• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Bizzare Rating of the Jojo OVA

The Phantom Blood movie's canon. It's just that it's lost. It was in fact shown to an audience officially, but you can't just get your hands on it

I remember for the longest time, there was a feat where Star Platinum destroys a ship thrown at him from DIO that a calcer wanted to tackle, but couldn't due to now knowing how to approach it. Perhaps somebody else can try?

EDIT: How did that get Low 7-C? (Note: I know it was declared faulty)

The Phantom Blood movie's canon. It's just that it's lost. It was in fact shown to an audience officially, but you can't just get your hands on it

I remember for the longest time, there was a feat where Star Platinum destroys a ship thrown at him from DIO that a calcer wanted to tackle, but couldn't due to now knowing how to approach it. Perhaps somebody else can try?

EDIT: How did that get Low 7-C? (Note: I know it was declared faulty)
It got Low 7-C via using inflated water density. The water did make a large splash but water moving into the air apparently doesn’t have as much mass when it’s just sitting there or moving any other direction. Additionally they use a random speed that has no evidence and they also don’t account for inverse square law of Jotaro getting hit by the boat

Been looking at OVA feats, was thinking of doing it after canon, there's some good feats to calc, but it's not important right now.

If I had to guess though, maybe High 8-C, there's definitely one or two 8-C feats I've been looking at.
That's 9-A, but it'd probably be better to scale the bridge using the actual size of it, as Jotaro's size in comparison to the bridge changes quite a bit between shots, plus the fact it's just a straight up bridge that exists, that being the Qasr El Nil Bridge.
Though, there's also the fact it was a fuel explosion, which tend to have a higher intensity compared to the usual formula we use.
I think this feat could yield something good
You think, I tried my hand at that, it's not even good as a LS feat, Dio tossing vehicles moments prior ends up as a better feat, by a handful of times over, the speed at which it's tossed completely and utterly butchers it to the point it isn't even funny, of course that's because there's a speed discrepancy going on there, but that discrepancy is impossible to calc.

(and also the lost phantom blood movie. Is that really canon to this?).

Probably, hell, there's even a "Part 2" that's canon to this, though all we have is the storyboarding, though the story boarding is canon oddly enough (They even kept the Kars UV feat funnily enough).

Also **** that tier 7 feat. **** the water mass, the fact that it's more like 20m tall and not the ludicrous 160m tall he got it to be, we see like, ten seconds later Jotaro and Dio next to it, explains why it's thousands of times above what it actually is.

I think this feat could yield something good

Also Jotaro is ******* buff here. This man deflected a hit from DIO on his own, and busted out of a stone wall
I recall calcing it before (didn't really put it in a blog, was just for fun ;p), and it got about 0.08~ tons of tnt, or so. Aka, 9-A. I'm pretty sure his other feats are more impressive.

Granted, that was just a simple fragmentation value, which I believe is also wrong considering the Dio punched it a shit ton of times to fragment it.

That's 9-A, but it'd probably be better to scale the bridge using the actual size of it, as Jotaro's size in comparison to the bridge changes quite a bit between shots, plus the fact it's just a straight up bridge that exists, that being the Qasr El Nil Bridge.
Though, there's also the fact it was a fuel explosion, which tend to have a higher intensity compared to the usual formula we use.
I was initially going to, though the one website I found that had something on it said it was 10.5 m in width. I was going to use it but then it also said it was 406 m long when numerous other sources say it’s nearly 5x that value so I just went with pixel scaling it from the actual scene. I could redo it later today if you want using the actual bridge and pixel scaling that

Well, from info I found it's at least 7 lanes wide. Though that doesn't quite help.
Okay so from what I can tell, average lane is about 12 ft or 3.6576 m. Multiplying that by 7 gives us a length of about 25.6032 m without accounting for anything else that may also be there. That already gives us a higher radius and a higher blast, though not by much. About .168 tons

9-A+ that did absolutely **** all is nice for Jotaro himself.

Though the main feats we wanna look at are HP, HG blowing the faces off a few buildings, destroying a boat, Justice's cloud feat, Abdul lighting up an area and a building sized Ankh among other flame feats, Dio kicking a building/HP compromising a building, and a few more. There's actually quite a bit.

9-A+ that did absolutely **** all is nice for Jotaro himself.

Though the main feats we wanna look at are HP, HG blowing the faces off a few buildings, destroying a boat, Justice's cloud feat, Abdul lighting up an area and a building sized Ankh among other flame feats, Dio kicking a building/HP compromising a building, and a few more. There's actually quite a bit.
I'll try and find clips of those and calc them if someone else isn't or hasn't already. I'll also update the oil tanker calc with that value. You have the source for the 7 lane thing?

Actually scratch that I ****** up. Oops.

Unless we find the exact width of it, yours might just be best for now.
̶I̶g̶n̶o̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶u̶e̶l̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶l̶o̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶m̶u̶l̶a̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶s̶t̶.̶

The boat feat is probably the most solid thing we can work toward though, doesn't need to factor in cloud/fire stuff and while Kak's feat is straightforward it's still gonna be a pain due to how it increases and decreases at distance.

Odd question, is it reasonable for OVA Jotaro to have a rage amp? I know there certainly aren't enough book/fight statements/showings for it as there are in canon, but when fighting DIO in the later half of their battle, he frustratingly thinks to himself "I'm still not angry enough!". I might just be looking too much into it, but what do you guys think?

At the moment, we're uncertain. OVA Jotaro certainly needs a tier, but we are yet to acquire a reliable calc for the boat feat. Then there's the Phantom Blood cloud feat. This was performed by Zeppeli and Tonpetty, the former of which is killed by Dio in that movie. While the Part 1 OVA is lost excluding a few scenes such as the cloud feat and knowledge of its events from those who have watched it (such as Japanese blogs that I've taken a look at myself), it was in fact shown in theatres and is still in A.P.P.P.'s JoJo Universe. While I do think there isn't a problem with using it, I think it would be better to have the boat feat properly calc'd first

Last edited:
Back