• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pre-Crisis Superman vs Jiren

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know buddy, the way it's explained seems 50/50 to me. Either one of them could do something out of character to help or harm themselves.

But I wonder that since most don't believe supes is above baseline and Jiren is more powerful than the phantom timeline superman, isn't this a stomp? ƒñö

Jiren has 3 options. Glare, punch or ki blast.

Sups has punch, heat vision, freeze breath, mindhax, phase and a buttload of other powers.

Aló of Jiren's moves will kill Sups but only one of Sups' moves would kill Jiren.

CryoTheMayo said:
If you go with that argument then I have to question why Jiren doesn't just freeze Superman solid with telekinesis (a trait every fighter in DB uses for advanced ki techniques) and kill him.
Pretty sure Jiren doesn't have TK...

The real cal howard said:
CryoTheMayo said:
If you go with that argument then I have to question why Jiren doesn't just freeze Superman solid with telekinesis (a trait every fighter in DB uses for advanced ki techniques) and kill him.
Shouldn't he, though? He was levitating rocks easily enough while meditating.

Isn't that like... what happens when they power up?

Pretty sure most DB characters had a moment where their power made rocks levitate, it happened a lot in the android saga for sure.

It's not something that can be concentrated into an attack.

CryoTheMayo said:
As Orc said...Jiren definitely has telekinesis. Practically every fighter since the Saiyan saga has displayed some talent or ability for it. How else do you think characters can manipulate the movement of their attacks? Jiren actively meditates in the ToP and is depicted as lifting Kachi Katchin, which is a material even heavier and harder than normal Katchin, with his mind.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Isn't that like... what happens when they power up?
Pretty sure most DB characters had a moment where their power made rocks levitate, it happened a lot in the android saga for sure.

It's not something that can be concentrated into an attack.
Jiren wasn't powering up, though, all he was doing was meditating. He assumed a floating cross-legged position, red energy surrounded him, and then debris around him lifted into the air, wreathed in a red outline, much like when Freeza uses his telekinesis.

Calaca Vs said:
Jiren has 3 options. Glare, punch or ki blast.

Sups has punch, heat vision, freeze breath, mindhax, phase and a buttload of other powers.

Aló of Jiren's moves will kill Sups but only one of Sups' moves would kill Jiren.
Jiren has Attack Reflection and he can also block intangible attacks

A Stoned Orc said:
Jiren wasn't powering up, though, all he was doing was meditating. He assumed a floating cross-legged position, red energy surrounded him, and then debris around him lifted into the air, wreathed in a red outline, much like when Freeza uses his telekinesis.
Yeah, but he was concentrating his energy.

Plus, telekinesis was also shown without outline.

Eh, doesn't matter much here.

@Toshio stomp why?

@Jack only one of Sups' moves would kill Jire I'm pretty sure I didn't mentioned phase as an argument for Sups to win. Same with heat vision and freeze breath. I was talking about mindhax.

When are we gonna realize that Hit's selective intangibility for his attacks aren't intangible when they make contact with an organic and are only intangible when passing through non-living objects?

You mean like Frieza's do?
He's referring to how Hit's shockwave punches go through clothing and cause a crumpling effect on the targeted location. Effectively appearing as him striking the target internally.

Hans0l013123897 said:
I think baseline, but the DC universe is larger the usual one i believe. But Jiren is quite a bunch of times stronger than baseline low 2-C.
Pre-Crisis universe was never stated to be larger in the first place

The size of a universe doesn't matter for low 2-C...

The amount of 3-D stuff that you destroy never does.

And if there are multiple timelines in it, it isn't really a universe.

Ricsi-Viragosi, Im pretty sure the universe size does matter, that's why there's high universe level.

Also, you are correct, if it has multiple timelines, it's not a universe, it would actually be a Multiverse (which superman should be classed as). But it doesn't matter, it was counted as a outlier ƒÿó

Oh, I see what you're saying accel (The Divine Phoenix, your profile pic is accelerator right)?

It's all about DIMENSION size in order to be classed higher, not universe size, gotcha. That's what you were implying right?

It's Alcor.

That's about correct, Low 2-C is having the ability to destroy a single 4-D Space-Time continuum. The only way (I believe) to really scale Low 2-Cs is by being stronger than other Low 2-Cs.

Alcor, according to what you believe (low 2-c being stronger than other low 2-C for a upgrade) and according to what everyone is saying about jiren being WAY above baseline, it seems that Jiren should be listed as at least low 2-C. ƒñö

No, that's not quite it, it's true that he's significantly above baseline, but the difference between Low 2-C and 2-C is unquantifiable and he doesn't have any higher feats. You should have a look at Tiering System.

Because I was wondering, in dragon ball super, there are only twelve universes and according to what I was told, Jiren is perhaps 30 or 40x universal. Zeno was listed at low multiversal while being able to destroy just only all twelve of them. ƒÿ▓ƒñö

Maybe The Smasher somehow found it annoying, I'll stop. I just figured that its all just fun when it comes to these, but I don't wanna piss anyone off while doing it, that would take the fun away so I'll stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back