• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
It is the same canon, actually. That's because she used them in the movie, the BFG created explosions that were 9-A in size, and no there aren't.
What? Having something named “The BFG” and using some random chainsaw by no means proves the same canon. The imps are blatantly different, the zombies are nowhere near similar, the leader of hell isn’t the same Dark Lord from the actual canon, etc etc.

Also, this explosion has to be pretty big to be 9-A. Either way, it would need a calc, like I said.

I’ll stop responding now.

Three people fighting on who will fix an obscure and deletion-worthy profile, the dream of every content mod.

It's good now (for how barebone it is), it just needs some clean-up here and there and scans.
Well, I added the scans for everything. Granted, I don't speak turkish, but it was easy to know which scan was which, since the movies made it incredibly obvious.

That profile still seems wack:
  • Why is knocking someone out 9-C?
  • I'm not sure if Sharks/Anacondas will be 9-C for much longer. afaik a revision's currently being implemented to not scale people to the KE of animals (as normal human KE gets far into the 9-C range by itself).
  • Surviving bullets, when they've hurt you and entered a non-lethal area of your body (I believe they were implied to have gone into his ass in that clip) is not 9-C dura, it's not even type 2 immortality, it's just nothing.
With that stuff removed he'd just land in normal human range, and get deleted for a lack of notable feats.

I mean, if that revision hasn't been made yet, the profile is still good to stay, no?

Granted, I don't know shit about the tiering, so if all of the scans are just normal human shit, I guess we should delete it.

Also rip the 15 minutes I wasted.

Those are good points, especially the bullets feat that has to be removed, I didn't even read it. But killing/defeating animals like those may grant 9-C out of being something a normal human can't do, even without scaling to KE, but I'm unsure how the thing is explained, some real life experts should be summoned (@Armorchompy, I choose you!).

I think that the revision is in the process of being implemented. I haven't been following it, but Spino's been talking about it for a while, so he'd be the best person to ask about how finalized that sorta stuff is.

The bullet feat has to be removed regardless of the revision, since it's just him not dying from them.
Durability may be granted by him fighting the shark and the snake, but I don't know.

No justification needed since it'd scale to SS.

Also, while you're at it, fix the remaining issues in the profile.
  • "Gave heavy damage" > "Dealt heavy damage"
  • "Can easily scales athletes" > "Easily outruns athletes"
  • "Even if he lifted it so barely" > "However he struggled to lift it"
  • Athletic Human should be capitalized
  • Peak Human should be capitalized
  • Street Class should be capitalized
  • High stamina should not be bolded
  • Above Average intelligence should be capitalized (imo it should probably be downgraded, I don't think doping someone outweighs only graduating elementary school)

Yeah, a lot of profiles are fine like that. Some still include a brief justification saying that it'd scale to AP/SS but it's not necessary.

Done~

While we are at it though, I agree with you on the intelligence part, it really doesn't seem above average. Should I just downgrade it to Average?

Also, if we do downgrade it, I'll guess I'll just remove the justification? I don't recall Average intelligence needing a justification.

Killing an anaconda is probably not 9-C because their heads are relatively frail, a human could probably kill one by stomping on its head repeatedly. It depends on how it's done, though, if it tries to choke you and you rip it to pieces that's easy 9-B, even. They are not 9-C because of their KE anyway, but because of their ability to crack and eventually crush bones when choking something.

Sharks do use KE, but while some smaller sharks might be downgraded to 10-A (I'm not sure) you can rest assured a Great White Shark or whatever's staying 9-B.

... But both the shark and the anaconda were reaaaal small. It's probably not something your average dude could do anyway, and surviving a neck choke like that is probably 9-C, but I'm not too sure about the rating.

However, knocking out an athlete, who was expecting the blow, is 9-C. I'm pretty sure our 7.5x thing indeed comes from a world class boxer being able to KO a normal dude in one hit, so that's fine (he shouldn't be 7.5x 10-A or 9-C's baseline, human durability doesn't work that way, but it's still more impressive than KOing an average joe).

I'm pretty sure our 7.5x thing indeed comes from a world class boxer being able to KO a normal dude in one hit

This is incorrect. From the original thread, that just happened to be the gap between 9-C and 10-B, and people felt like that constituted a one-shot. Nothing about boxers or KO'ing.

And what does our 9-C baseline come from?

"Characters who stand at the threshold of human strength and capabilities, represented by Olympic level athletes or rigorously trained martial artists, as well as larger animals."

This wiki can't really say use the distance between a god tier athlete and a normal guy in regular conditions to one-shot and then say that you don't need to be a god tier athlete to one-shot (in a fair condition)

From the energy used in each firing of a handgun, I believe? I'm not exactly sure.

Also...

and surviving a neck choke like that is probably 9-C

He was visibly choking, and we only saw him being choked for 5 seconds, before he came off-screen with it defeated. idk why this would end up scaling.

However, knocking out an athlete, who was expecting the blow, is 9-C.

We've talked about this on Discord, and I vehemently disagree. The 7.5x thing is bunk, and I can't see any other good reason to make OHKO'ing an athlete 9-C. Our border for jumping tiers on one-shots was discussed a while back, put to case-by-case, but when people were suggesting numbers no gap larger than 2x was considered iirc. And that's for all fictional one-shots, including ones that completely disfigure/kill the opposing character. Getting a 3x multiplier from 10-A to 9-C based on knocking out a middle-aged karate instructor is wack.

I do remember something about it being lowered so handguns wouldn't all be 10-A, but that just means actual peak athletes are higher that baseline.

Ok, so fair enough on 2x being the maximum, but even then a crummy karate instructor's gonna be stronger than a dude who's 10-A because of working out, we can't really know HOW crummy he is, with this kinda movie for all we know he's Bruce Lee level and Athlete level is 3x from baseline to 9-C, I don't really think baseline 9-C is that big of an assumption. I should mention that I did say you could kill an anaconda with stomps without being 9-C, but I'm not so sure about punching, especially in such an awkward position.

Yeah I think this is just another example of the low tiers being ******.

You pointed out on Discord that we consider overpowering a normal human a 10-A, a 2.5x gap over 10-B, an unbelievably huge jump for higher tiers that wouldn't get accepted even for no-selling or vaporizing a higher-tiered character.

I do remember something about it being lowered so handguns wouldn't all be 10-A, but that just means actual peak athletes are higher that baseline.

And by most metrics every random adult is 9-C (making most calcs in this range dubious at best).

I'll just try not to think too hard about 10-C to 9-C any more. Y'all can handle tiering this sorta stuff yourselves.

We consider easily overpowering 10-B people 10-A, I've never actually seen overpowering 10-A into 9-C used, I just said it would be the same considering the tier size is the same.

I mean, ok, I'm not exactly some expert tho

Thank you to everybody who helped out above.

The page seems good enough to keep to me now.

This page, just to illustrate my point of the uselessness of the page I literally searched for tank and got this
I feel this ages miss the point if we literally give them for lumping pages together that have the same starting name, this should only be for pages that have the same name but are from different franchises

this should only be for pages that have the same name but are from different franchises

That lists 5 pages that have the same name and are from different franchises...

• Tank (Dinosaur King)
  • Tank (Inhumanoids)
  • Tank (Left 4 Dead)
  • The Tank (Shellshock Live)
  • Tank (Wii Play)
That seems like a perfectly good use of a disambiguation page.

this should only be for pages that have the same name but are from different franchises

That lists 5 pages that have the same name and are from different franchises...

• Tank (Dinosaur King)
  • Tank (Inhumanoids)
  • Tank (Left 4 Dead)
  • The Tank (Shellshock Live)
  • Tank (Wii Play)
That seems like a perfectly good use of a disambiguation page.
They literally don't have the same name
There're pages which literally have the same one, this ones don't and when you search Tank you get them all without a problem outside The Tank so again seems pointless

There're pages which literally have the same one, this ones don't and when you search Tank you get them all without a problem outside The Tank so again seems pointless
I... what? Are you an idiot? That is literally why we have disambiguations. Keep the drugs you are on away from me.

I don't really understand what you're saying. They have the same name as much as the profiles on all other disambiguation pages; they're usually just "Generic Name (Verse Name)".

If you want to remove "The Tank" from the list then I guess you could do that.

If you're saying "We can find them in the top few search results so we don't need a disambiguation page" then that would necessitate the removal of all disambiguation pages that lead to 7 or fewer profiles, and I'm not sure if that's a good idea.

Back