• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Roza

I just...ugh. This page is simultaneously trying to be a civ page and a character page and the majority of the info on it is either inaccurate or just completely made up

Okay. Feel free to delete it then.

On Filthy Frank, the page has been cleaned up so it's fine there, the question is should we allow pages for YouTube self-inserts if they later write a book and the book canon is exclusively used? If these are fine, I've heard of some other youtubers writing books so more profiles in this vein may come up in the future.

Well, fictional book characters should be fine. Pure YouTube personas are not though.

I would have if I saw it earlier, but it looks like he got blocked and WHAMed. Guess that's that then.

Yes, he kept uploading the page over and over and doing other borderline vandalism edits.

It's a profile for a film character based on/played by the actual guy. If people don't think it's a no then alright but I'm pretty certain we were against actor profiles.

Looking into the source, he does actually play a character instead of himself. Either way, fictionalized real people seem to be allowed here.

I suppose that it should hopefully be fine.

Mrkingofnegativity brought up in another thread that he is only 2-C when sitting on the throne of god, which seems like a huge weakness instead of (none notable) also he mentioned that he has no feats of tanking 2-C level attacks and his durability should potentially be more akin to his 8-C key.

I think they are pretty bad, if someone can give a short justification for their 2-C key they are barely passable.

Yes, would Nybody be willing to check through the other Preacher pages as well, to see if they are acceptable?

Okay. What do the rest of you hink?

Eureka Seve and all the pages in it should probably be deleted for now

The only supporter of the verse is long inactive, no edits other than category replacement and additions have been made to any of the pages in over a year and the pages as a whole are far below standards

Gol D. Roger, Squardo, Doma, Monkey D. Drago.

It has been agreed in the One Piece revision threads that these profiles don't serve any purpose; they're about characters that have never fought in the manga yet (Roger & Dragon) or one-note characters who have no meaningful abilities or feats (Doma & Squardo).

It would be for the best if these profiles were deleted.

Personally I think that Gol D. Roger and Monkey D. Dragon should be allowed to remain, given that they are so important characters for the story of the manga.

We also know that Roger was at least equal to prime Whitebeard, and that Dragon is stronger than Sabo.

I agree they're important but they really haven't done a lot. And we still don't know how they fight.

Squardo and Doma at least are useless profiles. Unlike Roger and Dragon they have no importance and no fights.

this definitely needs to be deleted and remade at a later date

It's important and accurate as far as I can tell, but it's well below modern profile standards

Given that it is a fairly important page, that I think we even use as an image in the front page of the mobile version of the wiki, it is probably best if you start a content revision thread that asks for help to improve the profile before we resort to deleting it.

Well. I think it could be an important page. As of right now it hasn't been touched since 2017 and has like 10 total edits (including category adding) since it was added in 2015.

The concept of the Green Lantern Ring is important, sure, but the page as it stands is a bit of an eyesore. A CRT could be done but the page itself is only somewhat "important" because it (poorly) represents an important idea and something that could be made to be important if given more work.

Okay. I will delete it then.

Honestly I didn't mind if the other one only went through a CRT. It was an eyesore that could be fixed- these two seem to look fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back