• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Uld can explain it more clearly, but essentially there exists a section of WoD where players can create official licenced storylines and characters that are canon to the main series. Through some legal means, storylines created this way are owned and curated by the people behind WoD to fit within the already established rules of WoD.

Essentially it's like homebrew if the homebrew was reviewed by the creators of the game and deemed canon.

Uld can explain it more clearly, but essentially there exists a section of WoD where players can create official licenced storylines and characters that are canon to the main series. Through some legal means, storylines created this way are owned and curated by the people behind WoD to fit within the already established rules of WoD.

Essentially it's like homebrew if the homebrew was reviewed by the creators of the game and deemed canon.
Aha. Then it seems fine to me. Thank you for the explanation.

On the topic of fanworks...
Requesting the deletion of Bacteria for complicated reasons. We haven't really come to a conclusion on whether or not Backrooms profiles should be allowed, as the original Backrooms is literally just a random copypasta on 4chan, but Bacteria and other related works are fanworks from various communities ranging from Discord servers to even wikis dedicated to the copypasta.
Bump.

I think that it can probably be deleted if it is an obscure fan work.

its not really obscure but it is a fanwork. If a profile for Backrooms is made it should be only related to the big youtube series

I think that it can probably be deleted if it is an obscure fan work.
The backrooms is in the public domain and just a general mythos so I wouldn’t say it’s a work like how you wouldn’t consider the Marble Hornets series a fan work and the videos it hails from have millions of views so wouldn’t call it obscure

The backrooms is in the public domain and just a general mythos so I wouldn’t say it’s a work like how you wouldn’t consider the Marble Hornets series a fan work and the videos it hails from have millions of views so wouldn’t call it obscure
i'd say the video version of the characters is fine to use as they should be copyrighted

btw is Tllmberg the executioner of the wiki?
Maybe Tllmberg is a bit too harsh in the profiles quality. Personally, I think that it is normal for VS Battles Wiki to have old profiles because of the historical reason and I feel that it is better for us to improve them rather than deleting them. (And I believe that I and other users have been devoted to do this while introducing obscure verses) Anyway, assuming good faith is a good thing.
i'd say the video version of the characters is fine to use as they should be copyrighted
Since it is a specific work based on the Backrooms setting, it should be clarified as such since I have seen that the disambiguation page has said:
This is inaccurate since it is better to consider Backrooms Found Footage as its own rather than representing the whole Backrooms creative works. I'm fine in the appearance of The Backrooms-related works. (I consider Wikidot Backrooms and FANDOM Backrooms as separate and independent verses)

Okay. I suppose that it can probably stay then.

Neutral on Yaiba, Witchcraft Works and Yamato Takeru (they aren't all that bad), though nobody seems to have any intention of making a CRT right now. I guess anyone who's interested can just archive those verses.

At the very least, Top Wing should be nuked immediately. The Secret Life of Pets is just circular scaling, and the only two people who seemed to be interested in Zork currently aren't even on the wiki anymore.

Neutral on Yaiba, Witchcraft Works and Yamato Takeru, though nobody seems to have any intention of making a CRT right now. I guess anyone who's interested can just archive those verses.
Thank you for helping out.

I would personally prefer if we keep Yaiba, if it has calculations as a basis for the statistics, and is not based on guesswork. If the other two are similar, they should preferably stay as well.
At the very least, Top Wing should be nuked immediately. The Secret Life of Pets is just circular scaling, and the only two people who seemed to be interested in Zork currently aren't even on the wiki anymore.
Okay. That is probably fine then. Thank you for helping out.

However, please remember to always be careful when deleting pages, Tllmbrg, so you check if there are any other pages that link to every one of the pages that you remove, and you remove the links accordingly.

Tllmbrg will likely handle the deletions, but he has sometimes forgotten to perform the associated cleanup work after deleting pages in the past, so I want to make certain that we agree in this regard.

Anyways I removed those three alongside Witch Hunter alongside all the links
Neutral on Yaiba, Witchcraft Works and Yamato Takeru (they aren't all that bad), though nobody seems to have any intention of making a CRT right now. I guess anyone who's interested can just archive those verses.

At least with Yaiba I disagree, just as an example look at this page:
Street level | City Block level with Lightning Slash (destroyed the Onimaru Castle), Mountain level with Tornado Slash (Scaling from Onimaru, who achieved this level with the same attack) | Likely City Block level with the Sphere of Fire (Commented by Musashi to be second only to the Sphere of Raijin) and the Sphere of Big (Cut down the Osaka Onimaru Fortress). His Sphere of Darkness BFR's opponents into the Sphere's dimensions, ignoring durability | At least Multi-City Block level with Fireballs (Accidentally destroyed a small portion of Mt.Fuji while only testing his power) to Planet level at his peak (Stated by Ryuujin to have the power to destroy Earth, and Yaiba could have destroyed it if Kaguya did not take the attack to herself) | At least Multi-City Block level with normal attacks, Planet level with Haou-ken in energy form (Easily sliced Onimaru’s planet busting Full-moon Slash) | Small Building level (The impact from his bokken clashing with Onimaru's destroyed a flaming replica of Honnō-ji)

Most of the ratings have no calcs or scans for them, with 9-C not even have a justification, rest of the stats being equally as bad with durability being the worst offender

I don't really have the effort to argue, but Ant at least wants to keep the verse.

Anyways I'll put more verses out for deletion

Supporter was last seen last year, the 9-B rating could be way higher for all we know without scans or calcs and the pages just seem poor quality in general

Ant or @First_Witch might want to revise it but as is it's a not good quality page so unless either of you plan to add to the verse page or revise the current one in it might as well be nuked

No supporters listed, powers either lack scans or the scans do a bad job showing why it qualifies for that

3-A rating without evidence, supporters seen active last year or two respectively, powers lack scans

Only supporter right now is inactive, uses circular scaling for most 9-C people, doesn't have scans for anything and there's a guy who's 10-A for stopping a car from moving

Only page for the verse is rather poor with the reasoning for 8-C being shaky, @Damage3245 could try defending the verse

Doesn't follow the formatting of weapon profiles and plagiarizes text from the DC wiki

I am fine with its deletion. I could recreate it down the line so if someone could copy this into a sandbox in the meantime (don't have access to my pc ATM), that would be appreciated

Supporter was last seen last year, the 9-B rating could be way higher for all we know without scans or calcs and the pages just seem poor quality in general

Ant or @First_Witch might want to revise it but as is it's a not good quality page so unless either of you plan to add to the verse page or revise the current one in it might as well be nuked

No supporters listed, powers either lack scans or the scans do a bad job showing why it qualifies for that

3-A rating without evidence, supporters seen active last year or two respectively, powers lack scans

Only supporter right now is inactive, uses circular scaling for most 9-C people, doesn't have scans for anything and there's a guy who's 10-A for stopping a car from moving

Only page for the verse is rather poor with the reasoning for 8-C being shaky, @Damage3245 could try defending the verse
Bump

Also adding to it:
Only two pages in it are fairly bad an inaccurate, @Sans2345 could try revising them but if not and nobody else wants to it's better off nuked

Anyways I removed those three alongside Witch Hunter alongside all the links

At least with Yaiba I disagree, just as an example look at this page:
Street level | City Block level with Lightning Slash (destroyed the Onimaru Castle), Mountain level with Tornado Slash (Scaling from Onimaru, who achieved this level with the same attack) | Likely City Block level with the Sphere of Fire (Commented by Musashi to be second only to the Sphere of Raijin) and the Sphere of Big (Cut down the Osaka Onimaru Fortress). His Sphere of Darkness BFR's opponents into the Sphere's dimensions, ignoring durability | At least Multi-City Block level with Fireballs (Accidentally destroyed a small portion of Mt.Fuji while only testing his power) to Planet level at his peak (Stated by Ryuujin to have the power to destroy Earth, and Yaiba could have destroyed it if Kaguya did not take the attack to herself) | At least Multi-City Block level with normal attacks, Planet level with Haou-ken in energy form (Easily sliced Onimaru’s planet busting Full-moon Slash) | Small Building level (The impact from his bokken clashing with Onimaru's destroyed a flaming replica of Honnō-ji)

Most of the ratings have no calcs or scans for them, with 9-C not even have a justification, rest of the stats being equally as bad with durability being the worst offender
Okay. That seems to make sense, but it would be much preferable if our pages for the verse are improved upon instead. Are there any active supporters available?
However, please remember to always be careful when deleting pages, Tllmbrg, so you check if there are any other pages that link to every one of the pages that you remove, and you remove the links accordingly.
Tllmbrg will likely handle the deletions, but he has sometimes forgotten to perform the associated cleanup work after deleting pages in the past, so I want to make certain that we agree in this regard.
Also, are you fine with this?

Most of this seems fine, but AMG/OMG is a quite prominent series, so I would much prefer if @First_Witch is willing to improve on the Belldandy page if necessary.

Anyway, thank you to everybody who are helping out here.
Probably would be a good idea to tell the page creator they can make sandbox since they seem new.
Also, I agree about this.

They last visited this forum 29 minutes ago.

Back