• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dota 2 Discussion Thread

I was wondering if anyone can calc the feats I mentioned in this thread. At least we can start with Dragon's Blood before the main game profiles.
Feats from the animated series:
AP
*Adult earth dragon displacing rocks when they tunnel into the ground
*Possessed and undead Uldorak making a fissure by slamming his hand. It's also implied that Uldorak created the giant hole in the cave that we see in episode 1
*Slyrak burning the city of Leathsham in a flashback
*Lirrak (the female water eldwurm) making a wall of ice spikes with her breath
*Luna's Lucent Beam attack (doubles as a speed feat due to it coming from the second moon)
*Slyvion making a shockwave upon landing
Speed
Mirana summoning arrows from the second moon (only scales to her powers during nighttime)
*Air dragon's flight speed
Lifting Strength
*Invoker lifting a massive tower from the ground (only scales to his telekinesis)
*Slyrak's weight (scales to him and the eldwurms only)
Miscellaneous
*Amount of people Terrorblade mindhaxxed (should be useful in determining his mindhax potency)

That's all I can remember from the top of my head, the rest you can try finding for yourself. Feats from the games are very appreciated too
Also, I found some more feats that I overlooked from the anime.
  • Mirana shattering a cave's ceiling using Davion's glowing arm blade
  • The clash between Slyrak and Kaden shattering a mountain top (both survived this, but Slyrak was completely unharmed by it)
  • Luna's Lucent Beam twists the clouds into a spiral formation

Huh, I somehow didn't notice that post, odd. I don't think there's anyone in this thread that could calc it considering that
yknow
its just you and me left in this thread since all the others blinked off
its lonely in here

Unsurprising, considering that it's the least played MOBA out there, despite managing to pull in millions upon millions of viewers during competitive stuff. Though, that's mostly because people find it more fun to watch other people play the game, than actually learn all the complicated and crazy stuff and pull off all those sick stunts that the pros do.
but that will not stop us from updating the verse

At this point, I'm so desperate that I'm considering trying my hand at calculations just so we can get anything done for the verse's characters that don't scale to all the universal and dimensional stuff for now.

Outside of the anime series, I believe there are some feats that we can use. Here's my non-exhaustive list of feats from Dota 2 and Artifact:
  • Tusk's Snowball and Ice Shards. We could find how much kinetic energy he uses to roll and gather up snow into a massive ball (Tusk weights 285 lbs!) and we can calc how much energy he uses to generate shards of ice (definitely doesn't scale to his physicals though)
  • Lina's Light Strike Array, which is described as her using the sun's energy to cause air to combust. What this means is that she is increasing the temperature of an area to cause a pillar of fire and heat, assuming that it's daytime when the sun is shining. For reference, this is the radius of her spell.
    • Also her Laguna Blade, I think it works similarly to the firebenders' lightning from A:LA. Both seem to heat the air high enough to generate a bolt of lightning that heats even the air around her.
  • Zeus reducing an entire city into a crater. We don't know what's the results of the attack though, so we're left in the dark deciding what kind of destruction he did.
  • Using a specific sword, Kunkka split the sea and sliced a tentacle from Maelrawn himself. For reference, this is the size of Maelrawn's kiddo.
  • Techies' remote bombs shaking the entire city of Dredger's Bight before destroying it by detonating the bombs planted in the mines just beneath the city, causing a sinkhole to consume the entire place.
  • Magnus using the reverberations of the volcano of Mt. Joerlak as the source of most of his powers.
There's a lot more feats to use, but unfortunately most of the references for these feats come from gameplay mechanics and vague lore. Though I assure you what I listed isn't the last of them.

(definitely doesn't scale to his physicals though)
Why not? His punches and kicks somehow deal more damage than the ice shards, not to mention he can harm people who can tank the shards.
This might be one of the few feats we can actually calc. Compare the destroyed ship to a ship of similar models, see how big Mael's kid is compared to said ship, and badda bing badda boom we might actually have something for Kunkka and Tidehunter. As for the "split sea" thing we know that the planet the game takes place in is incredibly similar to Earth, so maybe it has somewhat the same geography? I dunno.

Despite all of these feats being way too vague to be calced, maybe we can get the characters to tier 7 with them? After all, we have plenty of evidence of characters destroying entire cities and mountains at this point.

Why not? His punches and kicks somehow deal more damage than the ice shards, not to mention he can harm people who can tank the shards.

This might be one of the few feats we can actually calc. Compare the destroyed ship to a ship of similar models, see how big Mael's kid is compared to said ship, and badda bing badda boom we might actually have something for Kunkka and Tidehunter. As for the "split sea" thing we know that the planet the game takes place in is incredibly similar to Earth, so maybe it has somewhat the same geography? I dunno.

Despite all of these feats being way too vague to be calced, maybe we can get the characters to tier 7 with them? After all, we have plenty of evidence of characters destroying entire cities and mountains at this point.
IIRC ice calcs don't scale to the character's physicals, it has something about heat revisions in this wiki.

I'm more interested in Kunkka's sword splitting the sea in half. The context is that he used it to part the waters so that he can reveal Maelrawn hiding beneath the sea before slicing off one of his tentacles. Judging by the size of his children, cutting off Maelrawn's tentacle (which should be larger than his children's) would be tier 8 at best.

I'd rather have a specific number rather than have all of them at baseline tiers. Baseline Dota characters would be downplaying the kinds of feats they have.

I just read the voicelines for the Spectre arcana. It looks like the Spectre that we see in her arcana form is actually just a mere fragment of the original Spectre that separated itself from her, but not on purpose. She was trapped into a cursed set of armor that she believes is the key to becoming a separate Spectre on her own. Now we don't know who made this armor and we don't know how she got her hands on it, but if this armor is powerful enough to separate the likes of Spectre on a physical and non-corporeal level, then surely there must be someone important behind all this.

bump ig
I'm not surprised that it's just another fragment of Spectre, really. As for who might be behind it, Arc Warden does have a lot of powerful artifacts just lying around, considering that he gave Zeus that helm, and then there's also the Shopkeepers.

Could be Void Spirit since he's known for planting stuff in the right place for people to find it so he can enact his plans, like how he planted a spell that would allow Thunderkeg (Storm Spirit's human form) to summon Raijin. Not to mention that Spectre seems to be hostile towards him as she has two voicelines for killing him compared to one.

Since we can't reliably get feats and thus ratings for the main game continuity, I think we have enough feats and statements to make profiles for the anime version of Dota 2. Maybe tomorrow I can start making the CRT to make the profiles for the anime version and why they shouldn't scale from and to the main games.

I forgot the reasoning for her soulhax but I assure you there's a semblance of it in her summary. I just don't remember the specifics of how it works.

I was looking at Phoenix's profile and I noticed something odd. We scale this guy to a supernova, the very process that's supposed to kill him (but not permanently), not to mention that Phoenix's "terrestrial form" isn't as large as an actual star. Otherwise these two artifacts in the lore won't actually fit to his body.

I don't know if anyone cares at this point, but I've some very interesting lore about the Ancients by digging through an old Dota 2 forum where the devs themselves once participated in.

I will just quote it from the dev. But this mostly about the Ancients, and I'm not even done digging.
I see the influence of the Ancients working something like the cosmic radiation in H.P. Lovecraft's The Colour Out of Space...except with two warring influences that have exerted their effect over countless generations.
The Ancients are like eldritch beings that can mind control heroes and lesser beings to their will. Compared to the ethereal force in Lovecraft's book, the Ancients have a greater effect which will be shown later.
Another element to play with is the idea of what sets Heroes apart. A Hero is not only an intense and striking character from a particular culture, but they are so intense that they resist being warped entirely by the Ancients...so even though they operate under the Ancient's influence, they don't convert to creeps, they retain their personality and personal motivations. One thing about the earlier idea that the world is simply peppered with fragments of the weird ore is that these would be fairly small background influences on a culture, sort of like magical radon. Not enough to completely take over a society, but enough to create affinities in those who grow up in the influence. And much as we embrace or reject our own cultures, some heroes might simply reject the influences they were exposed to early on...and be drawn to the opposite. Trying to get away from good/evil conflict and show a universe where these things operate more as physical properties...so that even though this cosmology is full of gods and demons and sentient forces, it remains fundamentally impersonal...and yet these impersonal forces are themselves a kind of intelligence.
All heroes have resistance to the Ancients' corruption/transmutation. But it's important to note that the Ancients that we see are actually not powerful enough because they ended being separated in shards, dispersing their overall power into having lesser influence than what they were in the beginning of the universe.
People are perhaps rightfully confused about how all these different cultures can exist without being neatly tied together; there is a natural impulse to organize and codify everything, especially in the context of games, where it so often comes down to numbers and stats. The universe of Dota 2 is in a crazy growth mode at the moment; the time will come when the landscapers move in and cut everything back and start trimming and pruning. Meanwhile, if you think of it as a typical two dimensional map of fantastic kingdoms, also add in a Z-axis involving the influence of other maps and other planes of existence. It's more like the Tree of Life of the Kabbalah, with different spheres of existence interpenetrating. The Dire and Radiant stones emit an influence in all these realms, which is why they are of concern to beings like Spectre...although it seems like some beings from outside the Dota universe might be pulled into the struggle involuntarily, simply due to the power of the stones.
The dev says that the stones containing the Ancients emit an influence in every realm of existence (the dev mentions Spectre's realm as an example), even beings from another universe get pulled by the power of these stones. Interesting to note that he mentioned multiple planes of existence and he compared it to the Tree of Life of the Kabbalah, which I need to read more about it.

That's all I've found for now

I'm pretty sure we had this discussion already, but it just got swept under the rug for no apparent reason. How about adding all the items you can buy from the shopkeepers and the other neat stuff like the roshan drops as optional equipment for all the heroes?

I'm pretty sure we had this discussion already, but it just got swept under the rug for no apparent reason. How about adding all the items you can buy from the shopkeepers and the other neat stuff like the roshan drops as optional equipment for all the heroes?
I don't remember talking about that at all tbh

Items do deserve their own pages actually, but thanks to Artifact and Underlords establishing a canon story, I don't think all heroes would have every shopkeeper's items even as optional equipment. Some heroes have canonically acquired items like Axe with Blink Dagger and Vanguard, as well as Aghanim's Scepter having a well known crafting recipe, but that's not enough proof that heroes can buy anything they want. But I'd love to see a match with magic build SF.

Axe does canonicaly own a lot of items you can buy from the shop, but so do some other heroes, such as Tidehunter 'n' his blink dagger. We also know that lorewise, pretty much every playable hero will be participating in the dust-up between Dire and Radiant, so there's that as well.

If I ever get the time, imma try working on calcs for the Dota anime and maybe even the games. Studio MIR (the dudes behind Dragon's Blood) is done with The Witcher series now and it looks like Season 2 is going to be up next.

Finally decided to return to Dota once again, and it turns out I've reached the highest behavior score you can get, so I am now officially the goodest™️©️®️ boy here.
unknown.png

In other news, I'm gonna go try out Marci and see if she has any... voice... lines...
Oh, right.

Back