• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spider-Man: Two Strings of Darkspots

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired

This has got to be the worst scaling I have ever seen in files. Venom "Scales to Spider-Man, defeated him at the beginning of the game, slightly cracking his skull.", but Spider-Man "Can damage and completely rip apart with a one-shot head of a Giant Venom that could withstand an explosion of such power and Generates so much energy through its size and destroy this weapon with a one-shot"

So like, to reiterate, Venom upscales from Spider-Man by cracking his skull, but Spider-Man upscales from Venom by ripping apart an amped Venom's head with ease? Can you see how this is circular scaling?

Not to mention you UPGRADE Spider-Man throughout the game, so core implication is, there is a Beginning of Game and End of Game Spider-Man, with different AP values, something which completely explains these inconsistencies

Proposal is to split these files better across keys, and I expect supporters to do this or I just get these files deleted

Delete it
I really doubt anyone going out of their way to sift through this gem of a game

The game runs like ass on my machine so I can't be bothered to fix it.

DarthSpiderr made the calcs for it so we can wait for him to explain this

I made these profile changes very quickly and did not check it for logic, and then I forgot about this profile forever.

I wanted to say that in the background there are sounds that Venom (if he presses very hard with his hands) can cause a small crackling sound, but this does not mean that he can destroy the skull.

Well, at THAT moment I thought that the big Venom is NOT much stronger than the usual one (not even 1.5 times), so it scales a little to a huge form. Because during the suicide, the big Venom tried to stop the little Venom by holding the symbiotic thread, but he couldn't.

Well. Spider-Man is really comparable to Venom (Although it's worth saying that he always defeated him relatively easily and without fatigue, it's just that Venom can damage Peter. He is probably stronger than Venom after all). And he can really tear apart a huge Venom, and break through his defenses.

HM. Big Venom is slightly stronger than Peter, but Peter can fully scale to calculations and his exploits because he dealt more damage. Venom is slightly weaker than Peter. What if the big Venom is "At least city-block level", Peter scales up to him, and Venom is "City-Block level"?

But alternatively, maybe little Venom is just more durable because it's a denser symbiotic mass? I mean, the big Venom requires too much symbiotic mass, which is why its density and durab per square meter is much lower than the small form?

again I think better alternative is just to key Spidey, he blatantly gets stronger as the game goes :v

I think just rating the endgame self and adjusting the profiles to fit that is fine too if making a key is too much work, plenty of profiles do it, it's not ideal but it's fine.

I've always had a problem with the scaling used for the WoS pages and I'm glad I'm not the only one. The scaling and upscaling is incredibly inconsistent. WoS is filled with some pretty exaggerated feats, so I'm sure we could find some more and create some more consistent ratings here
Delete it
I really doubt anyone going out of their way to sift through this gem of a game
Unironically, I do plan on picking up a copy in the foreseeable future (this has been long overdue), but we can still gather feats through alternate means

Keys for the progression of the Peter make sense, I agree completely

again I think better alternative is just to key Spidey, he blatantly gets stronger as the game goes :v
Well. Maybe. But I don't know how he could get stronger during the game, the black suit didn't make his base stronger. I'm more inclined to believe that the basic Venom is not much weaker than the large form, since it could not stop his suicide. Perhaps he feeds her with his power. Especially since in the end of the game, the base Venom could still hit Peter when he tried to save him.

I'm too lazy to change profiles in any way.

I'm just busy now, and so on until the summer. But if I knew how to change the profile (what to add / remove), then I would do it, perhaps in the coming days. But why can't we just accept that, for example, the basic Venom is not much weaker than its huge form, because it could resist it when it tried to stop him from committing suicide? It is possible that he is the source of his power, like Aldoron from 100 Years Quest.
Because he uses a turbine wing you propel himself out of Venom's relevant control area.

In general that's LS, not AP, which is something I don't think a goop monster will have alot of.

I can see you're busy so if you'd like I can get you the page source codes so you can recreate the page with the changes whenever you want, but like, I'm sorry, it doesn't really excuse it that much.

Because he uses a turbine wing you propel himself out of Venom's relevant control area.

In general that's LS, not AP, which is something I don't think a goop monster will have alot of.

I can see you're busy so if you'd like I can get you the page source codes so you can recreate the page with the changes whenever you want, but like, I'm sorry, it doesn't really excuse it that much.
Okay, save the code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back