem, is there any particular reason why?

Probably because he's said he dislikes the verse and downplays it a ton during certain threads

And Data isn't wrong, I do that myself for certain verses

New doppel from the second part of the Monogatari collab

"ÕÆ╝ ("Yugamu"?) (Master: Mayoi Hachikuji)

The Doppel of wandering astray. Its form is a lost cow. The master of this emotion wishes only to return to her mother's house. This Doppel, on the other hand, believes itself to be its master's true mother, and in order to protect its master from the cruel fate that awaits her, it creates many spatial vortexes in front of her to prevent her from returning home. Those unlucky enough to be caught in the vortexes will be trampled and killed by the Doppel, and will be destined to wander eternally between the realms of life and death."

Gee Shaft, how come the crossover characters that are never getting a profile get hax?

Btw I was thinking, we should probably remove Mid-Godly from Madoka (and possibly Homura, if she fits the requirements for type 1 abstract).

Mostly because they aren't really regenerating, it's more that they are never really hit unless it's conceptual stuff (That's not a downgrade btw, it's simply removing something redundant).

Also they get type 5 immortality. They are well past the point where conventional life and death apply

Ye, the LoC itself doesn't have mid-godly. Only Madoka's avatars (and even then, that'd be type 9)

Madoka should definitely get type 5. Unless someone wants to say that a law can conventionally die

Why did Homura lose type 5 again? I'm fairly sure she had it some time ago

Because we replaced it with type 3 via concept, but if she a type 1 abstract she'd regain it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back