• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokémon: Tier 6 strikes back

Bobsican

He/Him
As my stuff was ignored in the CRT to downgrade, I´m here ot prevent the ship from totally leaving.

Loud Exploud
As we can see here, Exploud is capable of making earthquakes by making loud noises

Loud Ludred
Note how Loudred, the mid-stage form can obliterate buildings with its own noises, which to my recall it´s at least magnitude 8 in Richter scale (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richter_magnitude_scale#Richter_magnitudes), which according to the Earthquake Power Chart to being potentially high enought to scale mid-stages to Pupitar

Note that I may be wrong in some part, but it´s worth a try.
Salamence roars
We can see here that Salamence can also make earthquakes by roaring

The first and thrird don't give information on how strong the earthquake is however if that second one is legitimate then I guess tier 6 might be back on.

What are the low-end for the first and third one? They should be at least higher than Loudred for consistency´s sake.

The Loudred scan says absolutely nothing about it creating earthquakes that destroy houses. It says that it creates sound waves which can do this, which is not even remotely close to as high. Notice also how its evolved form creating earthquakes in general is treated as more impressive than what Loudred does.

In regards to anything with actual earthquake statements, the quake caused would currently need to be magnitude 10 or greater to qualify for Island level.

Well I guess they can't be accepted unless someone can prove they are that high.

I agree with Azzy as well. Guys, 7-A isn't even a bad tier. In fact, aside from Digimon being stronger yet agai, there's only pros for them being 7-A.

@Cal Digimon is stronger again even with the recent thread on downgrades? That's absolutely blasphemous.

Then again, literally everything in Digimon wants to go Gurren Lagan Level (kinda), so not surprising.

Volcans in Pokémon have shown to be quite big.

Maybe it should be calced? It´s likely that he can take it from the epicenter.

The real cal howard said:
I agree with Azzy as well. Guys, 7-A isn't even a bad tier. In fact, aside from Digimon being stronger yet agai, there's only pros for them being 7-A.
I still want Pokémon fodder soloing One Piece.

Anyways, I found this in Steelix Pokédex entries:

Steelix potential upgrade
This not only makes it more than likely that earthquake made with Earthquake and Magnitude are legit, but also potentially even a rating above High 6-C

This is not even 8-A under the right conditions. For this to be Tier 6 you would need to be assuming that the volcanoes in Pokémon constantly release Yellowstone levels of energy every week. Mount Saint Helens is the most devastating eruption in modern history and it is barely City level. And that's not only disregarding surface area, but assuming it is talking about an explosion in the volcano itself blasting Ryperior as opposed to it just surviving the fallout, like the lava being expelled and the tons of rock ejected from the volcano (which makes more sense with the areas you find Rhyperior in)

By the way, I also found an statement that makes the situation of Whiscash interesting:

Whiscash making earthquakes
They are not "real" earthquakes" as stated by the Pokédex, but they can still be measured wit the Radiated Waves alternative in the Earthquake Power Chart

That Magnitude (the move) can be taken with Magnitude 10 as an high-end with the Radiated Waves section, unless there´s a reason from denying the feats involving those that I missed?

No? Magnitude 10 has never been used in any form of canonical and non-gameplay mechanics-affected Pokémon media, be it manga or anime, and it's highly doubtful that it ever will considering Pokémon has strongly shied away from showing earthquakes ever since the cancelled earthquake episode (which, ironically, had a Whiscash as the main Pokémon) which took place on the same week as the 2004 Kanto Earthquake. In fact, neither Fissure, nor Magnitude, nor Earthquake have ever been used again in the anime since then.

Oh well, I´m running out of interesting Pokédex entries.

Let´s see if this one seems to have potential, it seems Gigalith can destroy a mountain with a good Solar Beam (which timeframe should be a minute at most, and seconds at mininum).

A small timeframe can be above 7-A?

Gigalith blows mountains in seconds

We don't assume timeframes for informed feats. Violently fragmenting a mountain would be 7-A at best, and Unova is based off of Manhattan, which tends to have quite the small mountain ranges, so yeah - not quite.

High 7-C, actually, but that calc is a rather uber low-end assuming the mountain is 300m tall based on a nearby mountain range to the area Gigalith is supposed to live in - which technically doesn't even qualify for the smallest mountain size agreed on by most scientists (610m)

Why not? The timeframe for the move itself (Solar Beam) only lasts a few seconds, and the fact that it says it in a fashion that doesn´t seem at all like repeteadly fired to be able to destroy a mountain.

Anyways, I also found this that may be worth to take a look. Volcarona can apparently illuminate a considerable open space with its flames, it is to be noted that it also happened in the anime now that I think of it, but I forgot which episode was it, one thing for sure is that it was in the Gen 5 one.

Volcarona is not 4-C

The move lasting only a few seconds is game mechanics and the move's timeframe wouldn't impact the timeframe of the explosion it generates anyway.

And all of these feats have already been calculated, Volcarona's feat is 7-B

Game mechanics? In the anime it only took a few seconds.

I better go for the footage at this point.

It only takes a few seconds for the move ''to be fired''. That doesn't mean anything in regards to the explosions or aftereffects of it hitting ''something''.

Back