• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pre-Crisis Superman vs Jiren

Status
Not open for further replies.
Superman Via hax wins. Jiren has better combat skills though. But in the end, it definitely will be superman.

Jiren AP stomps. He one punches superman. Buuut, i dunno which hax clark starts with.

I am pretty sure he starts by punching villians ln most scenarios.

Hans0l013123897 said:
Jiren AP stomps. He one punches superman.
Buuut, i dunno which hax clark starts with.

I am pretty sure he starts by punching villians ln most scenarios.
well they are both at Universal+ ,so Jiren dosn't stomps

From my limited knowledge, the Pre-Crisis area was crazy and stupid- and gave Superman a new wacky ability basically every issue.

With that being said, I don't know if Superman uses any of those abilities consistently, or if it was a one-off thing.

I am more in line to believe that Superman would go for a punch more often than control someone's mind.

So I believe this comes down to AP generally. So what's Superman's AP value?

I think baseline, but the DC universe is larger the usual one i believe. But Jiren is quite a bunch of times stronger than baseline low 2-C.

Most of Superman's wacky abilities won't mean anything here. The only thing I'd be concerned about is the Time Travel/BFR and the Super-Hypnosis. The TT and BFR aren't much of an issue because Jiren can literally just Glare and stop it.

I have no knowledge of the extent of the Hypnosis or if Jiren can beat Supes down before he does it.

TheC2 said:
Most of Superman's wacky abilities won't mean anything here. The only thing I'd be concerned about is the Time Travel/BFR and the Super-Hypnosis. The TT and BFR aren't much of an issue because Jiren can literally just Glare and stop it.
I have no knowledge of the extent of the Hypnosis or if Jiren can beat Supes down before he does it.
I really don't believe that it is in-character for Superman too use such an ability.

If they are bloodlusted and both going for the kill that would make it even more unlikely that supes would use anything that doesn't hurt people

Jiren glares, which is literally the quickest and fastest way to beat Super-Man without moving.

Superman can

1) Do his shooting rainbow out of his fingers and create copies of himself

- However moving his hands << glaring

2) Time Travel

- He has to build up speed and I see unlikely him leaving to return back in time

3) Super Hypnosis

- Both technique should be the same speed as they require mid concentration and to look at the opponent. However, Jiren's attack would hurt/kill Superman while Superman's would just influence his mind

Overall, Jiren looks like the more likely to win by glaring

If they are both bloodlusted, then I really doubt that Superman would go for non-lethal methods like BFR or Hypnosis.

So yeah, it's a match that comes down to AP.

So can someone get a DC expert to give us a read on Superman's AP?

Then it's an AP stomp for Jiren. SBA assumes this is Limit Breaker/Burning Warrior Jiren. Even if it was Base Jiren, he'd still clean house.

Also, is jiren Timeline level at best and High 3-A casually? Because that's what his feats has shown so far. I don't mind if anyone explains to me but it seems superman seems to be timeline level with less stress and effort like Jiren.

He's low 2-C casually, actually. His suppressed form was above a baseline low 2-C. This is before him trying or breaking his limits.

In terms of raw AP I will almost always say Dragon Ball wins

Shin already stated that Jiren was 'unlike' any of their previous opponents...this would include Infinite Zamasu. This was in 110. 15 or so episodes later we have Goku pushing Jiren to power up further with Belmod remarking that he hadn't seen Jiren 'go this far' in a long time.

So, effectively speaking? Jiren was already > Infinite Zamasu before he even fought UIO Goku and had to be constantly pushed higher and higher in every episode he was in. He is definitely far above baseline.

Post-UIO2 Goku managed to push Jiren harder than UIO Goku in just his Blue form...Jiren then took on both SSBKKX20 Goku and SSBE Vegeta (Who is stated to match SSBKKX20 Goku by the anime director). He effectively took on two people that should > Infinite Zamasu who were then multiplied by 20x.

UIO is agreed to be a 40x multiplier so Jiren's full power was above somebody that is over 40x baseline.

Overall, Jiren is objectively 40x baseline in Low 2-C and can be argued to be hundreds of times the baseline.

If this is an AP vs AP match and Superman is only baseline then Jiren curbstomps.

If we factor in hax I can see Superman managing to win. What hax would Superman use when bloodlusted?

I should note that UIO is only considered AT LEAST 40x as a boost. It's actually very likely that it's far greater than that.

CryoTheMayo, Superman can use time BFR hax. Then again, there's no point to that if jiren can already destroy the entire timeline! Then again, can't superman travel far back to where jiren was weak?

Also, does 40x multiplier really mean 40x universes? If so, that would be awesome, makes me want to watch DBS again!

In Dragon Ball the multiplier technique, the Kaio-Ken, is a hard multiplier to the user's power, speed, etc. Goku Blue is Low 2-C in itself and can be multiplied with Kaio-Ken X20. SSBE Vegeta is stated by an anime director to equal SSBKKX20 Goku. So, yes. SSBKKX20 Goku is at least 20x Low 2-C.

I'm unsure how the rulings work in terms of verse equalisation, regarding how timelines work, but the Dragon World functions on the Many Worlds theory where one choice can branch into many different timelines....this is what is agreed upon based on character statements and some non-canon materials that are built on this statement.

If Many Worlds theory is applied then Superman wouldn't be able to wipe Jiren out of existence by killing a younger, and thus weaker, version of him. He would just be killing another timeline version of Jiren. That's at least how I THINK it works.

Something, something, Goku vs Superman, something, something, this can't end well.

CryoTheMayo, Hmm, what about how trunks time traveled and I recall that Zamasu was destroyed in the past (or some alternate time) by Zeno, thus effecting his existence in the present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back