• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pre-Crisis Superman vs Jiren

Status
Not open for further replies.
Superman needs to concentrate for that, Jiren with his glare, doesn't.

And even when bloodlusted Pre-Crisis Supes never went in with Intangibility.

Nothing there suggests concentration, bloodlust here means PIS is off and he makes himself intangible instantly.

And he can still just absorb energy anyway.

Actually, Pre-Crisis Supes doesn't seem to have intangibility. Or, at least, it's not on his profile.

In addition, Supes can absorbs solar energy, magical energy or electricity. Jiren's attacks fall into none of the categories.

Pre-Crisis Supes' has a billion different powers, they're not all on his profile, scan proves he has it though.

Absorption irrelevant then, he still goes intangible and wins via hax.

Mr. Redic said:
Pre-Crisis Supes' has a billion different powers, they're not all on his profile, scan proves he has it though.
Then have all those powers added with your scans, you can't argue with information that's not on there. Also, only similar energy is equalized.

All that does is delay the inevitable, Superman has intangibility whether it's on his profile or not, it'd never be refuted in a CRT, Jiren gets stomped.

Is there any proof that Jiren's glare works over 4KM? Every time he used it to my knowledge, it was close range

Jiren's glare attack is just Jiren using some telekinetic/ki blasts without moving (well, I guess glaring might count as moving, but it's basically the same thing), it should work at range.

I mean he still gets stomped, but there's really need to downplay him like that.

It's not downplay if the ability hasn't shown anything remotely close to that range, though

I don't get the phasing argument. Sups needs to get close in order to use it and speed is equalized. The moment Jiren sees Sups closing distances is the same moment he glares.

Mr. Redic said:
Superman phasing means Jiren can't touch him, then he wins with hax.
Actually, phasing means he can still be hit with energy attacks unless he shown's to actually phase through them.

Doesn't Goku literally tear into another dimension by just powering up? Couldn't Jiren just do the same to stop Superman?

Also @Toshiohex those circumstances were Beerus, a god of destruction, destroying Zamasu across all possible timelines. Zeno only destroyed a singular timeline that consisted of 12 universes, the future timeline.

Superman doesn't have the specific attributes that Beerus has to enable him to delete JIren across all timelines.

..Didn't Jiren deflect an intangible attack from Hit? Doesn't that mean he can interact with intangibles, and block Superman's attacks?

I see. So instead of Goku vs Superman, you're doing someone who fought Goku vs Superman. Technically still legal. I applaud you.

How does what work?

Also, shouldn't Jiren's range be High Universal since he shook an infinite-sized void?

Warren Valion said:
If the horizon is filled with foliage and in the way, then I'd still argue inconclusively because Jiren can just sense Superman and shoot out a ki blast that will kill him - like he did Kale. Or Superman can locate Jiren though his special visions and then mind control him.

So instead of the battle ending instantly, it takes like... a second longer.
^^^

Jiren would need to see his opponent to glare at them, but since they are in Central Park, there are trees in the way and so the most likely scenario would be the one I listed above.

Either Jiren just disintegrates Superman with a Ki Blast because of the sheer AP difference or Superman locates and mind controls Jiren.

This is inconclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back