• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well, anything that's old, alien, or magic can get around that, and Bats has prior knowledge, so it's possible

None of those abilties are through magic though so it wouldn't get him mystery

He is also not old enough to have mystery

That said if he actually has magic then he can bypass it

Oh

Well magic on it's own doesn't grant the user mystery but the magic itself can still bypass immunity

Its mostly age.

The only way for living people to have mystery is to either be Lugh Beowulf or have really old items or have something that is completely impossible for humanity to understand

Other than that magic helps

What in particular would constitute something impossible for humanity to understand again?

According to the page for Mystery on the Type Moon page, the older the mystery the stronger it gets from what has been mentioned in that page given this particular situation. Interesting it mentioned in the Fate route of Fate Stay NIght, that the stronger mystery will erase the weaker mystery. However, I not sure how consistent this kind of rulling given how Nasu has the tendency to break rules in his own series.

@Yobo The scan though suggest they serve in that role of being Earth's keystone ie. being protectors of the Earth and the universe they reside in though. Also not sure how keystone is defined in DC anyway..

There's a lot of stuff that implies the three have more of a cosmic role is my point. There's a lot of supernatural stuff around Batman in particular. Let me pull up examples.

I mean, it's not really a power or ability, just a thing that exists. Not sure how we classify these sorts of things.

@Yobo

That seems to clarify with both Superman and Batman though.

I honestly not sure how much mystery Batman could have potentially accumulated given how Batman himself never dwell into the supernatural a lot and even then it did require the help of those who is quite knowledgeable in the supernatural world isn't it?

Yobo Blue said:
I don't get what you mean.
You know what I mean. Batman has never used magic nor has he ever get involved into the supernatural world a lot. In fact has he ever demonstrated to use magic in any known instances?

"Batman has never used magic or interacted with the supernatural"

I get the distinct feeling you haven't read the page or a lot of Batman comics.

Yobo Blue said:
"Batman has never used magic or interacted with the supernatural"
I get the distinct feeling you haven't read the page or a lot of Batman comics.
While I never got gotten into a lot of Batman comics, I don't believe that Batman has never use magic otherwise it will be shown in his profile and been categorized as a magic user.

Also to take things out of context is a district possibility.

And yeah, the scan refers to both Superman and Batman, but I don't see how that matters in this situation.

While I never got gotten into a lot of Batman comics, I don't believe that Batman has never use magic otherwise it will be shown in his profile and been categorized as a magic user.

Also to take things out of context is a district possibility.

It is on his page though. The page gives multiple instances of it.

Is it the same version of Batman though? The training to kill demon doesn't translate to having to dwell into the supernatural world a lot especially since his involvement in fighting crime in Gotham for the most part. The Joker, The Riddler, and other classical villains off the top of my head.

It is indeed the same Batman. And I fail to see how Batman fighting demons isn't supernatural.

And just because his most famous villains don't use magic, doesn't mean there are none he's faced. After all, Ra's Al Ghul and Vandal Savage have extremely esoteric things, and he regularly fights magic foes with the league. You can list any number of reasons why he would have mystery.

This is really more to determin if Batman has enough mystery to bypass Servant Immunity, which he should considering the cosmic lynchstuff that was mentioned above, even ignoring everything else.

Back