• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Are there any accepted calculations used as a basis for the statistics, or are they just filled with guesswork?

Are there any accepted calculations used as a basis for the statistics, or are they just filled with guesswork?
guesswork. The High 7A calc just leads to the size of the mountain not how much power was in the blast. A profile have small island level as striking class. 6B calc only calc range and speed not ap. Only the 7B and High 6A have proper calcs

The verse uses naturo forum calcs.
Okay. Would somebody be willing to copy them to a blog in our wiki (while giving credit to whoever originally wrote them), and then ask to get them evaluated, please? Even if we delete the verse, it would be useful to keep around.
guesswork. The High 7A calc just leads to the size of the mountain not how much power was in the blast. A profile have small island level as striking class. 6B calc only calc range and speed not ap. Only the 7B and High 6A have proper calcs
Okay. That does not seem reliable enough to continue to feature in our wiki then. Or are there any HE characters that only scale to those calculations?

I am requesting the deletion of the Dota 2 verse and all of its character pages. The reason being that the pages are extremely outdated, the characters scale to feats they either didn't perform or outdated calcs, there is barely any explanation for the abilities of the characters (Io, KotL, Enigma, etc. don't have any scans or explanations for their abstract existence), and the users most knowledgeable about the verse agreed here that it should be outright removed.

I'm not familair with the Dota 2 pages so I'll do a little investigating before agreeing right away.

If other knowledgeable staff members could take a look too and decide if the verse warrants deletion, please take a look.

I do not particularly mind, if there is truly nobody willing and able to fix the verse, but quite a lot of pages would need to be deleted and have the wiki links to them removed:

Here is a verse that largely contains guesswork statistics without any calculations as a basis. Is it fine if I delete the pages in it?

This page also seems suspicious in this regard:

It may affect other profile pages for the verse as well.

This page also seems suspicious in this regard:

It may affect other profile pages for the verse as well.
someone is planning on revising it soon I think.

Okay. That is good then. What about the other verse that I linked to?

I'm planning to eventually make a CRT for it, fyi. Albeit it will take quite a long while, as I'm still nowhere near the end of the novel.

Still, I'd appreciate it if someone could add it to my sandbox, as I am currently on Phone, and copying stuff to sandbox on phone is a pain in the ass.

I will do so, but the calculation blogs for the verse should preferably remain.

I have deleted the pages and removed the links to them from other pages. (Only navigation templates in this case.)

Okay. Would somebody be willing to copy them to a blog in our wiki (while giving credit to whoever originally wrote them), and then ask to get them evaluated, please? Even if we delete the verse, it would be useful to keep around.

Okay. That does not seem reliable enough to continue to feature in our wiki then. Or are there any HE characters that only scale to those calculations?
only the god tiers. The verse should be axed there is not even supporters to revise it

The Librrians verse is outdated and my attempt at updating didn`t work. I don`t have to will to revise the verse my last ctr only touched on the loom of fate stuff the rest wasn`t applied and the ctr is in limbo
Can you link to your content revision thread(s) please? Perhaps I can help.

You can also ask for help here:

I am requesting the deletion of the Dota 2 verse and all of its character pages. The reason being that the pages are extremely outdated, the characters scale to feats they either didn't perform or outdated calcs, there is barely any explanation for the abilities of the characters (Io, KotL, Enigma, etc. don't have any scans or explanations for their abstract existence), and the users most knowledgeable about the verse agreed here that it should be outright removed.
Bump.

Do the Dota pages contain lots of guesswork statistics, or are they based on feats and calculations? It seems much better to try to improve on the verse via a content revision thread than to delete it outright if the latter is the case.

Also, there are quite a lot of profile pages, and it seems like a rather prominent verse:

or are they based on feats and calculations?
Based on outlier feats or feats they don't scale to and outdated calculations. The most infamous example is Alchemist's mountain level rating, that everyone knew was inflated, but did absolutely nothing to fix it.
It seems much better to try to improve on the verse via a content revision thread
I'm currently the only active user that's very knowledgeable on the verse, and I really have no interest in fixing a lot of these profiles, and it doesn't help that a lot of them will just have unknown ratings if I do fix them, so they'll be bad profiles either way.
and it seems like a rather prominent verse
Elaborate.

Based on outlier feats or feats they don't scale to and outdated calculations. The most infamous example is Alchemist's mountain level rating, that everyone knew was inflated, but did absolutely nothing to fix it.
Okay. That seems like a valid point.
I'm currently the only active user that's very knowledgeable on the verse, and I really have no interest in fixing a lot of these profiles, and it doesn't help that a lot of them will just have unknown ratings if I do fix them, so they'll be bad profiles either way.
Okay, so there are no useful feats to be calculated and scaled from then?
Elaborate.
Isn't it a (possibly formerly) popular game? I am not well-informed though, so I may be mistaken.

so there are no useful feats to be calculated and scaled from then?
For a lot of them, yes.
Isn't it a (possibly formerly) popular game? I am not well-informed though, so I may be mistaken.
Just because a verse is popular doesn't mean that it can't have really bad profiles. Actually, that'll just cause more issues, because then people will assume that our profiles for the characters are good and well-sourced if they for whatever reason search for their profiles on VSBattles, which they obviously aren't.

Okay. Please write a list with links to the exact pages that can be fixed and the ones that should be deleted.

OK, it's been literal years since the profile was made and Jotaro Kujo (OVA) still hasn't gotten any stats aside from speed. Unless someone makes a calc for this character that's accepted and added to the profile, I see no reason to keep it around.

Back