• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pre-Crisis Superman vs Jiren

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don 't get why we're saying that Jiren's Glare is so short in range. We list all his ki blasts and attacks as universal in range. His glare falls under that and we don't list it as shorter.

TheC2 said:
I don 't get why we're saying that Jiren's Glare is so short in range. We list all his ki blasts and attacks as universal in range. His glare falls under that and we don't list it as shorter.
It's not that his glare has short range, it's that the trees and foliage of Central Park block Jiren from visibly seeing Superman.

If you can't see the opponent, then you can't glare.

So Jiren would just sense his opponent, and throw a Ki blast as he did with Kale.

Warren Valion said:
TheC2 said:
It's not that his glare has short range, it's that the trees and foliage of Central Park block Jiren from visibly seeing Superman.
He can still sense him, though. Besides this also the fact that Jiren could just Danmaku the area.

Superman doesnt have ki he can't sense him. While supes can see him because x ray vision and can one shot with heat vision.

TheC2 said:
He can still sense him, though. Besides this also the fact that Jiren could just Danmaku the area.
That's exactly what Jiren's win-con is in this match.

Superman's win-con is looking for Jiren using his X-ray Vision and using his mind control.

Since we can't predict who does their win-con first, we say it is inconclusive.

Xalatath said:
Superman doesnt have ki he can't sense him. While supes can see him because x ray vision and can one shot with heat vision.
Ki is Life Energy.

Superman is alive, then he has Ki - and Jiren can sense him.

Superman can also throw the whole central park along with jiren into the past or the future before jiren could get to him.

Ki/Chi/Qi exists in the DC Multiverse. In fact, there's a guy who has Superman's powers because he's infused with Superman's Qi.

So yeah, Superman has a ki signature.

It's also VERY in-character for DB characters to be sensing Ki constantly when fighting. I'm certain that Jiren would sense Superman instantly whereas Superman would have to consciously choose to use X-Ray vision to track Jiren down.

Enraged MUI Goku >>>>>>>> LB Jiren >= MUI Goku >>>>>>> Full-power Base Jiren > 3rd UIO Goku > GoD >>>> Slight-portion-of-his-true-power Jiren > SSBKKx20 Goku = SSBE Vegeta > Toppo > Kefla > 2nd UIO Goku > Holding-back Jiren > UIO Goku > Zamasu, who is baseline.

Did I get it right?

MrKingOfNegativity said:
>Power that countered a ring which destroyed every possible future but one
Isn't that...

Far above Low 2-C?
See, I knew I wasn't the only one that thought something about that scan felt off.

If that's legitimate for making Superman 2-A then this is obviously going to be closed lmfao

I still think Jiren scales above Superman as a Low 2-C. A bare minimum Jiren would have to scale above 40x Low 2-C and that's not LB Jiren.

Jiren realistically scales into the hundreds or thousands of times baseline.

@KLOL: It does. Because it is. That's a feat of destroying several timelines, and in Supes' case, matching the energy that did so. That's at least 2-C, and may be even higher depending on context.

It might be an outlier however, although I'm not going to try and say for certain. I haven't bothered with Pre-Crisis DC in ages. (to the point that I remember far more about Post-Crisis than Pre-Crisis)

Definitely an outlier IMHO, Superman really hasn't replicated feats like this multiple times unlike his normal Big-Bang feats.

AKA potential downgrade possible. Supes will still be Low 2-C, but via scaling to Superboy-Prime and the weakened Monitor.

Does pre crisis scale to Monarch? Monarch beat 52 Low 2-C Captain Atoms at once.

I mean, I don't know if that right. I know that SBP scales to both Monarch and PC supes, but I don't know if PC supes necessarily scales to Monarch.

Honestly when does Whis call Jiren stronger than the GoDs? Knowing Whis' deductive ability how do we know he wasn't referring to full power Jiren?

That would line up with a serious Jiren being above GoD Toppo.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Wokistan said:
Does pre crisis scale to Monarch? Monarch beat 52 Low 2-C Captain Atoms at once.
Beating 52 of something doesn't make you 52X times as strong as one of that thing. Not saying that's what you're saying, just saying.
It would have been if Monarch just one-shotted them all at once. Which doesn't seem to be the case here.

But Low 2-C nonetheless.

Well, that's based on how Captain Atom scales I guess. In DB if you are twice the power of someone you can curbstomp entire groups of people of that person's strength. Not sure how fighting groups of a particular power scales for other verses.

Assaltwaffle said:
Honestly when does Whis call Jiren stronger than the GoDs? Knowing Whis' deductive ability how do we know he wasn't referring to full power Jiren?
That would line up with a serious Jiren being above GoD Toppo.
AFAIK, it was when Jiren shook the World of Void, and a slightly-serious Jiren backslapped SSBKKx20 Goku and SSBE Vegeta, and the latter had taken out GoD Toppo not moments before.

I recently rewatched that episode and Whis specifically says that Jiren is akin to a God of Destruction and then suspects that he may be the one to have surpassed the power of a Destroyer. I am referring to 110.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back