• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
how about I make a story from WoD, can that get a profile because "it's like SCP"? I wouldn't agree with that in the slightest.
Well the caveat there is that we wouldn't allow creators to make pages for their own creations so no, you wouldn't be able to make that profile.

Well the caveat there is that we wouldn't allow creators to make pages for their own creations so no, you wouldn't be able to make that profile.
It's not my own creation. It's Alfabruva's. I would love for it to be me who made Hunter; the Parenting because it's the bomb, but it's definitely not me.

I mean, you can. How do you think Elminster came into existence?

And what do you think the Composite Adventurer profile would have been?

What about the two would be different in this case? They are both very specifically designed to provide room for people to write their own stories within the setting.
Is that character officially recognized by any written media for official WoD? I think this sets a very bad precedent for tabletop verses as a whole, you know, unofficial things are now canon because yes, if Hunter: The Parenting is officially recognized in WoD media, sure, why the hell not connect em. But if it's a story not officially recognized, even if it's popular, I don't agree to it scaling to WoD anything. SCP gets away with it because it's extended canon is both popular and is STUPIDLY strict with what can be included or not by the folks in the site themselves.

Adventurers if I recall are officially recognized.

See above. Jist of it is, WoD is a tabletop that lets you tell a story, but isnt at all strict about what precisely can be included, SCP is extremely strict about what can be included in the extended canon officially, with the only thing we have added on is an upvote requirement on them to be included for CRTs and the like.

Also things like the Stake Jacket are pretty much optional equipment and just being able to take a lot of pain is literally stamina.

For once I'd like if people kept SCP out of their mouth when they bring it up as an example of fan works.

SCP is a collaborative fiction archive. The people who write for it can be anyone, true. However, if it's SCP, it is SCP. Anything written on the site is part of it and not fanfiction unless explicitly stated to be. And those are usually relegated to non-canon crossovers with other pieces of media.

And contrary to popular belief, everything in SCP is canon. Both in a meta sense and in-universe sense, there is an underlying mechanic that makes all fiction in SCP true canon even if it contradicts itself due to how Swann's observation works. And as for what constitutes as SCP in the real world, anything that authors on the site create for the site is canon. Copyright laws do be like that.

I would appreciate it greatly if people stop bringing up SCP to justify putting fractured canons and actual fanfictions on the site.

To add onto my own point and Ovens' post, it's easier to write an entire physical book and get it published than it is to get something officially into the SCP Extended Canon, anyone can write for it, yes, but there are many a hoop to jump through to get it officially into it.
Who wakes up in the morning and goes "Oh boy I can't wait to read this SCP article"
People who like the idea of the verse also derailing

Is that character officially recognized by any written media for official WoD?
Official as in what? As in licensed? We'll get to that.

Firstly, their Kickstarter goals actually let people do exactly that, and also be write parts of the books themselves.

For example, Vampire; the Masquerade: Bloodlines was not official, it was written by people completely disconnected from Whitewolf, Paradox or Oynx Publishing (the Publishers of all WoD's stuff) but they brought it into official print anyway.

Like, I don't think you actually have any idea about how WoD works.

Let me illuminate so we don't get some pretentious "I know more about this than you do" nonesense anymore.

Within Paradox Interactive, there's something called "The Dark Pack", the reason why often people can't make their characters made into print is because of Copyright issues.

The Dark Pack is the officially sanctioned World of Darkness Fan support. Functionally, when you make content for WoD, you'd agree to the Dark Pack terms and conditions, and this lets you make content for World of Darkness without causing Copyright issues.

What this means is, they functionally own any product made by people under the Dark Pack as it remains their intellectual property and the user (in this case Alfabrusa) gets to use their intellectual property.

Here's the most clear excerpt from the agreement;

"Subject to your compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Paradox hereby grants you a personal, non-sublicensable, royalty-free, revocable right and license to use the World of Darkness IP for types of content listed in this policy."
I think this sets a very bad precedent for tabletop verses as a whole, you know, unofficial things are now canon because yes, if Hunter: The Parenting is officially recognized in WoD media, sure, why the hell not connect em.
The "unofficial things" you're talking about are characters, actual tangible elements that influences the Greater WoD series.

This isn't "My OC beats the Lady of Pain on a weekly basis and killed the GM.", they're not only very reasonable characters, but the story itself is Written within the story of WoD and uses all the official lore.

Secondly, no, it's not a 'bad precedent'. Tabletop games have been making people's works "canon" since before SCP was even conceptualized, what we're talking about is a Licensed story which follows all the lore of WoD being given character profiles.

This isn't adding in elements to a cosmology that aren't already there, it's not being used to inflate statistics, it exists only to bring characters into the WoD umbrella on the website.

There is no new precedent being made here that isn't already covered by the SCP profiles, there is no extraordinary factors to the Hunter; the Parenting character profiles.

You are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Adventurers if I recall are officially recognized.
They aren't. Not the composite adventurer.

The Composite adventurer is an entirely theoretical entity with no existing examples in the story, they are not an extant being.

On the topic of fanworks...
Requesting the deletion of Bacteria for complicated reasons. We haven't really come to a conclusion on whether or not Backrooms profiles should be allowed, as the original Backrooms is literally just a random copypasta on 4chan, but Bacteria and other related works are fanworks from various communities ranging from Discord servers to even wikis dedicated to the copypasta.

Firstly, their Kickstarter goals actually let people do exactly that, and also be write parts of the books themselves.

For example, Vampire; the Masquerade: Bloodlines was not official, it was written by people completely disconnected from Whitewolf, Paradox or Oynx Publishing (the Publishers of all WoD's stuff) but they brought it into official print anyway.

Let me illuminate so we don't get some pretentious "I know more about this than you do" nonesense anymore.

Within Paradox Interactive, there's something called "The Dark Pack", the reason why often people can't make their characters made into print is because of Copyright issues.

The Dark Pack is the officially sanctioned World of Darkness Fan support. Functionally, when you make content for WoD, you'd agree to the Dark Pack terms and conditions, and this lets you make content for World of Darkness without causing Copyright issues.

What this means is, they functionally own any product made by people under the Dark Pack as it remains their intellectual property and the user (in this case Alfabrusa) gets to use their intellectual property.

"Subject to your compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Paradox hereby grants you a personal, non-sublicensable, royalty-free, revocable right and license to use the World of Darkness IP for types of content listed in this policy."

The "unofficial things" you're talking about are characters, actual tangible elements that influences the Greater WoD series.

This isn't "My OC beats the Lady of Pain on a weekly basis and killed the GM.", they're not only very reasonable characters, but the story itself is Written within the story of WoD and uses all the official lore.

Secondly, no, it's not a 'bad precedent'. Tabletop games have been making people's works "canon" since before SCP was even conceptualized, what we're talking about is a Licensed story which follows all the lore of WoD being given character profiles.

This isn't adding in elements to a cosmology that aren't already there, it's not being used to inflate statistics, it exists only to bring characters into the WoD umbrella on the website.

There is no new precedent being made here that isn't already covered by the SCP profiles, there is no extraordinary factors to the Hunter; the Parenting character profiles.

The Composite adventurer is an entirely theoretical entity with no existing examples in the story, they are not an extant being.
Yeah this is perfectly fine I feel. Although a policy on such things should be made to clarify canonicity rules and such to avoid misinterpretation.

Yeah this is perfectly fine I feel. Although a policy on such things should be made to clarify canonicity rules and such to avoid misinterpretation.
I agree, we don't want needless things like someone creating Mathiverse in WoD and justifying it using the Dark Pack licensing agreement.

I feel it should be clear as to what should be allowed and what shouldn't using a "Reasonable man" test. Basically thinking "Would it be reasonable to add X in under the rules."

Thank you, that's all you needed to explain, no bullshit, no this no that, just get to the core point. The only issue here NOW is that Markus's profile lacks scans or references for mostly everything and espeically why he or any of the vamps he fights are 9-B in the first place and the fact Pyotr has an Anti-feat to his durability(Which is why I think he's a glass cannon).

So what needs to be done now is to just put Markus at Average Human LS as he's got no reason to scale to Door who'd be Above Average Human at minimum, get his striking strength sorted out whichever way it should, probably just wall class, and move the pain stuff over to his stamina section. I'll probably cover why he'd resist Kevin's mind manipulation later.

So what needs to be done now is to just put Markus at Average Human LS as he's got no reason to scale to Door who'd be Above Average Human at minimum, get his striking strength sorted out whichever way it should, probably just wall class, and move the pain stuff over to his stamina section. I'll probably cover why he'd resist Kevin's mind manipulation later.
Average humans in WoD are just way more powerful than they are in real life.

Take for a moment that Big-D beat a Methuselah, Methuselah at the lowest are 7-A at least.

But not only did he fight a Methuselah, he fought a Lasombra Methuselah, who literally have a 6-C feat.

Average humans in WoD are just way more powerful than they are in real life.

Take for a moment that Big-D beat a Methuselah, Methuselah at the lowest are 7-A at least.

But not only did he fight a Methuselah, he fought a Lasombra Methuselah, who literally have a 6-C feat.
then just superhuman-

Big D also got his head cracked open by a fall from a second story window so...

The only issue here NOW is that Markus's profile lacks scans or references for mostly everything and espeically why he or any of the vamps he fights are 9-B in the first place and the fact Pyotr has an Anti-feat to his durability(Which is why I think he's a glass cannon).
The horrible referencing system shalt not touch the WoD profiles.

On the topic of fanworks...
Requesting the deletion of Bacteria for complicated reasons. We haven't really come to a conclusion on whether or not Backrooms profiles should be allowed, as the original Backrooms is literally just a random copypasta on 4chan, but Bacteria and other related works are fanworks from various communities ranging from Discord servers to even wikis dedicated to the copypasta.
Bump?

Stats seem to be wonky, 9-A has no scans and none of the abilities have evidence to back them up
Also the Troll at least to me doesn't seem to cause more damage then one can with an axe that size, so idk how his durability backscales, also I'd like to mention the only supporter is banned so

No supporters on verse page, no scans for P&A and the ratings are messy asf alongside using Naruto Forum calcs

No supporters and no scans for the most part, not to mention some questionable scaling

Only page on it needs an update, @MrKerf or @InfiniteDay might be able to help with that but if not then well

No calc to support 8-C rating and simply guesses, the only supporter on the verse page has been last active in 2019

All the ratings outside 1 are calcless, and the one that has a calc is one that isn't even approved
Only supporter has been last active on 2019

No supporters, calcs are from Naruto Forum and the pages seem to composite novels and films

Only supporter has been inactive for over a year and the stats seem like guess work + no scans

No supporters and only page barely has scans and the reference only thing is iffy asf

Literally no pages for the verse

I'd say the verse more so needs a cleanup, but iirc the franchise is fairly large so it's mainly up to @Amelia_Lonelyheart to decide if we're better off deleting it

Just poor quality pages, ratings seemingly are pulled out of nowhere for various things and no explanations for abilities
The people listed on the verse page also seem to have been inactive for a while

Only page on it needs an update, @MrKerf or @InfiniteDay might be able to help with that but if not then well
Needing an update isn't grounds for deletion, dude.
I'd say the verse more so needs a cleanup, but iirc the franchise is fairly large so it's mainly up to @Amelia_Lonelyheart to decide if we're better off deleting it
It's pretty basic, can be left as is with maybe some minor fixes you can surely carry through yourself. Also tell her on discord.

Well that depends on if they're willing to update it or not
If not well it's not really in a good state imo
Profile's fine the way it is, if somewhat incomplete, that's good enough in my book.

I was also thinking I might check the verse myself but that's neither here nor there.

Thank you, that's all you needed to explain, no bullshit, no this no that, just get to the core point. The only issue here NOW is that Markus's profile lacks scans or references for mostly everything and espeically why he or any of the vamps he fights are 9-B in the first place and the fact Pyotr has an Anti-feat to his durability(Which is why I think he's a glass cannon).

Can somebody explain the context here in an easy to understand manner please? We should obviously only feature characters that have been officially recognised as being canon by the license holders for each verse, not ones from personal game campaigns or fanfiction stories.

Can somebody explain the context here in an easy to understand manner please? We should obviously only feature characters that have been officially recognised as being canon by the license holders for each verse, not ones from personal game campaigns or fanfiction stories.

"Subject to your compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Paradox hereby grants you a personal, non-sublicensable, royalty-free, revocable right and license to use the World of Darkness

Uld explains it here, and after this pretty much everyone agreed the profile should stay.

Only supporter has been inactive for over a year and the stats seem like guess work + no scans
The only problem Town of Salem has is that the pages are minimalistic because there isn't much else to go off of, the statistics are hardly guess work and are actually how the game functions.

Stats seem to be wonky, 9-A has no scans and none of the abilities have evidence to back them up
Also the Troll at least to me doesn't seem to cause more damage then one can with an axe that size, so idk how his durability backscales, also I'd like to mention the only supporter is banned so

No supporters on verse page, no scans for P&A and the ratings are messy asf alongside using Naruto Forum calcs

No supporters and no scans for the most part, not to mention some questionable scaling

No calc to support 8-C rating and simply guesses, the only supporter on the verse page has been last active in 2019

All the ratings outside 1 are calcless, and the one that has a calc is one that isn't even approved
Only supporter has been last active on 2019

No supporters, calcs are from Naruto Forum and the pages seem to composite novels and films

No supporters and only page barely has scans and the reference only thing is iffy asf

Just poor quality pages, ratings seemingly are pulled out of nowhere for various things and no explanations for abilities
It is extremely important that you are not overzealous regarding pages that should be deleted. If all statistics in a popular verse are based on linked to accepted Narutoforums calculations, they can stay as far as I am concerned for example, even though it would be better to copy the relevant calculations to blogs in our wiki.

Neither is a lack of supporters a sufficiently large problem to warrant deletion as long as the statistics are not based on guesswork.

What you should focus on are mainly verses with very low-quality character profile pages with completely unreliable statistics. Ones that can easily be resqued via simple improvements should preferably remain.

That said, some of the above examples may very well genuinely qualify for deletion. I haven't had the time to investigate properly, and would appreciate help in that regard from our administrators and thread moderators.

Witch Hunter, from Tllmbrg's list, at least needs completely overhauling for the statistics or it needs deleting.

Here's some examples from a few of the profiles:

Attack Potency At least Multi-City Block level, Town level via power-scaling (She is considered one of the top Witch Hunters, also much stronger than her brother, can casually make huge earth formations, possibly higher)

Speed: Hypersonic via power-scaling

Lifting Strength: Superhuman

Striking Strength:
Human Class

Durability:
At least Multi-City Block level via power-scaling

Attack Potency: At least Large Building level, likely higher (Her strength is noted to be above the likes of Ryuhwan, as she was confident she could defeat him in battle based solely on her superior strength and speed, East said she can potentially become stronger then Varete)

Speed: At least Supersonic+, likely higher (Has blocked and avoided many quick attacks from Ryuhwan's bullets)

Lifting Strength: Class 5 (Has shown enough raw strength to lift her sword despite Words' using his powers to increase the sword's weight. The resulting act caused the ground at her feet to crack and crumble under her body while she herself lifted the sword with casual ease)

Striking Strength: At least Large Building Class

Durability:
At least Large Building level, likely higher

Attack Potency: At least Large Building level (Cougar can make very large explosions), likely higher

Speed:
Supersonic+ (Can compete with characters at this level)

Striking Strength:
Unknown

Durability:
At least Building Level, likely higher

Uld explains it here, and after this pretty much everyone agreed the profile should stay.
Please elaborate. If all that is said is that people who buy the game are allowed to create their own characters, that is still not sufficient grounds to include them according to our rules, which I strongly agree with. It is much better to move such characters to the FC/OC wiki in order to not muddle up the distinction between the areas that we focus on.

Neither is a lack of supporters a sufficiently large problem to warrant deletion as long as the statistics are not based on guesswork.

What you should focus on are mainly verses with very low-quality character profile pages with completely unreliable statistics. Ones that can easily be resqued via simple improvements should preferably remain.
I bring lack of supporters since a lot of this are of poor quality, so there's not really anyone to go and ping to try and revise the verse

The only problem Town of Salem has is that the pages are minimalistic because there isn't much else to go off of, the statistics are hardly guess work and are actually how the game functions.
Witch Hunter, from Tllmbrg's list, at least needs completely overhauling for the statistics or it needs deleting.

Here's some examples from a few of the profiles:

Attack Potency At least Multi-City Block level, Town level via power-scaling (She is considered one of the top Witch Hunters, also much stronger than her brother, can casually make huge earth formations, possibly higher)

Speed: Hypersonic via power-scaling

Striking Strength:
Human Class

Durability:
At least Multi-City Block level via power-scaling

Attack Potency: At least Large Building level, likely higher (Her strength is noted to be above the likes of Ryuhwan, as she was confident she could defeat him in battle based solely on her superior strength and speed, East said she can potentially become stronger then Varete)

Speed: At least Supersonic+, likely higher (Has blocked and avoided many quick attacks from Ryuhwan's bullets)

Lifting Strength: Class 5 (Has shown enough raw strength to lift her sword despite Words' using his powers to increase the sword's weight. The resulting act caused the ground at her feet to crack and crumble under her body while she herself lifted the sword with casual ease)

Striking Strength: At least Large Building Class

Durability:
At least Large Building level, likely higher

Attack Potency: At least Large Building level (Cougar can make very large explosions), likely higher

Speed:
Supersonic+ (Can compete with characters at this level)

Striking Strength:
Unknown

Durability:
At least Building Level, likely higher
Thank you to both of you and Armorchompy for helping out with quality control. I definitely do not want pages to be deleted indiscriminately.

I bring lack of supporters since a lot of this are of poor quality, so there's not really anyone to go and ping to try and revise the verse
Okay. That seems more reliable then, if you mean that the pages are based on guesswork in combination.

Idk, the AP here seems like it just upscales from 9-C who isn't even peak of the tier so and that applies to many pages
At the very least the 9-B pages need to be altered since they rely on scaling to something that doesn't have a page (The Godfather)

Please elaborate. If all that is said is that people who buy the game are allowed to create their own characters, that is still not sufficient grounds to include them according to our rules, which I strongly agree with. It is much better to move such characters to the FC/OC wiki in order to not muddle up the distinction between the areas that we focus on.
@Sir_Ovens

Yeah, I have almost everything ready, just need to compile it in the profile. Been busy lately, but I'll do it.
Also, it mainly needs a visual rework for better readibility and info from latest version.

Okay. That seems more reliable then, if you mean that the pages are based on guesswork in combination.
Also, thank you for helping out. It is very appreciated. Just please try to be cautious so only pages with genuine serious problems are deleted.

Anyways what about this?
I assume I can start deleting Witch Hunter at least

Back