• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
That discussion about Magic Domain is painful to read.

If the verse was translated by a human other than the person who added it to the wiki (i.e. a fan translation group) and that can be demonstrated by linking to a public release it's 100% okay. If Apex translated it themselves or got it machine translated, the translations need to be checked by one of our translators. If none of them are willing to or if discrepancies too big are found, it should be deleted. If they check it and it's fine, it should stay.

This might be controversial but I'm marking Uncle Grandpa for deletion

• Most of his P&A isnt explained
  • Most of his stats have a Varies rating for little explanation or reason at all
  • His 3-B rating doesn't have a source, even though a 3-B feat would require a source
  • Looking at a clip of the feat online, 3-B seems exaggerated, It's more of a 4-A or 3-C feat
  • Finally, I don't think the feat would even scale to him physically, as it was done with equipment.

In conclusion, this profile is riddled with problems and might just be better off removed

Last edited:
What is up with our standards for cartoons where we'd consider something like that even 4-A/3-C. He never shaves an area much bigger than himself. Unless we're expecting some unexplained, unmentioned ludicrous size manip.

Cartoons are confusing and their ratings are also confusing. Especially cartoons with characters like uncle grandpa or sth like pink panther. Their whole point is to be inconsistent. So the only thing we can do is give them a big rating

Cartoons are confusing and their ratings are also confusing. Especially cartoons with characters like uncle grandpa or sth like pink panther. Their whole point is to be inconsistent. So the only thing we can do is give them a big rating
That sounds like an awful way to do things. If they don't have a consistent rating put them at Unknown, that's what we've done for characters in the past that have been too inconsistent to properly tier (and haven't gotten any cartoon exceptions).

That sounds like an awful way to do things. If they don't have a consistent rating put them at Unknown, that's what we've done for characters in the past that have been too inconsistent to properly tier (and haven't gotten any cartoon exceptions).
Lobo is offended by that statement.

Just put them at a variable tier, OR consider the extremely basic notion of "outliers exist".

I know it's far easier for people to ride a single feat to scale the entire verse off of, but 99% of the really high tier feats for cartoons are the most blatant PIS I have ever seen

Just put them at a variable tier, OR consider the extremely basic notion of "outliers exist".

I know it's far easier for people to ride a single feat to scale the entire verse off of, but 99% of the really high tier feats for cartoons are the most blatant PIS I have ever seen
I think variable tiers because a character's inconsistent are pretty awful. Their power doesn't canonically vary, you just wanna include the consistent end and the outlier end.

Other than that I do agree with "outliers exist", but if there's a character who's actually too inconsistent for that to give any meaningful tier just give them Unknown.

I think variable tiers because a character's inconsistent are pretty awful. Their power doesn't canonically vary, you just wanna include the consistent end and the outlier end.

Other than that I do agree with "outliers exist", but if there's a character who's actually too inconsistent for that to give any meaningful tier just give them Unknown.
Lobo is offended by that statement.

That discussion about Magic Domain is painful to read.

If the verse was translated by a human other than the person who added it to the wiki (i.e. a fan translation group) and that can be demonstrated by linking to a public release it's 100% okay. If Apex translated it themselves or got it machine translated, the translations need to be checked by one of our translators. If none of them are willing to or if discrepancies too big are found, it should be deleted. If they check it and it's fine, it should stay.
These are valid points.

Please explain @Apex_PredatorX .

This might be controversial but I'm marking Uncle Grandpa for deletion

• Most of his P&A isnt explained
  • Most of his stats have a Varies rating for little explanation or reason at all
  • His 3-B rating doesn't have a source, even though a 3-B feat would require a source
  • Looking at a clip of the feat online, 3-B seems exaggerated, It's more of a 4-A or 3-C feat
  • Finally, I don't think the feat would even scale to him physically, as it was done with equipment.

In conclusion, this profile is riddled with problems and might just be better off removed
I deleted the Uncle Grandpa pages.

I guess Spinosaurus should be pinged about it then?

Okay. Thanks for the information. Hopefully Jason can handle it instead.

Should I open a CRT where Jasonsith and I could talk about possible updates or changes?

Instead of fill this thread with Revisions?
Mercilessly
Make sure to invite more people in case I am occupied with real life work (in fact I am right now)

Speaking of obscure verses...

This verse is obscure to the point that both the game and the company that made the game do not appear anywhere in google search and from what i can tell it is a completely untranslated verse
Since when was this site about only popular verses?

We have explicitly written in our discussion rules why we do not feature the Suggsverse.

The 8-C statistic has no justification, and the High 6-A stat and speed justifications are bad and don’t warrant the ratings. The stats are all unmotivated guesswork

Back