• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I have some doubts, because it comes from an anime special, and the whole canonicity of everything that is about the anime is weird, given that it is a loose canon.
I mean, an anime special shouldn't be too much different from the movies etc..., and this Mewtwo isn't an alternate version of Mewtwo itself, is something created on his image.
If it should have some powers or not, is something that should be discussed in its own topic.

I have some doubts, because it comes from an anime special, and the whole canonicity of everything that is about the anime is weird, given that it is a loose canon.
I mean, an anime special shouldn't be too much different from the movies etc..., and this Mewtwo isn't an alternate version of Mewtwo itself, is something created on his image.
If it should have some powers or not, is something that should be discussed in its own topic.
The Mewtwo stuff was already resolved long ago. Ant was talking about some Danganronpa profiles.

Yes, and I would appreciate some input.

This verse-specific power page was left out of @Sir_Ovens stating back then that he would still work on the verse to add several more pages with this, however, with him leaving out activity as stated in his recent announcement, I guess I'll bring up once more if it should be deleted out of only having two users with this ability, which was the same issue Retcon Powers had, hence why it should be deleted to remain consistent.
I'm going to remind of this, quite a while has passed and nothing has changed ever since, so deleting the page to remain consistent is quite reasonable to consider if you ask me.

Deleted.

I'm going to remind of this, quite a while has passed and nothing has changed ever since, so deleting the page to remain consistent is quite reasonable to consider if you ask me.
The verse has another supporter that is active and it appears to be an ability used by a good portion of the verse, even if only currently available on two it remarks how there's other notable characters.

What is the primary motivation beyond consistency here?

The verse has another supporter that is active and it appears to be an ability used by a good portion of the verse, even if only currently available on two it remarks how there's other notable characters.

What is the primary motivation beyond consistency here?
I already contacted him right after I did the first reply over asking the removal of this page, and he hasn't told me anything nor replied here.
And that's the only reason, but to ignore it would open a gate for power pages with oddly specific users and nothing else, such as Ogre Physiology (Baki) and some others that had to be removed for this kind of issue, adding the powers directly to the respective pages isn't even hard.

I already contacted him right after I did the first reply over asking the removal of this page, and he hasn't told me anything nor replied here.
And that's the only reason, but to ignore it would open a gate for power pages with oddly specific users and nothing else, such as Ogre Physiology (Baki) and some others that had to be removed for this kind of issue, adding the powers directly to the respective pages isn't even hard.
Tbf if someone picked the verse they could make pages for characters mentioned as users of the physiology that don't have pages yet so in theory this applies to more then the current characters plus it has a decent amount of powers so imo it shouldn't be nuked

That's assuming that's the case, which I'm afraid it hasn't been yet.
We have no way to make sure that's indeed the case beyond hoping that happens, which is like keeping a verse with questionable statistics and leave it be just expecting someone to pick it up, which isn't a good idea, hence why I still support its removal.

That's assuming that's the case, which I'm afraid it hasn't been yet.
We have no way to make sure that's indeed the case beyond hoping that happens, which is like keeping a verse with questionable statistics and leave it be just expecting someone to pick it up, which isn't a good idea, hence why I still support its removal.
I mean should we just start nuking a ton of DC pages then?
Cuz they sure as hell not gonna be revised any time soon to an acceptable degree and for some reason the verse doesn't seem that popular to actually research on the wiki
(Likely because DC Database being inferior to marvel Database by a long shot)

Well, that would be a good idea, unless there's at least one user actually stating that they're onto it, which IIRC is the case as denoted in the verse page.

Me and a few knowledgeable members want to try to improve on the reliability for the DC Comics characters.

As for the DC Database wiki, I think that Tupka217 is doing a great job managing it. He is probably the Fandom editor that I most look up to regarding work ethic, and may have the greatest amount of edits of any Fandom editor, period. The problem is that DC's editorial department keeps making soft or full reboots, which makes his job near impossible.

Me and a few knowledgeable members want to try to improve on the reliability for the DC Comics characters.

As for the DC Database wiki, I think that Tupka217 is doing a great job managing it. He is probably the Fandom editor that I most look up to regarding work ethic, and may have the greatest amount of edits of any Fandom editor, period. The problem is that DC's editorial department keeps making soft or full reboots, which makes his job near impossible.
I still think they should stop ordering the issues alphabetically and do it release order wise

Okay. I suppose that is a legitimate concern.

This verse-specific power page was left out of @Sir_Ovens stating back then that he would still work on the verse to add several more pages with this, however, with him leaving out activity as stated in his recent announcement, I guess I'll bring up once more if it should be deleted out of only having two users with this ability, which was the same issue Retcon Powers had, hence why it should be deleted to remain consistent.
Can this page be removed then? Unlike DC with there being some members stating that they're onto it in some way, there's no such compromise at all here, so I'll reiterate over its removal.

Except I don't think that's nearly the same thing, you are comparing something from a family with three characters that we know of vs. a verse with seven notable characters and a whole faction of people, and the complicated nature of these abilities is likely not even close to the other.

It isn't about it being hard, it's about the reasoning behind your decision to delete it.

Last edited:
It would be a double standard to delete that page but not retcon powers (It had even a lot more powers than Nightmare, but it only had two users and it got deleted) and others that had the same kind of issues, if cleaning up the remaining pages afterwards is an issue, I can do it myself if that's something to worry about.
Ogre Physiology (Baki) didn't even have more than three powers, and they weren't even listed in an straightforward manner, but rather filled with a lot of unnecessary lore over ogres in that verse, and it only covered about two characters from what I remember.
So the point still stands, either remove the page or essencially let the site get flooded with verse specific power pages with a pretty low amount of powers/users.

Last edited:
It would be a double standard to delete that page but not retcon powers (It had even a lot more powers than Nightmare, but it only had two users and it got deleted) and others that had the same kind of issues, if cleaning up the remaining pages afterwards is an issue, I can do it myself if that's something to worry about.
Ogre Physiology (Baki) didn't even have more than three powers, and they weren't even listed in an straightforward manner, but rather filled with a lot of unnecessary lore over ogres in that verse, and it only covered about two characters from what I remember.
So the point still stands, either remove the page or essencially let the site get flooded with verse specific power pages with a pretty low amount of powers/users.
It's not a double standard. We don't have to make these decisions only by the number of characters with pages on the wiki, we could do it by the number of characters that could reasonably be made. And from reading that power page, there's 8 characters who could have the ability, which seems much better than the 2 from your other examples.

Is there even any work in progress over getting more profiles done? Sir Ovens was the one that said he was going to, but as he left, that's clearly not the case, as said before, I've also contactd the other knowledgeable members of this verse and they haven't told me anything nor posted here.
So out of lacking support over having a way to fix this issue (Adding more profiles), it seems that it being removed is best, this isn't much different from a barebones profile that lacks support to be fixed on regards to fit an standard.

Power pages get deleted for not applying to enough people.

This power page applies to 7 people and then a large faction of people, although profiles only exist for 2 of them.

Profiles get deleted for holding factually incorrect information.

I feel like "This profile is inaccurate, so we should delete it if no-one is working on it" is a standard that we shouldn't apply to a power page that doesn't have all of its users added to the wiki yet. Nothing about it is inaccurate, so it has no reason to get deleted just because it isn't being updated.

I think the comparison you are drawing is incorrect.

I recently discovered that, for some reason, there are several One-Punch Man profiles for incredibly irrelevant characters, who have appeared for something like a handful of pages at the very best (some literally appeared and died), and whose profiles are incredibly barebones.
Them, and many other characters, have not even been added to the verse page, in fact there are more than 30 of them.
I will leave here a list of characters for which I ask the permission to delete them, for the previously mentioned reasons.
A couple of them are used for scaling or calcs, but that shouldn't grant them a profile, given how irrelevant they are overall, as a regular cop is used for a calc, but he doesn't have a profile just for that.
I'm open to debate if someone wants to argue why one or more should stay, but most are self-explanatory.

honestly I don't see the harm in allowing them to exist. They are legitimate characters, or at least you don't argue against this fact as part of your reasons for deleting them- they simply enjoy little screen time. However they are named, and ostensibly are given proper stats, yes? If that's the case, I'd say just slap them into the verse page rather than delete somebody's hard work simply because the character isn't a focal point.

I wouldn't say hard work, given that most of them are almost empty pages.
I can accept those who put up at least a fight, but many of them get the tier for sheer scaling from general feats in the verse.

Agnaa: It depends on how many pages you set as a standard, most of them don't reach 10 and basically do nothing.

Characters like Face Ripper or Piggy Bacon can stay, I think, given that they meet at least soms requiement.

I wouldn't say hard work, given that most of them are almost empty pages.
I can accept those who put up at least a fight, but many of them get the tier for sheer scaling from general feats in the verse.
And
I wouldn't say you define how much work is valid.

Is this scaling wrong somehow? Like serious question, are you saying that they are incorrect stats, or that you dislike that they never displayed this scaling outside of statements/classifications/etc?

Scaling-wise they should be correct, but if that is the only requirement needed, then all can stay.

Adding them to the verse page is a bit more difficult, because someone has to make specific images for them, to match the style of all other characters in the verse, but it can be done overtime, I guess.

If they're correct, I don't really understand the problem.

As for the latter, I'd look into who made the pages and see if they're capable. The images used for the verse page don't seem terribly complex, worth a shot.

I realize I got a bit over the top with the words, regardless of the argument, so this is a general apology towards everyone.

Back