• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pre-Crisis Superman vs Jiren

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cell killed Trunks in the past and that's a different Trunks from the one we know.

In a nutshell, multiverse theory is a bit*h.

So no. If Sups go back in time to kill a younger Jiren the only thing he'd doing is creating an alternative universe where Jiren doesn't exist.

Calaca Vs said:
Cell killed Trunks in the past and that's a different Trunks from the one we know.
In a nutshell, multiverse theory is a bit*h.

So no. If Sups go back in time to kill a younger Jiren the only thing he'd doing is creating an alternative universe where Jiren doesn't exist.
That is a mechanic trunks' time travel has, not one that you can aply to verse equal.

Eh... No, that's how the DBverse works when it comes to timelines unless DBS changed something which I'm not sure.

Goku black and trunks both state that each time they time travel a new timeline is born

When trunks gave Goku the medicine he didn't save og Goku he made a new timeline where Goku lived

If the fight took place in a location in the db verse but idk if verse equal works like that

And even if he did I don't think that counts because the jiren he was fighting would still be alive

What Frank said.

Also, this takes place in a neutral verse. Our reality to be especific. So Sups would find nothing if he goes back in time to kill Jiren.

Well, if all else fails, how is Jiren's resistance to mind hax? Because superman has a good couple of ways on how to work that on him.

Jiren has no Resistance to Mindhax. Only to Empathic Manipulation which doesn't Matter here.

Anyway, Jiren glares and Sups dies until a DC KM comes to clarify his AP. Mindhax isn't Sups leading move so w/o knowledge about Jiren he'd go for a punch to get glared.

Well, Superman can tank a big bang. It was explained by someone that the big bang created many matter, and just one mass of that matter is enough to support one universe. There were lots of energy matter that where shown in the panel, if 1 pocket of that matter equals 1 universe, then wouldn't that put superman a couple times above universal for tanking a big bang, which produced many of those energy masses? I just can't find the scan at the moment but it was indeed explained. If anyone knows the scan, can they please help me out. Thanks ƒæî

Jiren should have some MINIMUM resistance to hypnosis, as seen when Roshi was unable to take over a fighter because it was too powerful (the guy still had to hit himself)

So sups now has hax advantage (Mind hax) and is possibly hundreds of times or more universal than Jiren due to that scan.

@kal why would bloodlust,making the character want to kill the other as fast as possible, make non lethal hax more likely

Kaltias said:
Paul Frank said:
Supes also wouldn't go for mindhax cause you know
Bloodlust
But bloodlust makes using hax more likely
Bloodlust doesn't mean, "I throw all my abilities at my opponent", it means that, "I really really really want to kill my opponent."

In other words, they want blood - lots of it. And I'd argue using a move that just incapacitates (his Super-Hypnosis) his opponent instead of ripping him to shreds is more unlikely because of him being bloodlusted.

Superman being bloodlusted does mean they are out for blood

So why would he not use mindhax immediately to draw blood and kill as fast as possible?

Bloodlust in vs debating means "No CIS".

It isn't even related to killing the opponent, just defeating them.

It's on the Bloodlust page.

Legit, go there and Ctrl+F "Kill"

Even then, he could simply say "Jiren, kill yourself"

Even assuming it means Kill

Why can't Superman use hypnosis and the kill him?

Seems like common sense

And even with said dictionary definition, Superman using hypnosis to help kill him makes sense

Schnee One said:
Even assuming it means Kill
Why can't Superman use hypnosis and the kill him?

Seems like common sense
When you want to kill someone, do you think rationally or strategically?

No, you don't. Why waste your time thinking and not just punch the guy into a bloody paste? All you want is their blood on your hands and to hear their screams of agony.

Superman isn't aware of the discrepancy in strength that he has with Jiren, and if he wants to kill Jiren, it would be more likely for him for him to punch Jiren then it would be for him to try and hypnotize him and then punch him, or have Jiren kill himself.

Yes actually, why would being bloodlusted and wanting to kill someone does not randomly degrade your mindset?

If a person is extremely intelligent but is bloodlusted, they go about it in the smartest way possible.

Some of the best serial killers out there, who have killed hundreds of people for fun but have never been caught, are they not strategic?

Being bloodlusted usually comes from a degraded mindset yes, but being bloodlusted would not lower the thinking process of a logically smart person

Superman wants to kill, but he isn't going to take the hard way out just cause he wants to kill

Which again, is irrelevant because the wiki has its own definition.

It's even specified on the page

"It should be noted that there are differences between natural bloodlust (the kind that exists within fictional continuities) and induced bloodlust (the kind used in a vs. thread). Induced bloodlust means the character is free from Plot Induced Stupidity, whereas naturally bloodlusted characters are still vulnerable to this, and are often hampered by it even more than level-headed characters. For example, they may simply attack recklessly, without planning or thinking, or using their powers creatively."

No seriously, even ignoring how irrelevant this is are we really saying

"I really want to kill this person, so I will not kill them with a thought but will instead go over from 4KM away and punch him"

Schnee One said:
Yes actually, why would being bloodlusted and wanting to kill someone does not randomly degrade your mindset?
If a person is extremely intelligent but is bloodlusted, they go about it in the smartest way possible.

Some of the best serial killers out there, who have killed hundreds of people for fun but have never been caught, are they not strategic?

Being bloodlusted usually comes from a degraded mindset yes, but being bloodlusted would not lower the thinking process of a logically smart person

Superman wants to kill, but he isn't going to take the hard way out just cause he wants to kill
The smartest killers are able to properly restrain their bloodlust so they don't get caught, but wanting to kill someone is inherently primal and animalistic - even for the strongest and smartest of people.

Kaltias said:
Which again, is irrelevant because the wiki has its own definition.
It's even specified on the page

"It should be noted that there are differences between natural bloodlust (the kind that exists within fictional continuities) and induced bloodlust (the kind used in a vs. thread). Induced bloodlust means the character is free from Plot Induced Stupidity, whereas naturally bloodlusted characters are still vulnerable to this, and are often hampered by it even more than level-headed characters. For example, they may simply attack recklessly, without planning or thinking, or using their powers creatively."
Well that just isn't what bloodlust is.

That is just turning PIS or CIS off.

Those are different things.

@Warren Don't quote walks of text, just @ the name.

Ignoring that. Again. That's our definition of bloodlust, and even assuming that someone who kills hundreds of people somehow has a restrained bloodlust.

Why is Superman not going to kill in the easiest way possible?

Schnee One said:
@Warren Don't quote walks of text, just @ the name.
Ignoring that. Again. That's our definition of bloodlust, and even assuming that someone who kills hundreds of people somehow has a restrained bloodlust.

Why is Superman not going to kill in the easiest way possible?
These aren't "walls of text" - they aren't that big. This is an example of "walls of text" territory.

And my problem comes from the wiki's definition of Bloodlust.

But anyway, I'd vote inconclusive then. Superman either mind-controls or Jiren glares.

Schnee One said:
@Warren Looking from 4KM away is slower then thinking
Not really.

People can see things much farther distances than 4KM, and I am pretty sure that Jiren can see better than any regular human can. So Superman would be in his line of sight.

And glaring doesn't take that much concentration.

And in every panel that Superman uses his Super Hypnosis, he needs to "Concentrate Mightly" or "gather up his thoughts" to improve his mental fortitude.

It takes about the same level of concentration as glaring.

He isn't MM, his mind-shit isn't instantaneous with a passive thought or anything. Superman is still mainly a physical being.

Voting Superman via hax.

He's got absorbtion that works on magic energy, probably works on ki blasts too, which would have been Jiren's only chance.

They can see 4KM away and much farther

Problem is, the horizon exists, and thus, especially in the middle of Central Park of all places, Jiren glaring at him is even less likely,

I also don't remember Superman gathering his thoughts for something as simple as mindhaxing someone.

Schnee One said:
They can see 4KM away and much farther
Problem is, the horizon exists, and thus, especially in the middle of Central Park of all places, Jiren glaring at him is even less likely,

I also don't remember Superman gathering his thoughts for something as simple as mindhaxing someone.
Superman needs to"Concentrates Mightly" (This makes me laugh just reading this) when physically incapable of moving, and Superman "Must Concentrate...Gather Up My Own Thoughts", to increase his own mental fortitude to not just increase his own mind resistance, but to control and overpower others. Reading these two panels gives me the idea that Superman's mind-stuff is kind like Goku and his "letting his guard down thing", if he doesn't concentrate, then it isn't active, and he can be assaulted with such a technique.

If the horizon is filled with foliage and in the way, then I'd still argue inconclusively because Jiren can just sense Superman and shoot out a ki blast that will kill him - like he did Kale. Or Superman can locate Jiren though his special visions and then mind control him.

So instead of the battle ending instantly, it takes like... a second longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back